Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Policenaut posted:

Tecmo Koei wants to know who you want to see in Musou Stars.

Here, let me help you fill this out!

Bo Jackson: ボー・ジャクソン
Tecmo Bowl: テクモボウル

If you don't enter Linca from Atelier Ayesha/E&L 20 times you are objectively wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

If you don't enter Linca from Atelier Ayesha/E&L 20 times you are objectively wrong.

:hfive:

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006
Blue sparks and big fucking shells.

:dukedog:
Oh my gently caress they did a Bastard!! game at some point?

Dark Schneider / a literal aircraft carrier from warship gunner / musha gundam for musou stars pls :f5:

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
I kinda wonder how many non-Japan votes are gonna come in. And how many they may/will throw out(as they reserve the right to do so if they cannot understand what's written).

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

That's why I wrote mine in Japanese.

Musou Stars details and screenshots.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Can't wait for the scene where the faction Millennia ends up with has to tell her that summoning Satan is not the solution in this situation.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
She tries and instead either Orochi or Nobunaga falls out of the sky.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Elliotw2 posted:

She tries and instead either Orochi or Nobunaga falls out of the sky.

Why not both? While fighting on the way down.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah pretty much.

The story of 7 is actually fairly revisionist, since traditionally Shu are presented as 'the good guys' or at least in a favourable light, whereas that most definitely did not.

I may be misremembering because it's been a while since I went through my really interested in the Three Kingdoms phase but technically the Shu as the heroes view is revionist itself and started with the Romance of the Three Kingdoms. The original view was that Wei had the most legitimate claim, mainly because the guy who wrote the Sanguozhi really loving hated Zhuge Liang for humiliating his dad. (Also being employed by the Jin government probably had a vested interest in justifying their right to the Mandate of Heaven by saying the guys they stole it from had it)

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

It's interesting that Oka is apparently popular. I'm not complaining because Oka is cool but she's pretty orthodox. Maybe I've spent too much time in the vita thread

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
Oka is poo poo waifu, Nagi is far superior.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Belzac posted:

Nagi is far superior

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
I've been playing Orochi 3 Ultimate on the Xbone and having a blast, my first taste of Warriors being Hyrule Warriors, and I wanted more. I am not disappointed, the game is a blast and the massive number of characters and play-styles is staggering. The only problem is I can't ever seem to remember character names too well since there are so many of them!

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006
Blue sparks and big fucking shells.

:dukedog:

Bloodly posted:

I kinda wonder how many non-Japan votes are gonna come in. And how many they may/will throw out(as they reserve the right to do so if they cannot understand what's written).

If people can't be bothered to do two minutes of googling to get the kanji they need for their entries then they don't want it bad enough :colbert:

So much for my Japanese lessons. :negative:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I voted for Wang Yi. :3:

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Nami is pretty god-tier in Pirate Warriors 3. She clears everything and bosses incredibly fast. She also has good set ups for the kizuna attacks. Who else is incredibly broken?

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Jimbot posted:

Nami is pretty god-tier in Pirate Warriors 3. She clears everything and bosses incredibly fast. She also has good set ups for the kizuna attacks. Who else is incredibly broken?

In my humble (and probably wrong) opinion, the incredibly broken character tier are:

- Shanks. His R1 is op, basically slow time on demand. His move set is also pretty great.

- Whitebeard. His move set is good all around but his four string with charged attack is really good. Incredibly good second-tier special attack too. He's probably my favourite character, he just feels so beastly.

- Fujitora. He lives and dies by his R1, the rest of his set is ok, with a heavy focus on AoE.

Honorable mention: Eneru. He's a true flowchart character, charge your electricity, jumungul (the dragon attack) kizuna jumungul special kizuna jumungul ad nauseam. His second tier special is godly, too. Once you hit your rythm feels super broken.

People also swear for Tashigi, but I haven't played her and Doflamingo is another character popularly labeled as op.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Jimbot posted:

It's been a while since I played it, but Luffy was pretty monstrous once he had access to Elephant Gatling Gun.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Tashigi was my favorite because you can cancel literally any of her attacks into a fullscreen short aoe slash. I cleared those missions where it starts you off against 3 max level bosses and cleared them easily with an underleveled Tashigi because she puts out more dps than anyone else.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Tae posted:

Tashigi was my favorite because you can cancel literally any of her attacks into a fullscreen short aoe slash. I cleared those missions where it starts you off against 3 max level bosses and cleared them easily with an underleveled Tashigi because she puts out more dps than anyone else.

Is that from using her R1 mid-combo? I haven't used her much but when I did for a little bit I thought that was a really cool mechanic for her. I wish all R1s worked like that on top of using it stand-alone rather than in a combo.

