Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
New Day isn't going to be less interesting without the titles. They're just keeping them so they can beat a record because WWE is petty and the current record holders are suing them.

Seeing New Day actually have to chase for the belts again because they finally got beaten at their own game, be it a numbers game, or outright cheating, would be a good story, but instead we have to go through the bullet points of every New Day promo (topical reference, WWE WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS, booty os, BECAUSE!!!!!) before they inexplicably win a title match against a team who needs the win more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
you people complain about 50/50 booking and then when anyone is booked strong you complain about them "not needing wins" and "not helping to make anyone else" lol

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Vaguido posted:

There's something I find amusing about how much everyone (including myself) likes Smackdown. The non wrestling segments on Raw were all really bad, and made the show very tedious to watch. Smackdown had 3 loving matches, and the whole show was all good and enjoyable to watch, with the exception of the Bray bit, which I liked, but other people don't seem to be sold on it.

Once Ziggler, Big Show, Kane, and maybe Sheamus are gone, Bray will be the new "ugh just go away. I don't care if you just had a good match/promo, GET OFF MY SCREEN" guy that a few people here and there will defend.

I don't like face New Day, like 75% of their charm was being unapologetic self-serving trolls. I hope they get one more heel run before dropping the belts to Enzo and Cass. I never liked the "This guy is getting too popular, he HAS to be a face" thing. Like I get it, you don't want the crowd cheering the bad guy, but sometimes a bad guy is just good at his job. I don't want poo poo like The Joker teaming up with Batman just cause too many people like The Joker.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Blaise330 posted:

Once Ziggler, Big Show, Kane, and maybe Sheamus are gone, Bray will be the new "ugh just go away. I don't care if you just had a good match/promo, GET OFF MY SCREEN" guy that a few people here and there will defend.

Kane is going to be there forever

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Spermgod posted:

you people complain about 50/50 booking and then when anyone is booked strong you complain about them "not needing wins" and "not helping to make anyone else" lol

To be fair, not counting the time they loss to Titus loving O'Neal it's been like a year and a half run. They've even lost feuds against The League of Nations and The Wyatts and still held onto the belts. Personally I can deal with it until Royal Rumble 17 or so, I just hope they don't feud with The Shining Stars after Sheasaro... The Swissceltic Warrio... whatever you call that team.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

what do you mean YOU PEOPLE!?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Just realized it'd be kinda neat if Cesaro took the titles from The New Day since he gave it to them in the 1st place. Last retribution for Tyson Kidd. Speaking of which, a Cesaro/Samoa Joe feud would be fire.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

super macho dude posted:

Mysteriously can't find an image of HHH doing a promo in the Booker T feud to post here

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
https://youtu.be/VUTGRLE5N68

RuRu :(

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Spermgod posted:

There's a middle ground between 50/50 and a reign lasting over 400 days, hoss.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

super macho dude posted:

That's just how you talk after you've been around THIS BUSINESS for so long

Also

4lyf

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I think Enzo and Cass should never win a tag team championship

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
US Champ Big Cass, here we go.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

In other words, its for children and we just watch it because we have mental problems
Stop wrestling fan-shaming me. :(

You are correct and I honestly want to stop watching, but I can't

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Wrestling is at its best when laughed at/with when you are with a group of friends. The same was true when we were younger fans. That's why PPVs and specials are the only things I mess with. Hard to get a crew to sit through a three hour Raw.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

new day

sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Bard Maddox posted:

I think Enzo and Cass should never win a tag team championship

Found Vince's account.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
god help us when wwe decides moolah's record needs to be broken

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
The WWE fan pyramid:

Smiling positive face is booed for being boring
Face turns heel and does develops and edge, becomes beloved and cheered by fans.
Heel turns face because they're being cheered by all the fans.
Face gets overexposed and is booed for being stale and boring.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Spikeguy posted:

Wrestling is at its best when laughed at/with when you are with a group of friends. The same was true when we were younger fans. That's why PPVs and specials are the only things I mess with. Hard to get a crew to sit through a three hour Raw.

Actually wrestling is best when I'm watching two dudes compete to see who can do the best head drop move.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

2.34 million viewers for Smackdown

Still doesn't beat Raw

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vertical Lime posted:

Still doesn't beat Raw

Smackdown was always bad.

drat that sucks, hope they keep doing wath they are doing and more people tune in.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

haha WWE trash ratings. *reads that it's for Smackdown* drat thats a shitload of people. Nice.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

WrasslorMonkey posted:

That's just how you talk after you've been around THIS BUSINESS for so long

Also

4lyf

haha the M looks like a W

Monday Night RAW lol

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Smackdown will never not be the B-Show.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Vertical Lime posted:

Still doesn't beat Raw

it beat hour 3 and nearly tied hour 2, babysteps

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

super macho dude posted:

