Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Zephyrine posted:

Contracts up.

I still have tons of more cheap injectors.

One to Elizabeth Liddle plztx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

learnincurve posted:

BoB were the worst allies. The main reason the first war was lost was because they saw renters as carebears to be milked and meat shields and only that. Meanwhile we couldn't care less about them in turn and just wanted to get personal crap out in big convoys to NPC 0.0. It was like watching your slum apartments burn down and going oh well, landlord's problem. One of the ironies is that had we all given a poo poo, BoB would have won.

Had "you" all given a poo poo BoB would still have lost because in order to accept BoB renting terms you had to be grossly incompetent at eve considering all it took to become non-renters with blue standing was to show some sort of killboard record of being able to kill poo poo fielding more than random kitchen sink fleets and maybe a handful of dreads. Selling renters systems for outrageous sums and then abandoning them is just a slightly more elaborate form of outright recruitment scamming them with a longer payout. Renters are treated as cattle everywhere by every group, the trick is that back in the day idiots would line up to pay people like BoB absurd sums of money for the priviledge to be treated as cattle and nowadays slumlords have to settle for slightly less. No one ever has defended their renters because they felt that they were valued friends, any defense that may be put up is based purely on protecting your cash cows. If you wanted to be treated better by BoB (or any other group ever in eve), maybe consider instead of renting systems from them get blue standings as an ally (yes, BoB did have those too)

The main problem in handling allies in BoB was that BoB didn't even have real leadership for their own alliance, instead each corp was a little fiefdom, and there never was proper organisation, leadership or otherwise; this led to idiots like ladyscarlet "handling" allied relationships not because she was officially in charge, but just because she liked bullying people; all you had to do is ignore her and chose your own contacts. This worked well enough as long as you just decided to do your own thing, others were dumb enough to try to ask for permission/input on every little plan they had :toot:

TopGoon[555]
Aug 30, 2003

Hubbl3 posted:

By the way, is GSF going to support PL in the Tribute war? We have declared hellwar on Co2 if I remember correctly.

That would require leaving their Sanctums. Who would want to sacrifice dank ticks for lovely dbrb ops?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Spice World War II posted:

maybe consider instead of renting systems from them get blue standings as an ally (yes, BoB did have those too)

Like LV? Or ASCN?

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

"TopGoon[555 posted:

" post="464794406"]
That would require leaving their Sanctums. Who would want to sacrifice dank ticks for lovely dbrb ops?

hi penif im officially requesting permission to lead goon convoys back to the promised land (gurmistas)

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Bilirubin posted:

One to Elizabeth Liddle plztx

Contract up. Over a hundred injectors left.

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

CainFortea posted:

Like LV? Or ASCN?

Yes, ASCN the dudes who famously were on BoB's side in the first great war :toot:

And LV can't really be considered a BoB "pet". Could bob have done more to help LV? Sure, probably, but there was barely any proper coordination going on at the time LV was dieing, from either side.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Yes, ASCN the dudes who famously were on BoB's side in the first great war :toot:

And LV can't really be considered a BoB "pet". Could bob have done more to help LV? Sure, probably, but there was barely any proper coordination going on at the time LV was dieing, from either side.

Well, They were allied before the great war started. BoB killed them off after CYVOK brought out Steve.

Also, part of the drama bomb around the t20 incident was BoB director forums basically laughing at LV and deriding them, basically saying "we aren't gonna go help these worthless fucks". Again, even though they were allies at the time.

Hubbl3
Mar 28, 2016

"TopGoon[555 posted:

" post="464794406"]

DBRB ops are more entertaining than ratting by large.

TopGoon[555]
Aug 30, 2003

Hubbl3 posted:

DBRB ops are more entertaining than ratting by large.

I mean if you consider it entertaining to watch a mentally challenged person embarrass himself for 3 hours vOv

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Zodium posted:

No one can say old GS wasn't a veritable hate speech factory. Good riddance, because I really regret all the idiotic hate speech I vomited out and encouraged back then. I still have some characters with edgelord racist names, too. It's really cringe-inducing. I forced myself to read some of my old TWR threads in the War Memorial, and I don't think I could have crammed any more rape and n-word references in there if I had actively tried to.

