Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
GMC Syclone S2 class

Heh. Heh. :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddion
Jan 12, 2008

My gosh, you're right Sam! THE GORILLA SHOULD BE DRIVING!
You can get the '87 Firebird up to S2.

Everyone should do that.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
GutBomb, what is this copycat bullshit your drivatar is pulling?

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Is there a way to force a change to time of day? Twice I've driven to the middle of nowhere for a barn find only for it to get dark as I get there.

Also, how do you add more people to your Drivatar Lineup?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Atmus posted:

GutBomb, what is this copycat bullshit your drivatar is pulling?

My Lancia! :allears:

I love how GutBomb's copycat doesn't match. Still, points for effort! A good troll.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Sep 30, 2016

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Dr. Faustus posted:

My Lancia! :allears:

I love how GutBomb's copycat doesn't match. Still, points for effort! A good troll.

In all seriousness, I;m guessing someone copied the same RL car I did, but didn't change the sponsors like I did. Also I guess the 8 would be a coincidence.

Or Gutbomb is just a huge jerk, which seems believable.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Lol I downloaded that livery when I bought the car. Yours showed up in the list too but I got this one.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
Huge Jerk confirmed. It even tried to run me off the track a few times.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
After upgrading everything on my Ford GT, I did a total conversion and suddenly I could reapply all upgrades again. Not sure if that's intended or not, because now I have an 1150kW Ford GT. The TCR field is lit solid the first three gears, despite AWD. :suicide:

--edit: That's apparently over 1500hp.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Just started playing this, and - Croikey mate get those bloody dingos off the runway
I'm getting rock solid framerates at all resolutions. I'm on an Xbone and it's literally the finest piece of consumer electronics I've ever used and the RAM is fine, it's really great, some of the best RAM.

I just hired whatcubed as my first drivatar, so, like, you can see what kind of Festival I'm running here.

Update: Howdy's 3 million fans are a nice add for my #2. Well done Howdy.

Ether Frenzy fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Sep 30, 2016

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Spent the entire night basically tuning a single car, a '91 Intregra. I kept doing the same race and focusing on the same line and boy did it help me learn how to tune exactly how I wanted it. My goal was to keep it B rank. I started very stock and went for brakes, grip, etc. which feels like a newbie trap for tuning as previously mentioned.

Now I'm running stock (but fat) tires, still FWD, and slowly tweaked every piece until it had that just right level of steer where I could ride the threshold and slide around corners a full gear higher than opponents. I'm playing legitimately full difficulty settings with a G27 and with my current tune it still feels like cheating.

My advice to anyone as new as I am to Forza is to find one car that you sort of click with stock and then rank it up to A-B, but no farther. Do a bunch of races that you can't quite beat and understand what aspects made you lose (lost speed in turns, bad acceleration out of a turn, spinning out, etc) and try to tune gently against it. It took some time but learning by experience made me understand the finer points of tuning in short order. Way easier than trying to guess what my car needed.

Once you tune one car and learn the back and forth, you get a way better feel and can drive a stock tune for a couple minutes and know immediately what you need to do. S2 and that are a bit weird to me, but I'm sure I can tune a winning car D-A and usually S1.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

Combat Pretzel posted:

After upgrading everything on my Ford GT, I did a total conversion and suddenly I could reapply all upgrades again. Not sure if that's intended or not, because now I have an 1150kW Ford GT. The TCR field is lit solid the first three gears, despite AWD. :suicide:

--edit: That's apparently over 1500hp.

The total conversions are just upgrade presets by turn 10, you could buy it, take it off and manually reapply it one part at a time if you wanted to our you can do what you did which is buy it and then add the rest of the upgrades.

subx
Jan 12, 2003

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Asnorban posted:

Such bad luck with spins. Regularly getting the 5-10k credits spin. And now just leveled up and it bugged out because I started a head to head right when my chain ended and didn't hit X within a half second or so and its not on the menu. Going to win a car someday.

Same here, at level 30 something and the only cars I've won (like 4?) have been sub-100k random things.

General Probe posted:

The total conversions are just upgrade presets by turn 10, you could buy it, take it off and manually reapply it one part at a time if you wanted to our you can do what you did which is buy it and then add the rest of the upgrades.
I don't think that's right? A total conversion is an entirely new motor (different cylinder count, sizes, etc.), or drivetrain to AWD/2WD. You can't just upgrade individual parts to get a new motor.

subx fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Sep 30, 2016

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
So I just got Horizon 3 for PC, God Bless. How can I get in on a crew or whatever cool poo poo?

