Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Evil Mastermind posted:

Please tell me his costume logo is just a piece of printer paper taped to his shirt.

I love that it's a jar with a floating brain and eyeballs, and it still feels the need to put on a domino mask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
The dimestore domino mask over the brain and eyeballs in a jar might be the best thing I've ever seen in this thread.

e;fb

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Are you Ira Onmann?

Who wants to know?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Rocket Raccoon and Groot #10

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

redbackground posted:

The joke with the art is the best part of this.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Please tell me his costume logo is just a piece of printer paper taped to his shirt.

I can't see any tape in any of the panels but I'm choosing to imagine that it's just really high quality transparent tape.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

redbackground posted:

That Gwenpool bundle couldn't come soon enough.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

The joke with the art is the best part of this.

Michael Walsh is a really great artist.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Choco1980 posted:

The dimestore domino mask over the brain and eyeballs in a jar might be the best thing I've ever seen in this thread.

e;fb

Not beaten as hard I am on that subject.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Entirely unrelated. I wish some ice themed superhero just used their powers to make a giant floating actual snowflake on their chest.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Evil Mastermind posted:

Please tell me if you erase "Stop" he immediately starts doing crimes

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

mind the walrus posted:

This is exactly why Batman went out of his way to try and help him on this. He knows he needs to be on Eel's good side at any given time.

It's made explicit that Eel is Batman's trump card against J'onn loving J'onzz (you know, the guy who's basically Superman + telepathy, shapeshifting, Batman's detective skills, and the ability to form ice cream using powers from the void of space), because he's completely immune to telepathy and a better shapeshifter. Fernus is, in a lot of ways, a terribly stupid arc, but its two redeeming qualities are (i) Bad J'onn wrecking the poo poo of the entire JLA at once and making a credible run at wiping out human civilization and (ii) Plas stopping him.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

he's ganna bust his finger if he tries to turn it though.

I know nerds, I know

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Test Pattern posted:

It's made explicit that Eel is Batman's trump card against J'onn loving J'onzz (you know, the guy who's basically Superman + telepathy, shapeshifting, Batman's detective skills, and the ability to form ice cream using powers from the void of space), because he's completely immune to telepathy and a better shapeshifter. Fernus is, in a lot of ways, a terribly stupid arc, but its two redeeming qualities are (i) Bad J'onn wrecking the poo poo of the entire JLA at once and making a credible run at wiping out human civilization and (ii) Plas stopping him.
I know this isn't how it literally goes but I like to imagine Batman throwing Plas down into an area bad J'Onn is wrecking like a Pokemon.

"Eels O'Brian I AM THE NIGHT choose you!"

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Evil Mastermind posted:

Yep! The alt text at the bottom explains that it is helpful advise to make the criminals lives better.

Also someone should post that full panel and compare it to that old superman cover where he smashes the car.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Sep 28, 2016

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Zanzibar Ham posted:

You're right, didn't notice it was a rooster.

Bunch of damned racists ITT

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

That had to inspire somebody's deviantart.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That was sometime between 1998-2000 so more like someone Geocities page.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
One more from Squirrel Girl 12. Squirrel Girl is stuck in a cabin without electricity or internet and is looking for entertainment.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

redbackground posted:

The follow-up

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
"Security, this is Frank at check-in, there's a lady wearing a ripped sports bra and a sock on her head yelling for tickets!"

"Sorority hazing or superhero?"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Gwenpool is a character that if you just described her too me my immediate response would be "That sounds like the most annoying and worst thing ever," but somehow she loving works.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Cultural osmosis and internet context clues isn't enough for me to understand Gwenpool so please explain Gwenpool to me.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Essentially gently caress Bendis

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Calaveron posted:

Cultural osmosis and internet context clues isn't enough for me to understand Gwenpool so please explain Gwenpool to me.

If I understand correctly, she's transplanted from the "real" world and her superpower is being a BSS poster.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Chaos Hippy posted:

If I understand correctly, she's transplanted from the "real" world and her superpower is being a BSS poster.

Nah she still has too much hope and optimism.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I liked Gwenpool better when she was ripping arms off C-List Teen Titans.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Is she related to Gwen Stacy or is the Gwen Stacy of an alternate timeline or something

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Her real name is Gwen Poole. She's probably not a Gwen Stacey.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Calaveron posted:

Is she related to Gwen Stacy or is the Gwen Stacy of an alternate timeline or something

Her name is Gwen Poole. So not really and kinda.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I just saw a blonde girl named Gwen and my mind immediately goes there so thanks for clarifying
Is she related to that Spider-Gwen that was running around a couple of years back

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Calaveron posted:

I just saw a blonde girl named Gwen and my mind immediately goes there so thanks for clarifying
Is she related to that Spider-Gwen that was running around a couple of years back

No, that one actually is Gwen Stacy from a parallel universe.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gwenpool first showed up as (IIRC) part of a joke series of alternate "Gwen" versions of characters (inspired by Spider-Gwen, natch) at which point she WAS a Gwen Stacy Deadpool but by the time she got around to actually getting published all that was left was the name Gwenpool and they divorced the actual Gwen Stacy elements from it.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Chaos Hippy posted:

Has she written a 10k word essay about which comic book characters should be loving and why?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

If Marvel registers "Crisis of Infinite Gwens" can they get sued?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Trast posted:

Has she written a 10k word essay about which comic book characters should be loving and why?

Almost certainly.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

surgeon x.

What if Gwenpool met Kamala Khan? :o

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dave Barry books posted:

What if Gwenpool met Kamala Khan? :o

I assume Kamala would think she is a horrifying monster and would be bewildered at the idea she'd treat 'fictional' characters the way she does.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I think they met in the Christmas special but Gwenpool was just chatting about having killed an evil snake monster so Kamala probably just registered her as 'weird person who's pretty friendly.'

I also don't think they'd flesh out the idea for the series because Gwenpool as we know her today would have fangirled over Kamala so hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Trast posted:

No, that's Kamala's deal.

mind the walrus posted:

If Marvel registers "Crisis of Infinite Gwens" can they get sued?

No more than DC could get sued if they came out with "Infinite Secret" or "Final Wars" or "Identity Secret" major events. I'm not sure, because IANAL, but I think DC could publish a book called "Secret Wars" and still be OK. It would be a dick move, but I don't think the term is copyrighted. Though if Marvel could prove that DC did it specifically to confuse people and steal sales, maybe.