Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
happy birthday google

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

google did not emerge screaming from a vagina. it does not get to have birthdays.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

duTrieux. posted:

google did not emerge screaming from a vagina. it does not get to have birthdays.

Corporations are people, mother Fucker.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

not true. i have a birthday, and i walked out of the sea foam fully-formed

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Sagebrush posted:

not true. i have a birthday, and i walked out of the sea foam fully-formed

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it was a reference to the birth of Aphrodite but i guess pbf works too

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Pbf is the best

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

duTrieux. posted:

Macduff would like a word regicide

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
:golgo:
got a chipped visa debit card from my bank. android pay says they support all credit cards and visa-only debit cards from bank. tried to add card, it doesn't work. Called bank, they said android pay is a huge tire fire and such a huge source of fraud that they've blocked it on debit cards until google gets their poo poo together

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Tatsujin posted:

got a chipped visa debit card from my bank. android pay says they support all credit cards and visa-only debit cards from bank. tried to add card, it doesn't work. Called bank, they said android pay is a huge tire fire and such a huge source of fraud that they've blocked it on debit cards until google gets their poo poo together

Never had a problem or heard anyone else say this OP. I wager your bank is a POS who don't play well with others.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Tatsujin posted:

Smythe posted:

Never had a problem or heard anyone else say this OP. I wager your bank is a POS who don't play well with others.
the state of banking in the us makes both of these scenarios equally likely

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

my chipped credit card works great with apple pay op

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

Endless Mike posted:

my chipped credit card works great with apple pay op

just added my new chipped visa debit card and it was too easy

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

have you considered your bank is a piece of poo poo op?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

if someone steals your android tablet all they have to do is log in as a guest and you can't do anything about it

wyoak posted:

Is there a way to disable Guest accounts on a Lollipop tablet (or Marshmallow for that matter) without rooting? It seems remarkably stupid that if someone walks away with a tablet I can't lock them out from using it, so I feel like I must be missing something. Android Device Manager also doesn't work when the guest account is logged in, which also seems really really dumb. Please tell me I'm just missing a setting somewhere.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Endless Mike posted:

if someone steals your android tablet all they have to do is log in as a guest and you can't do anything about it

don't worry, I'm sure they can't see any of your stuff because the file system is encry... oh right android. lol.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Endless Mike posted:

yeah it's real dumb

all we're doing is using them so hourly employees can do some training modules and they're super cheap so I'm not very worried about it (also it's not my money) but yeah

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
in general if someone has physical access to a device you can't stop them from wiping and using it as if it were a new one.

though i'm sure some vendors would love it if they could lock you out of your phone and force you to buy a new one if you ever typo'd your password three times in a row

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

samsungs explode with regular use

https://gizmodo.com/feds-beware-of-samsungs-exploding-washing-machines-1787197589

(TW: gizmodo)

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Jabor posted:

in general if someone has physical access to a device you can't stop them from wiping and using it as if it were a new one.

though i'm sure some vendors would love it if they could lock you out of your phone and force you to buy a new one if you ever typo'd your password three times in a row
True but I'd like the bar for installing new apps or disabling the "Find my Device" feature to be a little higher than "Lock tablet, push Guest button"

Even MDM only seems to affect the active profile

Axel Rhodes Scholar
May 12, 2001

Courage Reactor

Jabor posted:

the iphone activation lock thing keeps the device locked to your icloud account even through a DFU factory reset

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

samsung has declared jihad against the west

theyre trying to set up a caliphate of plastic electronics with lovely software

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

poty posted:

samsung has declared jihad against the west

theyre trying to set up a caliphate of plastic electronics with lovely software

loving Goldmine

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
google apps is now gsuite

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

anthonypants posted:

google apps is now gsuite

We created Google Apps to help people everywhere work and innovate together, so that your organisation can move faster and achieve more. Today, we're introducing a new name that better reflects this mission: G Suite.
Over the coming weeks, you'll see our new name and logo appear in familiar places, including the Admin console, Help Centre and on your invoice. G Suite is still the same all-in-one solution that you use every day, with the same powerful tools – Gmail, Docs, Drive and Calendar.
Thanks for being part of the journey that led us to G Suite. We're always improving our technology so it learns and grows with your team.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
GS unit

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Loving this free upgrade to the Suite

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i chipped my toof

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

jeez

wheat

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
where do you find the G suite?

is it in the G-spot :xd:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Mister Macys posted:

where do you find the G suite?

is it in the G-spot :xd:

just next to it :smug:

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

are products in the Logitech G suite part of the G Suite

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

gently caress you samsung

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

there was a stupid ad for some iot smartphone remote control your appliances poo poo going on my parents tv

it was like

*dude in hot springs* hmm just gonna turn on my washing machine *clicks button on smartphone*
*woman climbing a glacier* oh yea turning on my dishwasher *clicks button on smartphone*
*parachutist* gonna put the kettle on *clicks button on smartphone*

i guess the idea is that whatever brand should worm its way into my my mind but idk what it is lmao

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Endless Mike posted:

here's an official press shot of the google pixel chromephone running touchwiz

That looks like the Google Pixel Launcher, not Touchwiz.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

atomicthumbs posted:

That looks like the Google Pixel Launcher, not Touchwiz.

its a skinned touchwiz running on a stock google pixel using CmbGokuLaunch420

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
ay sundar hit dat big-rear end ramp!!!
G-SUITE!!

USSAr
Sep 16, 2007

Your a Commie
i can't wait for someone to open their Samsung refrigerator to find that everything inside has been cooked to perfection

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

USSAr posted:

i can't wait for someone to open their Samsung refrigerator to find that everything inside has been cooked to perfection

:swoon: my kinda fridge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Snapchat A Titty posted:

its a skinned touchwiz running on a stock google pixel using CmbGokuLaunch420

i use nova launcher on my nexus 4 because it provides something similar to the stock experience of android kitkat or w/e without having icons so huge i can only fit like three of them on the screen

• Locked thread