Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Monster masher gets 0MP 150+ damage to all with a breath attack it's pwnage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
i already mastered monster masher and leaving a character as a single class is unacceptable

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've kept ruff as a monster masher ever since I unlocked jobs

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
paladins also get thin air, nOT as exciting anymore

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

it looks like they made Hero a catch-all class or something because i gained one job level and learned 8 abilities lol.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Paladins in IX were incredible, I ended up with two on my team and the final boss was doing like 13 dmg to them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Theres a part in this game that is on some MGSV Chapter 2 title card type feels.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
nottagan is cool

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

Theres a part in this game that is on some MGSV Chapter 2 title card type feels.

i don't know what that means

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

i don't know what that means

50 hours into MGSV you beat what you think is the final boss and then it says "Chapter 2" and there's still 30 hours left

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

In Training posted:

it looks like they made Hero a catch-all class or something because i gained one job level and learned 8 abilities lol.

the hero skill list is basically All The Good Skills

it's a "congratulations you reached the end of the job tree go hog wild"

also dear yellow cloud fucker: the sudden reveal that you had Thin Air, making me party wipe for the first time and costing me 11,000 gold was extremely rude

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

also I think style also doubles as luck??? in terms of crit chance and stuff it's not really important either way, unless you're me then it's extremely important. everyone must look cool as gently caress at all times

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

ikts kewl playing dragon quest cos you can pick out exactly which english region or british isle each town is representing, the localisation is the 2nd best of all games ive played after final fantasy 9. i hope this game has geordies in it

i love how dq8 had a localization so loving incredible that it changed the tone of the entire series

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I remember when that and IX came out and people started :qq:ing because it was ruining their childhood memories or "NOT TRUE TO THE ORIGINAL". poo poo was hilarious

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Congrats to dragon quest VII for being my second most played 3DS game ever

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

What's #1

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fire emblem fates because I beat all three games and started a 4th file

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

The treasure hunt tablet you can download is insane if you want to gain levels. Every steel marionette give you 17500 xp

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
How hard as they to kill, that's insane for like half a metal king if there's no gimmick.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Last Celebration posted:

How hard as they to kill, that's insane for like half a metal king if there's no gimmick.

They just have a lot of health

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

elf help book posted:

dlc grinding map

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Last Celebration posted:

If you have hatchet man on some of your dudes, they're really easy, because all you need to do is spam it until it crits. There are no gimmicks for the steel marionettes, but you should run if you see diamond marionettes, since they have a party wide death ability.

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Guess I found it, 60 hours into the game. At least they don't charge you money for it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Azraelle posted:

Guess I found it, 60 hours into the game. At least they don't charge you money for it.

those maps are going down soon, so its a bonus for buying the game early lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

those maps are going down soon, so its a bonus for buying the game early lol

The nice thing is with he monster meadow system you can make your own DLC grinding maps. I have one with liquid metal slime + gold golem + gem slimes for when I need to do post game gold/XP grinding, since I'm not too far from that point I think. I'll probably have to tame a king metal slime at some point for serious grinding

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

thats cool, ive felt poor for a while in this game

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

steal a king metal slimes heart, make your friend become one, beat up your friend

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

steal a king metal slimes heart, make your friend become one, beat up your friend

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Someone in games mentioned there was a way to like separate out certain monsters and free up that slot so you can catch multiples and make, for instance, a triple King metal slime map so there's only one enemy for maximum efficiency. Does anybody know how to do that?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i need to find more monster people so a drat inn gets built in the haven

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

In Training posted:

Someone in games mentioned there was a way to like separate out certain monsters and free up that slot so you can catch multiples and make, for instance, a triple King metal slime map so there's only one enemy for maximum efficiency. Does anybody know how to do that?

Could it be the monster barns? I just found them, in monster meadows, and they allow you to capture multiple monsters of the same kind, for a select few monsters, I think.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

elf help book posted:

thats cool, ive felt poor for a while in this game

i like that feeling. cos you have to choose what you buy in shops instead of just upgrading everything.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah until the final act I only had enough money for one or two pieces at s time but now I have a butt load of gold sitting in the bank

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

i like that feeling. cos you have to choose what you buy in shops instead of just upgrading everything.

last night decided to spend near all my money on a new weapon for my hero, and then found a weapon only for him in the dungeon i entered

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

ive got a ton of slime hearts to sell i forgot about tho so its time to gear up

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

it also helps that there are looooong stretches without any significant equipment upgrades so you can save up pretty easily. best thing to do is ignore equipment of a few points higher and splurge when you reach a major upgrade

i'm currently going back through everywhere hunting down medals with Nose For Treasure like a truffle pig, I thought I was thorough but apparently I missed like 5.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Sep 30, 2016

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

yea and that money drought kinda happens right after you get jobs, which make you way stronger anyway, so its not a problem

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Lance Corporal Promptly-Wallop

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

Lance Corporal Promptly-Wallop

lol i forgot about that guy, that's an incredible name

I like how the british area is DOUBLE british

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

elf help book posted:

last night decided to spend near all my money on a new weapon for my hero, and then found a weapon only for him in the dungeon i entered

That's the worst RPG feel

• Locked thread