Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mega64 posted:

I blame the FF9 LP.

Then I resumed it, and...welp.

I'm so sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
If Mega is the mod of GBS, I want to be the mod of the forum where they talk about cancer patients and cancer as a disease in a fantastical setting where they've got like, at least 20 to 30 people who could cure cancer if they wanted to but they don't and a cancer victim actively refuses magical help because herp derp strong wiminz dont need no thunder god to help them cure their loving life threatening illness that has claimed the lives of millions of loving people in real life who would have begged for that same magic thunder god to bring them a magic cure for cancer and is a perfect example why the mainstream fantasy industry does not and should not deal with real life poo poo they have no real idea about because they always gently caress it up.

Sorry, I'm venting because I'm listening to that Final Fantasy X Tidus soundtrack and it bugs me that the Seymour theme isn't as good as it should be. The Tidus laugh should have been every single tinkle in the background, instead it sounds like something you would find in Mortal Kombat.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What is that post

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

gologle is mod of my heart

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Gologle posted:

If Mega is the mod of GBS, I want to be the mod of the forum where they talk about cancer patients and cancer as a disease in a fantastical setting where they've got like, at least 20 to 30 people who could cure cancer if they wanted to but they don't and a cancer victim actively refuses magical help because herp derp strong wiminz dont need no thunder god to help them cure their loving life threatening illness that has claimed the lives of millions of loving people in real life who would have begged for that same magic thunder god to bring them a magic cure for cancer and is a perfect example why the mainstream fantasy industry does not and should not deal with real life poo poo they have no real idea about because they always gently caress it up.

Sorry, I'm venting because I'm listening to that Final Fantasy X Tidus soundtrack and it bugs me that the Seymour theme isn't as good as it should be. The Tidus laugh should have been every single tinkle in the background, instead it sounds like something you would find in Mortal Kombat.

You've got my vote, buddy.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Help Im Alive posted:

What is that post

GOLOGLE MAD ABOUT COMIC BOOKS.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
so why doesn't she just stay as thor instead of being the cancer person

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm really glad I was never a comic book nerd.

*logs into catgirl dressup MMO*

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I think you can't be Thor while sleeping and also it's like being on the job all the time. Don't worry, the comic hero won't die from cancer because getting shot a million times and impaled and having their head explode and being hunted by the devil didn't kill a ton of comic characters like Captain America and the Green Goblin and Aunt May and Super Man and original Thor and Iron Man and every hero and villain basically.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

mandatory lesbian posted:

so why doesn't she just stay as thor instead of being the cancer person

It's complicated. Female Thor was declared a fugitive by Odin because his son, the original Thor, is missing. Her secret identity of Jane Foster represents Midgard (Earth) on the counsel of realms. It's a good twist on the typical secret identity, and is a very good book. Haters vacate.

Shame there's no Thor summon in FF. Working on getting my summoner Odin in FFT. Really reminds me of tabletop gaming, like Warhammer or Heroclix or something.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Mega64 posted:

I blame the FF9 LP.

Then I resumed it, and...welp.

You resumed it? gently caress, now I have to go do a catch up read.

Help Im Alive posted:

What is that post

:biotruths: :black101:

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Gologle posted:

Please support expanded mental healthcare in America.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
On the World of Final Fantasy collectors edition page, it says: "Orders received after October 10th, 2016 11:59pm PST will arrive after the Release Day."

Yet when I go to pre-order it, the order page says: "Note: the shipment will occur after October 25, 2016"

Any idea wtf is up with this?

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

On the World of Final Fantasy collectors edition page, it says: "Orders received after October 10th, 2016 11:59pm PST will arrive after the Release Day."

Yet when I go to pre-order it, the order page says: "Note: the shipment will occur after October 25, 2016"

Any idea wtf is up with this?

maybe they ran out

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I got an email a few days ago saying they had less than 2000 left so it's possible.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
If you're not adverse to digital, doing a digital pre-order on PSN also gets you the exclusive stuff.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Which I just did. Here's hoping World of FF is fun times.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

did they say if GACKT is in it yet

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

here's a question. the ps4 store says world of final fantasy digital gets

quote:

DIGITAL PRE-ORDER DETAILS:

Pre-order and receive a bonus after checking out:
- • WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY – Grymoire’s Greatest Theme

The following bonuses will be available on October 25, 2016:
• Cactuar Johnny
• Crimson Armor

The WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY® DIGITAL DAY ONE EDITION includes the following bonus content:
• Sephiroth summon
• Red Bonnetberry
• White Chocobo
• Glow Moogle
• Japanese VO

the day one stuff is retailer neutral but it isn't clear if the 'following bonuses' stuff is just for the psn store or what? If you google them you get dumb game news sites saying they are psn store exclusives but no source on that statement. the phrasing here 'the following bonuses will be available' makes it sound like they will be free dlc that they put up on release day like they do for every tales game or whatever

here is an image

I think maybe they are psn store exclusives but I don't think they were up there when I last looked like a month ago

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Sep 29, 2016

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Bonnetberry :allears:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Hey you non-mmo babies, FFXIV's new patch added a fight against Alexander which is actually the best/coolest boss fight in Final Fantasy so I suggest finding a video of it cause it's great.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Sep 29, 2016

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Hey you non-mmo babies, FFXIV's new patch added a fight against Alexander which is actually the best/coolest boss fight in Final Fantasy so I suggest finding a video of it cause it's great.

I think Brute Justice and Nidhog are better but it's a really, really cool fight regardless.

Kwosge
Dec 6, 2005

Lincoln-fish, the most powerful of all the Lincoln based animals.
Is there a FFXV thread? Or is all the talk about it here?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3770418&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Failboattootoot posted:

I think Brute Justice and Nidhog are better but it's a really, really cool fight regardless.

Nidogg would have been cooler if either Nidhogg or Estinien weren't massive loving jokes but both of them have spent the entire MSQ as failures so the Final Steps of faith lacks that Oomph of Alexander's Judgement.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Kwosge posted:

Is there a FFXV thread? Or is all the talk about it here?

There is but it's not very active lately so you may need to go back a few pages to find it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Only two months to go....

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Only two months to go....

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

That's really mean. Reported.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I have one set up for The Last Guardian too :smith:

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
The Last Guardian is never coming out.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i ordered WOFF even though none of you would tell me if interceptor is in it

the preorder theme has good ff sound effects

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Grozz Nuy posted:

The Last Guardian is never coming out.

You're never coming out

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

You're never coming out

That's his business

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

You're never coming out

ha, gay

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Sakurazuka posted:

I have one set up for The Last Guardian too :smith:

https://twitter.com/KazHiraiCEO/status/780392088533884930

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Just watched Kingsglaive. It sure is a mixed bag. Sometimes gorgeous, sometimes phony-looking. Decent voice performances but Libertus' VA is so bad he drags down every single scene he's in. The first half does a pretty good job of explaining the setting, then the rest of the movie is literally one extended action sequence before it just... ends.

There's a post credit sequence that somewhat bridges the movie and game but it does nothing to make the movie stand on its own merits. It's like half a first act stretched out into two hours.

Most of these things I expected. What I didn't expect was the lousy lip syncing. It's impossible to ignore and it's mindblowing that the movie was made in English and they still managed to make such a bad job.

Good things: some scenes have GREAT facial animation, the details on buildings, monsters, and even extras in the backgrounds are impressive, some action sequences are pretty fun to watch, and it made me looking forward to seeing more of Luna. It was darkly hilarious how she constantly tried to be an action heroine only to be stopped and pushed aside by the cocky main character. I seriously hope she's a kickass princess in the game or S-E dropped the ball completely.

Oh and the main villains we've also seen in the game trailers are pretty great and fun to watch.

All in all, it's (technically) an improvement on their previous films, and if they'd only hire a decent scriptwriter I'm sure they could make a good movie someday. 6/10.

EDIT: Fair warning. If you are one of those people who hated the final battle in Man of Steel you might want to avoid this movie.

But if you're a FF fan there are plenty of references to the games without them seeming out of place, which was fun. No chocobos unfortunately

EDIT2: Aaron Paul in a sound booth is hilarious, and his interviews as well. He can barely muster enough energy to say his PR lines. Sean Bean seems really into it though.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Sep 30, 2016

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
is it the next spirits within

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
It's been a while since I watched Spirits Within but that movie had three acts and an ending that resolved most of its plot threads so I'd say it wins by default.

It's similar in that it has this giant city protected by a bubble which is utterly destroyed and too many characters that only exist to be killed and that noone has any reason to care about.

I did enjoy my time with it but I own both SW and AC on DVD and Bluray so...

Edit: Unfortunately KG doesn't have a video of the characters dancing to Thriller but it does have a clip of Aaron Paul jogging in place inside a sound booth.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Oct 1, 2016