Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
Cleared a bunch of inactives from QGJ. Got space for 8.

Post your ID and get in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Doji Sekushi posted:

Post your ID and get in.

Please come. I need my dumb rng items.

doogle
May 24, 2003

We only have like an hour left on our tier 7 rancor which is at like 5%, I can invite people if you want to drop your guild to finish this thing for us.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

doogle posted:

We only have like an hour left on our tier 7 rancor which is at like 5%, I can invite people if you want to drop your guild to finish this thing for us.

For real come kill our rancor and get some free rewards.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Jibo posted:

For real come kill our rancor and get some free rewards.

I would, but being guild leader makes this difficult. Also, you need to be in a guild for 2 days to get raid rewards, which means switching won't get you rewards. However, I hope some people from IGD will still jump over and help...I would also recommend posting in the official forums or reddit to get some help.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
So did we make it?

Zone of Danger
Apr 21, 2010

General Probe posted:

So did we make it?

Missed by about 5%

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Mr. Neutron posted:

Some of the pvp stuff got datamined, there are level brackets, no faction restrictions(it seems), you can set a separate defensive squad and the rewards include raid gear.

Also, it seems scoring is based on enemy characters killed vs your surviving characters, rather than just win/loss, which might lead to slightly different squad comps and strategies.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
It sounds like a longer running version of gw, except every team you face will be a 100% maxed out death squad. It also sounds super ptw, so enjoy whales and gently caress off the rest of us.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Yeah, the 'pay to revive a dead character' idea is going to make it whale city. I hope they have second thoughts about that, or at least limit it to once per character per day or something.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
We didn't adopt Catte Butte's awful idea of FFA so he has reverted to giving everyone else the middle finger and doing as he pleases. I guess officers have carte blanche.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Dr. Venture posted:

We didn't adopt Catte Butte's awful idea of FFA so he has reverted to giving everyone else the middle finger and doing as he pleases. I guess officers have carte blanche.

Ugh, I literally have two options here. I can tell him to not, and hope he doesn't, or I can boot him. I guess I could demote him, but that really does nothing, except that he couldn't start raids...which he does sometimes when I'm not around, on the schedule I've put together.

He's an active player, and we haven't filled our empty spot yet, so, that would be 1200 guild coins we would no longer be getting a day.

Also, I'm going to make one of you assholes guild leader if you don't stop complaining. This poo poo is annoying.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Maybe Catte Butte should switch to QGJ, where he could run as many attempts as he wants?

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
I apologize, Mal. You're the last person I want to upset and I think you're doing a fine job. I'm just disappointed a goon would act this way because everyone else is outstanding.

two_step posted:

Maybe Catte Butte should switch to QGJ, where he could run as many attempts as he wants?

That seems fair considering they need the help. He can go be top dog over there rather than ruin our crowded gentleman's game.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
That might not be a bad idea for everyone at some point. Pretty much everyone who can pick good characters(I don't think I qualify, see cad, ns, ect) and output good raid damage might want to swap for a couple raids to 1) help them make sure it's getting finished and 2) get fat stacks of han shards and raid gear.

Also please no drama in a game I play while pooping tia.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

two_step posted:

Really recommend this. We actually don't need much help on T7 since we blew through our second one. We just got unlucky with some of our bigger guys not taking this attempt as seriously and ending up in a damage hole.

Even 1 person who can be a top damage dealer for T7 would be enough. We have a lot of noobs and like ~10 people who can do good damage so if you have a good T7 raid squad you're pretty much guaranteed top 10.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Doji Sekushi posted:

Post your ID and get in.

Sent you an ally invite (that's still the first step to getting a guild invite, right?) as eddo if you guys still have space. :)

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Jerkface posted:

Really recommend this. We actually don't need much help on T7 since we blew through our second one. We just got unlucky with some of our bigger guys not taking this attempt as seriously and ending up in a damage hole.

Even 1 person who can be a top damage dealer for T7 would be enough. We have a lot of noobs and like ~10 people who can do good damage so if you have a good T7 raid squad you're pretty much guaranteed top 10.

