Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Improbable Lobster posted:

I think Vaniluxe should have a gun

Agreed. I'm raising one right now, actually, named MilliVanilli.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Gumshoos should be able to fuse with Aloan Clawitzer to create the greatest pokemon

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

The Lord of Hats posted:

Played my first match on Pokémon Showdown and won it! :3:

Florges owns, Mega Aerodactyl owns, Pangoro doesn't precisely own but is at least reasonably good, having Stealth Rock and Spikes on two pokemon with shared weaknesses is kind of questionable in retrospect and I probably want to at least run Explosion on Forretress! :toot:

wow, 100 percent win rate, never battle again so you can keep being the best

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I just read its pokedex entry and apparently Breloom doesn't beat its opponents to death with its tiny little stub arms, but actually stretches them??? this is loving bullshit

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Sep 30, 2016

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

jarbv posted:

When are they going to have pokemon that produce items like leftovers or moomoo milk?

Pickup

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

cheetah7071 posted:

I just read its pokedex entry and apparently Breloom doesn't beat its opponents to deth with its tiny little stub arms, but actually stretches them??? this is loving bullshit

:stare:

That is amazing.

I think I need a Breloom.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

How does it stretch its opponents, with those little stump arms?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It stretches its arms which is bullshit and makes it way worse

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that's good actually

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
There was a 2D indie Pokemon fighting game called Pokemon Type Wild that used Breloom like this.

Example, I couldn't find a video without commentary.

EDIT: Found one without commentary. They use the player 2 color, which is not the shiny color for Breloom, but it should be.

PSWII60 fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Sep 30, 2016

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

shiny fall breloom is the best shiny

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Brelooms tiny little arms stretch in their XY physical attack animation as well

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i didnt know about breloom's stretchy arms either but that actually makes me like it more

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Breloom is my #1 favorite Pokemon and its stretchy punchy arms are just one of many reasons. He is the Monkey D. Luffy of Pokemon.

Has there ever been a good Breloom fight in the anime? He should get his own movie.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Breloom is my favorite too but a large part of that was picturing it punching things with stubby, non-stretching arms

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

breloom standing perfectly motionless while its weird stretchy arms shoot out like rockets to knock people out is way better than any other option

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Manatee Cannon posted:

breloom standing perfectly motionless while its weird stretchy arms shoot out like rockets to knock people out is way better than any other option

Do you mean Android 16 style shooting hands?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

pik_d posted:

Do you mean Android 16 style shooting hands?

come on grandpa, we're obvs talking about Culverin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEK_OQyq_1M&t=56s

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

i command my pokemon with my conqueror's haki

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
One Piss

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

PSWII60 posted:

There was a 2D indie Pokemon fighting game called Pokemon Type Wild that used Breloom like this.

Example, I couldn't find a video without commentary.

EDIT: Found one without commentary. They use the player 2 color, which is not the shiny color for Breloom, but it should be.
Holy moly, they straight-up murder Gengar.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Pentaro posted:

Holy moly, they straight-up murder Gengar.

u can't murder a ghost that makes no sense

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Forever will I ponder if they made it intentional so that Clefairy and Gengar have pretty much the exact same silhouette

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Alright, fucker, I've had enough.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

own piece

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Bad Piece

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

oddium posted:

come on grandpa, we're obvs talking about Culverin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEK_OQyq_1M&t=56s

16 would kick that punks rear end even with half his face blown off

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

pik_d posted:

16 would kick that punks rear end even with half his face blown off

regardless of your bizarre and misplaced dislike of shounen and literary masterpiece One Piece, 16 was a jobber and luffy is a protagonist so the latter automatically wins

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Countblanc posted:

regardless of your bizarre and misplaced dislike of shounen and literary masterpiece One Piece, 16 was a jobber and luffy is a protagonist so the latter automatically wins

Protagonists lose to idiot jobbers all the time, esp. if its their first encounter.

Raditz killed Goku and he was so weak they could grow tiny little aliens who were stronger. Also Yamcha beat Goku.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Zore posted:

Protagonists lose to idiot jobbers all the time, esp. if its their first encounter.

Raditz killed Goku and he was so weak they could grow tiny little aliens who were stronger. Also Yamcha beat Goku.

Raditz didn't kill Goku, Piccolo killed Goku, finally fulfilling his promise to his dead father, and then proceeded to kidnap Goku's son and become a better dad for him than Goku ever was.

Yamcha also didn't beat Goku, he had to run away the moment he saw a girl, and Goku was starving at the time. The moment Goku ate, Yamcha took his rightful place as someone who gets beaten up repeatedly.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I know this might be an unpopular opinion but yamcha was always my favorite pokemon

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
if people can post laundry lists of nicknames for pages on end then i can take precious few moments to explain the grace of Oda's master creation

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I was serious, friend

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
I recently finished a new playthrough on Blue and got a weird team going since I wanted to raise pokemon I've never used before. Got Raticate, Wigglytuff, Lickitung, Persian, Tauros, and Dewgong.

It was a surprisingly effective team. Also Pokemon Stadium 2 is still the superior way in playing those games with my near infinite supply of TMs and stat boosting drugs.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Countblanc posted:

if people can post laundry lists of nicknames for pages on end then i can take precious few moments to explain the grace of Oda's master creation

i won't stop you

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i once had a dream that i was going to marry boa hancock

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

sharrrk posted:

i once had a dream that i was going to marry boa hancock

greetings, Monkey D. Luffy

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Houle posted:

I recently finished a new playthrough on Blue and got a weird team going since I wanted to raise pokemon I've never used before. Got Raticate, Wigglytuff, Lickitung, Persian, Tauros, and Dewgong.

It was a surprisingly effective team. Also Pokemon Stadium 2 is still the superior way in playing those games with my near infinite supply of TMs and stat boosting drugs.

There's few surprises there. Tauros was the best Pokemon without Mew in it's name in Gen I, and Persian wasn't too far behind.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Dexie posted:

There's few surprises there. Tauros was the best Pokemon without Mew in it's name in Gen I, and Persian wasn't too far behind.

Body Slam/Earthquake/Blizzard/Hyper Beam Taurus was the most terrifying non-Ubers set in RBY back in the day. He had no real counters whatsoever. Maybe Starmie, but barely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Body Slam/Earthquake/Blizzard/Hyper Beam Taurus was the most terrifying non-Ubers set in RBY back in the day. He had no real counters whatsoever. Maybe Starmie, but barely.

He had a few checks. Cloyster and Snorlax could do a reasonably okay job of handling him.