Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

mabels big day posted:

Why would you even make a musou with less than 20 characters.

Depends, Hyrule Warriors had less than 20 at launch but they were all very distinctive and played differently. Of course there's like a loving hundred or something now but

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Depends, Hyrule Warriors had less than 20 at launch but they were all very distinctive and played differently. Of course there's like a loving hundred or something now but

I don't even remember how many it had at launch. Not 20 exactly, but you get what I mean. 8's too few for a series with so many memorable characters like Berserk.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Man, it is actually less than Ken's Rage (9, 10 with Outlaw) and Pirate Warriors (13) yikes.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I don't mind 8 characters, but not having Skull Knight or Grunbeld? :cmon:

Also, do the 3 versions of Guts, and 2 versions of Griffith count for the character total?

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Neo_Crimson posted:

I don't mind 8 characters, but not having Skull Knight or Grunbeld? :cmon:

Also, do the 3 versions of Guts, and 2 versions of Griffith count for the character total?

I'm pretty sure that's not how it's being counted, but lol at the rage that would froth forth if out of all the possible characters they could have picked that aren't Griffith or Guts, one of the three was Wyald.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Josuke Higashikata posted:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/09/26/berserk-and-the-band-of-the-hawk-interview-producer-talks-gameplay-frame-rate-violence-and-more/

8 playable characters are all we're getting in Berserk Musou, so no Skully.
It runs at 30FPS on all platforms, they don't know about PC fps. Dismemberment doesn't seem to be getting added in the West.

Hype gone.

This is a huge bummer. Could of sworn I saw screens of a playable Femto, or is that a transformation of Griffith?

And yeah I was initially indifferent to Wyald's inclusion but now that we know the roster is so small it's a real head-scratcher. So is Judeau, who is all around cool and good unlike Wyald but still, why? I was expecting an obscene roster that included the whole Band of the Hawk, and the Neo Band of the Hawk too. I was specifically led to believe this because of how loving niche Wyald was.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
OK, so the ones we know of are...

* Guts (Golden Age).
* Guts (Black Swordsman).
* Griffith (Golden Age).
* Griffith (Femto).
* Casca (Golden Age).
* Judeau (Golden Age).
* Zodd (Golden Age).
* Wyald (Golden Age).
* Serpico (Falconia).
* Schierke (Falconia).

That's ten, or eight if you count all the Gutses and Griffiths as two characters. So the only other potential option I'm thinking of is Zodd (Falconia), plus maybe a Neo-Hawk as DLC. Apart from that, think that's all we'll get.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Deified Data posted:

This is a huge bummer. Could of sworn I saw screens of a playable Femto, or is that a transformation of Griffith?

And yeah I was initially indifferent to Wyald's inclusion but now that we know the roster is so small it's a real head-scratcher. So is Judeau, who is all around cool and good unlike Wyald but still, why? I was expecting an obscene roster that included the whole Band of the Hawk, and the Neo Band of the Hawk too. I was specifically led to believe this because of how loving niche Wyald was.

I wanted to swing Pippin's hammer around like crazy :(

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

OK, so the ones we know of are...

* Guts (Golden Age).
* Guts (Black Swordsman).
* Griffith (Golden Age).
* Griffith (Femto).
* Casca (Golden Age).
* Judeau (Golden Age).
* Zodd (Golden Age).
* Wyald (Golden Age).
* Serpico (Falconia).
* Schierke (Falconia).

That's ten, or eight if you count all the Gutses and Griffiths as two characters. So the only other potential option I'm thinking of is Zodd (Falconia), plus maybe a Neo-Hawk as DLC. Apart from that, think that's all we'll get.

There's also Berserker Armor Guts, and I think there was a screenshot of a playable Farnese?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Neo_Crimson posted:

There's also Berserker Armor Guts, and I think there was a screenshot of a playable Farnese?

Several characters get transformations as in-battle special moves. Zodd and Wyald go Apostle, Femto goes Godhand, and Black Swordsman Guts goes Berserker. I don't think we ever saw a playable Farnese - unless they went super-recent, what would her moveset even be?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

We've had trailers specifically for a Guts variant/Berserker Armour Guts, Griffith, Femto is confirmed playable but I haven't seen any video for him. Zodd, Judeau, Wyald, Serpico and Schierke have had videos too. I may have missed a Guts one too that shows difference between Black Swords/GA versions, I can't say.

