Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Furiously
Jan 4, 2014

...and Furiously as The Beagle.
I'm starting to think the queue is a lie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.

Furiously posted:

I'm starting to think the queue is a lie.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/54cnd2/are_the_servers_partially_down_or_something/d80qx1n

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
It lives.

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
Hey guys, this weekend I got my first character, a ranger, to level 80. So far I've done the very first parts of HoT, just so I could start earning mastery experience. Other than that, I'm still doing the rest of my personal story.

Not really sure what to do next. I'll likely continue with the HoT story, and after that maybe the Living stories? Also looking more into builds etc, but what's the best way to upgrade my gear? And how should I proceed if I want to eventually get into fractals?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Sjonkel posted:

Hey guys, this weekend I got my first character, a ranger, to level 80. So far I've done the very first parts of HoT, just so I could start earning mastery experience. Other than that, I'm still doing the rest of my personal story.

Not really sure what to do next. I'll likely continue with the HoT story, and after that maybe the Living stories? Also looking more into builds etc, but what's the best way to upgrade my gear? And how should I proceed if I want to eventually get into fractals?

For a new level 80 character, work towards getting exotic gear and unlocking your druid specialization. You can buy a set of berserker exotic armor from Cursed shore karma merchant Jonez Deadrun in the Grenth temple, if you saved up some karma. (berserker being the best general use -stat available.)

Keep in mind though, you can't salvage runes from karma-bought gear. Other than that, if you have leveled your crafting, you can make exotic gear yourself. Also doing dungeons will give you tokens to exchange for exotic armor if you like doing those. Along with these there are plenty of ways to get exotics, but that's the level of gear you should set out for, and that'll last you for a long time until you start saving for ascended at some point.

You can pretty much start doing Fractals right away, unless your gear is horribly underleveled. Eventually you will need ascended equipment, because it's the only one with infusion slots to counter agony, a Fractal-specific mechanic. Here you can see how much you need for each level. But as you can see you can do 19 first Fractals without any agony resistance to learn how they work.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fractals_of_the_Mists#Fractal_levels

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Sep 26, 2016

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Also you should buy an ascended amulet from a laurel vendor as soon as you have enough laurels, if you've been spending them. Rings aren't bad to buy with laurels either if you don't do fractals often, but if you do get into fractals it's much easier to buy them with pristine fractal relics. Also look into doing guild missions to get ascended accessories. If you have ascended trinkets then you can slot in agony infusions to do more than just the lowest level fractals and you can get pretty far before you start needing actual ascended armour.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
You can also get an amulet, rings, and a backpiece from bloodstone fen. ember bay has a backpiece and trinkets. Neither of those places require laurels, so if you're short on that currency just go out and farm up some blood rubies or petrified wood instead.

Be aware, however, that both the rings and the trinkets are considered unique meaning you can only have one equipped at a time, on that character. The ring can be bypassed by attuning or infusing (or both) one ring but not the other. As long as one's upgraded higher than the other, you can wear both.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

The new zone is cool and good, I got 100% last night, and for the first time in ages (including all of HoT for sure), I had a ton of fun exploring. Anet really really needs to keep releasing more zones like this, A++++ would ember bay again.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

What should I do with 600+ Laurels?
I have all the S1 stuff I care about.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

What should I do with 600+ Laurels?
I have all the S1 stuff I care about.

Buy T6, get rich.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Did they fix the candy corn rat slaughter thing from a couple years ago? Because that was fun and lucrative.

Well maybe just lucrative.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
I believe the thrown transformation items now only affect one target per toss.

Actual Halloween is coming up though so get your lootstick ready for the labyrinth.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
I tried to do Chalice of Tears this morning and fell off right before the final checkpoint, died and never auto-respawned at the third checkpoint. This game I swear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMplhYRle1c

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Lonk posted:

Chalice of Tears

Most aptly named thing in the entire game, imo

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.

Lonk posted:

I tried to do Chalice of Tears this morning and fell off right before the final checkpoint, died and never auto-respawned at the third checkpoint. This game I swear.

Happened to me except I fell after looting the chest. Glad I took a mesmer.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
The top half was much more intuitive and easier than the bottom half. I wonder if the Dulfy guide isn't the best route, or if it is unnecessarily complex for the sake of being shorter.

I'm not doing it again to find out though.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

I AM THE BEST.

Crimsonbeak
Nov 7, 2004

Lonk posted:

Ewww that_shaman is a skillbar clicker.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

Crimsonbeak posted:

Ewww that_shaman is a skillbar clicker.

I mean some of the skills have clearly been rebound to be hotkeys, so it makes it so much more confusing why clicking still occurs

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

hmm yes why did the person making a joke video of doing a stupidly difficult jp with no weapons do a stereotypically amateur action

who is this 'Hugh Moore' fellow you mention

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
Attn Arus: New 1% pass for Ember Bay.

Buy More Gems Dude

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Lonk posted:

Attn Arus: New 1% pass for Ember Bay.

Buy More Gems Dude

omfg omfg omfg

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.

Anet doesn't care about charr.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

MacBook Air Gamer posted:

Anet doesn't care about charr.

No one does.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

It's weird that they can't just put a sheet of hair matching your own that comes down from the back of the hair - leaves for sylvari - if you have a long hairstyle, that at least shows you've put the hair under the hat or something cause seriously the baldness is just boring now.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Yeah but hats and hair vanishing is one problem that's far from unique to GW2 so I'll give it a pass. An annoyed pass, but a pass.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

What's weirder is that they actually did that at launch, then it got bugged into total baldness with a patch like a month in, and hat baldness has been with us ever since.

edit: visual proof!

Schpyder fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Sep 27, 2016

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

neongrey posted:

Yeah but hats and hair vanishing is one problem that's far from unique to GW2 so I'll give it a pass. An annoyed pass, but a pass.

The thing is, it didn't use to be like this.
Once upon a time I put the wvw badge hat on my thief and it showed hair textures peeking out from underneath. A couple months later on the day of some patch, the baldness epidemic strikes. I never got an answer on my bug report, and only a few threads popped up but had little to no response.

I always found it surprising that in a game with such a die-hard pretty princess playerbase, the sudden change never triggered a larger outcry.

edit : ^^^ didn't even see schpyder's post, lmao.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

It was probably too much work for them

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

someone post pictures of the new 1% lounge so I can get aroused in anticipation of tonight's gem buying

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Can you fly off the 1% area into ember bay?

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Schpyder posted:

What's weirder is that they actually did that at launch, then it got bugged into total baldness with a patch like a month in, and hat baldness has been with us ever since.

edit: visual proof!

haha you have leukemia

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
The new 1% lounge looks kind of lame tbqh. You can see a display video on dulfy

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

quote:

Cosmic Logging Tool – 1000 gems
  • You call down on a black hole from the sky to chop your trees.

That seems rather excessive.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Yes, it really should be just 500 or 700 gems or so.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
It came from LA mapchat...

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

tyblazitar posted:

It came from LA mapchat...

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

the new ffxiv patch added a new NPC that is a literal catgirl, like 10-13 year old catgirl, and the lead in to meeting her is a giant roe (nord) dude implying he has a crush on her

like, at least this poo poo has to come from the players in gw2

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
I think that's NPC dialogue or close to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Xun posted:

It was probably too much work for them

Not enough bandwidth.

:oldskool:

• Locked thread