Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

zenyatta crushing skulls in w/ his big steel balls is some win

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ6sq-6XZjY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

respect

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

daahm danyul

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKrvCVAD2xA&t=8s

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i dont understand that clip. it just looks like a heap of visual noise

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i saw the start of a pro game on twitch once and it was impossible to tell what was going on at all times

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

that's insane and the funny part is i still don't think it's enough to unlock that rly stupid zenyatta achievement

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

i saw the start of a pro game on twitch once and it was impossible to tell what was going on at all times

It's one of those things where when you play it it's easier to tell what's going on since every character has all these stupid visually crazy flourishes and things they do and whatever.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That said, for me Zenyatta's projectiles were and still are the hardest to get used to for whether they'll hit something, imo...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I feel the same way about watching Marvel vs Capcom or Dota but I'm sure people who play it know what's going on. Usually that kind of stuff just makes me not want to play things but Blizzard's pretty good at making things readable at least when your actually playing it, IMO, since this is one where there's not much confusion. Whereas in Dota or MvC or uhhh IDK a ton of MMOs even when I played them I couldn't really figure out what was happening.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i have mvc on dreamcast and i dont even understand it while playing it

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Wormskull posted:

That said, for me Zenyatta's projectiles were and still are the hardest to get used to for whether they'll hit something, imo...

they make complete sense to me but i cant hit poo poo with soldier 76 lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dota is actually super readable but it's one of those things where there's a million tiny details and if you aren't good at keeping them in your head it looks like garbage. Like looking at one of those world war 2 board games where every soldier is represented I guess

Games are hard to watch in general unless they're really simple or you play it yourself. IMO.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i think cs and quake 3 are easy to watch and follow but you still need an understanding of the game for it to be enjoyable

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The marvel v Capcom games are unreadable to everyone

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

i think cs and quake 3 are easy to watch and follow but you still need an understanding of the game for it to be enjoyable

I think with Quake anyone can appreciate someone jumping through the air at 800 ups and railing someone through a crack in the wall... finding out all the other subtleties of Quake is a bonus though.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I just queued with a guy who got on the mic and said Alright I'm about to rip on this fat bong. You ready? Time it bitches. and then he ripped on his bong for the entirety of the setup time and then at the end was just like Pssh... and ripped again for a few seconds. Needless to say, we won.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Wormskull posted:

I just queued with a guy who got on the mic and said Alright I'm about to rip on this fat bong. You ready? Time it bitches. and then he ripped on his bong for the entirety of the setup time and then at the end was just like Pssh... and ripped again for a few seconds. Needless to say, we won.

Nice, he must of been feeling excellent. Congrats on the win.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

lmao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

win

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I used to play counter strike with my friend who would always stop randomly during the round to take bong rips. Lost many a match to it

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mei is insanely loving annoying to fight and they need to tone her heal down

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think they need to make her health 200 or something. She has 500 HP and a 4 second invulnerability essentially and unless your aim is absolutely 100% on her you can't kill her either before or after the ice block before either she freezes you or you have to reload and she freezes you. plus I didn't realize until recently that her wall comes back up in 5 seconds. Wtf. On some maps she's easily the best tank in the game. Like Hanamura for example.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Like obviously the game should be that you need to aim well to kill people but the leeway her ice spray gets vs any other character trying to kill her is just absurd IMO, taking how much effective health she has into consideration.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah even as reaper you need perfect headshots or she will freeze you, 1v1 she is impossible and if she gets ganged up she just spams the ice wall and heals while the team comes to rescue her. shes also pretty nimble and small so the 250 hp makes no sense.

the icewall's cooldown would be fine if it didn't have a ridiculous amount of hp. ppl dont even bother attacking it cause unless you have a bastion you will not break it before it expires. but they're terrified of nerfing her because ~she isn't used in high level comp~

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

QQ buttboys vacate.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

QQ buttboys vacate.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I main Hanzo and Bastion so I never had any problem with Mei.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Have some self respect man

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

qnqnx posted:

Have some self respect man

lol

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

QQ buttboys vacate.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Characters aren't balanced around 1v1.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They should be since the matches are 5v5

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Well IMO Mei is one of the best 1v1 characters easily and the entire point of her is that she has the best tools for dissolving teamwork and creating 1v1 situations. But compare it to a Tracer or Reaper who are good at 1v1 and disruption but if you sneeze on a Tracer she's dead and if you know where a Reaper is he's useless.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
imo reaper is a lot better at taking down 'tanks' (winston most obviously) than mei is. mei is just better at not dying; more of a defensive character, if you would

that said, her ult is pretty obnoxious these days

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

Wormskull posted:

Well IMO Mei is one of the best 1v1 characters easily and the entire point of her is that she has the best tools for dissolving teamwork and creating 1v1 situations. But compare it to a Tracer or Reaper who are good at 1v1 and disruption but if you sneeze on a Tracer she's dead and if you know where a Reaper is he's useless.

This is all correct. The best thing to do against a Mei is immediately attack her if she is going after your teammate. If they're frozen do your best to body block her icicles that are aimed at your buddy's head. When the enemy team has a Mei just use the buddy system and she starts working much, much worse. She falls apart if two or more people gang up on her.

Against Tracer and Reaper just assume that if you don't know where they are right at that moment, they're going to be attacking from the rear or sitting in a corner through the next doorway.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah mei isn't unbalanced, just a very frustrating fight especially on certain maps. her counter is supposed to be dps and both of her abilities ignore it lol

i feel like her heal either shouldn't be 100% invincible or shouldn't last as long, specifically because she can just pop it on the point and stall for time and there is nothing at all you can do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Apparently random ppl are logging in and finding 11 free loot boxes so check and see if youre one of them. It could be that everyone is getting them for free and its just taking a while to roll them out but IDK.

• Locked thread