Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

weird Asian candy posted:

And yet you feel you know better than they do having never stepped foot in their shoes.

Yes, because there are a few examples (i.e. the rest of the civilized world) where this poo poo doesn't happen ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Kalli posted:

Because, as mentioned before, even a majority of white democrats are against Colin Kaepernick.

Something something, lesser of two evils.
That and they are paranoid of the attack ads from Republicans going "They hate freedom and support thugs"

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

indigi posted:

Yes, because there are a few examples (i.e. the rest of the civilized world) where this poo poo doesn't happen ever

lol, ok bud.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Hillary's plan allocates budget money that will go towards re-training officers to combat racial bias in the police force.

Donald thinks stop and frisk works and is not racist as all hell.

But yah, lesser of two evils. :jerkbag:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

hot take: cops shouldn't murder the mentally ill because they lack sufficient training or expertise

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

indigi posted:

hot take: cops shouldn't murder the mentally ill because they lack sufficient training or expertise

You mean pigs

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Cops and/or pigs should probably have sufficient training and less toys. The hottest of takes.

Actually feral hogs with good training is a terrifying idea, scratch the thing after cops.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Grittybeard posted:

Cops and/or pigs should probably have sufficient training and less toys. The hottest of takes.

Actually feral hogs with good training is a terrifying idea, scratch the thing after cops.

Actually you will find tanks will stop all of this. Give cops the tanks they need

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

oink oink, troops in warzones can comply with higher standards of when to use deadly force, but retarded US citizens are extraordinarily lethal *digs for truffle*

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Is there a more intelligent animal on a farm than the pig?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Gynecolojustice posted:

Is there a more intelligent animal on a farm than the pig?

There is none more delicious

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Quest For Glory II posted:

have body cams automatically stream to Youtube and not able to be turned off by the cop wearing it, that'd be tight

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

indigi posted:

oink oink, troops in warzones can comply with higher standards of when to use deadly force, but retarded US citizens are extraordinarily lethal *digs for truffle*

What's (not) funny about this article, is that there has been a militarization of local law enforcement happening for many years, with many up and coming officers being prior military...so where is the disconnect?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

What's (not) funny about this article, is that there has been a militarization of local law enforcement happening for many years, with many up and coming officers being prior military...so where is the disconnect?

They hated the ROE during the war and love their freedom to murder people here.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

And yet you feel you know better than they do having never stepped foot in their shoes.

I also love that you called them pigs when it's probably a very safe bet you have never had any interaction with police involving more than a speeding ticket or traffic accident. Dem pigs tho, amirite?! gently caress tha police! Such a hot take!

nice meltdown

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Too many marines going into the police force instead of the more sane members of the military. Also, PTSD that gets glossed both by military and police in order to fill ranks. My guesses, anyway, that can probably be blasted out of the water.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

people getting offended at calling cops pigs should probably avoid Waynes World

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

MrSargent posted:

Hillary's plan allocates budget money that will go towards re-training officers to combat racial bias in the police force.

Donald thinks stop and frisk works and is not racist as all hell.

But yah, lesser of two evils. :jerkbag:

There are more aspects to racism than police shootings and she is very much a diversify the boardroom type

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I do not get along with the police but I've never in my life called them pigs just because it would reflect negatively on myself more than anything.

One of the only things I've ever really respected the police as a whole for is that they have a motorcycle gang called the Iron Pigs. I wish all police had a sense of humor about themselves like that.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

probably should avoid Duke Nukem 3D too, it will repulse you with its anti-patriotic enemies

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Dutchy posted:

There are more aspects to racism than police shootings and she is very much a diversify the boardroom type

Of course there are more aspects of racism, and her budget allocation plan isn't the only thing she has proposed to combat racism. My whole point is saying "lesser of two evils" seems really disingenuous to me. I am not calling Hillary the champion for people of color, but I feel like a lot of people have lost their objectivity here.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Quest For Glory II posted:

people getting offended at calling cops pigs should probably avoid Waynes World

It's hard to escape all those Wayne's World references these days.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

MrSargent posted:

Of course there are more aspects of racism, and her budget allocation plan isn't the only thing she has proposed to combat racism. My whole point is saying "lesser of two evils" seems really disingenuous to me. I am not calling Hillary the champion for people of color, but I feel like a lot of people have lost their objectivity here.