:cripes:

same but I also started playing eve ten years ago as a teenager and I imagine you probably did as well

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Zodium posted:

I'm not gonna split hairs here, :words:

Just wanna say I love your EVE retrospectives. Please keep posting or write a book

Hubbl3
Mar 28, 2016
Speaking about books, what happened to the fountain war book? Wasn't a new try announced in 2016 with a proper campaign?

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Zephyrine posted:

Contracts up.

I still have tons of more cheap injectors.

My plan is to make a bunch of isk this weekend with burners and wormholes so I will probably hit you up about this later.

Or maybe I'll just go outside and keep being space poor :v:

CainFortea posted:

Well, They were allied before the great war started. BoB killed them off after CYVOK brought out Steve.
I knew the story of Steve causing epic butthurt because BoB couldn't have the first titan but I didn't realize they were allies at the time :laffo:

Reverand maynard posted:

same but I also started playing eve ten years ago as a teenager and I imagine you probably did as well

Anyone who holds poo poo from a decade ago against someone in a video game is an idiot (and there are a lot of idiots out there). I wasn't an eve goon 10 years ago but some of the stuff I thought was hilarious when I joined SA at 18 is way less funny at 32. You can see that trend in how the forums have matured - I'm pretty sure grown-up subforums like BFC and DIY weren't even around, while GBS is dead, Jim.

edit: so apparently GBS is back, well trolled. but I'll argue it's still dead inside :colbert:

Edgy is funny when you're a kid with the broken empathy glands (that's where it comes from, right?) and lack of life experience that kids tend to have. Adults who can't let go of that generally just seem broken.

Discussion Quorum fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Sep 29, 2016

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
I was 12 years old when I first started playing eve online. Now look at me- not!

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer

"TopGoon[555 posted:

" post="464796168"]
I mean if you consider it entertaining to watch a mentally challenged person embarrass himself for 3 hours vOv

idk, i enjoy boat fleets! :3:
his energy is contagious

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

We were in LV. :( If we were blue and not renters then you may be right, or we may have been blue then joined LV, either way we should have stayed in NPC 0.0. It was far too long ago and my brain has done it's best to obliterate those memories. I have a few that won't go away. "our loving titan is dead!" "if BoB have so many high level spies..." "loving BoB have a titan" "LOL Shrike" "Naw dude gently caress it, jump our carriers back to NPC space and leave them there"

"Was the dark of the moon on the sixth of June
In a Kenworth pullin' logs
Cab-over Pete with a reefer on
And a Jimmy haulin' hogs
We is headin' for bear on I-one-oh
'Bout a mile outta Shaky Town
I says, "Pig Pen, this here's the Rubber Duck.
"And I'm about to put the hammer down."

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

nex posted:

idk, i enjoy boat fleets! :3:
his energy is contagious

Much like herpes.

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
Well, hopefully you enjoyed yourself before catching said herpes...

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Morris posted:

My plan is to make a bunch of isk this weekend with burners and wormholes so I will probably hit you up about this later.

I can put some away for a week or so if you like. I'm not in a hurry to sell them.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Zephyrine posted:

Contract up. Over a hundred injectors left.

Thank you for helping me take a week off Amarr cruiser V

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Had "you" all given a poo poo BoB would still have lost because in order to accept BoB renting terms you had to be grossly incompetent at eve considering all it took to become non-renters with blue standing was to show some sort of killboard record of being able to kill poo poo fielding more than random kitchen sink fleets and maybe a handful of dreads. Selling renters systems for outrageous sums and then abandoning them is just a slightly more elaborate form of outright recruitment scamming them with a longer payout. Renters are treated as cattle everywhere by every group, the trick is that back in the day idiots would line up to pay people like BoB absurd sums of money for the priviledge to be treated as cattle and nowadays slumlords have to settle for slightly less. No one ever has defended their renters because they felt that they were valued friends, any defense that may be put up is based purely on protecting your cash cows. If you wanted to be treated better by BoB (or any other group ever in eve), maybe consider instead of renting systems from them get blue standings as an ally (yes, BoB did have those too)

The main problem in handling allies in BoB was that BoB didn't even have real leadership for their own alliance, instead each corp was a little fiefdom, and there never was proper organisation, leadership or otherwise; this led to idiots like ladyscarlet "handling" allied relationships not because she was officially in charge, but just because she liked bullying people; all you had to do is ignore her and chose your own contacts. This worked well enough as long as you just decided to do your own thing, others were dumb enough to try to ask for permission/input on every little plan they had :toot:

