Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
And then whenever a binational state is brought up every Israeli talks about "demographic issues" which would indicate their lack of commitment to democracy or equality before the law.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Cat Mattress posted:

I'm telling you your hypothetical is dumb.

Even in a hypothetical one-state scenario where Israel and Palestine are politically united into a single administration, Hamas would not have complete control over it.

Since the South African example often comes up, here's the first post-Apartheid South African parliament. Notice how the ANC does not have 100% of the seats. And that's with a population where the former oppressors were in a clear minority (less than 20%). The population of Israel is over 8 millions, including over 6 million Jews; that of occupied Palestine is about 5 millions, of which over half a million are settlers. You'd get a combined population of 6.683 million Jews and 6.238 million Arabs; my god does that smell like "absolute total control to Hamas for sure".

What makes you imagine that Hamas, an organization that was foundationally antisemitic and eliminationist and still clings to Palestinian revanchism and a Palestinian state from the river to the sea, would accept entering into a parliamentary government on equal terms with Jewish Israelis? Even if we were to take this fantasy seriously, let's say that a Hamas-led coalition takes control of the new Israeltinian government. What would Hamas do with control of the IDF and all the other mechanisms of state violence? Given that it has constantly insisted on a revanchist fantasy of reclaiming every inch of land.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

The Insect Court posted:

What makes you imagine that Hamas, an organization that was foundationally antisemitic and eliminationist and still clings to Palestinian revanchism and a Palestinian state from the river to the sea, would accept entering into a parliamentary government on equal terms with Jewish Israelis? Even if we were to take this fantasy seriously, let's say that a Hamas-led coalition takes control of the new Israeltinian government. What would Hamas do with control of the IDF and all the other mechanisms of state violence? Given that it has constantly insisted on a revanchist fantasy of reclaiming every inch of land.

What makes you think that any Israeli government would have interest in doing something other than allowing settlers to drive Palestinians onto worse and worse land until their abject poverty eliminates them or drives them off the land while using blockades to prevent them from accessing outside support?

Even the Israeli two-state solution proposals tend to include Israeli control over the border which would allow them to continue the blockade.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

The Insect Court posted:

Your worst case scenario is exactly the same as the current status quo, but with the signs reversed. Perhaps that means the current status quo is also really terrible and the ideal solution involves some kind of... whatever the opposite of a gross imbalance of power is?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The Insect Court posted:

I like this post since its an implicit admission that things are poo poo for the Palestinians.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I like this post since its an implicit admission that things are poo poo for the Palestinians.
"Well, we can't yield even one inch—what if they were someday in a position to us what we are doing to them?!"

Please, pro-status quo peeps, explain to me how my fake quote is a strawman argument rather than a pithy summation.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

The Insect Court posted:

What makes you imagine that Hamas would obtain power over six million Jewish Israeli without their explicit consent?

What makes you think the IDF, which as far as I know is made up mostly of Jewish Israeli, some Druzes, and basically none of the Israeli Arabs, would follow Hamas' orders to exterminate the Jews?

You bunch keep using absurd hypotheticals and refusing to address their absurdity. It's just dumb. And it's transparent, too: you're deliberately avoiding addressing reality, so you waste everyone's time debating fantasyland.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

team overhead smash posted:

This times a million

Why are we having digression about an alternate reality fanfiction scenario where the Palestinians are in control of Israel rather than vice versa as is actually the case in reality?

Because it's a necessary premise to establish in order to use what might be my very favorite genocide excuse, "we have to keep ethnically cleansing and apartheiding them because otherwise they might someday end up in power and ethnically cleanse and apartheid us back in revenge for all the ethnic cleansing and apartheiding we did".

Avshalom posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:cmon:

The Insect Court posted:

Even if we were to take this fantasy seriously, let's say that a Hamas-led coalition takes control of the new Israeltinian government. What would Hamas do with control of the IDF and all the other mechanisms of state violence?

About the same that Mohammed Morsi did in Egypt - rule ineffectually in the face of deliberate resistance at every level of the state apparatus, and then get couped and overthrown by the IDF at the first slight excuse.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Cugel the Clever posted:

"Well, we can't yield even one inch—what if they were someday in a position to us what we are doing to them?!"

Freepers tend to have the same logic about Obama.

