Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Oath complete!

Did the technical challenge on the cyborg and #SquadGoals with all the Blood Rage guys.
Cyborgs are still cyberpunk, right? Or has it turned into gluing a motherboard onto a tophat? Anyway Punks love Dick, and I even found two lines that was deleted from the original print of A Scanner Darkly for that extra point:
"Arctor finally had two braincells click together at Thanksgiving and managed to pass a blue flower to one of the undercover agents at New Path.
So they sent in the cyborgs to deal with the farms."
~Fin~

This time I'm sure to win that Aetherium set, which is good, 'cause I really want a copy :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

enri posted:

I, enri, hereby oath to paint... a single epic scale land raider (of the imperial fists chapter, out of necessity)

I've really struggled to find anything I wanted to paint this month, especially something in yellow, so this is the oath thread equivalent of 'phoning it in' I'm afraid :(

wdarkk posted:

Ugh, forgot to post this.

I, wdarkk, Oath one Eden's Dinosaur for Dropzone Commander (Hawk Wargames, Resin, 10mm).

NTRabbit posted:

OATH ADDITION

One dragon hatchling black from Reaper (25mm)

headlor posted:

I, headlor, oath 1 Infinity Nomad Mobile Brigada for September.

Leaving it late in the month again!

Ledgem posted:

I, Ledgem, Oath 1 privateer press alligator

KPC_Mammon posted:

I, KPC_Mammon, oath that I'll paint this 2nd edition Warhammer 40k Space Marine (28mm) from Games Workshop.

Yvonmukluk posted:

I, Yvonmukluk, being of sound mind, do Oath that I will paint these 5 River Horse 28mm Terminator Crawlers.

Edit: I apologise for the delay between taking the photo & uploading (plus the poor quality) - my phone was being uncooperative.

Approved!

:siren: 25 hours til the end of September! :siren: - this is a good time to double check The Spreadsheet and make sure nothing's been missed!

Also a service announcement - I've been in touch with krushgroove and he's hyper busy currently. He's still dealing with the sponsors and figuring out who is honouring their season 6 prize commitments so hopefully we'll get an update on that when he has the time.

However, I'll be taking over the management of putting together the monthly Judge galleries - I intend to set up some sort of image hosting account and getting on with the ones for this Season over the weekend.

It looks like our resident season comic illustrator moths is also pretty busy and won't be able to continue the adventures of our intrepid Orc for a while. If anyone else wants to give it a shot, feel free!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

One ship down, one more and I might get 2/5 done!

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
:sun:Oath complete!:sun:

Journal is the yellow clothing on these two guys

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

KPC_Mammon posted:

I, KPC_Mammon, oath that I'll paint this 2nd edition Warhammer 40k Space Marine (28mm) from Games Workshop.

Oath Addition: Mobile Brigada from Corvus Belli's 28mm Infinity.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
How big of sticklers we on the final time? I've been reliably getting in an hour or two of painting a weeknight trying to meet my oath. Got all the big painting mile stones done last night but still need to do little things like paint a few eye lenses and add transfers that I know won't likely get done until around midnight tonight. Should I just declare oath failed?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
You have until Midnight in American Samoa, so like 5 am EST or 9 am GMT or something like that.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

:shittydog: OATH COMPLETE :shittydog:

Train station

Helipad

Container

Short bridge

Long bridge

Dragon hatchling. Claiming the September challenge for the yellow dragon hatchling, purely done with glaze, wash, and some highlights you can hardly see because really, it's yellow on yellow.

Also claiming speed painting for the dragon, timed photos here

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

KPC_Mammon posted:

Approved, don't forget to include your original model with your new completion post.

Uroboros posted:

How big of sticklers we on the final time? I've been reliably getting in an hour or two of painting a weeknight trying to meet my oath. Got all the big painting mile stones done last night but still need to do little things like paint a few eye lenses and add transfers that I know won't likely get done until around midnight tonight. Should I just declare oath failed?

I don't know what time zone you're in, but as of this post you have 18 hours and a bit. Check the Important Oathing Dates site for a countdown: https://oath-countdown.appspot.com/

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Zark the Damned posted:

Approved, don't forget to include your original model with your new completion post.

I don't know what time zone you're in, but as of this post you have 18 hours and a bit. Check the Important Oathing Dates site for a countdown: https://oath-countdown.appspot.com/

Central US, so I might have just enough. Going to be a late paint night, at least it is a Friday.

Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne
Oath Complete!
I'm a firm believer that this thread is great for forcing me to learn new techniques and ways to paint. In this case, it has taught me never paint yellow again.

