Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

no dice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Korra 's base price was 15-20 dollars, Transformers is 40-50 dollar game if that helps

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
The only knock against Devastation was the massive reuse of assets and maps plus it can be punishing if you don't find some short bread and butter combos to rely on. It seemed to be really hostile to me experimenting with long combos.

That said, I'm not a wizard at Platinum games so ymmv. Still a fun game even if the copy paste is unforgivable for a full priced release.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I already own REMake but I'm happy with this month's game as gently caress YEAH TRANSFORMERS

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i didn't care too much for the overuse of flying enemies in transformers since they tend to run away and make you use the shooting which doesn't feel as good as the fighting imo.

i also didn't like the platforming or rail shooter part that felt clunky

there were a couple sections where the camera perspective locks into top down or side scroller that felt a bit half baked and cheap too, but not in the hilarious way that like bayoneta's bike scenes do that makes them endearing and fun.

otherwise i had a lot of fun with it

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

ShadowedFlames posted:

"Version 1.01

Bug fixes."

That's it.

Thanks, I was mostly interested in knowing if there was any day one patch we might be counting on. It seems one shouldn't hope the performance will improve, so I'll temper my expectations accordingly.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
The soundtrack to the Transformers game alone makes me happy this month. Game is so polished if you were a fan of the original series.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
So, is it safe to say if I love Bayonetta, ill get some enjoyment out of Transformers?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Watrick posted:

So, is it safe to say if I love Bayonetta, ill get some enjoyment out of Transformers?

its almost exactly the same fighting including witchtime with a couple differences like transformation moves and no torture qtes etc.

that said you pretty much only fight random robo dude and random flying robo dude for the whole game aside from bosses so it might not be as interesting for you

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Starscream, Soundwave and Megatron are really loving good bosses though.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Nobody cares if you aren't renewing your PS+.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sakurazuka posted:

Starscream, Soundwave and Megatron are really loving good bosses though.

Where is the love for Shockwave?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Huh, I dunno why but I do not remember doing that fight at all.

I'm surprised Turtles hasn't been on sale at all yet, at least that I've seen, I can't imagine it did terribly well.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Sep 29, 2016

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape

Sakurazuka posted:

Huh, I dunno why but I do not remember doing that fight at all.

I'm surprised Turtles hasn't been on sale at all yet, at least that I've seen, I can't imagine it did terribly well.

Activision.

So from looking at it, Touhou Scarlet Rhapsody is an Ys like (specifically the ones on Steam right now) which interests me more than I was expecting. Anyone know if it is any good?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I would be interested to know this as well because I love Ys

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I bought it day one, and it's pretty fun. The translation gives the game a lot of life, which is good since the combat is fairly basic all-around. I haven't played many Ys games, but the style is definitely there. It is also SIGNIFICANTLY better than Genso Rondo, which somehow took Senko no Ronde and made it boring.

I recommend it, especially at $20.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Doesn't look like it's actually out here, time for my US account I guess

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

Transformers was in a black friday sale last year for cheap so probably see turtles then

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Takoluka posted:

I bought it day one, and it's pretty fun. The translation gives the game a lot of life, which is good since the combat is fairly basic all-around. I haven't played many Ys games, but the style is definitely there. It is also SIGNIFICANTLY better than Genso Rondo, which somehow took Senko no Ronde and made it boring.

I recommend it, especially at $20.

What is the combat? Are we talking "bumping into people" Ys or "mashing X and jumping to avoid attacks properly" Ys. I love both but I'm curious for a little more detail before I *shudder* buy a Touhou game

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Baal posted:

Where is the love for Shockwave?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-ItfWY3xMQ

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Platinum Turtles was on sale like two week ago, it was just still too expensive (it was still like $30).,

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

What is the combat? Are we talking "bumping into people" Ys or "mashing X and jumping to avoid attacks properly" Ys. I love both but I'm curious for a little more detail before I *shudder* buy a Touhou game

You should be excited to be able to buy a Touhou fan game.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

In Training posted:

Mash Square and jump sometimes.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

DR. SMOOV!! He's the best! The Awakening of Optimus Prime is good too.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Still no Knack! :wrong:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Takoluka posted:

Mash Square and jump sometimes.

Vince McMahon intrigued face

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
To everyone who keeps "wanting" another lower Battleborn sale... (possibly) good news!
Sounds like it may go F2P if the rumor mill is to be believed...

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

MisterAlex posted:

To everyone who keeps "wanting" another lower Battleborn sale... (possibly) good news!
Then they'll just charge for characters and nobody will play the co-op because the free heroes will be trash :smith:

TenTwelveTwelve
Oct 12, 2012
My humble Bundle coupon for 50% off Mega Man Legacy Collection PS Store Coupon expires on Oct 1st. Feel free to use it Q7JK9836LE.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

MisterAlex posted:

this has been the destiny of the game since release

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

MisterAlex posted:

why is gearbox remastering bulletstorm? isn't it an EA property? gearbox is so loving weird sometimes like they are the shittiest company with their own stupid games but go out and rerelease cult classic games they didn't make in the first place with homeworld and now this? idgi.

i like bulletstorm so thats fine if gearbox wants to make it look better i guess.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

CrashCat posted:

Then they'll just charge for characters and nobody will play the co-op because the free heroes will be trash :smith:
I think they're already unlockable through gameplay.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

TenTwelveTwelve posted:

My humble Bundle coupon for 50% off Mega Man Legacy Collection PS Store Coupon expires on Oct 1st. Feel free to use it Q7JK9836LE.

I used this. I thank you but Elec Man will be cursing your name for the beatdown I'm about to give him.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

They are currently since people bought the game but i fully expect them to monetize it when they make the game free :shrug:

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

CrashCat posted:

They are currently since people bought the game but i fully expect them to monetize it when they make the game free :shrug:

They technically already are monetized if you'd rather spend money than earn them in-game. Kind of like Heroes of the Storm and such.

I would expect (hope) that they'd look to make money by creating new purchase-only cosmetics. I looked at the skins at one point, and they're pretty much just redyes. Adding in some funny or "sexy" skins might entice some folks to drop coin on them. And they could give "legacy" owners some free tokens to grab a few of their favorites for free.

I dunno. I'm not the one in charge over there. That's just some of what I'd probably do. {shrug}

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future
Hey thread:
SFV - 45% off - P5PC359JKJ
Mega Mans - 50% off - Q7N96G2H8D

These should still be valid, enjoy!

Krispy Kremepie
Mar 23, 2005

Inside......Me....

Pegnose Pete posted:

Mega Mans - 50% off - Q7N96G2H8D

These should still be valid, enjoy!

Grabbed this, thank you!

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

If anyone wants these they can have them too:

45% off Street Fighter V PS Store Coupon
2636BT4QN3
Expires October 1st, 2016 at 7:00am Pacific

50% off Mega Man Legacy Collection PS Store Coupon
25HFTEQTGH

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

shmee posted:

50% off Mega Man Legacy Collection PS Store Coupon
25HFTEQTGH

used. thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
I'm not gonna use this either so here's another 45% off Street Fighter V one: P5BCN6M24P

• Locked thread