Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

It makes a lot of sense that in a world of super powers, there's a good market for literal professional victims. That kid should really save his critiques for the end though. In a real scenario, you're not gonna get advice on rescue etiquette in the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Ochako is going to make me cry.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Link to the new chapter - http://mangastream.com/r/my_hero_academia/109/3707/1

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
I like that there's more to getting a professional hero license than punch bad guy real good. There's a lot of thought that's gone into the worldbuilding, one of the draws to this series.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Ganbare, Ochako

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I was guessing that Wind Dude hated Todoroki cause he was threatened by Endeavor into giving up his spot for UA so Todoroki could get in, but I'm no longer sure if that's the case after this chapter, since he seems to be implying that they met before.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

What intense hair...

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I was guessing that Wind Dude hated Todoroki cause he was threatened by Endeavor into giving up his spot for UA so Todoroki could get in, but I'm no longer sure if that's the case after this chapter, since he seems to be implying that they met before.

I get the feeling that Wind Dude turned down UA when he realized that Endeavor's Kid was going to be there. It seems to be focused much more on Endeavor than Todoroki.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I believe in you Ochako. Do what's right in your heart

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dr Subterfuge posted:

I get the feeling that Wind Dude turned down UA when he realized that Endeavor's Kid was going to be there. It seems to be focused much more on Endeavor than Todoroki.

That's a pretty reasonable guess.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

I mean, it's pretty easy to hate Endeavor for being Endeavor alone... and it's not like he knows anything about Todoroki personally...

basically, screw Endeavor.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Todoroki got in on recommendation, which is basically the elite of the elite. Endeavor probably pulled some strings but Todoroki wasn't scrabbling for a spot, especially given his insane level of power and aptitude for a kid.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kanos posted:

Todoroki got in on recommendation, which is basically the elite of the elite. Endeavor probably pulled some strings but Todoroki wasn't scrabbling for a spot, especially given his insane level of power and aptitude for a kid.

The point was that Wind Dude was also on recommendation on the same year as Torodoki.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I really want to see what Yoarashi (wind guy) can do. I think wind powers are underrepresented in fiction, and they're often cool as heck (sorry for cursing.)

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, wind power dudes mostly tend to be fast dudes with blasts of wind or cutting winds.

This dude is on a whole different level.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Reinanigans posted:

I really want to see what Yoarashi (wind guy) can do. I think wind powers are underrepresented in fiction, and they're often cool as heck (sorry for cursing.)

You should watch Tiger and Bunny if you have not. My friend Sky High has wind powers.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Did I see him flying on that one airial shot of everyone dispersing from the staging area?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

chumbler posted:

You should watch Tiger and Bunny if you have not. My friend Sky High has wind powers.

Am I a bad person if I couldn't get over all of the logos in Tiger and Bunny? I actually liked the first few episodes I saw, and I like the character designs, but all of the logos messed with my head somehow. It made the designs too busy or something?

Also, the blonde main character dude seemed like such a douche.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Ochako's subplot is my favorite thing going in this series right now. Her emotions are jumbled as hell in an extremely realistic way. I love it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Reinanigans posted:

Am I a bad person if I couldn't get over all of the logos in Tiger and Bunny? I actually liked the first few episodes I saw, and I like the character designs, but all of the logos messed with my head somehow. It made the designs too busy or something?

Also, the blonde main character dude seemed like such a douche.

yeah you are

you should probably go back and watch it again because he's got reasons

also the logos are all over them because they are literally corporate superheroes. They are NASCAR cars in human form. View it that way and go back in.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I get the whole NASCAR thing, but it looks too busy. Makes it hard to focus on the action. I'll probably give it another shot, though. Not like there's anything else to watch once Mob is done for the season, besides JoJo.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

You should use this chance to broaden your horizons.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
This was a surprisingly dense chapter.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
The logos are one of the best things about Tiger and Bunny

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

kidcoelacanth posted:

Ochako's subplot is my favorite thing going in this series right now. Her emotions are jumbled as hell in an extremely realistic way. I love it.

Mine too, but only because there is no Mina or Froppy subplot atm.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

kidcoelacanth posted:

I haven't seen many many shonen delve into the psychology of young love like this. For so many works, you see the lead female portrayed as tsundere and for the relationship to be in a "will they or won't they" stasis until it is abruptly resolved, often near the series finale. It's interesting to see something different and authentic.

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Sep 29, 2016

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Two things I don't want to see regarding Ochako:

1. She starts to confess to Deku, something/someone explodes, thirty chapters of Deku going "I wonder what that was all about?" while Ochako screws up her courage to try again.

2. Ochako's emotional distress is because she's the fabled agent, selling secrets to the villains for money to help her parents. But in the end her love for Deku sparks her redemption.

If either of these things happen, :argh:

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

JT Jag posted:

I haven't seen many many shonen delve into the psychology of young love like this. For so many works, you see the lead female portrayed as tsundere and for the relationship to be in a "will they or won't they" stasis until it is abruptly resolved, often near the series finale. It's interesting to see something different and authentic.

Either that or it's the Oriheme style where they are pretty much non-entities.

I'm also really enjoying this subplot. It's another one of the many examples of this manga's fantastic characterization.

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Sep 29, 2016

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I like it because this chapter shows Horikoshi is actually going to do something with it. Not just have a love interest for the sake of having one.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Somebody post a comparison of Deku's face when he said "It's alright" to Kouta and his face this chapter.

We're learning! There's character development! Wooooohoooooo

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It's cute and all but I hope Uraraka gets some focus soon which isn't all about her relationship with Deku. Like, it's interesting and all that her crush on Deku and her admiration of him kinda conflict and mess with each other, but I don't want that to be her main deal. This seems like the perfect task to give her some screentime though. She wanted to be a rescue hero in the first place from what I remember.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
This might be signalling an upcoming Uraraka focus, about her as a hero, what she wants to do, and how she grows in the context of dealing with her feelings (which is a good thing, I think).

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Yeah, wind power dudes mostly tend to be fast dudes with blasts of wind or cutting winds.

This dude is on a whole different level.

He was casually doing poo poo on the level of Avatar-state Aaang.

All we need now is a Toph-clone and I can pretend that this is a High School AU of Avatar.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Begemot posted:

It makes a lot of sense that in a world of super powers, there's a good market for literal professional victims. That kid should really save his critiques for the end though. In a real scenario, you're not gonna get advice on rescue etiquette in the moment.

I know at least two EMT Instructors who have trained their kids to be perfect training victims. It's really effective.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Gonna catch up on this fully when I can afford some volumes but I basically read up to the end of the disaster park fights. I really like frog girl :kimchi: Also love the hand dude because I was p much nodding along with him going "Aizawa IS cool"

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Posting this here, because of Kochikame ending :japan:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Terper posted:

Ganbare, Ochako

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

EmmyOk posted:

Gonna catch up on this fully when I can afford some volumes but I basically read up to the end of the disaster park fights. I really like frog girl :kimchi: Also love the hand dude because I was p much nodding along with him going "Aizawa IS cool"

It's only gonna get better.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Blackheart posted:

It's only gonna get better.

Neat! Money will be rolling in for me in the coming months so I'll definitely catch up soon. It's fairly standard shonen but the designs and characterisation of the ensemble cast is much better than its contemporaries also I wish All Might was my dad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012