Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Up to Amelia now. Using the starting axe +5 and just reached 50 STR. I haven't put a point into anything other than Strength and I'm not wearing anything other than pants so I'm trying to do a kinda glass cannon thing. After this I'll rush Amygdalan arm and put it to +6 and keep on rolling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I kinda feel bad for how easy this was...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az9PIwVblcs

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I will never get tired of watching people pwn amelia like that

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Cannonballoon posted:

I really want to try my hand at a BL4 run despite the amount of frustration I imagine comes with it. Somebody talk me out of it because I still love this game.

honestly if you're any good at the game the worst thing about low level or focused runs is stamina. It loving sucks going from having like 10-12 swings of a weapon to like, 3 or 4.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh man the Amygdalan arm has crazy good animations

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I especially like that the arm in transformed mode has a life of its own. If you hit R2 once and don't do anything it will continue to attack on its own without using your stamina for an extra hit

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

I especially like that the arm in transformed mode has a life of its own. If you hit R2 once and don't do anything it will continue to attack on its own without using your stamina for an extra hit

i just did a run with it -- it believe does use a little bit of stamina if you have it, BUT if you don't have any leftover it'll still do the wiggle . a charged R2 does 2 extra hits instead of 1, also

edit: i don't think I used it untransformed once lol

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
It's a chalice dungeon strip miner

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

I kinda feel bad for how easy this was...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az9PIwVblcs

your brightness is set so low, its really freakin me out

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

low brightness + high glare challenge run

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have to play at 0 brightness because my monitor has weird color outputs. It looks way more normal for me but I realized after I uploaded that the video output looks crazy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Today I learned there's a bigass pit in the middle of the little village in forbidden woods

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I reached brygenwerth and stopped for the evening, if I play tomorrow I'll probably stream. I've only died 3 times on this run so far (once to BSB, once to shadows and once to a bigass snake pile in the forest) so I'm gonna try to keep that momentum going. I'm totally loving the Amy arm, it's like a strength based whip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvpGCUYcQiM

Here's my shadows kill

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

honestly if you're any good at the game the worst thing about low level or focused runs is stamina. It loving sucks going from having like 10-12 swings of a weapon to like, 3 or 4.

its dying in one hit IMO. i like the stamina thing, its something new to learn.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

your brightness is set so low, its really freakin me out

The beast should be invisible like they say . it looks so much better but it makes youtube videos dark

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i cant even get it totally invisible with the way my tv is calibrated, but close. theres a lot of places in bloodborne where you need a torch out when its set up properly

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:

I.N.R.I posted:

The beast should be invisible like they say . it looks so much better but it makes youtube videos dark

bloodborne is way better with this, but have you played dragons dogma?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

In Training posted:

I reached brygenwerth and stopped for the evening, if I play tomorrow I'll probably stream. I've only died 3 times on this run so far (once to BSB, once to shadows and once to a bigass snake pile in the forest) so I'm gonna try to keep that momentum going. I'm totally loving the Amy arm, it's like a strength based whip.

Here's my shadows kill

are you still only levelling STR?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I reached 50 and don't really want to invest in it anymore so I'm going to start putting all my points in stamina

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think next time I play I'll try SL4 because I could probably survive the base game but idk about doing the DLC at that level, every single attack by basically every enemy would one shot you

my wheelhouse
Nov 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

In Training posted:

Here's my shadows kill

This video is making me wanting to do an Amy arm run so bad, that ending was baller af.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

In Training posted:

I remember when Amelia sent me into fits of utter rage, and I'd played and finished every previous Souls game multiple times.

