Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

axleblaze posted:

What is this even referring to?

they gave FL and could give SS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i would unironically rather have knack

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

axleblaze posted:

What is this even referring to?

Second Son. They gave away First Light.

e: I would rather have Knack too. I already own Second Son. I preordered Knack and it was a pretty OK game that I sold like 2 weeks later.

ee: Knack really isn't a bad game if you like old 3D platformers and aren't completely terrible at games. Apparently people thought it was hard? I suck at games and didn't find it hard at all so who knows.

ddogflex fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Sep 27, 2016

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I guess I was just thrown off because First Light isn't really half of Second Son by any stretch.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

don't make me hyped only to crush me nuts

Japan got it this month. It was a special addition for a few days around the release of the demo for the second game, not as a regular game for september.

thejacob
Feb 13, 2014
Knack knack, open up the store, it's free.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
knack knack

trick or treat

dont they have like 5 old resisdent evil games on ps4 they can burn through

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

John Romero posted:

knack knack

trick or treat

dont they have like 5 old resisdent evil games on ps4 they can burn through

charity from capcom seems unlikely these days

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Kirios posted:

If collectables don't show up on a map in game they can gently caress right off forever.

I don't remember which game it was (I think maybe one of the Infamous titles? Or possible Crackdown 2?) but one of them had the collectibles start showing up on your map as you collected more of them. Seemed like a really good balance of "explore the world and find poo poo" and "go to point A to get shiny 13". Similarly I like how in AC:Syndicate if you go close by to a collectible it gets put on your map and stays there even if you wander off without collecting it.

Davincie posted:

im calling gravity rush remastered for ps+

I really hope it is, I missed the sale by 20 minutes.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Crackdown was the ultimate "collect things and make numbers go up" game. It was so satisfying

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Real hurthling! posted:

charity from capcom seems unlikely these days

The last humble bundle for ps4 was mostly Capcom stuff so I'd say that's real loving charity.

Like resident evil remake, sfv coupon, mega man coupon, strider, other poo poo.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Sell me on darkest dungeon, I remember the main thread for it being kinda divisive. I know it's structured somewhat like new XCOM but that it's super tedious to get fresh recruits up to speed and therefore feels grindy??

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Lakbay posted:

Sell me on darkest dungeon, I remember the main thread for it being kinda divisive. I know it's structured somewhat like new XCOM but that it's super tedious to get fresh recruits up to speed and therefore feels grindy??
Well it's vaguely like 1-D fantasy horror XCOM, maps are a series of one dimensional corridors (forward and back only except at intersections) and your battle formation is limited to four guys in a line. Skills hit based on position in line, like some only hit the front and some hit the back, some require the guy to be in the front or the back, etc.

It is grindy but every mission is a very real threat as well, and there are a huge array of various afflictions and other traits your characters can get assigned after a mission. Every character also has a stress level in addition to HP, and maxed stress can make them go insane. A big part of the in between mission gameplay is using town buildings to remove stress and unwanted afflictions, while deciding which skills to train, what to build and who has recovered enough to do another mission. You also have the usual decision of how much and which supplies to set aside and take on your next mission.

Thanks to stress you won't be using the same squad for the whole game like you could in XCOM in certain cases. It feels even more roguelike than XCOM since there are a lot of things you need to learn besides your enemies and how to fight them. There are various interactables in the corridors, items you can bring to use on them, equipment you can bring along on each character, and so on. You can have that roguelike experience where you die hard but you have a leg up next time because you recognize how to deal with a thing you saw before and maybe even get extra rewards.

I think it has great atmosphere and an interesting theme as well as a lot that can happen differently despite the repetition. The announcer and the insanity effects are kick rear end and while the enemies may eventually get repetitive the game does a lot to force you out of your comfort zone so you're not fighting the same battle every time.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Maybe the retail game is Dark Souls II PS4 version

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Or maybe it's Knack...

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken

In Training posted:

Maybe the retail game is Dark Souls II PS4 version

darksiders 2: deathfinitive edition

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Knack 2: The Future

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Sknack (except the S is a backwards 2)

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Knack 2: Return of the Knack is the only real naming option

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Knack 2: Knackers

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Knackuza 6

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Knack 2Night

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Return of the Knack

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

The Dark Knack

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

How cool would it be if they pulled a jak 2 by making knack 2 way darker for no reason?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Five Knacks at Freddy's

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

It will be called Knick and it will be a prequel.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Knack Ops III

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sonic 3 & Knackles

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Duke Knackem'

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

axleblaze posted:

I guess I was just thrown off because First Light isn't really half of Second Son by any stretch.

Nor should it really be played before Second Son. Story presentation is better in the order the games were released.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Kn4ck

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
They called the second Knack Knack One

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Kna-

October:

Resident Evil, PS4
Transformers: Devastation, PS4
Mad Riders, PS3
From Dust, PS3
Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~, PS Vita
Actual Sunlight, PS Vita

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Vita means Otome Games, apparently

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Rinkles posted:

Kna-

October:

Resident Evil, PS4
Mad Riders, PS3
From Dust, PS3
Actual Sunlight, PS Vita

Interesting if true.

e: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/09/28/playstation-plus-free-games-for-october-2016/

Will deffo replay RE1. Yeah. Hell yeah.

Also, glad I held off on Transformers until now.

Kenny Logins fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Sep 28, 2016

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005
.knack//SIGH

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I've wanted to play Transformers so I'm cool with that. The Resident Evil remake port is great too.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I am fine with this month as I wanted to play that RE1 remake/port of GC version, but it never had a decent sale price. Any of the Vita stuff any good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Rinkles posted:

Kna-

October:

Resident Evil, PS4
Mad Riders, PS3
From Dust, PS3
Actual Sunlight, PS Vita
that's a middling Knacktober but I gotta say pushing Actual Sunlight on Vita owners is a pretty inspired insult

also looks like a bad game

• Locked thread