Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
OK, thanks Tom Hanks, I loved you in The Matrix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
vaping is just a much lighter high in my experience i dont like it nearly as much but itll do in a pinch. never really understood sitting around at home vaping ive used the volcanos with the big bags it is just kinda silly and expensive when a bong will get you way higher :shrug:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

thathonkey posted:

vaping is just a much lighter high in my experience i dont like it nearly as much but itll do in a pinch. never really understood sitting around at home vaping ive used the volcanos with the big bags it is just kinda silly and expensive when a bong will get you way higher :shrug:

While this is true, have you considered vaping and then putting the ABV into the bong? :2bong:

e: or vaping and drinking. That works too.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
i take a hit of weed

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
I know the devil is real.
im not smoking any weed this week because i smoked too much weed last week

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

weed is cool and good. but like everything cool and good in life, don't overdo it

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
You must walk a righteous path, my brothers. Make Babylon fall

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

thathonkey posted:

vaping is just a much lighter high in my experience i dont like it nearly as much but itll do in a pinch.

imo the high is indeed lighter and also doesn't last as long, but on the good side it doesn't make me feel drowsy at all, which smoking often does, like someone else said it's a more "clear" high and i find i retain more energy. also I find that vaping wax is much more effective than vaping weed

but yeah when I'm at home I definitely prefer just smoking, vaping is mainly for travel or just being in some situation where firing up a j would be inappropriate

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

a bone to pick posted:

Has anyone ever had a good experiences with dry herb vaporizers? I never felt like they had an effect on me.

I have several and have rotated between them as my main weed smoking apparatus for like a decade. It's far more efficient and should consistently get you more high per weed input versus any combustion. If not, you're somehow doing it wrong. When you combust weed you're just vaping using heat from combusting some of it. It's all just vaped weed going into your lungs, except that with combustion you're throwing some of the weed away and inhaling a bunch of ash and tar instead. It's not a different or shorter lasting high, idiots

Chances are you're not getting it hot enough or you're taking a couple of big drags thinking it's going to be like hitting a bong when in fact it's more like smoking a joint and you need to chill and puff on it for a while. If the weed isn't a consistent not-quite-burned dark brown, it's not done, and anything the high lacks is probably because you're not getting any of the cannabinoids with higher boiling points.

e: also most portables that aren't lighter powered are really underwhelming. I have an arizer air and it's just ok; it does the trick but it depends on a huge 18650 battery to do it, takes a while to warm up, and takes a while to vape a bowl, which means it's still pretty limited by battery life. I'll probably never use it again since I've got a dab pen now that outclasses it in every way for mobile weeding and cost less than half as much. at least a vaporgenie can cash a bowl in 2-3 good hits that make you cough like the old days, and will never blueball you with a dead battery

Frog Act posted:

Yeah I'm extremely careful about carrying / smoking weed in public but my buddy has a nice Gpen he loads with oil and when we're outside a bar smoking cigarettes or something it's great you can just take a quick inconspicuous dab and get real high

Yeah oil pens are like a brown paper bag for smoking weed in public. It's like a dugout that doesn't smell at all or need to be repacked and everyone around you believes you're hitting an ecig. Thanks ~vape culture~

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Sep 30, 2016

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

NeurofiBROma posted:

I have several and have rotated between them as my main weed smoking apparatus for like a decade. It's far more efficient and should consistently get you more high per weed input versus any combustion. If not, you're somehow doing it wrong. When you combust weed you're just vaping using heat from combusting some of it. It's all just vaped weed going into your lungs, except that with combustion you're throwing some of the weed away and inhaling a bunch of ash and tar instead. It's not a different or shorter lasting high, idiots

nah its definitely a different high. probably because inhaling a bunch of ash and tar also has an effect on you in addition to the thc itself. its not a lesser high, it can be very intense, but it does not last as long and never leaves me feeling tired the way smoking does

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007
I have a flowermate 5. It's definitely a different high but I got used to it. Bought it when I quit smoking (used to be a spliff man). Love it

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Actual good vapes are so stupid expensive though. We have a little one that was still like 80 bucks and it's not anything great. I guess maybe the fuckin four hundred dollar ones are amazing but I ain't got four hundred dollars to spend on vaporizers.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

purple death ray posted:

Actual good vapes are so stupid expensive though. We have a little one that was still like 80 bucks and it's not anything great. I guess maybe the fuckin four hundred dollar ones are amazing but I ain't got four hundred dollars to spend on vaporizers.