Now she's easy, but at the time, for some reason, she just ragdolled me over and over and I just couldn't figure her out.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I went through the same, Gascoigne and Amelia were both the biggest walls on my first playthrough

Soral
May 30, 2009

gascoigne kicked my rear end too until i got my dark souls senses hammered out of me.... and it's made me a more powerful gamer for it

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

in my first run the cleric beast took me like three hours to kill and i beat gascoigne my first try, amelia was a bastard too though

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

watching this rn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07iKvaQdxJ8

markus "notch" peerson recommended this dude's channel and I went right for the BB vid like a moth to flame :kiddo:

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

That makes it sound like you have to really focus on saving enough stamina to dodge after a few attacks and doing hit-and-runs more unless you're really good at parrying.

Is the only requirement of a BL4 run to not level up? You can still upgrade weapons and use gems and runes and stuff, right?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

beep by grandpa posted:

watching this rn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07iKvaQdxJ8

markus "notch" peerson recommended this dude's channel and I went right for the BB vid like a moth to flame :kiddo:

I watched all three of his videos on bloodborne. Good stuff. He gushes about the combat and set pieces the most. Ignores the story or lore entirely though. Which seems weird, imo

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Amelia forces you to play Bloodborne style instead of Dark Souls style. She's impoissible if you play defensivley but if you go buck wild she becomes completely trivial, I love it

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

gascoigne was like 4-5 tries which is pretty standard I think for good souls bosses

I one shotted amelia, and only later found out that it was a huge wall for a lot of players

I lost track of how many times I died to ludwig and the orphan

I almost quit over Rom and actually did for a couple months over the 1/2 health watchdog

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I was thinking if starting some sort of SA Bloodborne Quick Challenges we could start doing to post videos of in this thread.

What gave me the idea was I thought about trying to record me NO DAMAGE pwnimg a 1v1 close range melee fight with one of the fishing hamlet giant anchor dudes for you guys for kicks (no cheesing! Unless particularly funny/interesting)...

We'd need more ideas tho, I feel like the possibilities are limitless... Ideally each vid/challenge would stay below 5min. Some could be silly, some way more epic... This could be so cool...What do you guys think?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

rediscover posted:

Amelia forces you to play Bloodborne style instead of Dark Souls style. She's impoissible if you play defensivley but if you go buck wild she becomes completely trivial, I love it

Yeah this is exactly what my problem was. I thought I was ready for Bloodborne because I was used to going no shield and dodging, but I wasn't ready to need to be really aggressive on top of that.

I beat Gascoigne first try because I made sure to get good at gun parrying early, though it was also a mutual kill which was pretty sweet (and was how I learned that that still counts in Bloodborne so I was pretty happy). But Amelia was a brick wall.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

beep by grandpa posted:

I was thinking if starting some sort of SA Bloodborne Quick Challenges we could start doing to post videos of in this thread.

What gave me the idea was I thought about trying to record me NO DAMAGE pwnimg a 1v1 close range melee fight with one of the fishing hamlet giant anchor dudes for you guys for kicks (no cheesing! Unless particularly funny/interesting)...

We'd need more ideas tho, I feel like the possibilities are limitless... Ideally each vid/challenge would stay below 5min. Some could be silly, some way more epic... This could be so cool...What do you guys think?

Maybe like how fast can you get through certain areas so the challenges aren't build specific

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

In research hall ringing my sinister bell if anyone wanna fite

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
I died 3 times to the 2 brick giants on the shortcut to Gascoigne but beat him on the first try. With my NG+ character it was pretty easy to get some huge combos on him with the big sword

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

SL4 of the base game is fairly simple if you've played it a lot, especially with the saw cleaver. However Ludwig was 8 hours of hell for me and I still haven't killed Maria.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I'll make an arcane strength monster

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I'll make an arcane strength monster

look in the mirror. you already have one

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Haven't been able to play game for 3 days, can't wait to get back into this poo poo tonight at sundown. I'm rocking Ludwigs until I get the MGS. That full charged 2H R2 Stab em and Slam em is one of the simplest yet badass combo in the whole series.

Build goal is lots o Arcane, the MLG, Loch Shield, Cainhurst set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

ludwig's is one of my favourite weapons in the entire series. its so good