Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

henkman posted:

"comparing 2016 CLG to previous versions of CLG" when the most recent split they played was pretty middling

I still don't understand your point. The spring split was also in 2016 where they were number one. Even Reginald went as far as to say they were the best team then. Is your point that if you ignore all the times CLG did well, they only did poorly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

What if Jayce is the clown pick that everyone thinks is good but the worlds meta is actually: every team that picks Jayce loses???

RIP ROX?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
lmmmaaaooo

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
ladies and gentlemen, the best player IN THE WORLD, Smeb.

cerious
Aug 18, 2010

:dukedog:
Trying to invade graves lol

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The spirit of Kabum! Esports hangs heavy over Worlds.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Jerkface posted:

What if Jayce is the clown pick that everyone thinks is good but the worlds meta is actually: every team that picks Jayce loses???

RIP ROX?
:vince:

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Comin' from the school of the hard nox
We will not
Let outsiders violate our blocks

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Libertine posted:

NOX > ROX

Lox it down

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
This is my first time watching RONX Tigers. Is building bounties on the opposing team part of their strategy?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
lmfao im cryeing

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Safety Scissors posted:

I still don't understand your point. The spring split was also in 2016 where they were number one. Even Reginald went as far as to say they were the best team then. Is your point that if you ignore all the times CLG did well, they only did poorly?

Yeah, when evaluating a team you should definitely ignore their performance in the immediate past for how they performed six months ago on a meta that is 10 patches outdated.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Nice 69% chance to win

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
ROX is playing pretty disrespectfully and getting punished for it

I'm sure they'll win but they need to stop loving around

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Work Friend Keven posted:

lmfao im cryeing

general anime
Jan 8, 2013

by Lowtax
mother loving anx :rock:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Pro tip: Walk the length of the Equalizer to show maximum disrespect to pathetic, cowardly Korean toplaner

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
albux NOX luna baby

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The guy people expected to be the worst jungler at Worlds is running circles around who people thought was one of the top 2 junglers. Albus prob not going to win team fights but still :lol:

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

That ADC CS differential lol

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
PVPMangos is the Inori of the east

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
I just noticed that cs difference in the bot lane

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

this bard sux rear end

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now thats what I call a dive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
lol I guess it's actually worth broadcasting this

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Jerkface posted:

this bard sux rear end

This is what he gets for betraying the AP support covenant. :colbert:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Jerkface posted:

this bard sux rear end

I think he got 2 or 3 target bans so I think he's earning his place

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
That bard ult was embarrassingly bad

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Holy poo poo Pray ults the creep wave so that they have to fight under tower and die to the hits!!!!

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Libertine posted:

I think he got 2 or 3 target bans so I think he's earning his place

I legit think that's the first Brand ban I've seen since, like, Season 2 or 3?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

The difference in skill betewen Albus's jungler and their ADC is lol

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Crazy Larry posted:

Yeah, when evaluating a team you should definitely ignore their performance in the immediate past for how they performed six months ago on a meta that is 10 patches outdated.

Yeah lmfao

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Yeah, this game's done. PVPStejos did a good job of putting the fear of god into ROX but the rest of his team ain't the same caliber.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Shen walking the long way across the entire equalizer is FTW

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
pray clowning on kira is hilarious

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Albert Knocks i s extremely for the win.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Jerkface posted:

this bard sux rear end

Seriously I think I've legit seen better Bard ults in Bronze subwars of course thats vs bronze.

Also Pray is a god.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Crazy Larry posted:

poo poo, you totally got me. I forgot when mentioning considering all of 2016 that the NA LCS 2016 was not in the year 2016. As such it's OK to ignore the 2016 NA LCS summer split as part of the ear 2016.. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Ulio posted:

Seriously I think I've legit seen better Bard ults in Bronze subwars of course thats vs bronze.

He doesn't seem comfortable on him at all. Going into games like this where you're pretty certain not to pull off a win, he should've just pulled out the Zyra card or someone else he's got confidence on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

A quick pic from the opening ceremony.

http://imgur.com/a/lFp7R

This game was interesting for a while... It's actually been a lot of fun to watch.

• Locked thread