Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
What also sucks is being sick, barely able to do anything but sleep and being bored senseless.

Also the little fucker in the waiting room kept coughing on the back of his arm and all over the main table. And he spent the 30 minutes I was waiting whispering very loudly to his mom. Either have him whisper softly or just talk normally, the loud hisses in between his coughs were awesomely loving annoying. Especially when his phone had on a Let's Play about GTA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I can't eat yogurt anymore :(

Sorry, friend.
I eat yogurt and granola for almost every breakfast and I'm afraid of developing an allergy.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I've just moved house and there's been a bunch of hassles that really shouldn't have happened: the owner apparently failed to pay his last gas bill and got cut off, which meant that when I tried to get the gas connected the company had some issue that's made it take much longer than it should have and they're charging an additional connection fee; the phone line was broken and had to be repaired, which we only discovered when we tried to connect the internet, so that was delayed as well (and again, there's an additional fee); they've just had the walls repainted, but they did an absolutely terrible job of it and they didn't clean up afterwards, so we had to come in and clean the house before we could move our stuff in; and now I think my washing machine's broken, so that's going to cost me as well.

Coolie Ghost
Jan 16, 2013

sensible dissent dispenser
Chinese food place around the block started charging me standard prices again because my ex roommate isn't coming back from China

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I just spent the last two hours talking to a new fling on the phone and now it's like 11pm and I have to get up early tomorrow. But I wanted to play video games tonight!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

My cat is hungry so he climbed into my lap, but now I can't get up to feed him. Idiot.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I'm on medical leave and bored out of my mind

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

FedEx delivered a package on my doorstep but it's for someone three blocks away!
I was going to walk it over but I don't have time.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Sweet As Sin posted:

I'm on medical leave and bored out of my mind

Day three of pinkeye and I have used up almost all the meds because it is loving hard to dose your own eyes. I have 4 days left to go and hope I don't loving waste much more.

My mom's birthday is today, she is out with a friend, but forgot her cell phone. We have a good dinner planned tonight....and one of her cats just died, literally, in my arms an hour ago. It's not one of her favorites at least but I have to tell her when she gets back. Bye, Rosie.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Cowslips Warren posted:

Day three of pinkeye and I have used up almost all the meds because it is loving hard to dose your own eyes. I have 4 days left to go and hope I don't loving waste much more.

My mom's birthday is today, she is out with a friend, but forgot her cell phone. We have a good dinner planned tonight....and one of her cats just died, literally, in my arms an hour ago. It's not one of her favorites at least but I have to tell her when she gets back. Bye, Rosie.

My cat's name is Rosie too. She's ok though, I saw her a minute ago. Condolences on your Rosie :(

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Well, I was fine without tears till I had to tell mom. Here is hoping I don't cry out too much pinkeye meds, I already spilled a bunch trying to dose my own eyes.

FWP: not being the only person out sick at work. We are down three people and another is on vacation and another got fired/quit last week. Boss is stupid stressed, his assistant (not an AM) is in the hospital, and in two weeks I lost Rosie the ocicat and Nod the sand boa.

At least I got another eyedrop prescription. The tech didn't seem to think I was lying when I said I had spilled a bit of it because loving hell can't we make a pill for this poo poo already? Whose bright idea is it to give eyedrops to a half blind person?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
My sister is driving my mom loving loco, and my mom is now venting to me about her problems with my sister and brother.

We don't really all get along as a family, but apparently I'm the only one of the kids who doesn't have a shitton of daily drama I call mom about, so basically it all falls down to me having to listen to my mom vent about poo poo I could not literally care less about.

I love my mom, but god drat do I wish she'd just tell my siblings to grow the gently caress up and quit bugging her with their "professional victim" bullshit.

Also, I have to buy toilet paper and paper towels but I am unsure if I can fit both of those in my truck at the same time while still having room for me to drive with the rest of my groceries and poo poo I gotta get.