All the characters so far are pretty fun to play. Robin was difficult early on but once she got more combos she's basically hitting everything in a wide cone in front of her.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Her taunt also causes her to put her glasses on her forehead, which puts a slight blur on the game and speeds up her R1 iirc

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
I once played Tashigi with her glasses up while I wasn't wearing my glasses for my friends and I was a blind tornado of death

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Jimbot posted:

Is that from using her R1 mid-combo? I haven't used her much but when I did for a little bit I thought that was a really cool mechanic for her. I wish all R1s worked like that on top of using it stand-alone rather than in a combo.

All the characters so far are pretty fun to play. Robin was difficult early on but once she got more combos she's basically hitting everything in a wide cone in front of her.

I mean, all characters can technically cancel into more attacks via the dodge button, it's just Tashigi is absurdly powerful on her own because the r1 slash covers a ridiculous amount of screen. Which is funny because on its own, it's literally one of the worst moves in the game.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I do get a kick out of how, so far from playing, the "weakest" characters in the show are some of the most brokenly powerful characters in the game. I wonder if that was deliberate. Kick back against Oda, author of One Piece, picking up lovely shounen tropes of treating women characters as either pieces of meat or secondary characters to the male cast.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I got the Pirate Warriors 3, since it's on PC and you guys seemed to be saying that it's pretty good. So far the combat system feels like a slightly more polished version of Samurai Warriors and I kinda like it.

I don't really understand how I'm supposed to use the Dash Cancel thing though.
Also what's with the enemy officers starting to glow and getting hyper armor or something? I don't really get what it does or how to handle it.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
You use Dash Cancel whenever you don't like an attack's follow-through. It isn't that noticeable on quick characters like Luffy who have really tight controls, but try playing as Tashigi--who falls on her rear end after like half of her attacks in her pre-timeskip costume--and dropping a dash cancel in between swings and you'll see exactly how huge they are and how fluid they make the game feel.

Dash Cancel while running also immediately takes you to a full sprint, so do that, too :)

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Aight, gotcha. I also found out that you can skip the long rear end startup animation for Zoro's charge thing.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The other thing with cancel is that it carries some charge of the attack you were on i.e. luffy has a multi attack that ends in an aerial stomp. You can cancel anytime during the multi attack and attacking right after it puts out the stomp.

General usefulness for dash cancel are the grab attacks. If you miss, cancel the miss animation and try again. Or more importantly, dash at the end of the grab attack to aerial juggle. Useful for stuff like luffys headbutt that normally knocks the target far away.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
I should get back into PW3 now I got rid of my old AMD that had crashing problems with it.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
I'm doing the DLC battles of PW3, in nightmare mode, and goddamit, they are a serious clusterfuck. I limit broke Fujitora, never bothered to hunt down his last coin, and he's even more broken that I suspected, cleared the "World Government Mega-Showdown" super easily.

However, the next mission, the "Pirate Mega-Showdown" is the longest, most irritating mission in the game (well, maybe on par with Thriller Bark), you need to finish under 30 minutes to get S rank and killing so many strong dudes with so much health under a constant barrage of cannonballs for 30+ minutes is annoying and a pain in the rear end. The good part is that is the best place to grind max cre level for Lapahn in the game, if you are aiming for the 100% completion.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

More PW3 questions.
Does Dash have iframes? Does Chain Dash thing have iframes?
How am I supposed to handle officers with hyper armor, ones that refuse to be juggled? I assume that I'm supposed to attack them as usual but use the Chain Dash to dodge their attacks, since unlike normal enemies they can attack back?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Incidentally, Pirate Warriors 3 is on 75% off sale on Steam, get it.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Angry Lobster posted:

I'm doing the DLC battles of PW3, in nightmare mode

Your first mistake is that you're doing pw3 nightmare mode content, but try out Enel. As it turns out, he actually is god!

More specifically, iirc his light-light-light-strong attack, the dragon one that only activates if you have charge on you, has enough range to hit an entire base area from corner to corner, and then outside it too if persistent enemies (read: commanders) are close enough to you. tfw u walk into a base and it has 0 health and the commander has critical health because you used it just outside a gate fighting something else entirely

Oh, did I mention you have like three to five seconds of continuous iframes while you attack? Because you do.

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Oct 7, 2016

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

New Berserk trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKe8lmIftC8

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I don't know poo poo about Berserk but the game looks really good.

It's a shame that they're making a PS3 version of it, cause that means that they'll port that one specifically to PC, like they always do.

EDIT: Also lol at the wet shirt pre-order costume.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Jack Trades posted:

EDIT: Also lol at the wet shirt pre-order costume.

You probably wouldn't be laughing if you knew the context of that outfit.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't don't usually care at all about that kind of stuff but the Caska one is in particularly bad taste considering what happens to her in the series :/

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

TaurusOxford posted:

You probably wouldn't be laughing if you knew the context of that outfit.

Sounds like I don't want to know.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge
So does Pirate Warriors 3 just suck at being compatible with the Xbone controller? I'm using Xpadder as a work around for now, but it just seems weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
They seem oddly upfront about the weird demon rape.