Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

VikingSkull posted:

“these masturbatory anime dudes who post dumb poo poo online all day”

They cyber good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Pretend I posted links to all the entities involved in the housing bubble, the automotive industry bailouts, Volkwagen, etc. I don't think Trump will be one of the exceptions who actually does time.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
repost of a video posted to Facebook 19 hours ago

that.... that's a weird coincidence

:tinfoil:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

:stare:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
from somewhere in central NYS, too

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:catstare:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
:nsa:

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

:tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
GBS is back. That's a current event.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Someone hacked the EAS? :catstare:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Someone hacked the EAS? :catstare:

I don't know. Someone posted that video in the GBS thread I made for the train crash.

There's a Facebook link in the Youtube description, and the video was posted to it 19 hours ago (maybe 20 now).

It's kinda weird.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

What's the big deal with that video? Why did it say that about the train?
Edit: poo poo I've been working and didn't even know about a train crash.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Blind Rasputin posted:

What's the big deal with that video? Why did it say that about the train?
Edit: poo poo I've been working and didn't even know about a train crash.

It's a hazardous material alert that then quotes Green Eggs and ham, at the Would you Could you on a Train part.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Godholio posted:

Pretend I posted links to all the entities involved in the housing bubble, the automotive industry bailouts, Volkwagen, etc. I don't think Trump will be one of the exceptions who actually does time.

Corporations get away with so much stuff because its just constant, little infractions that add up. Its about a culture of being pieces of poo poo instead of outright Enron's outright fraud with paper trails to prove it.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
We also gave banks carte blanche to do whatever and we'll at worst slap them on the wrist or at best bail them out

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Nearly all of our law enforcement is focused on catching more concrete crimes like drugs and people stealing physical objects. As long as you don't cheat the IRS you can get away with pretty much anything unless someone decides to report you. Most times that just fucks the whistleblower and the company merely gets fined if anything.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Someone made a train crash comic

935 posted:

Fixed that for you -

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Booblord Zagats posted:

Someone made a train crash comic

Was hoping for a loss.jpg :(

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV0I-iA5lJU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Behold! Bullshit!

https://twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/status/781606386207567872

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

:stare: ...wow.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
In the election where civilization could've used a strong print media, it's funny that print media is the least paid-attention to thing nowadays.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2016/09/29/dont-vote-for-donald-trump-editorial-board-editorials-debates/91295020/

USA TODAY posted:

In the 34-year history of USA TODAY, the Editorial Board has never taken sides in the presidential race. Instead, we’ve expressed opinions about the major issues and haven’t presumed to tell our readers, who have a variety of priorities and values, which choice is best for them. Because every presidential race is different, we revisit our no-endorsement policy every four years. We’ve never seen reason to alter our approach. Until now.

This year, the choice isn’t between two capable major party nominees who happen to have significant ideological differences. This year, one of the candidates — Republican nominee Donald Trump — is, by unanimous consensus of the Editorial Board, unfit for the presidency.

Also, the Trump campaign is quoting Breitbart, who is quoting Sputnik (Russian state) media. This election :cripes:

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/781634578876334080

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
can we please play the Russian uranium game

please dear god

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

facialimpediment posted:

Also, the Trump campaign is quoting Breitbart, who is quoting Sputnik (Russian state) media. This election :cripes:

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/781634578876334080
makes u think

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
So trump's little venture into Cuba involved invoicing the costs in the name of a charity to fly under the radar and avoid scrutiny.

https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/status/781608882129014784/photo/1

Also apparently trump's foundation is not properly registered in new york and if the AG wants to pursue it can force them to refund everything they've ever collected in the state. https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...59373&tid=ss_tw

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Sep 30, 2016

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
The GOP is also going 'welp, maybe that wasn't such a good idea!' on overriding Obama's veto on the 9/11 bill. Naturally, they're blaming Obama.

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-09-29/congress-signals-regret-after-overriding-veto-of-saudi-9-11-bill

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Proud Christian Mom posted:

The GOP is also going 'welp, maybe that wasn't such a good idea!' on overriding Obama's veto on the 9/11 bill. Naturally, they're blaming Obama.