I dunno man, her campaign slogan basically is "the lesser of two evils."

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

It's hard to escape all those Wayne's World references these days.
they do trot it back out every 5th SNL anniversary and it's more and more awkward each time

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I say we suck it up and deal with four years of Hillary because the alternative is a whole lot worse

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

I say we suck it up and deal with four years of Hillary because the alternative is a whole lot worse

I'm imagining a universe where a bumbling racist Mr Magoo accidentally solves all of America's problems and leads us into a new golden age.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MrSargent posted:

I've pointed it out in the RWM thread, but basically, Hilary Clinton has been the very literal target of 20 years of attacks perpetuated by talk radio, Fox News, and now Breitbart and other online tabloids. She and her husband were the figureheads of liberalism for the anti-left movement, because they were in the White House when the whole thing began. Bill has fallen away a bit, but Hilary keeps doing things like running for Senate, serving in high bureaucratic posts, running for President, etc.

The right is so thoroughly poisoned against "The Clintons" that even the ones who would be repulsed by Trump will vote for him anyways, because She is Evil.

Objectivity is so far gone that you might as well refer to it like paleontologists refer to the Jurassic Period.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

CharlestheHammer posted:

Actually you will find tanks will stop all of this. Give cops the tanks they need

Tank Police was a good anime from my childhood.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

what a gawdawful state

https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/782303844470513664

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

two followups: ESPN Radio is being crybabies

and a bizarrely tone-deaf statement from ECU

“We regret the actions taken by 19 members of the East Carolina University Marching Pirates on game day October 1st felt hurtful to many in our Pirate family and disrespectful to our country. We understand and respect this is an issue where emotions are strong.

The Marching Pirates continue to be fully supportive of all the values the East Carolina University community holds dear.

We have met with the band and the members have collectively reaffirmed their commitment to the unique privilege and responsibility that comes with wearing the uniform of the Marching Pirates.

College is about learning, and it is our expectation that the members of the Marching Pirates will learn from this experience and fulfill their responsibilities. While we affirm the right of all our students to express their opinions, protests of this nature by the Marching Pirates will not be tolerated moving forward.

It is our hope that together we can move past these events and that the Marching Pirates will be part of the healing process, working as one Pirate Nation.”

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

These sad sack BUT ARE TROOPS responses are even more pathetic when even soldiers themselves are saying "this isn't about us, you dinguses."

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

DJExile posted:

These sad sack BUT ARE TROOPS responses are even more pathetic when even soldiers themselves are saying "this isn't about us, you dinguses."

It's not like the troops are very intelligent

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Jonathan Fisk posted:

It's not like the troops are very intelligent

A cut above their fanboys, at least.

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

nvj is touched by your generosity!
Isn't the whole point of living in a free society that we don't give a gently caress about this kind of thing? Magical songs that absolutely must be played before every game and require silly attendant physical rituals are stupid per se.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Boof Bonser posted:

Isn't the whole point of living in a free society that we don't give a gently caress about this kind of thing? Magical songs that absolutely must be played before every game and require silly attendant physical rituals are stupid per se.

That is correct, the only player from the AJ Pierzynski trade not on an MLB roster

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Boof Bonser posted:

Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.

Blah blah blah we hosed our future so we could scrape together enough meatbags to fight two stupid wars.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Doug Baldwin has claimed that some owners have told players to fall in line for the national anthem.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

seiferguy posted:

Doug Baldwin has claimed that some owners have told players to fall in line for the national anthem.

What. No. I'm shocked.:geno:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

seiferguy posted:

Isn't that basically what he already told his teammates?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

seiferguy posted:

Jerry Richardson was the first person who immediately came to my mind

• Locked thread