Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Shawn Cotureier posted:

Mandy Rose already significantly better than Eva Marie

Is there a reason outside of her look that she gets associated with Eva? Do they have a history? I do it too, but I think I'm just being superficial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

I already got a ticket to the Saturday show in Largo so this doesn't bode well

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Phenix Rising posted:

Is there a reason outside of her look that she gets associated with Eva? Do they have a history? I do it too, but I think I'm just being superficial.

Total Divas tried to mash them together, but Mandy didn't work out because she actually is rather normal and that's terrible reality tv.

E: Liv's pants would never kneel for the anthem

Eltoasto fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Sep 29, 2016

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Asuka wrestling on NXT TV, that's rare

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Eltoasto posted:

E: Liv's pants would never kneel for the anthem
They're so tight, I'd be surprised if she can kneel at all without splitting them.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Oh ok

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
:laffo: three episodes for a standard jobber match.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Well she's got a point

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

I never followed Chikara but Lince Dorado still isn't a name I thought I'd ever see on a WWE program

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Match doesn't have much heat, they really need to give the CWC guys characters when putting them in NXT matches, I don't think the crowd knows who to root for.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
It sounds like they didn't mic the ring right, none of the chops sounded like they had impact

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Dr. rear end posted:

I never followed Chikara but Lince Dorado still isn't a name I thought I'd ever see on a WWE program

Waltman had wanted to get him a shot at WWE ever since he accidentally got him fired from Chikara. I'm glad it worked out for him in the end.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Mandy Rose should basically just take all Eva's spots in everything immediately. She's not good or anything, but she actually seems like she's putting in effort to improve and do well, and she has that model look that seemingly the entirety of Eva's WWE career is down to. She also doesn't make me wince whenever I see her try a move.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

I never thought I'd hear plethora be mispronounced in my lifetime, but tonight has changed me.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

pressedbunny posted:

:laffo: three episodes for a standard jobber match.

I liked this match, and think it's going to go somewhere.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I like Hideo but I don't think he's adjusting to the WWE style.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Mandy Rose worked well in the ring tbqh

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Meanwhile Asuka's selling looks more and more like the Hulkster's every time we see her.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Triple posting to point out that the WWE reportedly told Itami before his injury that he should emphasize his old style rather than try to adapt beyond the WWE basics.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So I'm catching up on a backlog of NXT episodes and Joe hauling loving rear end away from the arena while just screaming "GET BETTER SECURITY!!!" and disappearing a split second later is the funniest loving thing.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
There's a lot of high level indie women at the WWE tryouts today supposedly.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Per the Observer:

quote:

NXT’s viewership on WWE Network has gone way down. At press time, the top ten most requested shows on VOD were: 1. Clash of Champions; 2. Ride Along with Michael Cole, JBL and Byron Saxton plus Ric Flair & Charlotte; 3. Clash of Champions per-show; 4. Table for three with Big Show, Kane and Mark Henry; 5. JBL interviews Kevin Nash & Scott Hall; 6. Clash of Champions in the German language (the first time a foreign language show made the top ten); 7. Backlash; 8. Ride Along with Enzo & Cass and the Dudleys; 9. NXT; 10. Ride Along with Styles, Anderson & Gallows and Jericho & Henry

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Him and Andrade both, I'd say. You can call it them failing to adapt or WWE not being flexible enough with how they'll allow guys to work. Just a matter of perspective really.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Spermgod posted:

Per the Observer:

Not really surprising.

I'm skipping through pretty much 80% of the runtime of the show every episode. The roster is pretty weak at the moment outside of Nakamura, Joe, Roode, DIY and The Revival. The womens division is terrible now because it's just a bunch of redshirts and Asuka.

Maybe the tag tournament will help things a bit.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
I'm reminded of when Triple H told Hideo to go out there and let loose. I'm convinced that Hideo is just too humble to to just that, and it's holding him back. I think he needs to be matched against stiff opponents so he will be forced to go back to his old ways. Otherwise, he's just going to keep toeing the line instead of being what WWE hired him to be in the first place.