BoB was particularly vicious towards their valued allies. They were so up their own rear end about their superiority as players that they pretty much had to denigrate their pets lest they think some of BoB's success was their own doing. I mean BoB literally invented the term pets for one. They'd lock allies out of long standing home stations with no warning for not being deferential enough. They'd send them to be slaughtered like cattle against PL with no support. Even if you were not BoB affiliated you were expected to lick their boots on the forums or suffer the consequences.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Berious posted:

BoB was particularly vicious towards their valued allies. They were so up their own rear end about their superiority as players that they pretty much had to denigrate their pets lest they think some of BoB's success was their own doing. I mean BoB literally invented the term pets for one. They'd lock allies out of long standing home stations with no warning for not being deferential enough. They'd send them to be slaughtered like cattle against PL with no support. Even if you were not BoB affiliated you were expected to lick their boots on the forums or suffer the consequences.

in many ways this would be the greatest troll going, if it wasn't done so seriously

the oldschool PL stuff was pretty neat, where a unified fleetcomp could rip apart incompetent kitchen sink bob "allies"

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

Berious posted:

Ladyscarlet tried to bully us a few times along the road and every time our response was up yours and nothing bad ever happened to us vOv

If I recall correctly in the first director level leaks most of them only had "uh I don't know these guys" to say about us aside from the two or so people that actually dealt with us who said positive things. Which as I posted before was the reason people were treated like poo poo, no one really was in charge so if you didn't make sure to just stick up for yourself and chose who you want to deal with, you ended up being "managed" by someone like ladyscarlet who just lived to be a virtual slumlord and tried to insert herself into everything (she wasn't the only one).

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

someone like ladyscarlet who just lived to be a virtual slumlord and tried to insert herself into everything (she wasn't the only one).

Yes but for most people it would be a physical impossibility. Not so, for Scarlet.

:rimshot:

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Ladyscarlet tried to bully us a few times along the road and every time our response was up yours and nothing bad ever happened to us vOv

If I recall correctly in the first director level leaks most of them only had "uh I don't know these guys" to say about us aside from the two or so people that actually dealt with us who said positive things. Which as I posted before was the reason people were treated like poo poo, no one really was in charge so if you didn't make sure to just stick up for yourself and chose who you want to deal with, you ended up being "managed" by someone like ladyscarlet who just lived to be a virtual slumlord and tried to insert herself into everything (she wasn't the only one).

what was IT alliance like because I mean it owned 4 or 5 regions for a while and then oops

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

tickets to the gunt show posted:

Yes but for most people it would be a physical impossibility. Not so, for Scarlet.

:vince:

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

didn't gms specifically ban "lady scarlet is fat" because of how much it was repeated?

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

Landsknecht posted:

didn't gms specifically ban "lady scarlet is fat" because of how much it was repeated?

According to GF wiki yes - also apparently it would get you shitcanned from the EVE-O forums.

I will say that Facts' name change for me came through at the perfect time. Very apropos.

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast
Fat shaming is a taboo now ? Can I fat shame people if I'm fat ?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Yup and it wasn't just the forums, would be a 2 day ban in game as well.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

learnincurve posted:

Yup and it wasn't just the forums, would be a 2 day ban in game as well.

i had a 72 hour mute once for spamming heil hitler in an evZEROke system for a while

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast

Is that more than posting goatse in Jita local ?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Actually she just can't help it (because she is so massive you see(she is fat))

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
Of course people don't remember what a shittalker in local she was during cyno-doomsday days, she would fill local with good fight bullshit much like NC does now. Goons didn't just start calling her out for nothing, the only thing that shut her up was asking her in local if a titan could dock into her gunt.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Mnoba posted:

Of course people don't remember what a shittalker in local she was during cyno-doomsday days, she would fill local with good fight bullshit much like NC does now. Goons didn't just start calling her out for nothing, the only thing that shut her up was asking her in local if a titan could dock into her gunt.

good news though, CCP doesn't care anymore. Feel free to continue to ask her how many of "Food item" she can fit in her mouth at once. I always ask about red potatoes. Then I ask if the reason she hasn't answered is she is eating all of the delicious potatoes.