I've already seen a whole bunch of things I know I could've improved on but it was a rushjob to get it done in time for the deadline. Really need to start earlier..
Edit: oh and obviously claiming the Technical challenge

Scowny fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Sep 30, 2016

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Scowny posted:

I'm a firm believer that this thread is great for forcing me to learn new techniques and ways to paint. In this case, it has taught me never paint yellow again.
^^^ This.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Oath Bodged Complete!

I abso-blody-lutely hate painting yellow, this month left me feeling cold and lacking enthusiasm, so I totally accept that this is phoning it in. Lessons learned: even a grey undercoat is not a fantastic starter for a yellow base, even with the old citadel foundation paints (3 bloody coats it took!) - and then highlighting was a total poo poo, couldn't get a clean coat of yellow on the top and it looks messy as bloody hell. I hate it.

So thank you oath thread for reminding me to not start anything yellow for a long while yet.

Claiming
- the monthly challenge thingy for the sake of completeness

Dear October, please don't have a horrible technical / theme challenge thingy.

INinja132
Aug 7, 2015

Oath complete!

Reasonably happy with how this one turned out. My wash got a bit out of hand but didn't have time to fix it unfortunately. Claiming the technical challenge for yellow as well.

Camera quality (and lighting for that matter) is terrible, but hopefully you get the idea:

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Oath Complete!

A couple of days ago I was far from certain I'd make it! Technically, the water effect I put in 26hrs ago is still drying/evaporating but otherwise I'm there!

Claiming technical challenge for the adorable bald hobo in his dirty yellow sleeping bag. I tried something different I saw of painting the area brown, washing a watery bright orange over it all then hitting it with the yellow. It gave me that dirty look so maybe it worked?

My first attempt at a water effect! Not sure if I'm doing it right! I mixed in a couple drops of blue and green wash to try and tint the water a little, probably didn't put enough in. I also think I should probably have varnished before I poured it in as I think the paint has reacted slightly? I'm maybe learning stuff here anyway.

Not gonna lie, I'm quite happy with how these turned out with just a little dry brushing.

Tatty old Simpsons couch reporting in!

These guys came with the above accessory set and I wasn't sure about them initially, but they are really growing on me!

I love this guy even if he was a challenge. Those little pipes over his head? They can gently caress right off! That was a pretty stressful bit of assembly as I had to bend, cut down and glue one of them back together after I snapped it to make them even vaguely fit. Should be fun on the table though, reasonably happy with the end result.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Oath Complete!
Not as happy with it as I could be, but there was a ton of humidity down here and I've been feeling kind of icky.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Oath Complete!

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Oath complete!

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog
Just as a suggestion to everyone out there horrified by their experience painting yellow, the recipe I used on my assassin (and I think it would have looked better if I'd just called it done before adding 'highlights', was the easiest thing ever - bone with a yellow wash over top. I can't recommend this highly enough. I have painted yellow before any never been anywhere near as happy as I was with that. YMMV

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

glitchkrieg posted:

I, glitchkrieg, oath these 2 GW Squigs, a GW Painboy and a Mano di Porco Squig for the month of September.

(Linking because my host is being poo poo with images at the moment)

Oath complete!

Had to rush the Orc to finish, as I ended up stripping the Blood Bowl Squig and repainting from scratch due to loving up the yellow. Second time around I varnished it, then used masking tape and ended up with a pretty neat stripe.

Will get a better pic of the minis tomorrow, but now it's time to crash.

hexa fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Oct 1, 2016

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Oath Complete!

Everybody is yellow for the JURNAL!

The DAK guys are also for the Dick contest, celebrating The Man in the High Tower - Which turned out to be better than the show and had an ending (despite what you've heard.)

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

moths posted:

Oath Complete!
The DAK guys are also for the Dick contest, celebrating The Man in the High Tower - Which turned out to be better than the show and had an ending (despite what you've heard.)

I still have to see the show one of these days... Amazing book though!

Germ
May 7, 2013

Zark the Damned posted:

However, I'll be taking over the management of putting together the monthly Judge galleries - I intend to set up some sort of image hosting account and getting on with the ones for this Season over the weekend.

Great! I feel like I've been the laziest Judge ever this season. I'm looking forward to taking another look at everything!

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath Breaker about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
Oath Complete!

The big guy was fun. I was experimenting with different painting techniques than I normally use. Neutral zenithally highlighted colours to start with, then coloured by glazes.
I don't think I gave it quite enough contrast before I glazed it, and had to spend a while touching it up afterwards.
Still doesn't have quite as much contrast as I'd like, but then again my normal paint schemes tend to be eyeball searing.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

KPC_Mammon posted:

KPC_Mammon posted:

KPC_Mammon posted:

Oath Complete!