If there's 8 characters, that means the Guts/Griffith variants are under one umbrella, so there may be more flavours to Zodd and at a push Schierke.

I know that this game is really a play as Guts and some of his buddies but mainly Guts thing, but there really should be a deeper roster than that. Hopefully something was lost in translation or whatever.

Wyald but no Skull Knight, just what the hell.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

We've had trailers specifically for a Guts variant/Berserker Armour Guts, Griffith, Femto is confirmed playable but I haven't seen any video for him. Zodd, Judeau, Wyald, Serpico and Schierke have had videos too. I may have missed a Guts one too that shows difference between Black Swords/GA versions, I can't say.

If there's 8 characters, that means the Guts/Griffith variants are under one umbrella, so there may be more flavours to Zodd and at a push Schierke.

I know that this game is really a play as Guts and some of his buddies but mainly Guts thing, but there really should be a deeper roster than that. Hopefully something was lost in translation or whatever.

Here's the video for Femto/Griffith the Hawk of Light (second half, first half is Golden Age Griffith). We haven't seen his Godhand form in action yet, but I believe it's been confirmed as a transformation, much like Berserker Armour Guts (which we saw transforming from Black Swordsman Guts).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCtjWzA_MhA

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Whoops, checked again, and yeah, the version of Guts that goes Berserker has a different base model and different moveset. So yeah, I guess we do have three versions of Guts, bringing us up to eleven characters. Falconia Zodd will also be in the game, but I don't know whether he'll be a separate character, an unlockable skin, or an NPC.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
the anime series and game are just cash ins unfortunately. berserk deserves better

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

wow this thread seems to really hate Wyald

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

I've seen a screenshot of Farnese, too. Are we absolutely certain we only have 8 characters?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Hahaha that Wyald edit is amazing, how have I never seen that before

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Here's the video for Femto/Griffith the Hawk of Light (second half, first half is Golden Age Griffith). We haven't seen his Godhand form in action yet, but I believe it's been confirmed as a transformation, much like Berserker Armour Guts (which we saw transforming from Black Swordsman Guts).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCtjWzA_MhA

oh hey, they JUST posted the Femto video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGDdtr0RdcQ

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Watching the video, Wyald actually looks like a lot of fun to play as.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

U-DO Burger posted:

wow this thread seems to really hate Wyald

Ahahaha, perfect.

And like I said, I think Wyald's more of an odd choice just because, like, he seems like someone you pull out when running out of B-list characters to add to a full roster, not someone you put into a really light roster, but at the same time since the game seems to be mostly focused on earlier stuff, Serpico and Schierke aside, I'm still thinking he's a boss they made playable. The thing I'm wondering now is what the game will cover and contain, since most of what we've seen is Golden Age and early Black Swordsman stuff, but then we also get Serpico with his magic stuff and Schierke. Are we going to have a really content-light coverage of the latter half of that, or what?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Deified Data posted:

I've seen a screenshot of Farnese, too. Are we absolutely certain we only have 8 characters?

Read the interview. That's what the interview says so that's what we have to go on.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I'd be okay with a low number of playable characters for the first game if they go the distance of making each of the arcs good and spent time trying to recreate the Manga in their own way. Sure, I want to be Skull Knight really loving bad, but if this is meant to be more of a decent single player retelling of Berserk than fine. Dazzle me with story cutscenes as I cut a billion demons into pieces.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That movie shows Griffith changing into Femto, so I assume Griffith/Femto and Guts/Berserker Guts are counted as one character each and there's some mechanism to change between forms during stages.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Also I think they showed footage of early not even in the band of the hawk yet Guts storming a castle with his OG helmet and scarf, so they might be putting the most effort in variations of Guts and Griffith throughout the years.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Does Wyald get to tear people limb from limb with his bare hands, and get to use his transformed... ahem... tool because it would certainly be fitting for the character.

