Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Remember at the DNC when Clinton delegates had marching orders to join in on black lives matter chants but were told to shout Hil-la-ry over chants of "No more war"? Cool stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Code Jockey posted:

The law and order thing was funny too because at one point his brain just seemed to lock up and he just kind of kept saying law and order, not actually qualifying what it meant in any way

Secret police.

FaradayCage posted:

A frequent criticism leveraged against him is that he doesn't have actual solutions. Just the results of them. "America bad? Make it great!"

I think "stop and frisk" was used specifically because he could argue by use of cherry-picked facts that it was effective, despite being politically incorrect or "racist".

It's like his policy of banning all Muslim immigration, but with more nuance and dog-whistling.

*banning some Muslim immigration.

Obviously the Gypsy King Trump is going to let in all the Saudis he owes money to.

Gamer With Dignity fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Sep 29, 2016

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
heh. dems are scum

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Didn't know this many goons were Hillary supporters

we're everywhere motherfucker

side note: i was pretty much the only person at my old job and my new job who supported Hillary even during the primaries. people were even more shocked back then. as if you win an election without getting a majority of votes.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I was leaning towards Trump before the debate and now I'm pretty certain I will not be voting for Trump.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
If Hillary is elected Obama will get the TPP through Congress and then she will accept it as part of Obama's legacy (which is her only voter mandate) even though she "opposes it."

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Obama's legacy lmao

"Obama: Would be 'personal insult' to legacy if black voters don't back Clinton"

Oceanlife
Oct 6, 2008

Haha, nice one Punchy

a bone to pick posted:

I was leaning towards Trump before the debate and now I'm pretty certain I will not be voting for Trump.

Are you in a swing state cuz if not who cares about your vote

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I've been reading a surprising amount of "If you dont love Hillary you hate women" articles and I'm on the verge of getting and staying drunk through December.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

a bone to pick posted:

Ignore the guy above. Someone should actually commend you for being able to use your brain and update your rationality. Good job!

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

CharlestonJew posted:

Hillary will win the nobel peace prize in the first hour of her presidency

Hillary will become such a civilization-defining figure that future calendars will mark the years as occurring either B.H. or A.H.

lushka16
Apr 8, 2003

Doctor of Love
College Slice

InterFaced posted:

I've been reading a surprising amount of "If you dont love Hillary you hate women" articles and I'm on the verge of getting and staying drunk through December.

I've been reading a surprising amount of "you don't like Hillary because she's a woman" articles, which I believe is a slightly different but very important difference. I happen to strongly agree that there is a segment of the voting population that struggles with female authority figures.

My [female] partner works in a position of authority and struggles with this, despite working on an open minded and academic environment. To me it's a real issue and it paints my viewpoint.

Here's an article I liked: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/larry-womack/stop-pretending-you-dont-_b_12191766.html

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I loving hate that article and I'm voting for Hillary but whatever. I guess my point is they're not just happy with my vote, I'm supposed to LOVE this politician just because trump is unbelievably lovely.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

InterFaced posted:

I loving hate that article and I'm voting for Hillary but whatever. I guess my point is they're not just happy with my vote, I'm supposed to LOVE this politician just because trump is unbelievably lovely.

To be fair, you're only supposed to do that if you read those articles.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I think it's amusing when people/articles imply that people who don't support hillary automatically support trump, like oh you say this about her? what about your guy,

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Cnut the Great posted:

Hillary will become such a civilization-defining figure that future calendars will mark the years as occurring either B.H. or A.H.

Hillary's presidency will be so influential that the position shall be retitled to Hillary, eventually resulting in an inverse scenario where a man makes history by finally becoming the first male Hillary.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Code Jockey posted:

I think it's amusing when people/articles imply that people who don't support hillary automatically support trump, like oh you say this about her? what about your guy,

Yeah that's what frustrates me I guess. I remember her general slimy/shittyness from the 08 election and how she stole sander's talking points over the summer and everything else. Sure maybe its just me being a sexist prick but she comes accross as a slimy greedy gently caress who will say anything to get elected and now thanks to the loving retard meltdown in the GOP I have to help her. I hate everything including myself. (this is why I read those articles)

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

InterFaced posted:

Yeah that's what frustrates me I guess. I remember her general slimy/shittyness from the 08 election and how she stole sander's talking points over the summer and everything else. Sure maybe its just me being a sexist prick but she comes accross as a slimy greedy gently caress who will say anything to get elected and now thanks to the loving retard meltdown in the GOP I have to help her. I hate everything including myself. (this is why I read those articles)

Just don't vote.

I think that's a reasonable response to strongly disliking both candidates.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
To be fair, the party platform changing to accommodate a primary candidate who lost yet who still had a lot of voter support is pretty normal. If HRC didn't say anything about Bernie's talking points and the DNC didn't alter the platform to reflect Bernie's popularity then Bernie people would be just as mad except about how the DNC totally ignored their votes.

