Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

never change, uli :allears:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
for some goddamn reason supermarkets over here can sell wine but no other alcohol. no beers, ciders or spirits. they have to build a little separate liquor store next to the main store it's bizarre

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

AtomD posted:

for some goddamn reason supermarkets over here can sell wine but no other alcohol. no beers, ciders or spirits. they have to build a little separate liquor store next to the main store it's bizarre

Gentlemanly God fearing christians drink wine in moderation. Degenerate drunks and alcoholics drink high gravity beers and liqour

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
malt liquor is only intended for the urban feral

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
i'm the high and tight reppin the east side

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

NoneMoreNegative posted:

kormaks basic meme ignorance has given me fremdschämen
its funny how timely it is.

Now humblebundle is going to be flagged by the ADL for being a bigot sympatheizer

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

AtomD posted:

you didn't mention the hostile takeover scenario where a supermarket chain will activately force out a liquor retailer in favour of their own brand

to be fair, when i moved up north and found out that i could boy booze on a sunday, that was a :woop: moment

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

lol

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it was a huge loving deal last year in Ontario when Loblaw's (big grocery chain) got a license to sell beer

they can only sell it until 9pm or something and you have to go through one of the specially designated checkout lines where the cashier has the certification to sell booze, but even that was a big step forwards

luckily i grew up near enough to quebec that you could just hop in the car and drive to the first dep across the border and load up on everything you wanted for cheap from an angry smoking french guy.

except cider. it's illegal to sell alcoholic cider in quebec for some reason. canada is strange.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

malt liquor is only intended for the urban feral

schlitz will always remind me of this long, long, long shaggy-dog joke/story that my grandfather used to tell about a baseball pitcher named Mel Famey who usually swore off alcohol before his games but then one time that he drank he kept missing the plate and walked four runners all the way around the bases and lost the game, and from then on, the beer he drank that night was known to the opposing team as The Beer That Made Mel Famey Walk Us.

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Sep 29, 2016

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
i didn't choose the gamer life

the gamer life chose me

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
quick reminder: alcohol is a scourge and the shame of a nation

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i didn't choose the gamer life

the gamer life chose me

and yet in not one of them did he choose to be a sexy lady

shameful

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Sagebrush posted:

shameful

how do you know that thing wasn't made by a grrrl gamer?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

girls have more self-awareness than that image implies

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Sagebrush posted:

shameful

does this count

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Sagebrush posted:

girls have more self-awareness than that image implies

look at this fake gamer girl poster

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Stymie posted:

quick reminder: alcohol is a scourge and the shame of a nation

proud to be a part of the destruction of planet earth

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

abraham linkedin posted:

edc people are fuckin weird

*pulls top out of 511s*

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

atomicthumbs posted:

*pulls top out of 511s*

i have a top that uses an instrument-grade ruby for a contact point

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

DrPossum posted:

state run liquor stores are a loving pain in the rear end and supporting them is supporting the puritanical authoritarian shitdicks who put them there. also gently caress your state if you can't buy booze before noon on Sundays.

im angry about alcohol

we are also forbidden from buying booze before eight a.m. the rest of the week

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

Radio Paranoia posted:

you didn't mention the hostile takeover scenario where a supermarket chain will activately force out a liquor retailer in favour of their own brand

to be fair, when i moved up north and found out that i could boy booze on a sunday, that was a :woop: moment

i want 24h liquor stores tbh

i want to type "/brandy" in a chat window to have a drone deliver a bottle of klipdrift premium

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

AtomD posted:

i want 24h liqour stores tbh

24/7 bars are cooler

accidentally drinking until dawn rules

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
most liquor stores here close at 11pm or midnight which is fine.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

AtomD posted:

i want 24h liquor stores tbh

:same:

takealot does booze delivery now so wer're halfway there. i remember the days when you had to call a guy who knew a guy to get booze delivery. the internet owns

basically i just need a wfh deal and i'll never leave the house

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

BANME.sh posted:

most liquor stores here close at 11pm or midnight which is fine.

rude!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
the liquor store next door to my building closes at 9pm (10 on fri/sat) and it's always funy watchin people roll up at like 9:15 and get all pissed off in the parking lot

tinydogge likes to sit on the balcony and watch them

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

does this count

its a huge statement against the games industry that these images all fit together so well

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the liquor store next door to my building closes at 9pm (10 on fri/sat) and it's always funy watchin people roll up at like 9:15 and get all pissed off in the parking lot

tinydogge likes to sit on the balcony and watch them

i have one at the end of my street that closes whenever business starts to slow. I've been denied walking beers at 8 pm more than once

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Cat Face Joe posted:

its a huge statement against the games industry that these images all fit together so well

i'm just sad that dark souls is in there

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Radio Paranoia posted:

i'm just sad that dark souls is in there

much like video games, dark souls is bad

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
http://i.imgur.com/4p5GgOE.gifv

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Cat Face Joe posted:

much like video games, dark souls is bad

actually, dark souls is good

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Radio Paranoia posted:

u wot m8

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Radio Paranoia posted:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/541298222044819456

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

story of my life

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

prefect posted:

it's like martyr, but spelled wrong

he changed it to martyr later on to try and ditch it from that handle lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Sagebrush posted:

schlitz will always remind me of this long, long, long shaggy-dog joke/story that my grandfather used to tell about a baseball pitcher named Mel Famey who usually swore off alcohol before his games but then one time that he drank he kept missing the plate and walked four runners all the way around the bases and lost the game, and from then on, the beer he drank that night was known to the opposing team as The Beer That Made Mel Famey Walk Us.

• Locked thread