Gamertag is the same name as here.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

so uh, why in the blue hell does forza horizon 3 not have any mr2s at all :psyduck:

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Cubey posted:

so uh, why in the blue hell does forza horizon 3 not have any mr2s at all :psyduck:

Hopefully this means they wont be re-using the forza 2 model for Forza 7. They are probibly re-doing it. (The SW20 was especially bad)

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
They give you a NSX early on at least.

Also:

Anime Store Adventure posted:

Spent the entire night basically tuning a single car, a '91 Intregra.

It is a good car, arguably the best FWD ever so enjoy :japan:

I have never considered buying a Honda irl so I always end up building one in whatever Forza/Gran Turismo I'm in once I run out of ideas. I would like to see more front-wheel cars in this game. The lowest H3 seems to go is D class but there could be a lot of cool economy options that double as car ads since that's what this game basically is. Things like Camrys/Accords/Altimas. Sentras/Versas/Corollas/Yaris/etc... things that would max out around B class even with an I6/V8 swap.

One of the first things I did was build my irl car in this game as soon as it let me. It's fun and amusing and I think would work great in a game to add a E or F class but I totally understand why the focus is on at least RWD cars or better if not exotic.

Thief fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Sep 30, 2016

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I've spent too much time bashing horizon in this thread this week but i'll get one last one out in response to "not enough FWD/No MR2" and thats that the games seem to focus on this "Hypercar douchebag fantasy" model that doesnt do it for me. I 100% honestly do not covet a SLS AMG, or a Huracan or a Veyron. I dont find them cool or good looking or interesting to "drive" in games. Thats kid stuff. I love the MR2s and Integras and Miatas, and beyond the "Starter car" class in the game, the horizon games have always been lacking a bit in this "Slow car fast" section of the car enthusiast world.

Hell, So did forza 5 and 6. Not a single chevrolet spark to be seen. Maybe the forza 4 holdouts were on to something.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

MattD1zzl3 posted:

this "Hypercar douchebag fantasy" model that doesnt do it for me.

That's pretty much true for even more serious car sims.

This game handles low end performance way better than supercars even though it is arcade based. The drift sections, street races and rally events are the best thing in the game despite everything in general being so forgiving.

The #1 thing that attracts me to this game is the car selection on the low end - I just think it could go even lower and still be fun. It is the best despite the focus on Lambos and Ferraris that all look/feel the same. As a PC player, this is a loving huge problem just look at your options across games like Project Cars that are so focused on unobtainable vehicles that they often only have literally 1-3 options that your average irl driver could relate to. The only exception to this is maybe Assetto Corsa and even then it is so thin it feels like the engine is going to waste.

Thief fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Sep 30, 2016

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

I like fast cars and I like slow cars and I like being able to take any of them on the beach or the forest.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
I want to know why the Forza series has had about 20 different Mustangs and not a single Torino.

I assume there are similar issues with the other, lesser manufacturers but gently caress if I can be bothered to research them.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

MattD1zzl3 posted:

I've spent too much time bashing horizon in this thread this week but i'll get one last one out in response to "not enough FWD/No MR2" and thats that the games seem to focus on this "Hypercar douchebag fantasy" model that doesnt do it for me. I 100% honestly do not covet a SLS AMG, or a Huracan or a Veyron. I dont find them cool or good looking or interesting to "drive" in games. Thats kid stuff. I love the MR2s and Integras and Miatas, and beyond the "Starter car" class in the game, the horizon games have always been lacking a bit in this "Slow car fast" section of the car enthusiast world.

Hell, So did forza 5 and 6. Not a single chevrolet spark to be seen. Maybe the forza 4 holdouts were on to something.

agreed mostly. i groaned when the game started me in the flagship lambo which is more akin to getting a supersized mcnuggets meal. that said i do enjoy driving ferraris and mclarens. But yeah i mostly end up doing hotlaps in the different miata generations or in FH3's case just having fun driving around the map.

