Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Jesus gently caress Reed is on fire right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

mattfl posted:

Jesus gently caress Reed is on fire right now.

So's the Rory/Tom Pieters pairing

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

The US fans are making me want to cheer for Europe.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Shrapnig posted:

The US fans are making me want to cheer for Europe.

PJ Willett...might have been right?

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
Lol at that 380 yard drive by Rory.

Also the men shouting CHEESEBURGER on the par 3s must die.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
Some clown shouting out at Rose during Stensons putt. Then they cheer a miss, pretty lovely stuff.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
are the Trumper frat boys and Brexiters fighting in the crowds yet?

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

Keyser S0ze posted:

are the Trumper frat boys and Brexiters fighting in the crowds yet?

I don't think the Brexiters could afford to get there given the falling rate of the pound.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Im rooting for Europe because I'm a eurofag but I want it even more because of those loving fans

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahahaha Westwood

Art Core...velay
Jun 16, 2013
LOL WESTWOOD

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Wow, I miss 3 footers like that.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
After day 1 and today I think Westwood is the 2nd best player on the US side after Reed.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jordan Spieth loving sucks

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
Spieth is annoying and slow and a douche and apparently bad at golf too.

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
The scores basically reflect the standard of that session. Holmes and Moore are a bad pairing who didn't deserve to win but OTOH Lee Westwood is a giant dumb badger man.

Darren Clarke is purple and sounds close to tears.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

If I'm playing against Westwood tomorrow I'm making him hole every single putt, no concessions ever.

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!
Tomorrow's Pairings:
Reed/McIlroy 12:04 (ET)
Spieth/Stenson 12:15
Holmes/Pieters 12:26
Fowler/Rose 12:37
Walker/Cabrera-Bello 12:48
Mickelson/Garcia 12:59
Moore/Westwood 1:10
Snedeker/Sullivan 1:21
D. Johnson/Wood 1:32
Koepka/Willett 1:43
Kuchar/Kaymer 1:54
Z. Johnson/Fitzpatrick 2:05

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Bankok posted:

Tomorrow's Pairings:

Winners,
McIlroy
Stenson
Pieters
Rose
Walter
Mickelson
Moore
Sullivan
D. Johnson
Willett
Kuchar
Z. Jackson

Unknownmass
Nov 3, 2007
That first pairing will be the best of the day. Shame Reed can't play twice or three times on Sunday.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Did Spieth contribute anything at all this afternoon? I think I saw one shot of his and it was a tee shot into the water.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
Westwood missed 5 putts inside 5 feet today, which is hysterical. He has no chance tomorrow, and I think the first match should be the best but I wonder how reed and Rory will feed off the crowd when they are individual, that makes a big difference in matches. It's a poo poo ton easier to do what they did this afternoon with one ball counting than it is when it's one on one.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

Suprfli6 posted:

Did Spieth contribute anything at all this afternoon? I think I saw one shot of his and it was a tee shot into the water.

They said on the broadcast that he hurt his hand during the round. That may have been why he was struggling. Pity Rory/Reed is first up, would have been an epic round to end on both guys are playing great golf at the moment.

Just thinking that a US vs Rest of the World would be great, get rid of the dead weight and add in the South Africans and Aussies and it would be an epic event.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Or a three way competition :getin:

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.

Bankok posted:

Tomorrow's Pairings:

McIlroy, Stenson, Pieters, and Rose will win the first four to make it USA 9.5 EUR 10.5, and there will be lots of shots of Davis Love on the verge of vomiting.

Walker/Cabrera-Bello and Moore/Westwood will both halve it (Moore is very bad, worse than Westwood at everything except three-footers). Mickelson and Snedeker (who has played brilliantly) will win. USA 12.5 EUR 11.5.

Dustin Johnson lacks form so I'll pick Wood. Koepka and Willet have both been good so halve it, why not. Kaymer hasn't made a putt all week so Kuchar will win that. USA 14 EUR 13. Zach Johnson drinks a five hour energy and hits Fitzpatrick across the face with a Bible, who then grows his first pube but loses.

And those are my useless and unsubstantiated predictions, does anyone have any questions

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

julian assflange posted:

Or a three way competition :getin:

I'm listening...

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dimebag posted:

I'm listening...

Okay gird your loins but I'm thinking three teams: US, EU and Rest of World. Oh baby.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

There's probably enough players now to make that work with South Africa, Australia, Japan plus a couple others. The format would have to change a bit though.

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
Apparently Patrick Reed's thick fat wrists injured Jordan Spieth's weak bitch wrist during a hand slap yesterday.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Suprfli6 posted:

There's probably enough players now to make that work with South Africa, Australia, Japan plus a couple others. The format would have to change a bit though.

Dont we already have this with the Presidents Cup? Or is that not played anymore?

e: Man these crowds are even worse than yesterday. There are some guys following Rory around yelling while he makes his shots.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

I just shot 1 under for the first time ever :woop: It's a short course that has small and hard greens but with the rain last night I could actually fire right at the pins for once and it made a huge difference. I actually spun a 4 wood back a yard on one of the greens. Missed a six footer for eagle and a four footer for par but made everything else inside of 12 feet.

Now let's go USA!

e: omg Rory is an animal. And so is Reed. This is insane.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Oct 2, 2016

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Reed/McIlroy is the most entertaining match I've ever watched.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This is loving amazing

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!

Douchebag posted:

Reed/McIlroy is the most entertaining match I've ever watched.

It's freaking nuts. I laughed my rear end off at Reeds response after his last birdie.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Bankok posted:

It's freaking nuts. I laughed my rear end off at Reeds response after his last birdie.

Even better was Rory laughing. They are both having fun and the crowd loves all of it

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

That Rory and Reed putt then finger wag!

:whatup:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Rory/Reed is the best thing I've seen in forever

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Reed is up 2 with 2 holes left. :patriot:

Speith on the other hand.... :911:

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
What the gently caress was Speith thinking trying to hit that shot to begin with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Can we change the selection criteria in the next 2 years to add a "Spieth exception" where he can't play no matter what his rank is?

Patrick Reed I love you!