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-09-29/congress-signals-regret-after-overriding-veto-of-saudi-9-11-bill

Looks at the numbers on those votes...that was super bipartisan, even on the overrides. More like mutual buyers remorse.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I always feel somewhat guilty about posting all of this poo poo in this thread all the time, but every few hours something happens that makes me go HOLY loving MOSES JESUS loving CHRIST WHAT THE MOTHERFUCK

The latest of which about Donald Trump's foundation not being certified. Trump is going to bring up the Clinton Foundation during the next debate and Hilldawg is going to turn that around so quickly to Trump and drop it on his head it'll be hilarious.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Proud Christian Mom posted:

How the gently caress do you override a veto when Obama says, "Guys if you do this it will result in exactly these problems on this list right here that I am giving to you right now" then cry about all the problems that you had no idea would possibly happen and blame Obama for them?

Lack of communication? Really that's the best excuse you have? It was on national loving news for days before. I've seen three year olds lie better than this about who broke the lamp.

God this poo poo is frustrating.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Donald Trump denies Russians responsible for the downing of MH17 and maybe we should just stop worrying about it

From article posted:

"It's a long ways away. We have to get back to making America great again," he said. "It's terrible, but we really probably won't know for sure. And you'll probably never find out. There are only a few people that know. And you know one of them could be (Russian President Vladimir) Putin, frankly, and we know one thing: He's not going to be talking about it."

What in the flying gently caress.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

gfanikf posted:

Looks at the numbers on those votes...that was super bipartisan, even on the overrides. More like mutual buyers remorse.

To be fair, I dont think this bill was a hill the Democrats wanted to die on. No one is going to hear "this could get complicated", just endless soundbites of "xxx supported Saudi Arabia over 9/11 victims, vote for <republican shitbag here> today!".

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Whip Slagcheek posted:

What in the flying gently caress.

"Useful Idiot"

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

facialimpediment posted:

"Useful Idiot"

Putin's dick is so far down Trump's throat it's no wonder he doesn't make any sense.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://news.usni.org/2016/09/29/navy-eliminating-241-year-old-rating-system-new-enlisted-rank-overhaul

quote:

For example, under the new rules The Hunt for Red October character Sonar Technician Second Class Ronald “Jonesy” Jones – ST2 Jones for short – would be Petty Officer Second Class Jones or Petty Officer Jones.

Watching the Navy adapt to the same rank structure that everyone else has loving done for centuries is priceless. Salty crows and chiefs are are crying.

MUH TRADITIONS.
:qqsay:

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Cross posting this from the weather thread because its soon to be current events and gently caress.. Why not get a jump on it:

If anyone wanted to see what Rapid Intensification looks like on satellite....

Click me!

Also this bit of comedy:

quote:

WTNT44 KNHC 300255
TCDAT4

HURRICANE MATTHEW DISCUSSION NUMBER 7
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL AL142016
1100 PM AST THU SEP 29 2016

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INIT 30/0300Z 14.1N 68.8W 70 KT 80 MPH
12H 30/1200Z 14.0N 70.4W 75 KT 85 MPH
24H 01/0000Z 13.9N 72.0W 75 KT 85 MPH
36H 01/1200Z 13.8N 73.0W 80 KT 90 MPH
48H 02/0000Z 14.1N 74.0W 85 KT 100 MPH
72H 03/0000Z 16.4N 75.3W 90 KT 105 MPH
96H 04/0000Z 19.7N 75.6W 90 KT 105 MPH
120H 05/0000Z 23.5N 75.5W 85 KT 100 MPH

$$

quote:

WTNT64 KNHC 300518
TCUAT4

HURRICANE MATTHEW TROPICAL CYCLONE UPDATE
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL AL142016
120 AM AST FRI SEP 30 2016

Reports from an Air Force Reserve Hurricane Hunter aircraft
indicate that Matthew has rapidly strengthened and that the maximum
sustained winds are now near 100 mph
(160 km/h). A special
advisory will be issued by 2 AM AST to update the intensity
forecast.

$$
Forecaster Beven

Also If you get your :420: imported from Jamaica... RIP because in about 3 days its going to be not there anymore.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Genocide Tendency posted:

Cross posting this from the weather thread because its soon to be current events and gently caress.. Why not get a jump on it:

If anyone wanted to see what Rapid Intensification looks like on satellite....

Click me!

Also this bit of comedy:

Also If you get your :420: imported from Jamaica... RIP because in about 3 days its going to be not there anymore.

I'm so loving glad this fucker is that far south from PR.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

ElMaligno posted:

I'm so loving glad this fucker is that far south from PR.

If you surf, the south west side of the island is going off and it will just get better over the next 3-5 days.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

quote:

Updated 1621 GMT (0021 HKT) October 15, 2015

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/VP/status/781692732356096004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
My god the media is absolutely terrible this election

https://twitter.com/postpolitics/status/781670531774939136

• Locked thread