Berserk game, next addition will be Luca or Roderick. :razz:

Edit: It seems there are lots of exciting :tizzy:-inducing choices. "Berserk: Nina's Revenge", "Now with Puck Spark!", and so forth.

PhantomOfTheCopier fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Sep 29, 2016

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Just realized we're getting Wyald but not Isidro. I was certain he'd be included.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://www.reddit.com/r/Berserk/comments/54y7jb/comprehensive_list_of_guidebook_character/

For the first time, as far as I know, Guts and co have had ages given, heights and weights.

Notably, Guts is 6'8 and 18stone (204cm 115kg) and all three main characters are 24, even though Griffith reads like he has several years on Casca during her back story in the GA. Maybe it was an error because it was so long ago, it may be hard for him to recall

Farnese is only 19 and Rickert is 19 too.

It also has modern Guts dwarfing Pippin in height.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Sep 29, 2016

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Mozgus is loving huge.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

https://www.reddit.com/r/Berserk/comments/54y7jb/comprehensive_list_of_guidebook_character/

For the first time, as far as I know, Guts and co have had ages given, heights and weights.

Notably, Guts is 6'8 and 18stone (204cm 115kg) and all three main characters are 24, even though Griffith reads like he has several years on Casca during her back story in the GA. Maybe it was an error because it was so long ago, it may be hard for him to recall

Farnese is only 19 and Rickert is 19 too.

It also has modern Guts dwarfing Pippin in height.

I'm pretty sure they've mentioned ages, at least for Guts because I distinctly remember being surprised at some point that someone who looked like that was only in his mid-20's.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Awesome Welles posted:

Hahaha that Wyald edit is amazing, how have I never seen that before

well, I made it this morning, so

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
How many years has it been since the Eclipse now? Because the main cast read as teenagers to me in the Golden Age arc, particularly the early bits.

EDIT: Wait, Roderick is twenty-seven? Dang, dude, robbing the cradle much?

Darth Walrus fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Sep 29, 2016

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Jesus Christ I thought Guts was like 6'3''-6'5''. Does this make Dragonslayer over 7 feet long? :stare:

Pleiades
Aug 20, 2006
I think a lot of that is inaccurate. However, I think Griffith is pretty close(I had him pegged at 5"9) and so is Casca. Others? I dunno.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

U-DO Burger posted:

well, I made it this morning, so

That makes sense :v:

Jimmybob
Mar 7, 2005
Isidoro is 14 and he's only 4'3"? Jesus, kid needs to hit a growth spurt already.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Jimmybob posted:

Isidoro is 14 and he's only 4'3"? Jesus, kid needs to hit a growth spurt already.

well i mean he's an orphan who's been living in poverty most of his life, that isn't exactly conducive

Jimmybob
Mar 7, 2005

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

well i mean he's an orphan who's been living in poverty most of his life, that isn't exactly conducive

I don't even think the north koreans are that short, are they?

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks

Crabtree posted:

I'd be okay with a low number of playable characters for the first game if they go the distance of making each of the arcs good and spent time trying to recreate the Manga in their own way. Sure, I want to be Skull Knight really loving bad, but if this is meant to be more of a decent single player retelling of Berserk than fine. Dazzle me with story cutscenes as I cut a billion demons into pieces.

At this point the story cutscenes are what I'm looking forward to most, they are the more memorable aspects of the Ken's Rage musos. The short cast is okay for what it is, but I would love some expanded sections where we get to fight as Skull Knight against Zodd, then an army of demons as he saves Guts and Caska. The thought of running through the eclipse sort of like the bike sequences from Bayonetta would be rad as hell.

I would have thought that Silat might have been a playable character considering his characters role in the world and his unique fighting style. Fighting with Urumi and chakram's could be great, especially for goofy musou. Or Azan, smashing goons over the head with a big hammer while preaching KNIGHTS HONOR :byodood:

snickothemule fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Oct 4, 2016

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, Silat is the minor character I was expecting to get, since he's still had (admittedly minor) ongoing importance and was in the time period that's mostly being covered from what I can tell, plus he has a fighting style unique from everyone else in the series.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Oct 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I'm older than Guts, that doesn't seem right. He looks at least 10 years my senior.

Also maybe they included Wylad because he's been left out of all the anime adaptions.