Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

gromdul posted:

My new favorite team (and everyone else's):

Korvash ***
Valkyrie ***
Mab ***
Mercy ***

With the Lion banner (+2 blue, +1 white, -1 green

Holy crap. I set this up for my pvp run. I never lost and only fought the highest level opponent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Grundulum posted:

Switch out Celestasia and use Borealis instead?

I wasn't sure which one to pick since getting both to full traits is out of the question (without the weekly packs, at least) and ended up with Celestasia. I already have it at mythic (23 attack pre-Dragotaur, ~50 after), Blessed is always nice to have and the barrier should make it pretty much immortal. A triple-damage Borealis definitely sounds good, but with arcane stones being so hard to obtain, I went with the safe choice. Dragon Soul does 20 damage to each enemy and I can easily use its ability 3 to 4 times per match, so killing power isn't an issue.

milward
Nov 5, 2009

I picked this up yesterday so would like to get in queue for a goon guild.

I have only finished the first city and levelled it to 3, and I did 2* on all the challenges. I have unlocked Karakoth so that will be the next step.

Other than that I guess I should just finish the cities and see what cards I manage to pick up?

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

milward posted:

I picked this up yesterday so would like to get in queue for a goon guild.

I have only finished the first city and levelled it to 3, and I did 2* on all the challenges. I have unlocked Karakoth so that will be the next step.

Other than that I guess I should just finish the cities and see what cards I manage to pick up?

(1) Post your invite code and we'll keep you in the queue.

(2) Your priorities should be unlocking all the kingdoms and getting them to level 3-5 (depending on how much gold you want to spend). Save the challenges for later if you can: having better armor and being in a guild both improve the soul payout dramatically, as does cranking up the difficulty. If you can get 300 souls for the final star later, you may not want to do them for 100 now.

(3) Right now, yeah, focus on building your card collection. Don't worry just yet about traiting out troops if you don't need to. You'll just feel stressed about never having enough traitstones to do what you want, and that makes the game less fun. After you beat the quest in a kingdom you unlock Explore mode, which hugely improves the payout rate of higher-level traitstones and makes things much more bearable.

(4) Try out the Arena (Broken Spire) and Treasure Hunt (Zhul'Kari) minigames. They're both geared toward new players, and offer a better variety of rewards than you can normally get from grinding PVE or PVP.

milward
Nov 5, 2009

Grundulum posted:

(1) Post your invite code and we'll keep you in the queue.

(2) Your priorities should be unlocking all the kingdoms and getting them to level 3-5 (depending on how much gold you want to spend). Save the challenges for later if you can: having better armor and being in a guild both improve the soul payout dramatically, as does cranking up the difficulty. If you can get 300 souls for the final star later, you may not want to do them for 100 now.

(3) Right now, yeah, focus on building your card collection. Don't worry just yet about traiting out troops if you don't need to. You'll just feel stressed about never having enough traitstones to do what you want, and that makes the game less fun. After you beat the quest in a kingdom you unlock Explore mode, which hugely improves the payout rate of higher-level traitstones and makes things much more bearable.

(4) Try out the Arena (Broken Spire) and Treasure Hunt (Zhul'Kari) minigames. They're both geared toward new players, and offer a better variety of rewards than you can normally get from grinding PVE or PVP.

1) My code is "MILWARD 1"

2/3) Yeah that is what I guessed, good to know that I am on the right track.

4) I did the treasure hunt mini game once and the arena once (got to 8 wins, got lucky I guess), is it a different one I unlock after ZK?

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Have we thought of making a third goon guild? The wait list for the current two seems to be growing pretty well recently.

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva

Night Danger Moose posted:

Have we thought of making a third goon guild? The wait list for the current two seems to be growing pretty well recently.
The thing is, you need a pretty good size to actually make it worth it. If it's just 5 people new to the game chilling in there, they'd be much better off just being in a public guild. Of course we could try dividing up our two guild into three, but that sounds like a pretty complicated process moving all the people over. So as long as it's just 2-3 people, I'd actually wait it out.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
How are people getting the bonus stats in the arena? Is it still the class bonuses?

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

I didn't claim my seals last week because I thought they would roll over, but it seems they didn't? Or at least, I had way more than I have now. Or maybe I'm just confused and mis-remembering.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
If you're talking about all the green numbers listing how many times you've won a match or whatever, there is no reason not to claim them as soon as possible.

It's just another stupid decision of the game makers making you click to claim things rather than just adding stuff to a running total.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

starkebn posted:

If you're talking about all the green numbers listing how many times you've won a match or whatever, there is no reason not to claim them as soon as possible.

It's just another stupid decision of the game makers making you click to claim things rather than just adding stuff to a running total.

Yeah, the green numbers. Are they lost, then?

Gaukler
Oct 9, 2012

seravid posted:

Celestasia/Dragon Soul/Shadow Dragon/Dragotaur is easy mode.

I just pulled a Dragon Soul and have all but the Celestasia.

