Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

I mean, after I read it the third time, I think I understood what they were trying to say. It was still stupid, but I understand the content now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

volts5000 posted:

How can someone willfully miss the point that much?

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Hate Fibration posted:

Everything this guy posts is like this. He's the living embodiment of r/iamverysmart.

Someone owns a thesaurus.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
not really iosm, but still weird

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"she's so extra"?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MizPiz posted:

Does anyone outside the US use "liberal" as a catchall for leftist leaning? It's sonething I absolutely loathe about the political climate here.

Most leftists outside the US spend most of our time ranting about how much we hate liberals. Which can be confusing for American friends.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Data Graham posted:

"she's so extra"?

Yeah people are saying that now, like "She is TOO much!"

...I actually kind of like it

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Data Graham posted:

"she's so extra"?

And what exactly is "fleek", and how can one be, quote, "on" it?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Plom Bar posted:

And what exactly is "fleek", and how can one be, quote, "on" it?

It means being on point.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

timp posted:

Yeah people are saying that now, like "She is TOO much!"

...I actually kind of like it

It's abso repletular.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Panfilo posted:

It means being on point.

no fuckin foolin

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Actually it means "no worries for the rest of your days".

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Data Graham posted:

"she's so extra"?

I had it explained to me by a young'n that it was as in "extra special". Not always a compliment.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
young people scare me.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Yeah my boss would complain about particularly needy clients, "why she gotta be so extra" to make us laugh. This was like 5 years ago in the south Bronx so my guess is that it's another example of black vernacular being adopted more widely.

My boss was not hip or particularly young.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

MissEchelon posted:

Somebody gets their big L's and their little l's confused

I just woke up and this is completely going over my head.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Zipperelli. posted:

Thankfully most of the comments are calling this one out as being creepy as gently caress.

How do you view comments on imgur anyways? I'm morbidly curious and don't see any.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Cuntellectual posted:

How do you view comments on imgur anyways? I'm morbidly curious and don't see any.

I want to know how you aren't seeing comments because I would much prefer that to having idiotic reddit poo poo popping up in the corner of my eye on every imgur page I look at

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I don't see any comments, either. But the times I've seen imgur comments makes it clear that's a gift from some guardian angel.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

china bot posted:

This is definitely one of those "funny until you need to go to the bathroom" things.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

:rolleyes:

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

china bot posted:

All I can think whenever I see stuff like this is, "I'm sure that's a violation of the Flag Code."

For a country that fetishizes both the flag and Are Troops, we're surprisingly ignorant on the way the flag is supposed to be treated.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Lol

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Cuntellectual posted:

When there's too much arguing imgur will get rid of the comment section for a picture.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

First hearty :lol: instead of :rolleyes: for awhile in this thread for me.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Digirat posted:

I want to know how you aren't seeing comments because I would much prefer that to having idiotic reddit poo poo popping up in the corner of my eye on every imgur page I look at

For Chrome, Shut Up gets rid of imgur comments.

And youtube comments.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

RareAcumen posted:

I just woke up and this is completely going over my head.

Simpsons Against the Liberals is a Facebook page that makes fun of the Australian Liberal Party (conservatives) and is left-wing, and the guy commenting has confused the Party with the American use of the word.

Immolat1on
Sep 9, 2005
This was a good one for me because I rarely see anyone call this dude out and you can watch him literally revert into a child.

And from what I can tell the "all i gotta say is obama" is completely unironic.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

:smith:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

I really don't get the smug satisfaction people extracted and seem to continue to extract from her death.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Well she was an addict and her addiction killed her but she was also famous so

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I really don't get the smug satisfaction people extracted and seem to continue to extract from her death.

I think it has to do with the song Rehab.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Absurd Alhazred posted:

People still often see substance abuse issues as a personal failing. I am a little touchy about it since I've lost some people to it, so I never understood the humour in laughing at drug addiction, either.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Some people are just assholes.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Absurd Alhazred posted:

People who do drugs are bad. So are people who make music I don't like and also people who show too much cleavage.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Feel the Bern..... when you pee

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Whitlam posted:

Simpsons Against the Liberals is a Facebook page that makes fun of the Australian Liberal Party (conservatives) and is left-wing, and the guy commenting has confused the Party with the American use of the word.

Ohhhhh, I see now. Thanks!

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
About on par with:

"So what if America has such a huge debt? All we have to do is default on the payments and it'll go away!!!" - Donald J Trump (paraphrasing, but still)

Also, lol at all those sucker countries that don't have a mint

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

We should just print more money in secret, then fund everything all at once so hyperinflation doesn't have any time to start up before the work is done. :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

LibrarianCroaker posted:

For Chrome, Shut Up gets rid of imgur comments.

And youtube comments.

or you can use the Imagus extension and never have to visit imgur again