Shouldn't you be happy that she's at least paying lip service to pursuing those things as opposed to 'Bernie lost that's that we're ignoring everything he said?'

lushka16
Apr 8, 2003

Doctor of Love
College Slice

InterFaced posted:

I don't know if you're referring to the link that I posted but my reading of it isn't that you should love Hillary, it's that people hate her for the wrong reasons. There are perfectly good reasons to hate her, but the ones that opponents tend to cite are not grounded in those reasons.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

lushka16 posted:

I don't know if you're referring to the link that I posted but my reading of it isn't that you should love Hillary, it's that people hate her for the wrong reasons. There are perfectly good reasons to hate her, but the ones that opponents tend to cite are not grounded in those reasons.

Fair enough. I guess I'm reading things through different and possibly more valid hate goggles.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

I was recently reminded that her 08 election shittiness was that she was pessimistically realistic, arguing that Obama's hope and change attitude and desire for bipartisan cooperation would fail because special interest groups would not ever cooperate or even come to the table. Turns out she was completely right, we just weren't in the mood for it after surviving so many bleak years in the bush.

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah as a bernie bro I want her to pivot to the left, my problem is she's unconvincing as gently caress to me when I hear her discuss things like inequality and I don't really see her pursuing issues like that with gusto when she's got the power

The Laughing Man
Sep 21, 2016

by WE B Boo-ourgeois

Moon Atari posted:

I was recently reminded that her 08 election shittiness was that she was pessimistically realistic, arguing that Obama's hope and change attitude and desire for bipartisan cooperation would fail because special interest groups would not ever cooperate or even come to the table. Turns out she was completely right, we just weren't in the mood for it after surviving so many bleak years in the bush.

Clinton played her part in being a foil for Obama's presidency to even happen and denying it is ludicrous republican pandering. Get Rekt.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

The Laughing Man posted:

Clinton played her part in being a foil for Obama's presidency to even happen and denying it is ludicrous republican pandering. Get Rekt.

The gently caress does any of that mean?

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

Boner Zone posted:

Yeah as a bernie bro I want her to pivot to the left, my problem is she's unconvincing as gently caress to me when I hear her discuss things like inequality and I don't really see her pursuing issues like that with gusto when she's got the power

Yeah that's definitely understandable.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

a bone to pick posted:

Could you elaborate on your thought process, when you were leaning Trump?

I'm seriously obsessed with trying to comprehend what people, who vote Trump, expect to happen. Like seriously obsessed, in an unhealthy way. help.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
They expect america to be great again bro

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I don't like Hillary but I dislike Trump even more :shrug:

The Laughing Man
Sep 21, 2016

by WE B Boo-ourgeois
Trump is a lovely actor but a lousy president or even academic debater, he's basically a robot with no overlaying context that only knows how to be insulting. Alex Jones is a better president than Trump, at least then we'd kill some Reptilians, the ones pulling the strings.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Instead of shaming america for being mean to women we should shame america for entertaining trump this long.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

CharlestonJew posted:

Hillary will win the nobel peace prize in the first hour of her presidency

I could see this happening. She will have stopped the rise of the next Hitler in the eyes of most of the world. Only Trump would be worse than Hitler since Hitler didn't have nuclear arms... a mega-Hitler if you will.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
There comes a time when sane people gotta realize that putting the cartoon television man who has spent his long life aggressively loving over every single person he was able to, in the office of the President, is a pretty bad thing and maybe even if you don't like Clinton because, let's be honest, she's not very nice and not as cool as Bernio, the possibility of Trump actually winning is something to be prevented at all costs :shrug:

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Remember when he kept saying "your fired!" lol

im pretty sure he copyrighted it so people cant make fun of it now

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

NotWearingPants posted:

I could see this happening. She will have stopped the rise of the next Hitler in the eyes of most of the world. Only Trump would be worse than Hitler since Hitler didn't have nuclear arms... a mega-Hitler if you will.

This, but with Bernie as Neo-Stalin

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/the-choice-2016/ this was really good

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Could you elaborate on your thought process, when you were leaning Trump?

I'm seriously obsessed with trying to comprehend what people, who vote Trump, expect to happen. Like seriously obsessed, in an unhealthy way. help.

When he started his campaign he mentioned many times that we need to pull out of the middle east, made many remarks about being anti-war, wanted to crack down on H1B visa abuse, was anti-establishment, completely crushed the testicles of the GOP, Hillary supporters are loving terrible people, and had a lot of his ideas that resounded with me. I never believed a wall would ever be built.

Then he started talking about how "We should have taken the oil!" and "I would bomb the poo poo out them" and "women need to be punished for abortions" and a never-ending list of garbage poo poo that made me a bit apprehensive.

Then of course his dismal debate performance, which is so strange considering how badly he destroyed all his GOP opponents, was simply embarrassing to our nation.

I'm not your average Trump supporter because I was always apprehensive of him, basically my intense dislike for Hillary is why I was leaning Trump but at this point It's not even choosing between the lesser of 2 evils, Its choosing between somewhat competent and completely incoherent.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

or when the apprentice winner omarosa was being compared to us secretary of state condoleezza rice

spooky

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

I actually like Hillary now. It feels weird and 1984 ending-ish to arrive at this point. Maybe I've been swayed by propaganda, but pretty much all available information is somebody's propaganda. I've considered both the pro and anti hillary propaganda, from both right and left points of criticism, and decided I'm more down with the pro. With a few reservations and differences in policy preferences, but mostly positive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

You've always loved Hillary comrade and to imply otherwise is subversive.

• Locked thread