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

My cat is hungry so he climbed into my lap, but now I can't get up to feed him. Idiot.

a soft precious idiot :kimchi:

my fwp is that I get bored in the afternoon here, but none of my friends at home or in the States are awake/free to chat

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I needed a new program on my work laptop to do a job.

The program needed rebooting.

Rebooting means installing Windows updates.

So here I am, phoneposting, while my laptop takes its sweet time "configuring update, 25% done...", and the urgent job I needed to do is not done.

WINDOWS TEN :argh:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I want to drink a ton of milk, but keeping my calorie intake down forces me to not drink as much as I'm craving, of late.

(it doesn't help that my body has a very thin gastrointestinal line between Drink All The Milk and Oh poo poo You Drank Too Much Milk...)

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy
I have a new deskmate for the next 5 weeks, and he is ridiculously attractive to the point where his hotness is distracting me from my work. Today he came in looking extra fine, like a sexy professor with glasses and a sweater with elbow patches. Hot drat!

Also now I feel guilty for objectifying him.

Also I am married so am feeling guilty for finding some dude hot.

Welp, those are my first world problems for today, thanks for listening.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer

genetic_knockout posted:

I have a new deskmate for the next 5 weeks, and he is ridiculously attractive to the point where his hotness is distracting me from my work. Today he came in looking extra fine, like a sexy professor with glasses and a sweater with elbow patches. Hot drat!

Also now I feel guilty for objectifying him.

Welp, those are my first world problems for today, thanks for listening.

That's me every day with a coworker who looks like Keanu Reeves. I don't even like Keanu, but this dude is distractingly hot.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Why are there, in 2016 Italy, newly-built buildings that have only squat toilets in the bathrooms? Is it too much to ask to be able to pee and/or poop while sitting down and not squatting over a hole in the ground? :argh:

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Mikl posted:

Why are there, in 2016 Italy, newly-built buildings that have only squat toilets in the bathrooms? Is it too much to ask to be able to pee and/or poop while sitting down and not squatting over a hole in the ground? :argh:

Today I learned that Italy is actually a third world country.

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy

Sweet As Sin posted:

That's me every day with a coworker who looks like Keanu Reeves. I don't even like Keanu, but this dude is distractingly hot.

High five, coworker-too-hot-to-get-anything-accomplished buddy!

Mikl posted:

drat, this frightens me as I am going to Italy in February, and the thought of pooping in a hole makes me want to cry. I have the unfortunate combination of having ibs and being a shy pooper. Should make for some interesting stories, at least.

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

Mikl posted:

squat toilets are the actual loving worst and I'll be glad to never see another one in my life. I still have another three weeks in Italy though so I probably will :smith:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My mouse (logitech m705)'s left mouse button is failing, and failing hard. Last few days it seemed like it'd occasionally fail to click, but now it's failing to click a lot. :(

e: I might've hosed up my mouse worse by blowing compressed air into it, because now it's down to being able to left click, but can't drag.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 06:13 on Oct 1, 2016

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I would love to get some high end mouse that's built like a brick and has a lifetime warranty. Let me just buy an amazing mouse that never breaks for like $150 or something so I don't ever have to deal with it again. I mean they already have keyboards like that.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

MisterBibs posted:

My mouse (logitech m705)'s left mouse button is failing, and failing hard. Last few days it seemed like it'd occasionally fail to click, but now it's failing to click a lot. :(

e: I might've hosed up my mouse worse by blowing compressed air into it, because now it's down to being able to left click, but can't drag.

Take it apart and clean all the bits. You could've blown some dirt into a switch or something.

My mouse is 12 years old and going strong because I take it apart and clean it every time something starts feeling off (mice are disgusting). I actually just bought new pads for it, since I've been slowly wearing off a thin layer of the plastic from the bottom.

Fashionable Jorts has a new favorite as of 08:17 on Oct 1, 2016

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
I stayed up too late last night at my friend's house warming party and now I'm hungover and have to drive my daughter to take the SATs before working 1.5 hours of overtime in another city :smith:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

genetic_knockout posted:

Just 'cause you're on a diet doesn't mean you can't look at the menu.

