Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Yep, 2" long 1" black pipe nipples. Nipples are supporting my car. More details in my humdrum thread, but at least something finally happened to my car that I did on purpose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

scuz posted:

I'm modding for two now. When I do the paint/livery, what should I do? I was hoping to do some 16-bit-esque block-y thing cuz it'll be easy to mask off!

Are you gonna do a roll on job like I did to the Civic? Hello Kitty is always a crowd pleaser!

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

scuz posted:

I'm modding for two now. When I do the paint/livery, what should I do? I was hoping to do some 16-bit-esque block-y thing cuz it'll be easy to mask off!

pctD
Aug 25, 2009

Pillbug
I hit a huge pothole last night. How the tire is still holding air is beyond me (this is the parking lot of the tire shop).

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

Rolled it over 100k. I bought it July of 2015 with 63k.

2012 tundra crewmax 5.7l 4x4, hoping for 250k out of it.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Just changed the plugs and wires in the 8.1L gmc 3500 I picked up a few months ago. Old plugs were worn but looked ok....including cyl #2 which was unplugged and dangling. :aaa:

No MIL set, hadn't noticed any change in how it runs...it's not a daily so I have no idea how long it's been running on 7. And seriously could not tell the unplugged spark plug from the rest if you mixed them up. Edit: not even a pending trouble code, emissions readiness on green WTF

Maybe it will improve on the <9 mpg I've been getting. Probably not though. :v:

angryrobots fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Sep 14, 2016

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

Really nice looking GTV6. I can't wait for one to show up in my area. But it'll probably be expensive as poo poo when it does.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
X-post from HH thread:

Got some wheels at a local yard to mount my winter tires. 2008 focus wheels, 15x6. Going to mount 185/60/15 winter tires, which are super cheap. Good sets are around 350-400. Bonus yard pics and a good fat junkyard dog marinatng in the direct sun.

Since my car is white, I have the entire world of plastidip options of garish high viz colors. What do you guys think? Fluorescent yellow is my first choice, but I could be swayed.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
i watched a man put my mr2 on a tow truck

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

PaintVagrant posted:

X-post from HH thread:

Got some wheels at a local yard to mount my winter tires. 2008 focus wheels, 15x6. Going to mount 185/60/15 winter tires, which are super cheap. Good sets are around 350-400. Bonus yard pics and a good fat junkyard dog marinatng in the direct sun.

Since my car is white, I have the entire world of plastidip options of garish high viz colors. What do you guys think? Fluorescent yellow is my first choice, but I could be swayed.

Isn't the Focus 4x108?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SquirrelGrip posted:

i watched a man put my mr2 on a tow truck

Is it still yours?

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Isn't the Focus 4x108?

Yeah forgot to mention my car is a FiST. So same lug pattern. FiST with 08 Focus wheels looks like this:

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Is it still yours?

yeah, i may even drive it this year yet

combination of mystery not firing gremlin and moving house, plus an explicit "it must be driven into the new garage not towed" means its off for some tlc before i drive it into the ground again

ai pick my new wheel colour as i need to sort the 17's i bought for it out and the bright gold they are isnt going to work

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Black or silver are really your only options with that grey colour paint.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Bronze also works with a dark grey. A little color to brighten it up, but not much.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
probably black unless my paint dude shows me the right bronze or can make a lip colour work

agreed the grey really limits choice which I overlooked originally

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Any of the Volk/Work bronzes would work ok. Nothing bright bronze though. Needs to be deep.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

The wings are so ubiquitous on those, seeing one without it looks so clean. Hope you get to drive it soon!

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Picked up these factory VW BBS wheels for the civic because the wheels on it now with the 205/50/16 tires are a bit too wide and tall. They were only $150, which shows in the quality of the finish. If the car wasn't also semi-ratty I would do something about that but I think they will match the look of the car. Going to put 195/50/15s on them.

Tamir Lenk
Nov 25, 2009

PaintVagrant posted:

X-post from HH thread:

:cmon: Check your privilege . . .

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

White car privilege best privilege

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Got my BBS's put on the civic with 195/50/15 Yokohama S.Drives. Now I just need to lower it a little.
Old, with too-big tires

New

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Dug into why the drivers side of my heated screen doesn't work:

Thanks Autoglass!