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

Landsknecht posted:

what was IT alliance like because I mean it owned 4 or 5 regions for a while and then oops

It Alliance was hilarious and infuriating, because basically from the moment we started tooling around in syndicate and taking the first R64 moons everything that led to the downfall was perfectly obvious, and a few of us were trying to get poo poo fixed from the start, but that group was such a clusterfuck of the dumbest egos in the game in leadership that there was just no fixing it. But of course PL chose to die like a wet paper towel at the same time so the idiot wagon gained some steam and it's even harder to get people to agree to fix problems if you are just win win winning (see also: the rise and fall of THE IMPERIUM).

Basically, you had the original BoB corps, of which two were being led by complete dickheads (finfleet and dice), two were being led by some cool dudes (bnc and rkk) and one was led by a friendly if maybe slightly confused older grandpa (molle). Then you had x13 who quickly took a seat on finfleets dick, maverick navy who were the worst kind of americans ever, one or two corps who never opened their mouth or contributed anything ever and us and dark rising.

Finfleet had several people in leadership who would unironically bleat poo poo like "there are maybe 3 people in this alliance that I respect enough to drink a beer with them, respect is earned not given" into leadership level discussions about things like doctrines and strategies, while at the same time their own strategic geniuses had been afk for so long that they literally would state completely false things about the game mechanics and then refuse to even entertain any other opinions because no one outside of finleet had earned their respect yet :toot:

DICE was just ladyscarlet's personal embezzle mobile that had no one with any ability of strategical thinking. They literally had their own private renters for almost the whole duration of IT (renters were supposed to pay towards alliance so profits could be split). Ladyscarlet just ignored this and because Molle was a friendly grandpa instead of any sort of real leader it was just ignored until really shortly before the end when I got really aggressive about it.

Dianabolic and Coranor were both dudes that were fun to play with, RKK though had this second level of management of ebushido dudes (ask me about the time i recruited cippalippus against their wishes) who were annoying as gently caress, I guess those are now all in PL considering dian stopped playing. BNC had Sort Dragon waiting in the wings who was just so obviously always trying to bet on the winning horse :toot:

Evol had a nice dude actually running the day to day and then Molle who was mostly a figurehead. He got played like a fiddle by people like ladyscarlet and her embezzlement scheme or later by finfleet/x13 who managed to convince him for 3 months that they didnt plan to stab him in the back despite overwhelming evidence then wrote that hilarious open letter about letting them take over or else the minute their last of 30 titan builds finished.

Maverick Navy was the dumbest bunch I have ever met closeup in this game, every time they posted it was like a bad caricature of a speech an american president in a b-movie would be giving in the face of an invasion, and they took their poo poo so serious that at meetups their CEO always had a posse around him acting as security that would reserve spots at the table or in the shower and probably even on the toilet for him; one night they nearly started fist fights over loving bacon (a group of us had smoked hash all day and we were several hours into just stuffing our face with things we roasted on the campfire, he wanted to commander basically the whole batch of bacon we had just grilled, we didn't oblige, his security detail led him to the kitchen area which also housed the fridges with all the booze, posted people at both entrances and wanted to declare the whole thing off limits to anyone else until he got his fill of bacon, got into shoving matches with random people who just wanted to get some more beer and stuff).

In the end, we spent years as allies of BoB and despite public opinion, never had any reason to complain there, mostly because as I described in the posts before, our relationship was very hands off from both sides; if we ever had joined the actual alliance earlier and had gotten the chance to experience what it meant to deal with this circus day to day we probably would have left way sooner.(*) On the other hand, I had characters in goonfleet from the day it moved from Scoluzer to Syndicate, and the years of following a terrible fat lawyer to space lolbertopia would not have been something we'd have considered joining either.

(*) BoB also lost a whole bunch of players to afk-land over the years that used to make the whole thing work

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTB46FJOF5w

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Interesting to read about the internal workings of the evil empire. Please post more machinations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Yeah I just realized that Spice World War II was Dreamin'

EDIT: Also he's pretty much the MVP poster of this thread along with Wibla when it comes to voicing concerns over stupid poo poo, because they are actually "Men in power" as it were.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Sep 29, 2016

• Locked thread