I need to quit drinking for a bit because I started overdoing it again. But good beer is sooooo goooooooood.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

genetic_knockout posted:

I have a mad crush on John McCrea from the band Cake and every time I'm reminded of the crush I feel guilty immediately after :downs:

Fanky Malloons
Aug 21, 2010

Is your social worker inside that horse?
I made mac and cheese, and in the interests of being a good adult I didn't put a ridiculously unhealthy amount of cheese in it, and now it just tastes like disappointment :mad:

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

Fanky Malloons posted:

I made mac and cheese, and in the interests of being a good adult I didn't put a ridiculously unhealthy amount of cheese in it, and now it just tastes like disappointment :mad:

take this as a life lesson

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
There's this one reliable computer I've always used at the public library that has never had issues with adware and other BS that gets them marked Out of service by the IT staff.

Today I saw this one idiot who I always see downloading manga and anime videos on it, had to use one of the other computers that had adware and browser redirects and poo poo all over it.
Now that he's gone it's constantly giving me Server Not Found messages and the USB ports are hosed up too.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
A friend and I were talking and now I've been reminded about how I'll probably never get married or have children and now I'm sad. :smith:
E: A lot of my friends are being assholes this week, actually. Maybe it's me.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Malachite_Dragon posted:

A friend and I were talking and now I've been reminded about how I'll probably never get married or have children and now I'm sad. :smith:
E: A lot of my friends are being assholes this week, actually. Maybe it's me.

I'm sorry :smith: :glomp:

I wanna post a more elaborate response but this is not EN so here is some content:

My chair that I obtained new, in box, from an abandoned warehouse trash is falling apart (whose msrp is $5,000 :rolleyes: ) and it's okay but it's not comfy but then again it was never comfy. Why the gently caress does this piece of poo poo cost $5,000?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm officiating a wedding in a week. I don't know the groom all that well so my speech is... fine but not great. I refuse to just copy something from the internet.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Inzombiac posted:

I'm officiating a wedding in a week. I don't know the groom all that well so my speech is... fine but not great. I refuse to just copy something from the internet.

At least you weren't MC for a reception where you got the itinerary only half an hour before the bride and groom arrived.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Amazon Sponsored ads on the iOS app. They used to have a banner that made them obvious but now they just blend in with the normal items, but they have nicely-angled pics so subconsciously I gravitate to them. They also have one mystery 5-star review. On the plus side I'm smart enough to read the text but it pisses me off that I can't just browse without being like, "OMG I NEED THIS ITEM" until I realize it's an ad.

I hate ads.

I've started randomly browsing stores, I'm not buying anything. I don't want to either but I'm just doing it. Bleh.

E: gently caress I just saw one and the seller is called "we pay your sales tax". Really, I should delete the app but I actually get useful stuff on Amazon that's cheaper and also less travel time for me so window (app) shopping is inevitable.

E2: oh and there's ONLY ONE LEFT IN STOCK-ORDER NOW!!!

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 17:31 on Oct 4, 2016

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

I wasn't paying attention and just drizzled some BBQ sauce on my salad.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I wasn't paying attention and just drizzled some BBQ sauce on my salad.

How is this a problem?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Big hot steaming bowl of popcorn and my mom has to stop me to explain poo poo from the cat rescue, why her cat Rosie died. It was her heart. Thanks, Mom. Because Rosie also got a piece of popcorn whenever we had it (and she would steal mouthfuls and run off and lick them clean of all butter and salt) and now I can't eat any.

Google Drive can't open some of my saved word docs for no reason, just says it can't open them.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Despite being a mid-2015 model, my phone won't be officially updated to Android 7 Nougat. Because gently caress you, that's why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Mikl posted:

Despite being a mid-2015 model, my phone won't be officially updated to Android 7 Nougat. Because gently caress you, that's why.

My 2014 phone will never get Android 6. Same reason.
I felt grateful to get 5.1 a year after it came out.