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

Dead Reckoning posted:

Seriously though, Zimbabwe and to a lesser extent Angola are archetypal examples of negotiated settlements imposed with the help of outside powers that imploded immediately. The Zimbabwe parallels in particular are obvious: a power sharing agreement with international backing was supposed to protect the rights of the formerly-empowered minority, and the whole thing went to pieces, because it turns out that radical militant ethnic militias don't feel bound to keep their promises or make any attempt to govern with an even hand.

Or for an even more obvious parallel, look at Israel and the Palestinians' own history. The partition plan didn't work, neither side signed on to it, the whole thing collapsed into a civil war, and afterwards both sides used state power to gently caress with and expel their ethnic/religious rivals in the territory they controlled. The most generous interpretation of calls for a return to the 1947 borders to be imposed by outside powers via economic pressure (because lol there is no reason for Israel to do it unilaterally) is to get a reset to '47, which would immediately collapse into fighting again, because none of the underlying issues have been resolved since then, and the one state solution is somehow even worse.

It's really sad that the only way your blind support of Israel can remain consistent is to also implicitly portray white settlers in Africa as a bunch of quaint old European farmers being victimized as soon as they lost minority control, completely sidestepping any events that transpired leading up to independence. It's a masterful exercise in context removal, because instead of talking about your ridiculous hypothetical we could be talking about atrocities committed during the hundreds of years of colonialism.

I bet you'd make a straight-faced attempt to portray Cuba's involvement in Angola as Soviet imperialism lol

E: And the white minority population in almost every country you listed has and continues, to this day, to mostly constitute the middle and upper class.

SyHopeful fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Oct 1, 2016

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Avshalom posted:

we live in fear of the arab race. they hate us, they've always hated us, and so we want them out of the country. israelis think if there are no more palestinians then there'll be no more terror attacks. every arab is an angry soul, they clasp inside their selves a white-hot kernel of rage just as i clasp inside my self a pink-hot kernel of sexuality also known as a clitoris, that crown of sparkling nerve stumps that delivers unto me the tidal rush of the orgasm. the pigs are in control. the pigs are in control. all exists under dominion of the pigs. ariel's unborn child sleeping in my womb is just a roast turkey dinner to the pigs. in my peach groves the pigs feast on wormy poison fruits and lie down and die in the compost slush of rotted leaves and fructose. i begin to dance and my trousers plummet to reveal a vista of winsome flesh. my peninsula is bountiful. my oceans are crisply cool. as i rotate at blinding speed my underwear decays and drops away in falls of cotton dust. time drags blunt claws across my body. my breasts sag. my buttocks deflate. and yet my vagina maintains its vigour; it waits tense and roseate for the approach of unwary prey. so i was made, so i am. so i live, so i die. i will live forever. i have already died. i am a ghost, like all my race - all ghosts, caged in a diseased and tortured history

Do not silence the prophet.

The Insect Court posted:

Really a one state would need to ban parties like Jewish Home and Hamas. It would probably have to engage in illiberal means to achieve any tranquility likeley for decades upon decades.It would not be a power in the region either.

Crowsbeak fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Oct 1, 2016

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
I don't know about this Israel-Palestine conflict but I think the US should have invited the jews to settle in America after WW2. Then the secret of how to make delicious bagels would be ours and ours alone.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
we got roughly half the jews

and the best bagels are made in montreal

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Cranappleberry posted:

I don't know about this Israel-Palestine conflict but I think the US should have invited the jews to settle in America after WW2. Then the secret of how to make delicious bagels would be ours and ours alone.

Don't even be talking about bagels yo

The secret is sweet delicious lox

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

The Insect Court posted:

If they control the IDF why would they have to do anything? I'd say controlling the IDF is a fait accompli. Not sure how they would achieve this. Think there might be a bit of resistance.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Main Paineframe posted:

Don't even be talking about bagels yo

The secret is sweet delicious lox

Kosher preserved meats kick all sorts of rear end tho.

Pastrami 4 lyfe

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
Their ancestors helped build our nation since before its founding and they really need our help!

They will be just fine in the desert on appropriated land surrounded by people hate them. What could possibly go wrong? - every foreign policy guy ever

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Cat Mattress posted:

What makes you imagine that Hamas would obtain power over six million Jewish Israeli without their explicit consent?

It couldn't, of course. Which is why one-state fantasies of a political union that could somehow come to pass without the consent of the Israeli polity are wildly infeasible.