I actually mentioned this several times back when we were clearing T7 with ease, and you guys were really close to T7. Easy top rewards for people somewhere in the mid-top range of IGD. I'm tempted to switch guilds -- except that I don't want top rewards anymore. I mean, they're nice and all, but I'm back to having non raid purples as my primary bottleneck for gear (projectors, syringes, cuffs, guns, etc), and any time I do get enough raid pieces for something, I then have to farm up some mk3 callers or something stupid (or the projectors/syringes for a Furnace). Also Biggs needs 150 Syringes. What a loving rear end in a top hat.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
any chance I could get in QGJ? in goongand grand amy atm and getting bored with t5 raids all the drat time. I got about 4 full squads for use

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
We still have plenty of spots, look me or any other member up in the spreadsheet. I don't think you need to be accepted as a friend to request a guild invite, just make a friend request and then a guild request right after. Be sure to post you in game name here so we know it's not some rando.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Fenris13 posted:

We still have plenty of spots, look me or any other member up in the spreadsheet. I don't think you need to be accepted as a friend to request a guild invite, just make a friend request and then a guild request right after. Be sure to post you in game name here so we know it's not some rando.

If so I'm a moron and can't figure out how to send an invite request to a non-ally. :downs: I know they don't show up in the ally guilds tab of the Guild area yet. Either way, sent you one too.

Some goon guild please adopt me, I've been getting guild invite spam by some guy who really wants me to join "The Demolisher's." (Which I guess means you can send invites without being allies but damned if I can see how.)

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I think you go to ally request status, click on the ally and the guild request shows up there, but I am not 100% sure.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Fenris13 posted:

I think you go to ally request status, click on the ally and the guild request shows up there, but I am not 100% sure.

I think when I was digging around in there the buttons were grayed out and I assumed that was only to invite them to your own guild or something. :iiam:

Doesn't matter as much now though, thanks for taking me in!

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
New patch should be out for everyone now. In addition to what they said was added (https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/69338/game-update-9-28-2016) one of the swgoh.gg guys found all this stuff:

code:

Skills can now require a specific star level
    Recipes now can have craft requirement(s)
        This adds bunch of possibilities to what can now be required in any "recipe"
            could require number of character shards
            could require specific unit or combat type in your roster
            could require specific character
            could require character levels
            could require campaigns
            etc... lots of different requirement options
    Ships
        will use a new ship currency "SHIP_GRIND"
        will have its own XP "SHIP_XP_MATERIAL"
        there will be a home for ships
        there will be ship inventory
        there are slots for crew members
        will be like a unit so it has abilities, shards, stars, categories, alignments and power
            unit definition was updated to allow a list of crew members to be assigned
        Seems to have a droid slot
    Stat mods can now have a min gear tier for pip levels
    AI now uses a new value NUMBER_OF_ENEMIES_ALIVE instead of NUMBER_OF_TARGETS for its decision tree
    now tracking "excess damage" and "excess recovery"
    can now send UnitState updates to say a unit "has fled" and "max protection amount"
    can now put full characters as rewards for Reward Buckets (pretty much all loot tables, not just packs)
    campaigns
        possibility of some new kind of celebration when unlocking campaign missions
        can now have requirement for min number of owned units
        can now have requirement for min unit level allowed
        can now have requirement for min gear tier allowed
    new condition types for effects (ALLY_FLED, ENEMY_FLED, FLED, PERSISTENT_EFFECT_ADD_INSTANCE, PERSISTENT_EFFECT_REMOVE_INSTANCE)
    added support for gear tier levels 13-20 (1-12 already exist) (its the same color as tier 12 currently in default config)
    game events (new options for all events)
        can have a defensive squad size amount
        can have only specific "Entry Category Allowed" (max/min unit quanity, min unit level, min unity stars, min gear tier, specific categories (exclusion and inclusion))
        can have rank rewards
        can have its own reward preview (instead of using the mission defined one)
        time when reward are given
        time when rosters refresh
    Ally mails now include leader unit gear tier
    All mail messages seem to allow for different displays based on what type of mail it is.
    Event rewards can now be sent to your imbox (this is for support of events like the new squad tournament)
    Guild leaderboards or possibly your personal guild info are going to get some more info like the change of rankings

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
The urn for the update: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/69338/game-update-9-28-2016#latest

That table broke my mobile viewing btw.

Best defense squads?

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

WerrWaaa posted:

The urn for the update: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/69338/game-update-9-28-2016#latest

That table broke my mobile viewing btw.

Best defense squads?

I'm thinking about getting the team the rank 3 guy in this screenshot has: https://imgur.com/a/6Pdk4

(JKA, Rex, Fives, Sun Fac, Aayla) - could swap out someone like RG for SF probably

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Downloaded the update and the game isn't working now weee

:toot:

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

two_step posted:

I'm thinking about getting the team the rank 3 guy in this screenshot has

Holy mother those crystals! No wonder whales are swimming in +100 speed mods.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Field Mousepad posted:

Downloaded the update and the game isn't working now weee

:toot:

It was taking a long time to load, because it was downloading stuff. Just give it a few minutes, it should work

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Yeah it's working fine now. None of the new stuff is happening till tomorrow though, what a tease.

