Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Twat le Piss posted:

I love it, op. We've finally made it to the big bung league

You mean the Bungasleauge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Twat le Piss posted:

I love it, op. We've finally made it to the big bung league

Finally succeeded in being corrupt where Le Tissier failed

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
Was this guy involved in any the Liverpool transfers? Asking for a friend

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Insanely Sikh posted:

Was this guy involved in any the Liverpool transfers? Asking for a friend

No he only joined in the summer, used to be the Villa assistant though.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Eau de MacGowan posted:

It doesn't matter what his name is.

The name of the man?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

QPR statement: http://mobile.qpr.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/qpr-the-telegraph-statement-investigation-update-3337908.aspx

Sounds like the Torygraph aren't playing fair.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Whats interesting is that they made the same stuff available to the other bodies involved in the other cases including the FA in the case of big Sam.

There's a few hacks speculating that this looks suspiciously like they didn't have that stuff prepared, and combined with how theres barely any copy to go with the video in the original article compared to the other two cases, it makes them think that the journo's originally didn't intend to publish that one but perhaps an editorial decision was made over their head to run it anyway.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://twitter.com/david_conn/status/781933686753296384

doing a big lol right about now

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/30/exclusive-harry-redknapp-reveals-how-his-players-illicitly-gambl/

This is seriously the best they can dig up on Harry loving Redknapp? Stick a Sky Sports microphone in front of him and he'd happily admit to dodgier stuff on live tv.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Bung Premier League

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Richard Keyes proving he is the top guy we always knew him to be.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

peanut- posted:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/30/exclusive-harry-redknapp-reveals-how-his-players-illicitly-gambl/

This is seriously the best they can dig up on Harry loving Redknapp? Stick a Sky Sports microphone in front of him and he'd happily admit to dodgier stuff on live tv.

Why the bongo music at the start

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Jippa posted:

Richard Keyes proving he is the top guy we always knew him to be.

The poor girl involved has been getting some hammer over her appearance on social media, she has a prominent chin.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
Joey Barton: Rangers midfielder charged with breaking gambling rules

That Joey is a bad'un.

Who new?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Two Sparta Prague players have been told to train with the women's team after making sexist comments about a female match official.

Goalkeeper Tomas Koubek, 24, said "women belong at the stove" after assistant referee Lucie Ratajova failed to flag an opponent offside during Sunday's 3-3 draw with Brno.

Midfielder Lukas Vacha, 27, tweeted a picture with a comment "to the stove".

Sparta chief executive Adam Kotalík called the remarks "unacceptable".

He added that the players "will see for themselves that women can be handy not only at the stove".

Women's team captain Iva Mocova said: "We are looking forward to the boys training with us."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37558116

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Any sunday league experience will point that this "punishment" is stupid and pointless and playing coed sucks.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I hope the ladies put in a few crunching tackles

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

JFairfax posted:

I hope the ladies put in a few crunching tackles

I'd two foot a few times for sure.

I've only met one sexist woman in my life who said that men were only good for fixing cars and making babies. I still don't know how to react.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
I don't like Barton, but who cares if he bet on matches he wasn't personally involved in? What a stupid rule

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Soulex posted:

I'd two foot a few times for sure.

I've only met one sexist woman in my life who said that men were only good for fixing cars and making babies. I still don't know how to react.

because you're impotent and don't know a carburetor from an alternator?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

I don't like Barton, but who cares if he bet on matches he wasn't personally involved in? What a stupid rule

I'll split it with you 50-50 if you score an OG.

JFairfax posted:

because you're impotent and don't know a carburetor from an alternator?

My dick works fine. It's the legs. And my robot legs have both a carburetor and an alternator.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Soulex posted:

I'll split it with you 50-50 if you score an OG.

Him being a player doesn't make this more or less likely, though. It's a stupid rule.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Mickolution posted:

Him being a player doesn't make this more or less likely, though. It's a stupid rule.
Yes it does you div, he's 42069% more likely to know a bunch of players in a given match than some rando

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Also Joey Barton is the type of guy to try to injure another player if he thought it would help his bet, or even if he didn't think it would help his bet.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Mickolution posted:

What? Having almost unlimited access to players who, as a majority, are loving retarded when it comes to money, or sleeping with a 16 year old, or drinking and driving, etc. Bet the underdog by a large amount, throw the game, split the profit. Please go try and talk to some players about throwing their next game for your bet and tell me that is more or less likely than a player and/or friend approaching someone.

This isn't loving new dude. Pete Rose? Tonya loving Harding to a degree (she WAS trying to throw the competition by breaking her competitors legs). The rule is smart to help prevent poo poo like Barton betting on a loss every loving match and two footing his players in practice so they have to use the youth squad.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Soulex posted:

What? Having almost unlimited access to players who, as a majority, are loving retarded when it comes to money, or sleeping with a 16 year old, or drinking and driving, etc. Bet the underdog by a large amount, throw the game, split the profit. Please go try and talk to some players about throwing their next game for your bet and tell me that is more or less likely than a player and/or friend approaching someone.

This isn't loving new dude. Pete Rose? Tonya loving Harding to a degree (she WAS trying to throw the competition by breaking her competitors legs). The rule is smart to help prevent poo poo like Barton betting on a loss every loving match and two footing his players in practice so they have to use the youth squad.

Pete Rose did nothing wrong.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

blue footed boobie posted:

Pete Rose did nothing wrong.

I've seen his haircut.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Bobby Digital posted:

I've seen his haircut.
Is that all?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Crazy Ted posted:

Is that all?

Mods make this my avatar with Higuain's face.

Edit nvm, just give me the bulge.

Shroud
May 11, 2009
Two Eibar players apologize for the leak of their sex tape

Are footballers unable to have sex without a wingman and a camera present?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Shroud posted:

Two Eibar players apologize for the leak of their sex tape

Are footballers unable to have sex without a wingman and a camera present?

Footballers are almost always stunted teenagers even far into the thirties.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
New Zealand scrum-half Aaron Smith has been dropped for one game for breaching the All Blacks' standards of behaviour.

He was seen entering a toilet cubicle with a woman at Christchurch Airport and will miss the Rugby Championship match against South Africa in Durban.

All Blacks head coach Steve Hansen said Smith is "bitterly disappointed in his behaviour".

Hansen added the 27-year-old scrum-half "feels he has let the team, his family and his partner down".

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/37567785%5C

it's rugby football motherfuckers

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

JFairfax posted:

New Zealand scrum-half Aaron Smith has been dropped for one game for breaching the All Blacks' standards of behaviour.

He was seen entering a toilet cubicle with a woman at Christchurch Airport and will miss the Rugby Championship match against South Africa in Durban.

All Blacks head coach Steve Hansen said Smith is "bitterly disappointed in his behaviour".

Hansen added the 27-year-old scrum-half "feels he has let the team, his family and his partner down".

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/37567785%5C

it's rugby football motherfuckers

Wrong thread.

Also it was a disabled toilet.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Ewar Woowar posted:

Wrong thread.
Yes but rugby players get up to poo poo that makes sex tapes look tame by comparison.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Soulex posted:

Which is why players shouldn't be able to bet on games within the country they're playing in, as I believe it is in England. A total ban is overkill.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
What was the actual harm caused by ol' Joey's betting? None whatsoever, right?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
are agents allowed to bet on football?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

If you could be seen as having an invested interest or just even being friends with players maybe?

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
How does it get traced back to you anyway that you're betting on teams? Shouldn't he be using a third party or some poo poo to make bets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

What do you think the overlap is in the sets of footballers, people who gamble, and people smart enough to cover their rear end?