The point is if you're going to talk about a " hypothetical one-state scenario" where Hamas would exist as a political entity within said state and with the concomitant possibility of it wielding the state's monopoly on violence you can no longer just downplay the inconvenient fact that Hamas is a genocidally antisemitic terrorist organization by insisting that it has effectively no real power to carry out its plans.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

The Insect Court posted:

The point is if you're going to talk about a " hypothetical one-state scenario" where Hamas would exist as a political entity within said state and with the concomitant possibility of it wielding the state's monopoly on violence
That possibility will have to wait until Israel first replaces all its soldiers with AI-driven murderbots.

Otherwise, the violence monopoly will just coup them.

The Insect Court posted:

you can no longer just downplay the inconvenient fact that Hamas is a genocidally antisemitic terrorist organization by insisting that it has effectively no real power to carry out its plans.

Likud is a genocidally racist terrorist organization and you don't mind it one bit.

Again, your entire argument is "they would probably commit crimes against us if we stopped committing crimes against them".

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
the year 5777! a ripe-to-bursting sunwarm cherry-red jubilee of a year! sacred numbers on the deepest charts line up like lambs to a shepherd; they wheel and dive like moths in the invisible wheels of the heavens. shanah tovah, goons. shanah tovah, ariel. i take your nipple in my mouth and suckle of your powerful milk. it swells hotly in me. my tongue discovers testosterone and olive oil hiding in your udders. i milk you dry, squeezing and pulling until i'm replete with the butter of men and you're just a deflated skin lying sadly on the ground. then from their hollows in the river red gum tree i summon my friends the bees, who drool honey into your lifeless shell and inflate it back into a happy ghost with a massive erection. meanwhile i bulge with strength, my muscles billowing forth in lobular fractals. all the sweetness of the land of milk and honey can be found in our marriage. thus do i welcome the new year. blessings

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Avshalom posted:

the year 5777! a ripe-to-bursting sunwarm cherry-red jubilee of a year! sacred numbers on the deepest charts line up like lambs to a shepherd; they wheel and dive like moths in the invisible wheels of the heavens. shanah tovah, goons. shanah tovah, ariel. i take your nipple in my mouth and suckle of your powerful milk. it swells hotly in me. my tongue discovers testosterone and olive oil hiding in your udders. i milk you dry, squeezing and pulling until i'm replete with the butter of men and you're just a deflated skin lying sadly on the ground. then from their hollows in the river red gum tree i summon my friends the bees, who drool honey into your lifeless shell and inflate it back into a happy ghost with a massive erection. meanwhile i bulge with strength, my muscles billowing forth in lobular fractals. all the sweetness of the land of milk and honey can be found in our marriage. thus do i welcome the new year. blessings

Which admin do you have dirt on, that they let you do this?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
they don't

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i am a wizard

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
a student of the kabbalah from the moment i was born, i studied for many years in the art of lovemaking

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

If in a one state hypothetical, with the equality clauses that implies, Hamas is disallowed from running as a legitimate party it only stands to reason that Likud and Jewish Home be similarly barred for the same reasons as Hamas.

But those are hypotheticals. And handwringing over what Hamas could do is to ignore what Israel is doing right now.

You could, however, be even handed and condemn both.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Booourns posted:

Which admin do you have dirt on, that they let you do this?

He is a prophet. Even they cannot fully silence him, and you should not question his word.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

If in a one state hypothetical, with the equality clauses that implies, Hamas is disallowed from running as a legitimate party it only stands to reason that Likud and Jewish Home be similarly barred for the same reasons as Hamas.

But those are hypotheticals. And handwringing over what Hamas could do is to ignore what Israel is doing right now.

You could, however, be even handed and condemn both.

I actually suggested this. A hypothetical one state would not be a nice place but would instead be a place that would enforce peace through the repression of several groups that are at the moment main actors in the current conflict. It also probably have to destroy memorization of the Sterm gang and the Black September organization. The war of 1947 would probably have to be seen as a day of reconciliation or some such term. I am just recognizing the limitations that would come from this solution suggested by many on the left. I also recognize that increasingly because of the people in power it may be the only solution.

BattleMoose
Jun 16, 2010

Crowsbeak posted:

He is a prophet. Even they cannot fully silence him, and you should not question his word.

