Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Lightning Knight posted:

That is a nasty, nasty gun.

I'm very disappointed by New Monarchy's guns this time around. I got a couple of so so copies of their sniper rifle but none of their other guns jump out at me as possibly being good even with a better roll.

Go FWC for guns. The scout can roll really gross PvE stacks like FA, Outlaw, HH. Just shreds adds. Waltz can get some great rolls. Wail is interesting, can roll really good PvE centric rolls but can't have Rifled which is a huge bummer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Got the exotic raid pulse rifle. It is ridiculously fun to use in PvP. Killing someone with a precision shot and then watching as nanites burst from his head and swarm the very confused teammate standing next to him is pretty much the best feeling.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Go FWC for guns. The scout can roll really gross PvE stacks like FA, Outlaw, HH. Just shreds adds. Waltz can get some great rolls. Wail is interesting, can roll really good PvE centric rolls but can't have Rifled which is a huge bummer.

I swapped to FWC for a week to grab the scout and I have them on my other two characters. I'm just married to my NM exotic class item, mostly. I don't have the motivation to grind out the FWC butt cape and I detest their color schemes/style.

Yes, I am a vapid, shallow whore. :v:

Lightning Knight fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Sep 29, 2016

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Im currently at LL 362 which i got to by basically throwing motes at my faction till he gave me a 363 Ghost.

I have zero engrams stored up so whats the best way to get to 370? Ive been running three or four 350 strikes a day to grind out gear, is that a feasible way to get to that level?

Ive had a few decent items from the raid but at 362 i was getting mashed at the siege engine part.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
How many people does this thorn bounty want me to kill? I just wrecked some poo poo getting nothing but void kills and it's still only at 12%.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Nuebot posted:

How many people does this thorn bounty want me to kill? I just wrecked some poo poo getting nothing but void kills and it's still only at 12%.

125 i think isnt it?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

hitchensgoespop posted:

125 i think isnt it?

That's real poo poo without elemental primaries. Real poo poo.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Nuebot posted:

That's real poo poo without elemental primaries. Real poo poo.

Obtain a void shotgun.

Shoot mans

???

Thorn!

They don't even dock you progress this time, it should be easy mode.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Lightning Knight posted:

Obtain a void shotgun.

Shoot mans

???

Thorn!

They don't even dock you progress this time, it should be easy mode.

I've been using a fusion rifle, still wrecking with it though. I don't think I have any void shotguns for some reason. It's not hard, certainly better than the chaperone quest.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Got that within a day of picking up the Thorn bounty :haw:

Granted I would have just tormented pubbies with a perfect stability Thesan otherwise, but whatever. Without the loss of progress it's now basically just 'use your special, play crucible for a few hours'.

I wonder how good Thorn is in pve now.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
It's poo poo Jerry

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Thanks for this, switched over to FWC and my first rank up had a Scout with Extended Mag/Full Auto, PB/Outlaw, and HH. I miss TT but the other perks weren't nearly as good.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Always FWC, who wouldn't want to work for the cigarette smoking lady from Beettlejuice.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Nuebot posted:

thorn bounty
Getting this is RNG, right? Because I've done everything Shiro has given me.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

cvnvcnv posted:

Yup, I started doing bounties on other characters to help get it. Incidentally most things in the iron lord book are hilariously easy with more than one character. You can get the same five SIVA clusters three times and do the khostov and gallerhorn quests over and over and it all counts.

On the other hand, I just found out that the raid ghost shells look really cool and that there's a second one that goes up to 400 light that also looks cool.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
lmao this gun rules

http://i.imgur.com/jXVYin8.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/FOCFirL.gifv

Pozload Escobar fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Sep 29, 2016

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
The ultimate "Notice me senpai" gun.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Tei posted:

The ultimate "Notice me senpai" gun.