In her place, I could do:
Emperina (repeated colors, but buffing and cleansing is always nice)
Sylvanimora (good for filling gauges, but same colors as dragotaur)
Venebrak (Currently slotted in because he fills out the missing color, but 11 damage to all enemies and 30% chance to disease all doesn't sound that amazing since shadow dragon and dragon soul will already be bringing better damage)
Visk (fills out rainbow, does targeted damage and fucks with yellow mana users)
Dragonian Rogue (his skill seems very... weird)

It looks like Celestasia or Borealis are definitely what you want for a dragon soul team, but anything I can fill in with for now?

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

I'd settle with three dragons and go Dragon Soul/Shadow Dragon/Bone Dragon/Giant Spider. Not sure about the order... Soul should have priority, but both Bone and Shadow have useful traits for a front-line unit. Sheggra can replace Bone if you want.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Sloppy posted:

well if they're gone there's no reason to think they're coming back

milward
Nov 5, 2009

So the guild I am in finished a task and I got 140 keys. I pulled them all because, hey new cards, was that stupid?

Is there a reason to not ascend a common when you have 5 of them? I remember reading (in the OP?) that I should not melt cards before purple or some such.

Now I just need to figure out what I can do with all these new cards.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
There is only one reason you shouldn't sacrifice cards towards ascension: you have a team that relies on multiple copies of a single troop.

You may be confusing ascension (sacrificing troops towards making that card better) and disenchanting (sacrificing troops to get souls). Always be ascending. For disenchanting, base purple/orange/cyan troops are hard enough to get that I will never sacrifice them for souls.

Edit to add: no, you weren't stupid to use all those keys. If you already had almost every common/rare ascended legendary or mythic, and there was a new kingdom coming out soon, then maybe it's worth keeping those keys.

milward
Nov 5, 2009

Grundulum posted:

There is only one reason you shouldn't sacrifice cards towards ascension: you have a team that relies on multiple copies of a single troop.

You may be confusing ascension (sacrificing troops towards making that card better) and disenchanting (sacrificing troops to get souls). Always be ascending. For disenchanting, base purple/orange/cyan troops are hard enough to get that I will never sacrifice them for souls.

Edit to add: no, you weren't stupid to use all those keys. If you already had almost every common/rare ascended legendary or mythic, and there was a new kingdom coming out soon, then maybe it's worth keeping those keys.

I think I just typed it badly. I did mean that I should ascend them instead of melt them, I did not consider ascending as sacrificing.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

Depends posted:

How are people getting the bonus stats in the arena? Is it still the class bonuses?

Your hero gains an extra stat point every 100 levels or so until 2000.

Sloppy posted:

Any unclaimed seals should be delivered to you through in-game mail after the event ends.

Gaukler
Oct 9, 2012

seravid posted:

I'd settle with three dragons and go Dragon Soul/Shadow Dragon/Bone Dragon/Giant Spider. Not sure about the order... Soul should have priority, but both Bone and Shadow have useful traits for a front-line unit. Sheggra can replace Bone if you want.

No bone dragon or sheggra either :(

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I really hope they do a Whitehelm event soon, been waiting for an opportunity to get Celestasia forever. (And Moloch for that matter, but he's pretty outclassed these days)

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Doc V posted:

Your hero gains an extra stat point every 100 levels or so
oh only 100 levels no problem

Doc V posted:

until 2000.

what the gently caress

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Hey Gem Blossums members, how do you all feel about the current strategy for guild tasks? Given how much we donated last week, we would wind up skipping the final two levels of each other color in order to complete all twelve tasks in whatever single color we select. I am personally happier spreading everything equally and doing 8 tasks in each color, but I don't need stat boosts that much.

Edit:

duckfarts posted:

oh only 100 levels no problem

what the gently caress

I fondly remember playing the first Disgaea and going :chanpop: at the level cap. Ah, youth.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.

Doc V posted:

Your hero gains an extra stat point every 100 levels or so until 2000.

I think I'm 200 but I have the same stats as most people I play against in the arena. It's only every once in a while I see someone with more which is why it stood out so much when I saw a level 1000 guy with 2 more attack and an additional HP.
I didn't know any of those bonuses carried over into the arena.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

Depends posted:

I think I'm 200 but I have the same stats as most people I play against in the arena. It's only every once in a while I see someone with more which is why it stood out so much when I saw a level 1000 guy with 2 more attack and an additional HP.
I didn't know any of those bonuses carried over into the arena.

Yeah, they're just normal level up bonuses so they apply in the arena, which is kind of dumb since high level heroes with good event weapons are way better than any of the troops you can draft. I really wish they'd just swap heroes for epics in the arena.

Grundulum posted:

Hey Gem Blossums members, how do you all feel about the current strategy for guild tasks? Given how much we donated last week, we would wind up skipping the final two levels of each other color in order to complete all twelve tasks in whatever single color we select. I am personally happier spreading everything equally and doing 8 tasks in each color, but I don't need stat boosts that much.