I actually suggested this. A hypothetical one state would not be a nice place but would instead be a place that would enforce peace through the repression of several groups that are at the moment main actors in the current conflict. It also probably have to destroy memorization of the Sterm gang and the Black September organization. The war of 1947 would probably have to be seen as a day of reconciliation or some such term. I am just recognizing the limitations that would come from this solution suggested by many on the left. I also recognize that increasingly because of the people in power it may be the only solution.

You left out the Intifadas.

But seriously, everyone loves comparing this conflict to South Africa. If there is anything to learn from the South African experience it is that peace was achieved through a strong and firm commitment to it. We had the truth and reconciliation commission, which gave amnesty to past wrongs and allowed people to know what happened to their loved ones. Check out the charter of the ANC, and then compare it to Hamas. The only way these sides will ever be able to coexist peacefully, has to start with a willingness to do just that and unconditionally FORGIVE past wrongs in the spirit to coexist and move further together. Not forget them. South Africa managed to do this. Let that be the South African experience.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_Charter

Hamas has to change its charter. Its core values cannot be to exterminate the people they want to coexist with. Its a complete nonstarter to any meaningful negotiations. I submit the ANC freedom charter as a suggestion.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
How about you shut the gently caress up about Hamas's lovely rhetoric until you've ended Israel's atrocious actions? Should they change their wording? Sure. But it is no justification for Israel's apartheid policies.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
The ANC's counterpart would be the PA, which is committed to an equitable peace through negotiations, not Hamas. Unfortunately, the PA has been undergoing a progressive political downslide for the last decade, thanks in large part to the fact that the PA's strategy of negotiation, diplomacy, and collaboration has failed to produce meaningful Israeli concessions or progress toward peace. The fact that Abbas has reacted to the decline of the PA by engaging in repression of dissidents and opposition, with the active cooperation of the IDF, is just the icing on the cake.

The problem is that it doesn't matter what stance the Palestinian factions take if the Israeli side doesn't have any desire for peace or equality. The PA has preached coexistence and negotiations, and all they have to show for it is the decessiated corpse of Oslo and the infamous "security cooperation"; their policy is domestically considered to be a failure, and the Palestinian population no longer believes that Israel has any serious intention of ever pursuing peace. So the peaceful factions lose support, and the less peaceful factions gain support, despite active Israeli collaboration with the PA to suppress dissent and opposition.

It's a mistake to put all the onus for demonstrating a commitment to peace on the Palestinians. Abbas has pushed for peace and negotiations, and Israel has routinely poo poo on those pushes and refused to make even token gestures of good faith, so the Palestinian people are losing faith in diplomatic solutions.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
If the Hamas changed their charter to be all lovey-dovey hippie huggy, then Israel's pro-genocide brigade would jump on some other Palestinian group. The Palestinian Islamic Jihad says hello, but you could also go for the Jaljalat or the Al-Seika, or who cares which else it doesn't really matter. Israel will always have a good excuse to push its genocide agenda.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
It should also be noted that Israel has routinely targeted and otherwise undermined Hamas's (relatively) moderate elements. Islamic Jihad manages to get around Hamas's enforcement of a ceasefire to lob a shell at a tree in Israel? Welp, time to strike Hamas, force them to respond, and use the ensuing exchange to justify the decimation of entire neighborhoods in Gaza that will ensure the ill-will of the populace for generations to come!

BattleMoose
Jun 16, 2010

Main Paineframe posted:

It's a mistake to put all the onus for demonstrating a commitment to peace on the Palestinians. Abbas has pushed for peace and negotiations, and Israel has routinely poo poo on those pushes and refused to make even token gestures of good faith, so the Palestinian people are losing faith in diplomatic solutions.

The Palestinian people are in a deeply unenviable position. Even so, having governance (limited) over their territories is a huge first step to becoming fully independent. I am sure if I looked I could find concessions that Israel has made, token and otherwise. Regardless, working with Israel is their only hope of achieving true independence.

In my assessment the Camp David offers were sincere. And failing to achieve an agreement because of East Jerusalem and Right of Return are poor reasons not to have an agreement.

But I am so far removed from this conflict that I just don't have any emotional investment in it at all. If the Palestinian people feel that violence is their best course of action then so be it. But we will still be having this exact same conversation ten years from now. They will not achieve independence through violence. They have a chance with diplomacy, it will suck and it will hurt a lot but the path is there.

Considering the tone of this thread I doubt I will post here again. The idea that Israel is actively pursing a policy of genocide I find to be just so absurd.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

BattleMoose posted:

Right of Return are poor reasons not to have an agreement.

