Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Marching Powder posted:

it's really funny to me that if chris just gave erin the reigns and appeared every now and again to collect every disability check in the world he'd pretty much be the steve jobs of the gaming industry

Why do so many idiots think Erin is hot stuff

He's poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

D_Smart posted:

ok these /r/ds/ guys have flat out lost it. apparently I'm a closet SC shill now

Didn't we joke about you being a closet shill meant to take media attention away from SC so that you and Croberts could retire together or something?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
What I'm saying is that reddit isn't original

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/55dt1n/star_citizen_musings_smart_speak/d89ul8i

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

:sax:

JeffK's cousin?
:dukedoge:

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Why do so many idiots think Erin is hot stuff

He's poo poo

hahaha you loving dweeb

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
you might known things about erin, like, has shipped games you've heard of, but actually he's terrible if you really look into his talents and career like me, a normal person

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Normal people aren't thread sheriffs :cop::cop::cop::cop::cop::cop::cop::cop::cop::cop::cop::cop::cop:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
"Normal"

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Regrettable posted:

If it hits where it's projected to, it'll be my first hurricane, though i have been through a couple of tropical storms. Keep Kayak safe.

Well happy initiation, I guess. Just remember you gotta take a shot every time the weather lady says "hunker down!"

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

This guy is no joke scary. :stare:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Pease Porridge Hot posted:

Well happy initiation, I guess. Just remember you gotta take a shot every time the weather lady says "hunker down!"

Wouldn't you die if you lived in Texas?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

The Titanic posted:

I went through Katrina years ago. Good luck!!! :ohdear:

We've been through a bunch of them, luckily our topography usually helps us out and we don't get hammered. We'll see where this thing goes, could mean nothing more than a day off work and maybe a power outage.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Who are these corporations that stand to loose money if SC comes out?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Wouldn't you die if you lived in Texas?

I dunno how much they say it in Texas, but in Florida it's at least once every other sentence when there's a storm coming.

Plus they haven't had a chance to say it in a while, so they're gonna be all over it.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

D_Smart posted:

ok these /r/ds/ guys have flat out lost it. apparently I'm a closet SC shill now

All this time, a double agent! :argh:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Marching Powder posted:

you might known things about erin, like, has shipped games you've heard of, but actually he's terrible if you really look into his talents and career like me, a normal person

why do you pretend to respect him for doing lego games

nobody loving likes lego games

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

We've been through a bunch of them, luckily our topography usually helps us out and we don't get hammered. We'll see where this thing goes, could mean nothing more than a day off work and maybe a power outage.

I hope Kayak is wearing his safety goggles :sweatdrop:

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Are you going to make a front-page live blog that will turn out to be in pretty poor taste retrospectively?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

SelenicMartian posted:

Dead Gary Oldman would be easier to mocap.

Chris and Sandi visit Gary Oldman's beach house to try and bribe him to film the last SQ42 episode when Gary Oldman keels over mid shouting match. As Chris starts dialing 911 Sandi pulls his hand down. "What if..." she says, a twinkle in her eye.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

why do you pretend to respect him for doing lego games

nobody loving likes lego games

Pretend I'm a guy that doesn't really have an opinion on games or the making of them. Now replace 'erin' with any reasonably competent manager of video game making that the entire thread can easily identify as someone who can ship a game and see if my point stands you colossal pedant

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
:ironicat:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Good luck for real. :glomp:

I left my place on the coast years ago. Actually lost my whole house in Katrina. Hopefully you'll never have to go through that.

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O3NyNHpMx0&t=244s
Seems familiar.

Whole video is alright too i give you permission to watch it all.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

The Rabbi T. White posted:

Are you going to make a front-page live blog that will turn out to be in pretty poor taste retrospectively?

I missed it but I'm guessing someone did that for Katrina or something?

The Titanic posted:

Good luck for real. :glomp:

I left my place on the coast years ago. Actually lost my whole house in Katrina. Hopefully you'll never have to go through that.

Thanks, I appreciate it. Probably gonna be nothing, but I appreciate it nonetheless.

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006
wow the game just got released and im happily enjoying it!! no joke!!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
LEGO games are dope

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Marching Powder posted:

Pretend I'm a guy that doesn't really have an opinion on games or the making of them. Now replace 'erin' with any reasonably competent manager of video game making that the entire thread can easily identify as someone who can ship a game and see if my point stands you colossal pedant

What. No, you said he had shipped games I've actually heard of, please name a few he's done the last 20 years

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
If Erin had the cash we would all be playing Lego Wing Commander, happily I guess :shrug:

I guess that would somehow make Chris the Steve Jobs of gaming?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
gently caress me powder but you should really whine about me trying to engage you in discussion

Lazrin is unironically more receptive to unwelcome ideas

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

What. No, you said he had shipped games I've actually heard of, please name a few he's done the last 20 years

hahaha check out this guy about to deny he has any knowledge of lego games but admits to having detailed opinions of erin roberts just to prove the world's most pedantic point you loving loser lmao

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Marching Powder posted:

hahaha check out this guy about to deny he has any knowledge of lego games but admits to having detailed opinions of erin roberts just to prove the world's most pedantic point you loving loser lmao

Is this a serious post? Like, you wrote this and genuinely think "wow this will show that loser what's what hahah gently caress me I don't care what this loser thinks now let's do another post to prove said lack of care"

my point remains that erin sucks, you're free to disprove this by posting more about things you can grasp such as pedantry, logic

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

D_Smart posted:

Come out of the closet. This is a safe space.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
LEGO games rule you morons.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Is this a serious post? Like, you wrote this and genuinely think "wow this will show that loser what's what hahah gently caress me I don't care what this loser thinks now let's do another post to prove said lack of care"

my point remains that erin sucks, you're free to disprove this by posting more about things you can grasp such as pedantry, logic

hahaha all i wanted to say if chris was replaced with *competent game making manager* it would probably be released i didn't say that to find out if anyone here was sad enough to hold extremely passionate feelings for the professional competence of chris's brother. however we now have the answer to that question too lol

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Why is MP posting like a shitizen? :ohdear:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Lazrin posted:

i get it... and i believe it. i don't mind it though. if there's a dev team working toward (no matter how long) bringing the game to some form of release, that's all that matter to me, and generally most backers i'd assume.

But that's the thing, it does matter how long, whale peak oil has come and gone and money doesn't grow on trees.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Arguing with Lazrin. In 2016 lol

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

D_Smart posted:

I covered this in my September blog post:

Quavers posted:

Posting from the past, but...

Plot twist:
  • Early 2015, when it became apparent to Crobberts that the development of Star Engine, Star Marine, and Squadron 42 were in massive difficulties thereby threatening funding, he personally contacted Derek
  • Fixing the engine issues while simultaneously creating the mechanics and content would take years, but there was little chance that funding would stretch that far
  • So both Crobberts and Derek came up with the grand plan of "hiding" the development troubles/failures, with the latter becoming the "bad guy" claiming that CIG were up to no good
  • "But will they believe the ruse?" "of course they will! Look see, thousands of idiots have already sperged up 1000s of dollars chasing the dream, they'll pay more to safeguard it *wink*"
  • Croberts began cyphening siphoning off (more) money from the project, including payments to Derek to keep up his end - an enemy for the fantical backers to fund against
  • Derek's FUD campaign latched on to pre-existing Goon doubts, thereby recruiting a pawn army for anti-shilling, further riling up the Citizen masses into further payments
  • Demos were shown generating hype, deadlines continually missed, no solid development plans released, and pre-alphas crashed like a ZX81
  • The media were setup with Derek-organised "leaks", but contained just enough subtle inaccuracies for the Citizens to deny the bigger picture news
  • Meanwhile, money still flowed in - at ever diminishing rates as the well dried up - all to "prove Derek wrong"
  • Cue project failure, with Derek & Crobberts laughing all the way to the bank. A happy couple, forever and always.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Something something James Cameron Visionary something something

James Cameron at least did *some* leg work, unlike Croberts. During research dives for the project Cameron actually spent more time on the Titanic than the passengers did! (At least while they were alive that is) He also produced a product, so pretty fuckin visionary compared to moosh mouth man.

• Locked thread