Technical Challenge: Yellow
Speed Painting!

Oath Complete!

Nomad Mobile Brigada is for the Punks Love Dick contest; Infinity is pretty cyberpunk, with the Nomad faction being some of the most "punk" in the setting.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I, Schmetterling, hereby Oath for the month of September, a Poison Gamin from Wyrd Games, Malifaux

About five hours left before the deadline, let's see how yellow I can make it!

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
:hellyeah: Oath Complete!

Ten mantic ironwatch, dwarves with shotguns and fire giant colours.

One Loka piece, a canary griffon for Technical Challenge: Yellow

And one Stonehaven mini with some amateur osl, any advice on improvements would be appreciated!

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

1:32 AM...Oath Complete...blargh. Gym in less than six hours, I think I will temper my oath expectations this month.

Behold! my terrible lighting!

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath complete!

Claiming jurnal for my yellow work on the right model.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Oath Complete

My strategy of scaling my expectations way back this month paid off, I think. I only got one mini done but I'm very happy with it, compared to last month where I shat out 5 of them in mediocre (even for me) condition.

Challenge is the fact that it's a bright yellow tunic on a slightly more golden-brown-yellow gnoll. Xzibit, eat your heart out.

LewdMonocle
Mar 8, 2007

LewdMonocle posted:

I, LewdMonocle, Oath 3 Corvus Belli Infinity models 28mm

Oath Complete!

Claiming Technical Yellow. Does black and yellow count for the bus theme? Judges?

Eh this looks worse then it is, waiting for the varnish to dry.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Oath Complete!

(Her arms keep popping off, I need to just go ahead and pin them in place and cut off the glue that's been building up on the joints)

Not based yet because I have a battalion of these guys and I haven't figured out what basing to use yet

Edit:

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Oct 2, 2016

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
Oath Complete!

Claiming the technical challenge for my Space Marine grunt dude

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Oath Complete

Claiming Challenge for the yellow and Punks Love Dick because it's a little steam punk robot.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Schmetterling posted:

I, Schmetterling, hereby Oath for the month of September, a Poison Gamin from Wyrd Games, Malifaux

About five hours left before the deadline, let's see how yellow I can make it!

Approved!

:siren: 1 hour left for September! :siren:

RUM hack
Nov 18, 2003

glug glug

Oath Complete!

Scraping in at the last hour!

Did Punks Love Dick contest; The Mobile Brigada is about as cyberpunk as it gets, it's even got Shirow style bunny ears.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Oath Complete!

As yellow as possible for the Challenge, with bonus Scorpion Green claws and poison.

Interestingly, my colourblind partner sees this model as shaded with a sickly green, fading into brown. He described it as "a banana that's either too ripe or not ripe enough".

Schmetterling fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Oct 1, 2016

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Oath Complete

Claiming Yellow, and Punks love Dick for the cyborg pulling the sword.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

:siren: OK Folks, September is finished! :siren:

Onwards to:

October: The month of horror movie releases and Halloween!
technical challenge: in the spirit of the "hidden threat" in classic suspense films (such as the mother/neighbor you'd never suspect, or the "evil twin"), paint a model with a very bright spotlight source of light! This is tricky because of the extreme brightness on one side of the model, and extreme darkness on the other side! Alternatively, paint a mostly BLACK model! Black should be at least 50% of the model, or more. You should have shading, mid-tones and highlighting
theme challenge: paint any type of scary monster, in any style you like! This can be something like Creature from the Black Lagoon, Alien, Cloverfield, a large doll, whatever!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I, Pierzak, being sick and insane, oath for October the following models:

YĀN HUǑ Hyper-Rapid Magnetic Cannon
YĀN HUǑ 2 Missile Launchers + TinBot C (Neurocinetics)
GŬILÁNG Combi Rifle
GŬILÁNG MULTI Sniper Rifle
DÀOFĚI MULTI Rifle / Shock CCW
DÀOFĚI HMG
DÀOFĚI Boarding Shotgun
KEISOTSU Combi Rifle
KEISOTSU Combi Rifle
KEISOTSU Combi Rifle
KEISOTSU Combi Rifle+ Light Grenade Launcher
TIGER SOLDIER Hacker Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower
KǍNRÈN Chain-colt / Monofilament CCW
NINJA Tactical Bow
NINJA Shock CCW
NINJA MULTI Sniper Rifle
NINJA Hacker Shock CCW

Everything except the custom tinbot is Corvus Belli/Infinity, 28mm.

• Locked thread