Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Grozz Nuy posted:

Maybe I'm just being a stick in the mud but WWE making the team of guys who run around in unicorn horns and constantly reference eating rear end the most dominant tag team in company history seems kind of silly to me, merch sales numbers or no

I guess if they have beef with Demolition currently it shouldn't be surprising, pettiness trumps all

it's what the kids like

which since the youngest person who watches wwe is like 28 is not actually relevant but hey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The first 60 times I watched Big E stare into the camera and make a funny face while gyrating I was happy but at the 61st I was like "eh"

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

new

day

_____

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I see it as less beef with Demolition, (as Nikki's record breaking run was definitely beef with AJ), and more "let's give New Day a fun and funny thing they can add to their repetoire/skits.

Much like Santino Morella nearly beat the Honkey Donkey Man's record.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

New day needs more time machine segments. I literally laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes. I don't think rassling has ever done that to me before.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

WrasslorMonkey posted:

New day needs more time machine segments. I literally laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes. I don't think rassling has ever done that to me before.

I never saw this so I went and youtubed it.

VERY disappointed that it wasn't the Dave Chappelle Haters in Time sketch.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Benne posted:

Remember when Ziggler started cutting promos about lazy Millennials? Good times.

Yeah I think it was Tyler Breeze's last singles feud.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

sticklefifer posted:

All of Ziggler's promos lately have been him yellcrying about this being his life. It's like he's trying to go for a Primetime Emmy with Daytime Emmy acting.

Hey now, he is Primetime Soap material like classic Beverly Hills 90210, like Ian Ziering of Sharknado fame.

(I appreciated Luke Perry's cameo on Edge and Christian's show by the way)

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

BrigadierSensible posted:

I see it as less beef with Demolition, (as Nikki's record breaking run was definitely beef with AJ), and more "let's give New Day a fun and funny thing they can add to their repetoire/skits.

Much like Santino Morella nearly beat the Honkey Donkey Man's record.

Santino didn't come anywhere close to beating Honky's record. But that doesn't detract from your overall point - him going for Honky's record and the Honk-A-Meter were a lot of fun.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

They still own the rights to Demolition right? they should dress some fat randos as Ax and Smash and let the new day crush them for maximum pettiness

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

projecthalaxy posted:

They still own the rights to Demolition right? they should dress some fat randos as Ax and Smash and let the new day crush them for maximum pettiness

The Ascension are exclusive to Smackdown Live!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

They don't have the theme

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Chinston Wurchill posted:

The Ascension are exclusive to Smackdown Live!

Is it sad I still dig their music and the Illuminati titantron? I can't stand the Ascension as they suck but still..... cool song and vid. I did like when that one guy was a part of the new JOB squad or whatever they were called. I remember Heath, Bo being the bestest friend and YEEEEE. Also when the Ascension came back for their initial big time match on Smackdown and then screwed up their own finisher. That was hilarity. Ahhhhh Ascension.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Kofi's old music playing owned

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Best wrestler performance in a movie.

That's not Kevin Nash as the Russian in the Punisher movie.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
reading this thread is emotionally draining

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Grozz Nuy posted:

Maybe I'm just being a stick in the mud but WWE making the team of guys who run around in unicorn horns and constantly reference eating rear end the most dominant tag team in company history seems kind of silly to me

Buddy, this is pro-wrestling.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u4CgDlwyB0

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

sticklefifer posted:

All of Ziggler's promos lately have been him yellcrying about this being his life. It's like he's trying to go for a Primetime Emmy with Daytime Emmy acting.

*In Ziggler's voice*

LISTEN TO ME BECAUSE IM GONNA SAY EVERYTHING I HAVE TO SAY IN ONE RUN ON SENTENCE WITHOUT TAKING A BREATH AND IM GONNA SAY DAMMIT ALOT GOD DAMMIT

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

I never saw this so I went and youtubed it.

Oof, naturally WWE cut the funny part out of the youtube video

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

Kofi's old music playing owned

LEAVE ME HERE!

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Oof, naturally WWE cut the funny part out of the youtube video

Ah that explains it.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
If it wasn't for that pointless Prime Time Players run with the titles, New Day would have tied Demolitions record on Monday.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Something along the lines of 20X6 vs. 1936 would be nice.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

https://youtu.be/sBLVrmVeHyI

CAUSE I'M A MAN!!!!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Grozz Nuy posted:

Maybe I'm just being a stick in the mud but WWE making the team of guys who run around in unicorn horns and constantly reference eating rear end the most dominant tag team in company history seems kind of silly to me, merch sales numbers or no

I guess if they have beef with Demolition currently it shouldn't be surprising, pettiness trumps all

Outside of Enzo and Cass there's no good tag team for them to lose it to (other than JeriKO but Owens is already a champ), and I guess they're reluctant to give it to E&C since they're still fairly recent call ups.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Delsaber posted:

Something along the lines of 20X6 vs. 1936 would be nice.
They need to give Xavier an old can o' water soup to kick around.