the micro g pen is like $70 and its great. again not something i'd sit around with at home really but for portable use it's fantastic

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I don't have access to oil or wax and I'm way too paranoid to do anything involving weed outside of my home anyway

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mor6X1FNGI

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
You guys ever try these natrual leaf Dutch blunts? They're by dutch masters but smaller and 2 for 99cents. They smell da bomb and burn nice and slow. Probably the best I've tried for 50 cents eatch. Sealed with a single lick. I got the honey ones.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

dutch masters are really the only choice for a self respecting person to smoke

though im not into these tiny cigarillo type blunts. if im going to roll a blunt im going to stuff at least a couple of grams into a full sized palma

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

NeurofiBROma posted:

dutch masters are really the only choice for a self respecting person to smoke
Am I crazy or did swisher sweets used to be good? I seem to distinctly remember them costing more and being better quality.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Jim Barris posted:

Am I crazy or did swisher sweets used to be good? I seem to distinctly remember them costing more and being better quality.

You crazy

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
I've been doing a lot of dabs lately. My productivity is at an all-time low but man I do feel good. :okpos:

Might have to switch back to pot for just that very reason though

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
The only dabs I've ever done were at dispensaries where they give you a free dab every time you come in. There's like a blow torch and you need a special bong and poo poo. That's so much work.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Jim Barris posted:

Swishers used to be better but never really good, I'm surprised everyone itt swears by Dutch masters but never mentions Garcia Vegas.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
roadrunners are pretty cheap and can be heated quickly with a torch lighter. my buddy just keeps his rr lighter and a few different silicon containers in a glasses case and he gets ripped while driving the company car

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

a bone to pick posted:

Swishers used to be better but never really good, I'm surprised everyone itt swears by Dutch masters but never mentions Garcia Vegas.

If you're gonna pay garcia vegas prices you're better of going to a cigar shop and buying those cheap cigars made by arturo fuente.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Vladimir Putt-Putt posted:

roadrunners are pretty cheap and can be heated quickly with a torch lighter. my buddy just keeps his rr lighter and a few different silicon containers in a glasses case and he gets ripped while driving the company car

I, too, keep my paraphernalia in a glasses case! It's so convenient and discreet. I can fit a bag of weed, grinder, small pipe and lighter in there and it's about as inconspicuous as could be.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

If you're gonna pay garcia vegas prices you're better of going to a cigar shop and buying those cheap cigars made by arturo fuente.

You can get a 3-pack of green Garcia Vega cigarillos for like $3 at 7/11.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Oberleutnant posted:

I, too, keep my paraphernalia in a glasses case! It's so convenient and discreet. I can fit a bag of weed, grinder, small pipe and lighter in there and it's about as inconspicuous as could be.

its p cool i gotta admit, he also showed me that a pen size mag lite is perfect for stashing a joint if you take the batteries out

good electric
Jan 29, 2009
HIS LIFE IS DEFICIENT. HE NEVER HAS SEX.

HE LACKS $10 TO BUY HIMSELF A CUSTOM TITLE AND IS REDUCED TO BEGGING FOR ONE.

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

You guys ever try these natrual leaf Dutch blunts? They're by dutch masters but smaller and 2 for 99cents. They smell da bomb and burn nice and slow. Probably the best I've tried for 50 cents eatch. Sealed with a single lick. I got the honey ones.

whatever flavoring substance they use in those irritates my throat, almost like it burns hotter. it makes me cough my rear end off and so you can't take giant hits off the blunt

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Flavored/green blunts have no place in this future we're in where all the weed is good

Their time was back when all the weed was from Mexico and you rolled blunts to mask the taste. That time is over

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Some of us aren't lucky enough to live in a nice weed state and have to deal with lovely mexico weed, so for the time being when I need a blunt I go for the greens or blues.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I am going to smoke some Northern Jack. It is delicious.

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
gonna get high today

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Got high and watched a storm on my covered front porch. A++ would do again.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
i take a hit of weed

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
am high

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
got some pretty, pretty, pretty good weed

i am going to smoke it

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

thathonkey posted:

got some pretty, pretty, pretty good weed

i am going to smoke it

don't do it

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I blaze in solidarity with you.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
at work again getting paid overtime to smoke weed and play my playstation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I want to avoid the weeds until the end of the month so I can reward myself on Halloween and get work done but I keep being given free edibles but it's ok my calves hurt bad and I need a good night's sleep :unsmith: