Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Spikeguy posted:

I liked a small bit John said on Talking Smack where he said he didn't go for the title on Raw because he knew the Authority would gently caress with him. A nice little piece of storytelling. Hell his whole promo is pretty great.

what? he got drafted to SD, he didn't have a choice about which title he wanted to compete for, right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

MinibarMatchman posted:

what? he got drafted to SD, he didn't have a choice about which title he wanted to compete for, right

He basically said that with the Authority controlling the RAW title picture he knew he would likely wouldn't get an opporutnity at that championship again, but being on SmackDown doesn't just give an opportunity to up-and-comers, but also him.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

sticklefifer posted:

I hope Bray goes all in on his new Escape the Room entrepreneur gimmick.

"You have to find the numbers that correspond to three combination locks, Randy. Only then can you find the clue that helps you open the safe. If you need a hint, press the call button. BUT BEWARE, RANDY! It will dock your final score!"

Bray Wyatt should restart the Crystal Maze. I have cooled so much on Wyatt since his rapadoo but this has got me excited for him again. It would have been stupid but knew to keep going till it hit that sweet spot of carny. Please WWE - dont just squish the dude again. Let him win a feud. Randy is old and can take the hit. Bray needs teeth and not just empty rhetoric. This is a step in the right direction.

Miz was amazing. I am officially a Miz fan again for the first time since Miz and Morrisson. There hasn't been a retirement stip in ages.... c'mon WWE pull the trigger and let Ziggler go do stand up or something else. Miz would be so great with bragging about himself as being so awesome he kills careers.

John Cena, Ambrose and Styles were great again. Its been said a million times but Cena really is amazing and will be missed when he retires to Hollywood. I was so deflated after RAW and almost skipped Smackdown. Too much Steph's roster castration and the cruiserweights just make me sad as I know, one day soon, I will go to watch a cruiser 4 way or tag team and the speakers will scream "BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNN!" I hope after the cruisers die or become a Superstars exclusive they send the Brian Kendrick to smackdown along with Cesaro. I like the other guys but I was always a Kendrick fan and enjoy his new Christian style "One More Match" gimmick. But yeah.... Smackdown saves the day and leaves me happy yet again. Thanks Smackdown.

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Sep 28, 2016

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Orton is beating Bray since he's the only viable babyface challenger for AJ. Sorry.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Heath is taking the title off of AJ

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I think Nash and especially Hall would be good as some type of backstage role. I know in the Legends talk with JBL they both said they'd be interested but WWE has never asked them to work behind the scenes.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Virgil would make a good backstage.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Ruggington posted:

Heath is taking the title off of AJ

Heath has a pinfall victory over Jericho.

Jericho has a pinfall victory over AJ.

Simple math.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

oldpainless posted:

I think Nash and especially Hall would be good as some type of backstage role. I know in the Legends talk with JBL they both said they'd be interested but WWE has never asked them to work behind the scenes.

They'd need to be kept from the program itself though, don't forget Nash did backstage stuff at WCW and TNA. Maybe he's matured, or maybe he's played the long game. The main difference of course would be Vince, because I don't think Nash could just run a show without Vince going "SUP NASH HEARD YOU BEEN DOING poo poo!"

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mr Hero.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/WShopUpdates/status/781145667066589184

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im beyond the New Day at this point. Raw tag team division is a mess, they need actual teams and not random 1-1 guys.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

kofi's gotta replace the blood he lost monday

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

New Day
Enzo & Cass
The Club

Those are really the only 3 actual tag teams on Raw?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

bradzilla posted:

New Day
Enzo & Cass
The Club

Those are really the only 3 actual tag teams on Raw?

there's always the shining st... lol i can't

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
I love the Usos' heel act now. They seem like dangerous, despicable bad guys and their submission is getting put over huge. Basically Smackdown Live is awesome.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Orton is great, also thank you.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Weird that they put Cesaro on there.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I caught the kiddo sneaking out of bed last night to get a drink of water, and she begged me to make sure I didn't delete Smackdown Live so she could see AJ beat the crap out of Ambrose.

"What about RAW sweetie? Do you want me to keep it on the DVR so you can catch up?"

"Nah. I can find the Bayley stuff on Youtube. Besides, you need to make room for the new season of Liv and Maddie."