Von_Doom posted:

Is it sad I still dig their music and the Illuminati titantron? I can't stand the Ascension as they suck but still..... cool song and vid. I did like when that one guy was a part of the new JOB squad or whatever they were called. I remember Heath, Bo being the bestest friend and YEEEEE. Also when the Ascension came back for their initial big time match on Smackdown and then screwed up their own finisher. That was hilarity. Ahhhhh Ascension.
Viktor's actually a better worker than Ascension booking would lead you to believe. Konnor I think is never going to improve (if only YAH caught on from NXT). I do like their new look though.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
Splitting the tag division was a mistake. There's only three good teams on Raw, and at this point it's hard to argue Gallows and Anderson are a good team anymore because they keep losing. So all you have are New Day and Enzo and Cass. Smackdown has Alpha, Usos (who are good now), Slater and Rhyno, Breezango, Hype Bros, etc. And some of those names aren't nearly on the level of New Day or Enzo+Cass, but they're certainly above Shining Stars, Golden Truth and whatever other teams are on Raw.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

New Vince story, this time from Mr Kennedy

quote:

We were on our way over to Iraq, which is a really, really long flight. And we were actually flying from New Finland to Rammstein airforce base in Germany. This is like twelve hours into the flight, people passed out and lots of alcohol consumed. It was a C17 transport plane, a big, wide open plane. People are scattered all over the place. 90% of the people were sleeping. Vince, a sixty-five year old billionaire, was low-crawling around being super stealthy with a bag of hard candies tucked under his arm. He'd hide behind something, pop his head up, throw a candy at their face, then pop down again. They'd wake up, look around and see nothing then go back to sleep. Then he'd pop up and do it again. Just kept doing it.

I assume he meant Newfoundland but still.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
Vince is probably the best insane billionaire ever.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Vaguido posted:

Vince is probably the best insane billionaire ever.

Until you remember stories like the lovely underwear on a stick that he chased someone(Patterson?) around with until they vomitted

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

bradzilla posted:

Until you remember stories like the lovely underwear on a stick that he chased someone(Patterson?) around with until they vomitted

That still keeps him in the upper half of Insane Billionaires.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

bradzilla posted:

And then you eliminate the probably?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Luigi Thirty posted:

That's not Kevin Nash as the Russian in the Punisher movie.

That isn't how you spell John Wick

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
if no one's been following along, and since this will have ramifications, TNA has until tomorrow to pay for their PPV scheduled on Sunday and TV tapings and Dixie has managed to pit the 2 factions (Billy Corgan and Aroluxe/the neo-Nazi Harris twins production company) that paid for the last few sets of tapings against eachother into a stalemate because neither wants to put more money in without getting their money back from the other one

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

sticklefifer posted:

Viktor's actually a better worker than Ascension booking would lead you to believe. Konnor I think is never going to improve (if only YAH caught on from NXT). I do like their new look though.

I wish they'd decide to go full on face paint or not. The half-face paint thing seems weird to me. Go full Demolition or LOD, otherwise it looks so weird to me.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

bradzilla posted:

He shits his pants, and rather than being embarrassed or denying it (and demanding his subordinates do the same), he celebrates it, and uses it to harass his longtime friend. How can you dislike this story?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I think it was Brisco that he chased

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

New Vince story, this time from Mr Kennedy

I assume he meant Newfoundland but still.
To be fair to whomever transcribed that (unless Kennedy wrote that himself) "New Finland" is phonetically correct

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

To be fair to whomever transcribed that (unless Kennedy wrote that himself) "New Finland" is phonetically correct
I was extremely tickled by the fact that Mr. Kennedy thinks there's a Canadian province called New Finland, but it turns out it's from an AMA he was doing over the phone and the reddit transcriber got it wrong.:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

mindofme posted:

None of that living in sin malarky! Ya'll get married like a couple of decent folks!

They seem completely fine with Dean and Renee though, Renee even has a much more prominent role since Dean became champ, although that may just be because Renee is really goddamn good at her job.

• Locked thread