What happens is if you don't hook the cable over the plate to the left, the wiper linkage smacks the ribbon cable as the wipers run and breaks it, like so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6bMDxYhixY&t=120s

I hope Autoglass are reasonable with their warranty... :suicide:

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Tried to drop the downpipe because it was blowing from the manifold-downpipe joint and gassing me and I had a new copper gasket for it.

Snapped a bolt off, so pulled the manifold so I could try and get it out. Ended up drilling it out after failing to weld anything to it.

All the manifold gaskets were hosed too, which was fine since I thought I had a spare set.

Now unable to find my spare set so I can't get it all back together until monday when I can buy some :(

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Replaced the rear shocks on the C70, not only were they pretty dead but the passenger shock mount had completely broken and was making a godawful racket.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Got the new DD stickered, put two nice new factory matched paint bodypanels on it, cut the old DD in half and scrapped the back half (the rest goes away tomorrow minus the parts I want), got the newest MYSTERY PROJECT delivered.

Today/yesterday was a good day.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I pulled some interior trim and put foam tape on it to make it stop rattling.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Factory RS intercooler

Not factory intercooler

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

TPMS system went in. Then I got to drive home listening to the system bitch at me because the default pressure its set to its 30psi, it looses its poo poo if its +/- 8psi, and i run the AT's on the cruiser at 40psi... Was very glad when i got home and could find the instructions to adjust that!

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Some good late night tuesday wrenching, pulled the bumper and sheet metal to help make the motor install easier, tightened up the steering box a little, did some degreasing. It was pretty dark by the time I got everything off so it was really just dinking around. Next up, more cleaning in the bay and caulking up holes in the firewall, then applying heat shield to make the cab a bit quieter.

Also picked up my machined flywheel and the new clutch came in today. Once I paint the intake manifold I think I have all that I need to really start moving!

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Finally got around to finishing up cleaning the headlights. When I bought the car, they were so yellowed over the headlights barely put any light out. A quick polish in the driveway with a can of spray abrasive cleaned them up enough that I could at least drive at night without major issue, but they were still hazy yellow, looked like poo poo and blocked some light from getting through. So yesterday I picked up the widest roll of 3m masking tape we had and the super fancy mothers kit with their polishing ball, drill attachment, sandpaper disks and plastic polish, took the car to the car wash so I had plenty of light and went to town tonight. They're still a bit hazy (this may also be the plastic being too uv damaged to save, still gotta try), so I might hit them again after taking the housings out to paint parts of the inside to looke more like the hella versions, but the headlights look a shitload better and throw a noticably improved amount of light on the road. :toot:

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
Today I completely ignored and did not check afterward the cause of the enormously loud bang that came from the left rear of my '05 Mazda3 hatch during a left turn into a parking lot. I don't give a gently caress anymore I hope it blows up

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

VERTiG0 posted:

Today I completely ignored and did not check afterward the cause of the enormously loud bang that came from the left rear of my '05 Mazda3 hatch during a left turn into a parking lot. I don't give a gently caress anymore I hope it blows up

Calling it right now, strut mount.

EL SNAPPO

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Flameballs.

The exhaust emerges from under the body at the left side of the rear. That Mazda3 is just expressing its desire to become more like the RX-7 of yore.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

EL SNAPPO

I'm guessing stuck e-brake or brake shoe.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro

EL SNAPPO

This has already broken off on both sides, TWICE. The last time it was because there was literally no metal left in the top of the wheelwell where the struts mount, so I had plates of steel welded in and the struts mounted on. They are intact.

kastein posted:

I'm guessing stuck e-brake or brake shoe.

The brakes (calipers, too) are all new as of this spring and nothing is stuck.

Cars!

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

I finished installing a CB radio in my Impreza because I am a huge dork and I like things with buttons and knobs that make noises and flashy lights.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

New pads and rotors for the car.

New stabilizer bar bushings for the truck.

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord
After 6 months of bullshit, I finally got the new wheels installed on the Maverick.

Old and busted:

New hotness:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Ansen Sprints are the best old-school wheels, ya done good. Love the Maverick too, especially that color.