Karzon
Oct 15, 2002

SHIP_GRIND - at least they're honest!

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Heh, yeah. We will see what they are like but I am not optimistic.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Hey guys, save your energy tomorrow.

quote:

Sales, Packs and Doubledrops kick off in preparation for the upcoming Squad Tournament.
Players will receive DOUBLE DROPS on Light and Dark Hard battles, Mod Challenges and Cantina Battles! In addition, you will receive a 25% BONUS across all crystal packs in the store (one-time bonus for each pack)

e: client restart literally as I posted this...probably should have saved your energy today...

Pyraen
Feb 20, 2009
Can I get an invite to QGJ? Goongan has really died :(
Pyraen 987-414-488.
Also, are the still strange rules that you guys have about raiding?

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Pyraen posted:

Can I get an invite to QGJ? Goongan has really died :(
Pyraen 987-414-488.
Also, are the still strange rules that you guys have about raiding?

I've put a shout out in chat for an officer to get ya in, the only rule is dont do any damage for the first 12 hours of the raid, just send 1 poo poo character in to die against the guards. It puts you on the leaderboard and gives everyone a chance to get loot as sometimes the raids can end quickly otherwise

Edit: Dotymanx SA has invited you
We still got 5 spaces left for anyone else who wants in

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Sep 30, 2016

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

I haven't been able to get the game to start since the update :smith:

*edit* apparently it was waiting for me to bitch about it, because it just started fine.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Note that with double payouts for hard nodes but not regular ones it's better to hit hard nodes for gear even if you don't care about the character.

Edit: this only applies to nodes that are double the cost of the regular one you would have used.

trapt
Sep 21, 2010
Palp, B2, Wedge and now Tie Pilot and Shoretrooper...

It really feels like the past few characters are way better than 80-90% of the current roster.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

trapt posted:

It really feels like the past few characters are way better than 80-90% of the current roster.

Aside from the characters being flat out better, I think they reflect a change in how the company monetizes the game: characters, stars, ability materials, and even droids and money are now easy to come by, but gear gear is where they're really trying to put the screws to you to shell out money. Wedge's gear requirements are notoriously steep, and TIE fighter pilot/shoretrooper don't look like they're going to buck that trend (seriously, shoretrooper needs 400 carabanti sensor arrays; TFP's 150 syringes and 100 stun cuffs seem cheap by comparison).

Tied up in this is their insistence on adjusting the game's balance by introducing new characters rather than making incremental tweaks to old ones. AoE teams are too effective? Well we're not going to adjust their stats so they're not god tier, but hey, here's this guy that negates all of their advantages. He's now essential, so have fun chasing his gear requirements for six weeks until we toss in another character to counteract how overpowered this guy is or is overpowered in his own unique way and you're forced to start this whole process over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

trapt posted:

Geo Spy, Zam Wesell and Cody would beg to differ sir! And Wedge started out poo poo don't forget, he and Biggs got buffed at the same time.

But yea it's power creep, something to deal with in 100% of these types of games.

Spakstik posted:

Aside from the characters being flat out better, I think they reflect a change in how the company monetizes the game: characters, stars, ability materials, and even droids and money are now easy to come by, but gear gear is where they're really trying to put the screws to you to shell out money. Wedge's gear requirements are notoriously steep, and TIE fighter pilot/shoretrooper don't look like they're going to buck that trend (seriously, shoretrooper needs 400 carabanti sensor arrays; TFP's 150 syringes and 100 stun cuffs seem cheap by comparison).

Tied up in this is their insistence on adjusting the game's balance by introducing new characters rather than making incremental tweaks to old ones. AoE teams are too effective? Well we're not going to adjust their stats so they're not god tier, but hey, here's this guy that negates all of their advantages. He's now essential, so have fun chasing his gear requirements for six weeks until we toss in another character to counteract how overpowered this guy is or is overpowered in his own unique way and you're forced to start this whole process over again.

I agree on the gear reqs, but again, the new chars > old chars is something that is in 100% of these games. If they ONLY fix old characters and don't give you heavy reason to invest (buy) the new characters, the game dies since whales already had everyone maxed anyway. And to be fair, they DO rework old guys: JKA's overhaul made him not only top-tier, but helped against the dodge-heavy meta that was out there at the time.

oops wrong forum fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Sep 30, 2016