What do YOU mean YOU PEOPLE?
I still find that movie funny

I liked New Day better as heels but they get people chanting along and are generally better than most of the other tag teams around so let them beat the record. Hell half of the only reason Raw crowds wake up at all is New Day and E&C waking them up. Yeah its WWE pettiness, but this is more than likely Kofi's final big moment. Before this he was going to be "he has nice moments in the rumble" but now he will be "the longest and most successful tag partner in WWE". Any of you guys know long till he retires? Still wish the Club had taken them off the shelf for a bit with a worked injury angle but as they used to get a nice reaction but what can you do? Let New Day break the record then lose the titles to some new heel tag team that can setup Enzo and Cass finally getting a run. I still hope that two or three of the cruisers form a team as that could make the tag division a ton of fun and establish them outside the cruiserweight belt and stigma. Make another London and Kendrick and let them go be heels. Would also bring some more substance to the cruiserweight division if our collective cynicism is off mark. Raw needs more tag teams anyway unless they make Cesaro and Shaemus both heels.

Still think most of the problem with Raw is a McMahon. Steph is alright in doses but she's so oppressive. This unrelenting and constant force that just never lets up and can never be overcome. Plus, seeing Foley grovel is just sad. We all loved Foley and he's obviously having issues with his brain. Its like seeing some rich wanker mock some special needs kid. Reminds me of a hearing I saw with Martin Shkreli where these American government types are pleading the guy to lower prices as peoples lives depended on access to his medication that he arbitrarily raised the price of several hundred percent. One senator (?) had this earnest look as said he believed that Shreli was a decent person and would do the humane thing.... cut to Shkreli just rolling his eyes and smirking. Its like an entire show around that guy but this time he runs things and thus will never ever go away until he gets bored for a bit. Vickie had a similar evil authority role as did Vince but, as many have said, they are poo poo many times. Steph won't. Just a bit depressing.

On to happier WWE things: Jericho and KO are golden every moment they are on screen, The Brian Kendrick is back, New Day and Enzo and Cass wake up the crowds, Smackdown is almost completely superb and Miz has reached his peak and will hopefully remove Dolph Ziggler, fan of Megadeath, from our screens forever. God save the Miz and his SuperDad!

edit: also you guys make WWE better. Not sarcasm. You guys always manage to spot nice things and make me grin. RHL, Chris James 2, Foochs, Oat, BGL, KFG, Brock Lesbian, Bard Maddox... you guys keep me smiling when it comes to WWE. Its always a pleasure to be RIGHT HERE! IN PSP! <double thumbs up behind a bearded smile>

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Sep 28, 2016

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
https://zippy.gfycat.com/MelodicGreedyCanvasback.webm

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

Dario the Wop posted:

You are correct and I honestly want to stop watching, but I can't

Isn't this how we all feel?

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Ziggler is the steel saint of the wrestling ring, he's got the looks that kill, he gives love a bad name, it's too bad he's too good! Imho

Best angle going right now

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Dolph will lose and then show up on Raw but have to beg and plead and degrade himself in front of Stephanie for like 3 months before he gets a job, just in progressively more humiliating and disturbing fashion, eventually he's literally crying on his hands and knees telling her how great she is and how he just wants a chance to work for her
We don't need to see Jericho storylines from 2002 again.

Blaise330 posted:

I never liked the "This guy is getting too popular, he HAS to be a face" thing. Like I get it, you don't want the crowd cheering the bad guy, but sometimes a bad guy is just good at his job. I don't want poo poo like The Joker teaming up with Batman just cause too many people like The Joker.
I get what you're saying but without reading comics I can confidently tell you that scenario has probably happened in Batman at least once.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Joker teamed up with Batman in Detective Comics #424 when the NWO invaded Gotham and took over.

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

I was both worried and excited when Dolph real-named Miz. Sometimes that poo poo can be lame (this is Phil Brooks talking to Paul Levesque!) but I bought it last night. And Miz going full vulture when he realized he could end Dolph's career was killer. I might be more interested in this story (and the overall renaissance of the Miz) than the world title, which is also awesome right now.

edit: also, no Kane. A++

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Von_Doom posted:

edit: also you guys make WWE better. Not sarcasm. You guys always manage to spot nice things and make me grin. RHL, Chris James 2, Foochs, Oat, BGL, KFG, Brock Lesbian, Bard Maddox... you guys keep me smiling when it comes to WWE. Its always a pleasure to be RIGHT HERE! IN PSP! <double thumbs up behind a bearded smile>

<3

sticklefifer posted:

I get what you're saying but without reading comics I can confidently tell you that scenario has probably happened in Batman at least once.

Yeah, they've teamed up before and Joker's even saved Batman at least once on a different occasion. Eventually everything's done or will be done, especially the stuff that doesn't make sense because otherwise you couldn't surprise the audience

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Kane is good, motherfucker

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

Ostentatious posted:

Kane is good, motherfucker

agree to disagree

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I'll agree that your a punk bitch!!!