Nah right of return is pretty pivotal, any Palestinian would agree. Especially to those who were, and still are, classed as refugees in other countries. Fears that every single palestinian would use their right to return are as lofty as every jewish person using theirs.

And the palestinians have tried diplomacy, Hamas, for all their faults, tried and upheld ,incredibly well given the fractious and decentralized nature of gazan militant groups, a ceasefire. It is completely understandable that one may resort to violence in the face of such crushing odds, demonization and the sheer unwillingness of the Israeli Government to concede anything but the most meaningless ground.

And the kicker is there is nothing the Palestinians can do to change this.
So long as the same people get elected, same policies upheld and enacted, the same level of international political pressure remains, nothing will change.
The freedom of the palestinian people is completely out of their hands. Whether they resort to violence or peace.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Oct 2, 2016

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009

BattleMoose posted:

Considering the tone of this thread I doubt I will post here again. The idea that Israel is actively pursing a policy of genocide I find to be just so absurd.
Tone? Feel free to run off with your tail between your legs rather than accept the fact that you don't know poo poo about the facts on the ground. Stay around, challenge your assumptions, and you might just learn a thing or two.

quote:

If the people of Israel feel that violence is their best course of action then so be it. But we will still be having this exact same conversation ten years from now. They will not achieve security through violence. They have a chance with diplomacy, it will suck and it will hurt a lot but the path is there.
FTFY

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The right to return is a necessity.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Crowsbeak posted:

So let's here your solution, and no the status quo is not acceptable.
Why? If I think every likely outcome is equally bad as the status quo or worse, why would I support spending energy and resources to change things? I've posted my ideas about what a feasible solution would look like before, and I was told they were totally unacceptable because they required the Palestinians to give up things too.

Panzeh posted:

And then whenever a binational state is brought up every Israeli talks about "demographic issues" which would indicate their lack of commitment to democracy or equality before the law.
Yuuup. This is the fundamental problem with a democratic one state (and to a certain extent, negotiated two state) solution. It requires that there be some sort of check on the power of the majority that the minority believes will be respected. Minority control of the apparatus of power doesn't really cut it, since that isn't what most people mean by democratic, and there is no basis for trust in a legal solution.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Your worst case scenario is exactly the same as the current status quo, but with the signs reversed. Perhaps that means the current status quo is also really terrible and the ideal solution involves some kind of... whatever the opposite of a gross imbalance of power is?
Last time the sides had relative parity in terms of power, they went to war, and the result is what we have today. Why is parity of power a good thing, especially if the underlying issues remain unresolved?

Cat Mattress posted:

What makes you think the IDF, which as far as I know is made up mostly of Jewish Israeli, some Druzes, and basically none of the Israeli Arabs, would follow Hamas' orders to exterminate the Jews?
All you're really doing here is making an argument that a democratic bi-national state would likely collapse into civil war or coup.

Cat Mattress posted:

The right to return is a necessity.
Why? For what? Why is irredentism a good thing?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Dead Reckoning posted:

Why? For what? Why is irredentism a good thing?

LOL irredentism.

Israel, the entire Zionist philosophy, is turbomegairredentism 9000. Don't begrudge the right to return of people who lived there 70 years ago when you posit that the right to return of people who allegedly lived there 2000 years ago is sacrosanct.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
someone used revanchism before too lol

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Cat Mattress posted:

LOL irredentism.

Israel, the entire Zionist philosophy, is turbomegairredentism 9000. Don't begrudge the right to return of people who lived there 70 years ago when you posit that the right to return of people who allegedly lived there 2000 years ago is sacrosanct.
I don't actually care who stole whose land when. I care about the facts on the ground as they exist right now.

You haven't answered the question. Why is the right of return important? If it isn't irredentist in character, do you think it is unrelated to the expressed desire of Palestinians to return to and occupy lands incorporated into Israel in 1947? If, as another poster suggested, the number of people who would take advantage of it is so small as to not effect the demographics of Israel, why does it matter? Why can't Israel set a limit on the number of returnees in that case?

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Oct 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

Dead Reckoning posted:

I don't actually care who stole whose land when. I care about the facts on the ground as they exist right now.

If you take this attitude too far, you will reward people who create 'facts on the ground' - which was the explicitly stated strategy of the Jabotinsky school and remains the official ideology of Likud.