Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Speaking of Miike, Zebraman is a pretty entertaining superhero movie he made. Been meaning to watch Zebraman 2 which moves it to a dystopian future for some hilarious/awesome reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
For some dumb reason I had convinced myself that I Am An Alien was only the dude's introduction and that Cheap Trick was the burn Rohan's house arc (no idea why i forgot about the back stuff being that, just somehow i kept thinking that burning rohan's house was literally the last thing before the final stretch) and i am so loving ready for tomorrow. :allears:

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

most of the backend of part 4 is Rohan deservedly getting his day ruined :kimchi:

there's RPS kid (harassed by a 6th grader), I Am An Alien (house burned down, swindled by the guy he hates the most), Highway Star (life saved by the guy he hates the most), Cheap Trick (just, all of it), and Bites the Dust (dies horribly multiple times due to time loops)

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
King Crimson vs. Metallica Parts 1-4 just went up on Batoto. Enjoy.

On a somewhat unrelated note, going through this chapter made me realize that whether or not King Crimson is physically the strongest stand out there, it's probably the stand that flaunts its strength the most. I mean, DIO punches through Kakyoin's stomach, and when he throws a knife, the entire blade gets embedded into Joseph's throat. On the other hand, King Crimson not only punches through Buccellati's chest, it also chops like 3 feet vertically through his shoulder, and now, in this set of chapters, it throws a pair of scissors with so much force that it makes a clean cut through Risotto's foot, bone and all. It's kind of insane.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

For the arrival of the Special Boy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG74KBg6M1M

Daxing Dan posted:

On a somewhat unrelated note, going through this chapter made me realize that whether or not King Crimson is physically the strongest stand out there, it's probably the stand that flaunts its strength the most. I mean, DIO punches through Kakyoin's stomach, and when he throws a knife, the entire blade gets embedded into Joseph's throat. On the other hand, King Crimson not only punches through Buccellati's chest, it also chops like 3 feet vertically through his shoulder, and now, in this set of chapters, it throws a pair of scissors with so much force that it makes a clean cut through Risotto's foot, bone and all. It's kind of insane.
After a while you wonder why Diavolo bothered with the timeskip bullshit and didn't just punch everyone's head off from the get go.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Also, fun Jojo fact: Metallica's stand cry, "loooooaad", comes from the Metallica album Load. If you were wondering why Metallica is on the loading screen in All Star Battle, there's your answer.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I just noticed that Nero used Dio's knife trick to gently caress Doppio up.

Also finally registered that Narancia ruins everything.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Daxing Dan posted:

King Crimson vs. Metallica Parts 1-4 just went up on Batoto. Enjoy.

Honestly, Diavolo & King Crimson are both criminally underrated

Daxing Dan posted:

Also, fun Jojo fact: Metallica's stand cry, "loooooaad", comes from the Metallica album Load. If you were wondering why Metallica is on the loading screen in All Star Battle, there's your answer.

Holy poo poo

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wish Risotto had been able to stick around longer, I liked him and his power a lot

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the metallica/king crimson fight is one of the top-tier ones from part 5 along with white album and grateful dead/beach boy

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

I think KC vs. Metallica has a place in my heart just for its excessive violence. Doppio starts barfing razors and he treats this as a minor inconvenience.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Johnny Joestar posted:

the metallica/king crimson fight is one of the top-tier ones from part 5 along with white album and grateful dead/beach boy

Grateful Dead, White Album, and Metallica are in my top five OVERALL JoJo fights. That's how good they are.

I'm so happy right now. My favorite fights are all retranslated. Thank you so much, Dan, this made my week.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

one of the big things about why this fight is so great is because it's the main antagonist fighting against a third party and to some weird degree you're never really sure who to root for. in a way doppio is pretty charming so he makes for a good focal point of the fight, and it's interesting how diavolo is kind of handicapping himself in the interest of secrecy while fighting a dude who can make him spit up razors.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

What a "great" Metallica album to pay homage to with that stand cry.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Josuke Higashikata posted:

King Nothing would like to have a word with you

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

One good song does not a good album make.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Johnny Joestar posted:

one of the big things about why this fight is so great is because it's the main antagonist fighting against a third party and to some weird degree you're never really sure who to root for. in a way doppio is pretty charming so he makes for a good focal point of the fight, and it's interesting how diavolo is kind of handicapping himself in the interest of secrecy while fighting a dude who can make him spit up razors.
The closest we really get to this is like Kira vs Stray Cat. It's not really the same, but sing the villain have to fight a Stand User of the week and not be in a fight that's against the main cast is v. cool

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Seems masterful compared to their last few though. It's no Puppets, but it'll do. I also love the wide variety of stuff Araki chooses (Vanilla Ice, Speedwagon, etc)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The new single on their upcoming album is atrocious, Death Magnetic was pretty okay. They're past it, when all's said and done.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
That's the power of my stand , [I AM THE TABLE]

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i totally forgot about Doppio using as a frog as a phone and then Epitaph appearing on his forehead to let him see 10 second in the future by looking at back of his bangs

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Great Days are here to stay.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

So much Kawajiri in the OP, it's wonderful.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Shinobu is a goddess goddamn

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the OP is good and i cant wait to watch Kira reset it in Episode 39

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
To be continued in Highway Star Part 1.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Good ep, a little QUALITY, but not massively. Glad they didn't rush out this arc

Ends shortly before the finger being cut off.

I'm guessing Part A next week ends the die and we might end the ep shortly before the motorbike punch.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I really wanted to see Rohan cut off his finger and burn his house down but it makes sense since Highway Star is eight chapters and like, just long enough where it can't be a one parter, but not enough for a full two parter without padding so next week is gonna rule.

Sounds like they added some Life With The Kawajiri filler?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

No, it's the bit where Kira gets the horn and thinks about strangling Shinobu and she's gagging for some Kira sexy time. She's perfect, I love her.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
oh lmao, duh the Part 2 of Yoshikage Kira's New Face. that chapter owns gently caress yeah

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
please don't take me to italy, i want to stay in duwang

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

wew lad

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Awesome, but why GW?

and just as i typed that i remembered it means Golden Wind or something like that.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Yuki means snow Vento Aureo means Golden Wind

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Vento Aureo/Ogen no Kaze /Golden Wind

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
golden wind also going to be the name of giorno's stand so look forward to that

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
if i have to sit through part 5/part 6 anime with the stands named Golden Wind and Stone Ocean...... well i wont like that one bit

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
lol that budget, i love my quality jojo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Moltrey posted:

if i have to sit through part 5/part 6 anime with the stands named Golden Wind and Stone Ocean...... well i wont like that one bit

you can just get fixed sub files like 15 minutes after crunchy launch