Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Pinely posted:

there's an inverse relationship between skill level and lfg requirements. the most unreasonable requirements mostly come from players that are straight up terrible at the game.

Yes this is true. Im just suprised how quickly the community has shut out the majority of players in this instance.

And to be fair, people who are 353 asking for no less than a 375 with emblem tom BS etc is about 40%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Post game reward: AMR
Turn in Shaxfall: AMR
Check on rank up package: AMR

Jesus loving Christ :negative:

Call 911! Call 911!!

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

moist turtleneck posted:

Call 911! Call 911!!

These flames are painted on the vehicle? the illusion of movement in this jpg is great.

What type of dude paint flames in his car?

Will the way the way the Outbreak Prime is obtained be simplified? looks a bit too complicate for the type of people that just follows youtube videos like breadcrumbs towards a chest.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

deadwing posted:

Actually spending your money on weed is much better

In some jurisdictions weed is illegal, unlike chroma.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

If I am at 352 and have a shitload of marks, is there anything I can buy to up my level? Everything seems to be topped out at 350.

Check which materials your faction is getting for donations then use marks for materials at the vanguard quartermaster in the Hangars.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

limaCAT posted:

Check which materials your faction is getting for donations then use marks for materials at the vanguard quartermaster in the Hangars.

Hmm that sounds like it might work, thanks. Anyone disagree before I throw all my marks away?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I have to say that ARG to get the diamond open is pretty well put together. It took a lot of crowdsourcing and all the coding/binary crap ties in in kind of a fun way with the whole AI story.

The gun looks cool as hell too. Drops at 390. And shoots siva.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Alexander DeLarge posted:

It's literally in the contract that Destiny would drop previous gen support and and Destiny 2 would launch on PC so I don't see why anyone's doubting anything. Also it's funny how you talk about the tears of the PC players considering the tears I've seen today because a bunch of fanboys are losing their console exclusive.

God I hope PS4vPC becomes a thing, it'll be Shadowrun 2.0 all over again.

Which would mean it'd be designed for Scorpio so I'm fine with that. I just hate being forced to use a machine that is 5x slower than the box sitting right next to it. As we saw with Grand Theft Auto V Online, the load times changed from 2-3 minutes (people wouldn't even do missions except for heists because the load times were so long and the missions weren't worth the loading times) to 15-30 seconds at most.

It's not about it being console exclusive or whatever it's about having a nice game where I don't have to deal with people like you.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yes, strike chest reliably drops a blue artifact at or above your overall light level.

Ghosts are RNG from faction rankup and it is a huge PitA. I got one on my 365 hunter but not on my 373 main I'm actually power-ranking :negative:

So I'm still catching up, but I recently started leveling up my third character and am really upset I never thought of throwing over random 365 junk to my other characters to infuse. You can infuse stuff that isn't from your class just fine. So many wasted blues at 365 :negative:

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Hmm that sounds like it might work, thanks. Anyone disagree before I throw all my marks away?

I'd help you farm Omnigul tonight if you can find a third. Marks can be spent on better things than the horrible materials->rank conversion you'll get.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Post game reward: AMR
Turn in Shaxfall: AMR
Check on rank up package: AMR

Jesus loving Christ :negative:

i got my third raid fusion rifle last night

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Kumo posted:

i got my third raid fusion rifle last night

I've gotten like 6 rocket launchers

None of them were even a light level boost

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

FishBulb posted:

Awesome. Can't wait for PC gamers to ruin this poo poo with complaints about frame rates and crap.

I can't wait for PC so I can actually play it with my brother again. I don't care if I have to start over or whatever.

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.

FishBulb posted:

It's not about it being console exclusive or whatever it's about having a nice game where I don't have to deal with people like you.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

People don't seem to realize that cross platform play is a real thing that Microsoft is promoting now. It's very possible that Windows and Xbox players will face off against each other in game.

PS4 technically supports it too but I think Sony is still not allowing their systems to mingle with Xbox.

What will be interesting to me is if Bungie actually does it how they'll handle the mouse issue. Will they rebalance AA for mice? Or force PC gamers to play with a controller?

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

xzzy posted:

What will be interesting to me is if Bungie actually does it how they'll handle the mouse issue. Will they rebalance AA for mice? Or force PC gamers to play with a controller?

Matchmaking for co-op modes only, PVP is separate per platform would be my guess.

Though in actuality: No cross play, PC is too likely to be filled with exploits.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Blind Rasputin posted:

I have to say that ARG to get the diamond open is pretty well put together. It took a lot of crowdsourcing and all the coding/binary crap ties in in kind of a fun way with the whole AI story.

The gun looks cool as hell too. Drops at 390. And shoots siva.

ARG have his place at timegating content at a pace that is controlled by the community, but the appeal is limited. Only a handful of individuals can solve them. People that is merely good at crypto are barren, because the dificulty is one level above that. So is a game for the people that are godlike at crypto problems.

The Irony of this one being crypto themed is not lost on me. One of the most pirated movies of all time are Pirates of the Caribbean, a movie that give appeal to the job of piracy. But the resulting solutions in-game are a bit tiresome. I would have enjoyed more a serie of puzzles of the uncharted style.

xzzy posted:

People don't seem to realize that cross platform play is a real thing that Microsoft is promoting now. It's very possible that Windows and Xbox players will face off against each other in game.

PS4 technically supports it too but I think Sony is still not allowing their systems to mingle with Xbox.

I don't believe Microsoft, because none of the times they say something was true.

All dreams of crossplay die instantly with the words "separate servers" said with a soft tone at low volume.