Ehhhh, it's more of a "Notice the senpai" gun

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

My friend got a red dot OAS/ perfect balance counterbalance/ full auto hopscotch pilgrim last night from a post match reward

I got a strange coin

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Don't spend it all in one place!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I got an Ill Will and seem to be having a strange amount of success with it despite almost never using hand cannons. Truesight/CC/Snapshot. It also has reactive reload but since I don't have HC reload gloves the animation is too slow for it to ever proc :bravo:

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

Emron posted:

My friend got a red dot OAS/ perfect balance counterbalance/ full auto hopscotch pilgrim last night from a post match reward

I got a strange coin

Counterbalance is a bit of a waste of a perk on that gun so don't feel too bad.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I got a Rangefinder / Fitted Stock or Smallbore or Rifled Barrel / Hidden Hand Shadow Price from Vanguard. I'm not a big pvp fan but it feels good to use.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Emron posted:

I got a strange coin

If it makes you feel better Hopscotch doesn't need counterbalance at all, so your friend's roll isn't perfect.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Aww yiss just got surprised by getting a new warlock exotic gauntlets. Ophidian Aspect. Improved energy drain, and weapons ready and reload very quickly.

Ularg fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Sep 29, 2016

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I got those out of my second exotic engram when the expansion dropped. I'm more a fan of the boots Xur sold last week though, never having to reload is nice.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
Does an unused 3oC buff that is active go away when you (1) go to orbit or (2) log out?

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

cvnvcnv posted:

Wait did they really bring back exotic quests from random bounty turn ins? Really?

Really?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Akuma posted:

Wait did they really bring back exotic quests from random bounty turn ins? Really?

Really?

Just for thorn yes

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I'm sure most of you know this but you can get up to 385 guns and bonds from Variks rank ups (not 30k/90k, the actual rank up).

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

What's the cap on blues in heroic strikes? Because as of last night everything stopped at 364.. only artifacts and ghosts have been 365 or higher. Is 364 the max or did RNG just gently caress me over?

Archon forge is a lot of fun when you can chain them together. Stumbled on a group of four last night and we lasted about 30 minutes before everyone ran out of offerings, I got two just from running the fights so that was some nice luck. No loot to speak of, but at least it was a bunch of shooting guns and high fiving bros.

Bungie should really have made it so you can go there directly from director so you can get dumped directly into a group as if you were going to the tower, it would be fun to drop in and spray hot ammo all over the place. In addition to not limiting you to carrying a single offering.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Does an unused 3oC buff that is active go away when you (1) go to orbit or (2) log out?

No and no. You should always immediately pop another one after you use up a buff since there is never a reason not to, in my opinion.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

xzzy posted:

What's the cap on blues in heroic strikes? Because as of last night everything stopped at 364.. only artifacts and ghosts have been 365 or higher. Is 364 the max or did RNG just gently caress me over?

Should be 365, you got hosed. Do you have any gear equipped that's well below 364?

quote:

Archon forge is a lot of fun when you can chain them together. Stumbled on a group of four last night and we lasted about 30 minutes before everyone ran out of offerings, I got two just from running the fights so that was some nice luck. No loot to speak of, but at least it was a bunch of shooting guns and high fiving bros.

It's fun until no one gets an offering drop that round and then it peters out and gets all awkward.

I had good luck last night going back outside and killing a few enemies for new drops, but it also means you lose the 2 cool pubbies who were helping you.

quote:

Bungie should really have made it so you can go there directly from director so you can get dumped directly into a group as if you were going to the tower, it would be fun to drop in and spray hot ammo all over the place. In addition to not limiting you to carrying a single offering.

I hope the long, twisty approach to it was intended to maximize matchmaking time. They probably should have stopped people barreling through on sparrows too somehow.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
There's apparently a bug with drops that if you're 364 your drops won't go above 364-365. So drop down to 363 when you decrypt.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

xzzy posted:

365 is max for strike drops

The strike chest that requires a key can be above 365 and is like any rank up package.

Nobody knows how to earn strike keys though, so good luck.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Ehhhh, it's more of a "Notice the senpai" gun

If you were somehow spergier and ran a twitch channel this might be true

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

haveblue posted:

Should be 365, you got hosed. Do you have any gear equipped that's well below 364?

Ghost and artifact are 362/363, but my overall light level is 364 and everything dropped at 364.

These light level breakpoints are loving painful.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Nobody knows how to earn strike keys though, so good luck.

I have 5 banked up. They're by no means rare, pretty much dropping for me whenever I have the thought to use one. :shrug:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

cvnvcnv posted:

I have 5 banked up. They're by no means rare, pretty much dropping for me whenever I have the thought to use one. :shrug:

Neat.

That's definitely not the norm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I've seen a total of 3 keys, the free one, and two randoms. I'm not going to go spergmode and tally up how many strikes I've run but it's it's in the 4-6 per day range.

• Locked thread