I don't really need the stat boosts either (my PVP team already more or less steamrolls everything), but if we do end up focusing on one color, I'm nominating red. While +2 magic is pretty much the best stat bonus, +3 attack is clearly the second best, gem keys are much more useful to me than souls and leveling up the red statue increases tribute chance, which is extremely useful regardless of how far you are into the game.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I'd like to see a second Arena: Legendary Arena. Available troops would be Ultrarare, Epic, and Legendary.

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva
We should definitely buy less souls in my opinion.. Once it goes past 100k or maybe 200k it stops being worthwhile in my opinion. I would be open to give red a try, let's do it,even though I doubt I will use the hero in the first slot a lot.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I think the bonus applies to all troops, not just the hero. That said, I vote for buying all statues evenly. By the time we get to that bonus it would most likely be sunday anyways, so there's not much point to that. I think the majority of us don't have all kingdoms at 5*, so the extra souls definitely help in my opinion. It also levels up the statues and masteries evenly.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Took me 40+ goddamn explores to find the last stone for Celestasia, christ.

Gaukler posted:

No bone dragon or sheggra either :(

I guess Sylvanimora, then, but above Giant Spider or you'll never use its ability.

Oenis posted:

I think the bonus applies to all troops, not just the hero. That said, I vote for buying all statues evenly. By the time we get to that bonus it would most likely be sunday anyways, so there's not much point to that. I think the majority of us don't have all kingdoms at 5*, so the extra souls definitely help in my opinion. It also levels up the statues and masteries evenly.

I think the bonus lasts a week?
I still need a ton of souls to upgrade kingdoms, so purple should definitely be a contender if we're to focus on one color. Best I've got so far is two kingdoms at three stars. I'm fine with buying evenly.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I explored all 10 of my Bat arcanes for 2* and it sucked.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

7 here, but 6 of them were pretty reasonable; about 1 every 10 matches. That last one, though... Not doing this crap again any time soon, that's for sure.

seravid fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Sep 28, 2016

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

seravid posted:

7 here, but 6 of them were pretty reasonable; about 1 every 10 matches. That last one, though... Not doing this crap again any time soon, that's for sure.

7 would be painful enough, man. 40 matches, geez.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I once farmed 3 for traiting Gorgotha, that was painful enough. Did you at least have a team that allowed for quick matches? What's the best team for that nowadays anyways?

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

I meant 7 stones, earning 1 every 10 matches or so... except the last one. Took me a little over a week.

At least now the Dragon Soul team is complete and unbeatable.

Re.: explore teams, I went with the standard Druid/Val combo. Very efficient and very boring. I should've tried my Khorvash/C. Bat team; it should be very fast, considering how little HP the enemies have.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

seravid posted:

Re.: explore teams, I went with the standard Druid/Val combo. Very efficient and very boring. I should've tried my Khorvash/C. Bat team; it should be very fast, considering how little HP the enemies have.

Yeah I'm using this team as well. Yeah it is boring but drat is it quick sometimes.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Pretty much the only team I use is

3* soothsayer
3* valk
2* bat
2* bat

With the 2 blue 1 yellow -green banner. All I have to do is open up with soothsayer to max the red/yellow I can get, match maybe one more, then if I have decent blues on the board I can deal 24 true damage over two turns. More if I've casted soothsayer again.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
I've been using my Gorg***/Khorvash***/Valk***/Mab** team for exploring and some light PVP. Might not be the fastest, but it gets the job done. 3rd Trait for gorgotha makes him a loving wall against skull matches, its great.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
When exploring for arcanes, the only thing I care about is fast. I feel like the Valk/Druid team doesn't really cut the mustard anymore, the team with 2 C-bats is a little better, but I've spent the past few minutes trying to make a Dragon Soul farm team work, and it feels pretty fast.

Abyssal Banner

Giant Spider*
Dragon Soul
Shadow Dragon*
Venoxia

The traits indicated are bonus mana on purple matches, so with a single surge you can get Dragon Soul up in 2 casts (you could also switch out venoxia with venbarak if you have his second trait to get it up in 2 casts period, but that feels a little overkill). Dragon Soul almost always fills himself or Giant Spider right up, or one match away. After 2 casts it's usually over, if not Shadow Dragon is good for clean up or refill. Venoxia can be literally any other Dragon. If anything it's a change of pace from Batting things.

(Trying this out in the Leonis empire to get a head start on Arcane Blade stones for when I eventually get a Celestasia)

Oenis fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Sep 28, 2016

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

That sounds nifty, I'll have to try it!

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

I've been playing for well over a year and I still don't have a Shadow Dragon. :wtf:

Only non-mythic I don't have. Still.

Surely we are due for another Sword's Edge event soon.

Bandire fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Sep 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Behemoth is my unicorn. Surely must be thousands of keys in the year+ I have been playing. No Behemoth.

I've been doing Warlord IV explores for seals and souls, with my PVP Mab team. Most of the time it's perfectly fast enough. A couple of outlier matches though. Draakulis with 66 attack (!) took out Khorvash with a lucky cascade. And an Impervious Carnex with 81 armor (!!), in which Khorvash also bit it, so that took a while to chew through.

I should pay more attention. Mab is useless against Impervious.