Girl has her priorities right.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
eight years old and already a smark cheering for the heel

smdh
my wife was in the room for that and I'm pretty sure she is a Randy Orton fan for life now

Randy looks mildly uncomfortable with being a face most of the time but he tries damnit :unsmith:

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Sep 28, 2016

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

New Day really rocks the merchandising. This is cool.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Soothing Vapors posted:

my wife was in the room for that and I'm pretty sure she is a Randy Orton fan for life now

Randy looks mildly uncomfortable with being a face most of the time but he tries damnit :unsmith:

He's really good with the kids and has been since he first became a dad. His stuff on swerved whenever he's dealing with a young fan is always amazing.

He's probably third behind Cena and Miz on that count, but those two are just so astoundingly good at it.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Daniel Bryan hyping his TOUT!!! on Instagram is the best thing in the WWE

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

bradzilla posted:

Bray Wyatt is the Jigsaw Killer

He asks "You want to play a game?" but the game turns out to be Phantasmagoria.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I know the cruiserweights are new so this question isn't an attempt to agree with the "RAW is ruining the cruiserweights" argument that has popped up after two weeks, but why don't they take Main Event/Superstar (I don't remember which belongs to RAW) and make it the cruiserweight show? Foreign markets?

This, along with the fan that was super sad she didn't get to see Becky, is what wrestling is all about. :)

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

triplexpac posted:

Daniel Bryan hyping his TOUT!!! on Instagram is the best thing in the WWE

Having Renee yelling at him that it's not a Tout is funny as hell

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

No Irish Need Imply posted:

This, along with the fan that was super sad she didn't get to see Becky, is what wrestling is all about. :)

In other words, its for children and we just watch it because we have mental problems

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The reaction from the dude with the nWo shirt sells it for me. Smackdown is great, wrestling is great.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

The_Rob posted:

I honestly thought it was all pretty cool. I dunno. Wrestling is cool when it's weird and dumb like that.

Nah it's all about drama, like the gripping Rollins/Stephanie/Foley/HHH story, or a twin telling the other one that she shoulda died in the womb, or the Rusev/Lana/Ziggler/Summer Rae love... quadrangle.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

So I guess everyone was right in predicting that New Day would be overexposed?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

I know the cruiserweights are new so this question isn't an attempt to agree with the "RAW is ruining the cruiserweights" argument that has popped up after two weeks, but why don't they take Main Event/Superstar (I don't remember which belongs to RAW) and make it the cruiserweight show? Foreign markets?

Nobody watches those shows so it'd be an even bigger burial?

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

The mood in this thread on Wednesday morning is so much nicer than Tuesday morning. SmackDown Live is Good.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Destroy My Sweater posted:

So I guess everyone was right in predicting that New Day would be overexposed?

the wwe has never not overexposed anything

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Rogue Copter Pilot posted:

The mood in this thread on Wednesday morning is so much nicer than Tuesday morning. SmackDown Live is Good.

It's loving hilarious how much better Smackdown is than RAM

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
There's something I find amusing about how much everyone (including myself) likes Smackdown. The non wrestling segments on Raw were all really bad, and made the show very tedious to watch. Smackdown had 3 loving matches, and the whole show was all good and enjoyable to watch, with the exception of the Bray bit, which I liked, but other people don't seem to be sold on it.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Efexeye posted:

the wwe has never not overexposed anything

Yeah maybe it's just Reddit but the overwhelming "New Day is bad, please take the titles off of them because they're bad and hell, they might have always been bad probably" sentiment is kind of funny to me considering they were THE ONLY REASON TO WATCH RAW/M for months. Then again I guess this poo poo probably happens all the time???/

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
I had SDL on mute all episode, but both the Ziggles/Miz promo and the orton/wyatt weird thing looked cool so I'll check those out tonight.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Yeah maybe it's just Reddit but the overwhelming "New Day is bad, please take the titles off of them because they're bad and hell, they might have always been bad probably" sentiment is kind of funny to me considering they were THE ONLY REASON TO WATCH RAW/M for months. Then again I guess this poo poo probably happens all the time???/

I still like them but they need to drop the titles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
you can stop calling it RAM now guys

• Locked thread