Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

fits my needs posted:

why is some guy leering at and taking pics of young women w/ apple products in public?

is goon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Still upset that you can't rate songs in Music.app anymore in iOS 10. timb, fix this poo poo now. *Trump voice* I have lots and lots and lots of smart playlists that rely on star ratings.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Management posted:

I never use 3D Touch. what does it do that's useful?

if you have a folder with an app with a notification you can 3d touch the folder to go straight to that app. you can 3d touch notifications on the lock screen to go to those apps. you can 3d touch the flashlight in control center for different light intensities. you can 3d touch reminders to check off something or create new reminders

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

GameCube posted:

you got force-obsolesced bro. time to upgrade to 3D Touch, the thing that literally nobody has ever wanted or enjoyed, not even the cremster (RIP)

no I'm talking about macOS not phone poo poo. for whatever reason updating to sierra turned it off? but its still there in trackpad settings :c00l:

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Endless Mike posted:

if you have a folder with an app with a notification you can 3d touch the folder to go straight to that app. you can 3d touch notifications on the lock screen to go to those apps. you can 3d touch the flashlight in control center for different light intensities. you can 3d touch reminders to check off something or create new reminders

nice. I gave up on 3D Touch in iOS 9, I guess I will spend some time pressing on things to find what mysteries they hold

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Discovery was ended in 2012

Along with Endeavor and Atlantis but i think tim missed that last part

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

The Management posted:

I guess I will spend some time pressing on things to find what mysteries they hold

"apple is good at uis"

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

bump_fn posted:

no I'm talking about macOS not phone poo poo. for whatever reason updating to sierra turned it off? but its still there in trackpad settings :c00l:

yeah macbooks have that too now. it's really hosed up

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i like that the company that started with a one button mouse now has 15 different ways of selecting something that will all do something different

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

infernal machines posted:

i like that the company that started with a one button mouse now has 15 different ways of selecting something that will all do something different

there is someplace deep in my motor cortex that doesn't quite get the difference between a long press and a hard press

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

DuckConference posted:

there is someplace deep in my motor cortex that doesn't quite get the difference between a long press and a hard press

it's *different*

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

but seriously no there is very little that changes. try doing a hard press on a phone that doesn't have force touch and you will find that, whoops, in pushing harder I have held my finger on the screen longer and it registered perfectly as a long press

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

force thumb textfield cursor is the only reason

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Endless Mike posted:

that's pretty cool

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

also you can 3d touch the camera icon (both the app and in control center) to go directly to the different camera modes. forgot about that one

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

also you can 3d touch the camera icon (both the app and in control center) to go directly to the different camera modes. forgot about that one

this and 3d touching settings for going to wifi or bluetooth are the only ones I ever remember to use

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

my phone shipped just now

thought i'd let you guys know

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

GameCube posted:

you got force-obsolesced bro. time to upgrade to 3D Touch, the thing that literally nobody has ever wanted or enjoyed, not even the cremster (RIP)

i freakin love it on my macbook pro

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
3d touch, or how to confuse the gently caress out of olds

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Endless Mike posted:

they really need to do something to make these more discoverable. like a certain thin outline against the touchable object or something

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

infernal machines posted:

3d touch, or how to confuse the gently caress out of olds

“death will take care of that”
-stebe

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Scott Forstall posted:

“death will take care of that”
-stebe

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Necc0 posted:

they really need to do something to make these more discoverable. like a certain thin outline against the touchable object or something

how about that 3D layering effect they touted in ios 7 as creating the appearance of "separation" and "depth" and then they did nothing with it afterward

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

3d touch is like that one mouse with force feedback back in the 90s

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

my college roommate had one of those

it was actually p neat...you'd roll over the edge of a window and there'd be this little *thump*, and moving the cursor over the desktop had this scratchy feel like fine sandpaper

not that useful in general but it might have been really helpful for blind people

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
3D Touch and Live Photos are both pretty neat

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

agreed. people who can't hack 3d touch or can't tell the difference between a long press and a 3D touch are probably the same ppl who couldn't figure out right-click or double-click pre-2007. i.e.: ppl with v poor motor skills

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

THC posted:

agreed. people who can't hack 3d touch or can't tell the difference between a long press and a 3D touch are probably the same ppl who couldn't figure out right-click or double-click pre-2007. i.e.: ppl with v poor motor skills

hmm its almost like there used to be a computer company catering to these people

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
nothing using 3D touch is necessary, it's just a shortcut to get to things faster. someone who doesn't know about them isn't really missing anything

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

The Management posted:

nothing using 3D touch is necessary, it's just a shortcut to get to things faster. someone who doesn't know about them isn't really missing anything

or if you're using god's own iphone se, the device works fine without 3d touch

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Last Chance posted:

or if you're using god's own iphone se, the device works fine without 3d touch

:yeah:

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
cuck

zen death robot posted:

the 7+ is the best phone would recommend a+++

still waiting for my 7+ here in Sweden😰

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

zen death robot posted:

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
voicemail transcription does not understand the word "fart"

double ohm seven
Jul 14, 2016
help yospos, quittin job time equals new phone time. which should i get?

iPhone se 64gb, 38€\mo
iPhone 7 32gb, 45€\mo
iPhone 6s 64gb, 45€\mo

I'm leaning towards the se

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
7+ in the shape of a 5 will be the best
phone ever

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
the iPhone 7.

it's so fast that it's ridiculous. plus matte black looks nice as hell, and is blacker than the iPhone 5.

the SE didn't get updated and so it's still the iPhone 6S guts in a smaller phone, but apparently with the older, slower iPhone 6 touchID sensor.

and the camera is :kickinrad: even on the regular 7. optical image stabilization makes low light shots way better.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

zen death robot posted:

same

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

zen death robot posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency