Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

It took a second but holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

head58
Apr 1, 2013

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

rydiafan posted:

Why the gently caress hasn't the air date of season three been announced yet? I swear to God I'm about to start stabbing random people.

Note: This post is also true about Review.

They said it's been pushed back to early 2018, a specific date isn't too useful at this point.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

america is already schwifty (making GBS threads on the floor)

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Please tell me the last time America was schwifty, Mr. Trump. Was it the 60 years ago when minorities had to go to separate schools and drink out of separate water fountains? Is the the schwiftiness you want to take us back to?

The Human Crouton fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Sep 28, 2016

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Does that make Trump Mr. Bulldops?

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

Well Goons, it sure has been a while. but I have returned to work on Season 3 of Rick and Morty. (I had left during the season break to work at Disney) Feel free to ask me any questions you have except those about air dates, plots, episodes, characters, and other potentially spoiler/Non disclosure Agreement violating information. If you have questions about office dogs, crew snacks and or other gimmick topics feel free to post away.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Typical posted:

Well Goons, it sure has been a while. but I have returned to work on Season 3 of Rick and Morty. (I had left during the season break to work at Disney) Feel free to ask me any questions you have except those about air dates, plots, episodes, characters, and other potentially spoiler/Non disclosure Agreement violating information. If you have questions about office dogs, crew snacks and or other gimmick topics feel free to post away.

what colour pencils do you use most?

Graveyardstick
Nov 18, 2007

Are you too depressed to finish biting through that piece of toast?
What's the crew snack situation like? Catered? Potluck style? Frenzied fighting over the last cinnamon poptarts?

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Typical posted:

How are things with your wife?

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

starkebn posted:

what colour pencils do you use most?

Red and Blue animation pencils are a thing of the past, all art nowadays is done exclusively with my grubby fat fingers on either an i-pad, i-tablet or one of those new fangled Vive controllers. But mostly I just yell directly into my imac's facetime and it does the work for me.

hxcorpse posted:

What's the crew snack situation like? Catered? Potluck style? Frenzied fighting over the last cinnamon poptarts?

There are an assortment of yellow phallic shaped fruits available for human consumption. as well as cheetos and doritos for the more nerdy types. some people drink the flavored water. but such an act is considered pretentious among animators. The thick black stuff in round containers is the most sought after beverage. in addition to to its uncanny ability to wash your bowels out it also gives you the much needed strength to animate at 60 frames per second. (we have to accommodate for 4k TV's)

The Human Crouton posted:

How are things with your wife?

I'm a power bottom in this unconstitutional marriage to the production. But I have some side action with a nice artist at Sony Animation.

JD
Jan 11, 2003
Do you work out of the building in Burbank?

I have friends that live off Olive and I drunkenly stumbled by the CN building and yelled Rick and Morty and Adventure Time quotes at the door one time.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Do you have industry problems like the stories from CG studios coming out recently?

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

JD posted:

Do you work out of the building in Burbank?

I have friends that live off Olive and I drunkenly stumbled by the CN building and yelled Rick and Morty and Adventure Time quotes at the door one time.

Yes, All the animation for the whole world is done in burbank. with the money they got from snow white, Animators built this town back in the 40's out of rubber and left over WW2 plane parts. also please don't yell at our buildings or tap on the glass. artists are sensitive creatures.

starkebn posted:

Do you have industry problems like the stories from CG studios coming out recently?

All of the human artists are paid, of this you can be sure. We have dabbled in cheaper more efficient computer generated artists before, but the drawings come out too stiff.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Typical posted:

Can we get pictures of the office dogs?

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

prefect posted:

Can we get pictures of the office dogs?

sure thing. here is dog 1. other dogs exist but no photos are available at this time.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
Not sure if this question is kosher, but have you heard anything about new merchandise being produced? Seems like a bunch appeared out of nowhere, like that Total Rickall game and now that Meeseeks box bundle ThinkGeek has.

Or rather, is there any merchandise that was discussed and then scrapped? Anything you'd personally like to see come to light?

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Typical posted:

Well Goons, it sure has been a while. but I have returned to work on Season 3 of Rick and Morty.

Good. Now stop posting and go back to work.

Seriously though, great that you are working on this again!

Typical posted:

in addition to to its uncanny ability to wash your bowels out it also gives you the much needed strength to animate at 60 frames per second. (we have to accommodate for 4k TV's)

Does this mean that it's now double the required work, or is it just something you need to keep in mind while still animating at 25FPS? If you have to animate twice as much, is it just same technique but more effort, or does higher frame rate require different techniques than traditional animation?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
60 FPS at 4K resolution? That sounds awesome. Is this normal for cartoons being made today, or do you just have a boss who's fixated on 4K tvs the same way he's fixated on the Vibe?

Second question: How does Rick get out of prison?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Typical posted:

sure thing. here is dog 1. other dogs exist but no photos are available at this time.

Awesome. Have you met Dan/Dino/Spencer/any of the members of that gang of funny people? :allears:

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

OmegaBR posted:

Not sure if this question is kosher, but have you heard anything about new merchandise being produced? Seems like a bunch appeared out of nowhere, like that Total Rickall game and now that Meeseeks box bundle ThinkGeek has.

Or rather, is there any merchandise that was discussed and then scrapped? Anything you'd personally like to see come to light?

There have been alot of talks about making a miniature but fully functional portal gun. but our early research has concluded that this is coincidentally the universe where the laws of physics don't allow for portals at this time. Im waiting for them to port Jerry's balloon game to PC though. all the user mods and multiplayer modes would be really fun.

Rexides posted:

Does this mean that it's now double the required work, or is it just something you need to keep in mind while still animating at 25FPS? If you have to animate twice as much, is it just same technique but more effort, or does higher frame rate require different techniques than traditional animation?

Well its actually 59.9999999 frames. but we come in on Saturdays to make up the extra frame. I draw with both hands though so it isn't harder for me. i cant speak for other people though.

counterfeitsaint posted:

60 FPS at 4K resolution? That sounds awesome. Is this normal for cartoons being made today, or do you just have a boss who's fixated on 4K tvs the same way he's fixated on the Vibe?

Second question: How does Rick get out of prison?

Its normal if you want to stay competitive with all those virtual hentai simulators. our research indicated there's a lot of crossover in our target audiences. in response to your second question. Do you honestly think I would tell you... a goon on the internet whom I don't know. And the devastating consequences following that leak. Do you really think I would risk my perfect job, my perfect life, and my real doll replica of Dan Harmon for a cheap thrill of leaking such sensitive and titillating information. gosh buddy. let me introduce you to something called Delayed gratification. or do you even edge bro?

prefect posted:

Awesome. Have you met Dan/Dino/Spencer/any of the members of that gang of funny people? :allears:

I see all those people on a daily basis, but let me tell you, Ryan Riddley is by far the funniest and most popular. we really think based on his current trajectory, he is headed for cartoon immortalization.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ryan Ridley is good. I love his voices.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

I'm gonna go get some ice cream.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Typical posted:

I see all those people on a daily basis, but let me tell you, Ryan Riddley is by far the funniest and most popular. we really think based on his current trajectory, he is headed for cartoon immortalization.

He's been good on Harmontown, although they once wanted to spend some time goofing on him for his rampant Tinder spree and they never got around to it. I was looking forward to that. :(

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Typical posted:

Its normal if you want to stay competitive with all those virtual hentai simulators. our research indicated there's a lot of crossover in our target audiences. in response to your second question. Do you honestly think I would tell you... a goon on the internet whom I don't know. And the devastating consequences following that leak. Do you really think I would risk my perfect job, my perfect life, and my real doll replica of Dan Harmon for a cheap thrill of leaking such sensitive and titillating information. gosh buddy. let me introduce you to something called Delayed gratification. or do you even edge bro?

Sorry, I thought it was clearly tongue in cheek.

I don't edge either :(

Another question, why do shows film at 23.999, or 29.999 or in this case 59.999 frames instead of just adding that one extra frame? It seems almost universal.

Edit: One last question. Has Alex Hirsch ever stopped by, I guess he's buddies with the R&M guys. Is he as perfect and amazing as he is in my fantasies? What does he hair smell like? I bet it smells great.

counterfeitsaint fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Sep 29, 2016

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He was on the show, so I'd imagine he stopped by at least once.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Typical posted:

Do you listen to Harmontown? If so, is it super duper weird to interact with those people professionally?

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

I can't wait for HDR cartoons.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Ridley came off as super insanely lame on GVP. I'm surprised to hear he isn't actually lame.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

nerve posted:

Ridley came off as super insanely lame on GVP. I'm surprised to hear he isn't actually lame.

Ridley's hilarious so it's likely that whatever the hell GVP is, it's probably lame and you have your lame/cool polarities screwed up

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIakqFWwB1s&t=319s

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /

Last Chance posted:

Ridley's hilarious so it's likely that whatever the hell GVP is, it's probably lame and you have your lame/cool polarities screwed up

GVP stands for "Grandma's Virginity Podcast."

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
why cant you just define a a set of variables and have the show animate itself from a bunch of prepared assets?? fuckin A YEAR???? hurry up

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

bring back old gbs posted:

why cant you just define a a set of variables and have the show animate itself from a bunch of prepared assets?? fuckin A YEAR???? hurry up

Somebody has no loving idea how this poo poo works.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Look at it this way: an entire episode of South Park, from conception to final airing form, takes one week to produce. Rick and Morty is at least 10 times as good as South Park. Therefor, each episode should take 10 weeks to produce, and a season should take several years!

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634

someone edited out the host because they're a filthy dan harmon community plebeian and not a real, channel 101 connoisseur straight up guy with good taste

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

buckets of buckets posted:

someone edited out the host because they're a filthy dan harmon community plebeian and not a real, channel 101 connoisseur straight up guy with good taste

I watched that whole thing with the host and he is without a doubt the most annoying loving person they could have chose. And I dug the wildly successful Unbelievable Tales.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The host is loving awesome. "I'm PIZZA MCGLESSAN"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Yestermoment posted:

I watched that whole thing with the host and he is without a doubt the most annoying loving person they could have chose.

That was extremely deliberate. :ssh:

• Locked thread