Tei fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Sep 28, 2016

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Obsurveyor posted:

Though in actuality: No cross play, PC is too likely to be filled with exploits.

Right, because there's never been any exploits on the consoles.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

xzzy posted:

Right, because there's never been any exploits on the consoles.

Not to the degree of cheat engine and things of that nature, no there haven't.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Obsurveyor posted:

Not to the degree of cheat engine and things of that nature, no there haven't.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/4msv5v/trials_of_osiris_ddos_attack_video/

Is true that cheating is more a problem on the PC platform. The PC could be running software to modify memory or scan the network, even modify the network. This change how games need to be written. Network games need to protect memory positions with important variables so are not easy to modify with cheat engine. Network models need to balance the server/client architecture to have more data in the server side, where in a console environment that data could be client-side. But other than that, cheating in the PC platform is always exaggerated by console owners. You can be a PC gamer and never run into cheaters in a multiplayer game, or maybe run into somebody that may be cheating, but you don't truly know.

Tei fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Sep 28, 2016

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Hi I want to buy this game and try it out before I drop money on a ps+ sub can I play single player offline thanks

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
I had a blue cartridge that would plug into the back of my Ps1. It would stop games spinning once the security was read off the disk, then you could put a "backup" copy of your game in and play that.

You could buy games from the IT kids who were doing computer degrees in the university halls of residence down the street from me. 15 for 5 games.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Hi I want to buy this game and try it out before I drop money on a ps+ sub can I play single player offline thanks

No. It requires a connection to load you in.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

No.

When you start playing hit me up Dickeye we can do some dumb poo poo that gets me items thanks in advance.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

xzzy posted:

Contrary to popular belief, a mouse and keyboard doesn't necessarily make you better than a controller user. Black Ops 3 on PC lets people use 360 controllers with aim assist and they do just fine against mouse & keyboard users. Mouse & keyboard offers more precision and thus a higher skill ceiling than a controller, but very few people reach that point.

PC shooters don't use AA with m&k.

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Watched some twitch last night while they were figuring out the exotics quest. I didn't realize twitch was the equivalent to a bunch of baby birds chirping all at once for mommy to notice them.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

boz posted:

Watched some twitch last night while they were figuring out the exotics quest. I didn't realize twitch was the equivalent to a bunch of baby birds chirping all at once for mommy to notice them.

Twitch chat counts as a comments section, apply the usual rule.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lol if you guys don't realize this ARG thing is a perfectly executed combination of a time gate and a marketing campaign.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

hitchensgoespop posted:

No. It requires a connection to load you in.

Rip my balls

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

There's only a few twitch chats I can leave open and not get depressed about humanity, and it's probably a total coincidence they're subscriber only

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

That is a very good analogy. With all the baby birds are chirping LUL and whatever that loving dance emote is over and over.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Mill Village posted:

Contrary to popular belief, a mouse and keyboard doesn't necessarily make you better than a controller user. Black Ops 3 on PC lets people use 360 controllers with aim assist and they do just fine against mouse & keyboard users. Mouse & keyboard offers more precision and thus a higher skill ceiling than a controller, but very few people reach that point.

PC shooters don't use AA with m&k.

People will still complain about it.

"He only got his flawless because he was using a mouse and the OP 2KYS." :qq:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Also I hope all you fucbois that did the felwinters climb for that one useless siva cluster had a good time lmao

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Also I hope all you fucbois that did the felwinters climb for that one useless siva cluster had a good time lmao

Bad platformer spotted

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

xzzy posted:

People will still complain about it.

"He only got his flawless because he was using a mouse and the OP 2KYS." :qq:

Yeah, they could put up with all the whining, and add a bunch of things to the game which may or may not even out the balance between controllers and KBM, and put up with the constant friction in the community over this issue, and tweak them every time there's too much outrage, and enter an endless cycle of complaints and subjectivity...

...or they could uncheck the "allow pc vs console play" box.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just built a new computer, so if Bungie wants to give me the opportunity to stop paying to play online, I'm going to be all over it. I can see cross-plat working like Rocket League, where PC-PS4 and PC-Bone can match up, but still not PS4-Bone. No cross-play would probably keep me on PS4.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

People is terrible, and so is everything.

The Pope is atheist, and he got the job only for the free car you get.

All princess and top#1 womens have a rear end, and they daily visit the poo room, and that rear end generate huge brown turds that smell really bad.

Humans are weak, puny, lame, terrible and retarded. But theres no reason to make that a mantle and to be pessimist and whine about it all the time.

We all aspire to be rich, unemployed or streamers and play videogames all day.

Thats the life. It exist and thats enough. One day we all will be rich, unemployed, retired or dead. And we will be allow to play all the videogames all the time, to our heart desire.

Believe!

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

Tei posted:

People is terrible, and so is everything.

The Pope is atheist, and he got the job only for the free car you get.

All princess and top#1 womens have a rear end, and they daily visit the poo room, and that rear end generate huge brown turds that smell really bad.

Humans are weak, puny, lame, terrible and retarded. But theres no reason to make that a mantle and to be pessimist and whine about it all the time.

We all aspire to be rich, unemployed or streamers and play videogames all day.

Thats the life. It exist and thats enough. One day we all will be rich, unemployed, retired or dead. And we will be allow to play all the videogames all the time, to our heart desire.

Believe!

Preach

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

It actually is gonna own if the SIVA clusters don't do a loving thing the entire DLC lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Emron posted:

It actually is gonna own if the SIVA clusters don't do a loving thing the entire DLC lol

I'm sure I'll need them to buy my year 3 shirt at least

• Locked thread