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm

Thief posted:

The #1 thing that attracts me to this game is the car selection on the low end - I just think it could go even lower and still be fun. It is the best despite the focus on Lambos and Ferraris that all look/feel the same. As a PC player, this is a loving huge problem just look at your options across games like Project Cars that are so focused on unobtainable vehicles that they often only have literally 1-3 options that your average irl driver could relate to. The only exception to this is maybe Assetto Corsa and even then it is so thin it feels like the engine is going to waste.

Tearing around on those desert races in our D class cult classics was so much fun last night, we should do more goofy races/builds.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Hell yeah, I'll take any excuse to buy old Nissans/Toyotas!

The SC300 is basically a badass Toyota 240SX and I'm very happy they put one in this game:

...btw, you can do a loving rotary swap and make it an AWD S-Class nightmare of acceleration:

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Keket posted:

we should do more goofy races/builds.

Feel free to start a weekly series like gutbomb did. I imagine the same format but with a "Create a track" option like FH3 apparently has would be a blast.

Sometime last year in the dark days of early forza 5 i said something like "I really hope they add rolling starts and proximity arrows" (really, it was those two things together and nothing else), so on the offchance that one of you goony goons is actually Dan Greenwalt or something:

"I really hope they expand the franchise again with 'Forza Rallysport'".

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Does fh3 really have the ability to create a track that multiple people can race on at once? There's the blueprint bucket list challenges where you can set a start and finish but you're racing by yourself and can't set waypoints or anything. Is there another mode I'm not aware of?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
They have my actual IRL car in the game and it's pretty awesome, but they hosed up the carbon-weave leather dash and used a somewhat lovely & shiny carbon fiber insert that never came on the E9x's and it's literally a worse atrocity to humankind than the side markers on the MR2 being 2 gradients of amber too orange. Or whatever the issue is with that model that gets posted by Dizzle every 11 months like clockwork.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

I don't mind stupid supercars, but I do think ordinary cars are more fun to gently caress around with.

And I got this babby in a spin

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

my new mom-mobile for driving between events is a 750hp AWD volvo station wagon on rally tires and suspension.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Here are some of my most recent barn finds:

:perfect:

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
I thought all copies of the game were play anywhere.

Woops.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

This car has immediately sold each time I've listed it on the auction house because putting Paul Walker's :rice: skin on it is apparently worth max price:

The R32 is actually cooler :ssh:

I am close to banking $5mil now just in case a Horizon Edition Silvia ever goes on auction for immediate buyout.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Thief posted:

This car has immediately sold each time I've listed it on the auction house because putting Paul Walker's :rice: skin on it is apparently worth max price:

The R32 is actually cooler :ssh:

I am close to banking $5mil now just in case a Horizon Edition Silvia ever goes on auction for immediate buyout.

Wait, the max price I can list it for is 69k.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

I think its based on whatever mods you dump onto it. If you buy it cheap from the auction house you can make like 40k off of it though you just have to snipe ending bids. It's generally not worth the effort but it's something to do when periodically scanning for that rare Silvia.

SoulChicken
Sep 19, 2003

mek it fuhnki
Anyone know what settings are good to make the G29 control not feel like a simulation. Its too much hard work and I don't feel in control. Driving wheel virgin here.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Ether Frenzy posted:

They have my actual IRL car in the game and it's pretty awesome, but they hosed up the carbon-weave leather dash and used a somewhat lovely & shiny carbon fiber insert that never came on the E9x's and it's literally a worse atrocity to humankind than the side markers on the MR2 being 2 gradients of amber too orange. Or whatever the issue is with that model that gets posted by Dizzle every 11 months like clockwork.

i like that you are so blind to the reason people care about the car models being wrong. hint: it wasn't an issue anyone cared about at all until forza 5. i'll let you figure out why that is~

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

I owned 2 MR2's and I never buy/drive those cars in racing games because it makes me sad that I no longer have one.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Ah for gently caress's sake, finally figured out why I couldn't connect to online at all.

FH3 gets loving confused if there's secondary network adapters without internet connectivity. I have a second one for iSCSI to my NAS and two VMware virtual adapters. The game balked at that. Disabled them all apart from the interwebz one, and voila, I can do online freeroam and poo poo.

:suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
http://www.target.com/p/forza-horiz...gt_adv_xasd0002

So Target has FH3 for $19.99. Countdown until takedown in 3 ... 2 ...

edit: dead

L_Harrison fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Oct 1, 2016

• Locked thread