Get Kota, Akira, or Shinsuke in the ring with him. Hell, a one-off match with Cesaro or Sheamus would probably work. Just prevent him from acting so drat humble.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

With the CWC over I'm assuming NXT viewership will pick back up.

Also I'd say the tag division is just as bad (if not worse) than the Women's division right now.

It's super cool to see Ride Along doing so well in the VODs, I love that show.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Viewership drop is consistent with thread response at least - we had under 25 posts about last nights episode, which means goons are more passionate about shitposting on any given 15 minute stretch of RAW than watching NXT. I'm going to go ahead and blame the fact that the endless Takeover rematches are giving Ruthless Aggression-era Trips / Nash matchups a run for their money in terms of killing anticipation. Plus they've failed to build faces outside of the champ and DIY, and Asuka's a tweener Hogan smothering the women's division.

What's more surprising and bewildering is that Talking Smack isn't in the top 10.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Sep 29, 2016

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
I could have told you that.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

AMReese posted:

I'm reminded of when Triple H told Hideo to go out there and let loose. I'm convinced that Hideo is just too humble to to just that, and it's holding him back. I think he needs to be matched against stiff opponents so he will be forced to go back to his old ways. Otherwise, he's just going to keep toeing the line instead of being what WWE hired him to be in the first place.

Get Kota, Akira, or Shinsuke in the ring with him. Hell, a one-off match with Cesaro or Sheamus would probably work. Just prevent him from acting so drat humble.

Nah, Hideo has just been poo poo the entire time he has been there and he's back now and even more uninspiring.

He's simply not very good.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

NXT is suffering from having its roster decimated. You lost the four horse women (plus Alexa and Nia), you lost Sami, Owens, Neville, Finn, Enzo and Cass, I guess Gargano and Ciampa, probably Joe in the near future

The specials are absolutely awesome but there's not too much top talent to bring me (and I'm sure others) in for the weeklies anymore.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
And then taking one of the highlights of the show in Nakamura off the show for a few weeks doesn't help.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

He wasn't exactly lighting up the ring in his weekly TV matches, frankly.

Has Big Dave said anything one way or the other about Joe getting called up? People seem to assume he's going but to me he seems like he has more upside as an NXT guy. Regardless, cards post-Joe seem pretty bleak. Nakamura / Roode isn't exactly a dream match. If Roddy has signed they need to get him in there.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

With the CWC over I'm assuming NXT viewership will pick back up.

I think this is a big culprit, and would want to see some results in a month or two before drawing conclusions.

They have lost a number of stars, but it seems like the Tag Classic is a good way to introduce some of the additional Cruiserweight talent in to the general NXT shows.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Yeah with my favorites gone, I don't watch NXT on Wednesdays anymore. I'll go back and check it out if I hear something interesting happened, and I'm still interested in Nakamura or Revival matches, but overall my interest is focused on Smackdown and Talking Smack right now.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

AMReese posted:

idk he sure wasn't humble when he was beating the poo poo out of rookies in the NOAH dojo and making them all quit the company lol

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I used to watch nxt every week as the lead-in for the cwc but since it ended I haven't felt any need to tune in. Maybe I crave 2 or 3 hour blocks of wrestling

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/781530932700471296

Hell yeah

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

rovert posted:

There's a lot of high level indie women at the WWE tryouts today supposedly.

Lovelace, Kimber Lee, Baszler, Savoy

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/article/shayna-baszler-eddie-kingston-attend-wwe-tryout

Nicole Savoy should be a no brainer take.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/article/shayna-baszler-eddie-kingston-attend-wwe-tryout

Edit: link beaten

So yeah...nervous for my three buddies at the tryout!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

unless Savoy or Lovelace has a rep for complete immaturity I've never heard before if they don't sign them I have no idea what they're even looking for

• Locked thread