Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I enjoy Lego Avengers with my son, he likes me to be the hulk and call me Fat Dad while I sing songs like Barry White :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

MeLKoR posted:

Chris and Sandi visit Gary Oldman's beach house to try and bribe him to film the last SQ42 episode when Gary Oldman keels over mid shouting match. As Chris starts dialing 911 Sandi pulls his hand down. "What if..." she says, a twinkle in her eye.

Weekend At Gary's

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

IncredibleIgloo posted:

James Cameron at least did *some* leg work, unlike Croberts. During research dives for the project Cameron actually spent more time on the Titanic than the passengers did! (At least while they were alive that is) He also produced a product, so pretty fuckin visionary compared to moosh mouth man.

Last of the Dances with Fern Gully

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

D_Smart posted:

ok these /r/ds/ guys have flat out lost it. apparently I'm a closet SC shill now

Kind of obvious. You know more about SC than they do. Plus you are always right about the development. Definite shill.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Lazrin posted:

i get it... and i believe it. i don't mind it though. if there's a dev team working toward (no matter how long) bringing the game to some form of release, that's all that matter to me, and generally most backers i'd assume.

Backers SHOULD mind.

CIG still spending time and precious focus on throwaway demos, entirely for reasons of confidence and income generation? How is that okay, at this point in the (supposed) development cycle.

How many cents in the "pledged" dollar is it okay for CIG to spend purely to get the next person to pledge?

Or is it good because it allows CIG to coalesce their thoughts on what the game should be, look like, and play like? Again, at THIS point in the (supposed) development cycle.

It's insane, that's what it is.

It's using more time and money to NOT deliver the game, with the likely side-effect of burning out their developers.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Somebody is going to get murdered.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

XK posted:

Seriously, that is not the type of person I would want to deliver a minimum viable product to, after soaking up potentially thousands of their sticky dollars.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Lol at Lazrin not saying the game is a scam but agreeing that all they are doing is making eyecandy demos to bait dumb nerds like him into giving them more money.

"It's not a scam if i like it."

By that same logic - "You're not being anally raped, because i like getting it in the rear end."

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

peter gabriel posted:

I enjoy Lego Avengers with my son, he likes me to be the hulk and call me Fat Dad while I sing songs like Barry White :3:

so...Chef songs?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

XK posted:

Propagandist posted:

Seriously, that is not the type of person I would want to deliver a minimum viable product to, after soaking up potentially thousands of their sticky dollars.

actually it's just a huge antisocial nerd who watched goldeneye and wanted to be boris

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Pease Porridge Hot posted:

I missed it but I'm guessing someone did that for Katrina or something?
http://www.somethingawful.com/news/live-from-hurricane/
Obviously no one had any idea at the time that things were going to turn out the way they did.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Marching Powder posted:

actually it's just a huge antisocial nerd who watched goldeneye and wanted to be boris

Actually you're right, thanks for pointing that out. I should clarify:

Both that guy and Marching Powder are not the type of person I would want to deliver a minimum viable product to, after soaking up potentially thousands of their sticky dollars.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

I was thinking about making a silly one but nothin' can possibly be funnier than that poo poo right there

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
*watches very greasy nerd pretend to program on a computer* whoa. scary dude.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

LOL all comments regarding Sandi Gardiner's terrible acting have been completely deleted from the discussion on the last Kotaku UK article.

Like, an entire section wiped clean.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Every attempt at an insult towards Marching Powder in the past couple of pages has been really bad.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

XK posted:

Don't get what everyone's on about.
Watched it with sound muted, saw closeups of some guy who didn't get much sleep, then some random closeups of a hotas.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

thatguy posted:

Every attempt at an insult towards Marching Powder in the past couple of pages has been really bad.

there has quite literally never been a good one. it's hosed up and i'd fell like a bully but they really want to make fun of what they consider lesser nerds so i feel justified.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Marching Powder posted:

there has quite literally never been a good one.

Untrue statements in this thread.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

orcinus posted:

Don't get what everyone's on about.
Watched it with sound muted, saw closeups of some guy who didn't get much sleep, then some random closeups of a hotas.

the sound is the key part its a dope narration he's does the most dorky "dark and mysterious" voice

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

The Rabbi T. White posted:

Untrue statements in this thread.

post one or just paraphrase one that made you go OHHHHHH like the crowd in the eminem rap battle movie

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Marching Powder did nothing wrong

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Unrelated to everything, I wanted to thank whoever linked the Blue Story thread. Since reading it, I've:

Stopped eating fast food
Gotten a gym membership and started going
Gotten a rice cooker and slow cooker, and cooking daily with it
Started interviews for a new job.

So yeah. Thanks Blue Story :v:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

thatguy posted:

:ssh: let him dream

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Ayn Marx posted:

Marching Powder did nothing wrong

Are his parents dead?

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

A Neurotic Jew posted:

:same:

another indicator that Lazrin is not a shill is that he basically agreed that all of CIG's marketing is a deceptive lie but he just doesn't give a poo poo because it might help him get a return on his investment in the end. A shill would not be implying that the marketing campaign he's shilling for is fraudulent, probably.

Lazrin is neither convincing enough or intelligent enough to be a shill, paid or otherwise. He sounds like a very convincing Shitizen however.

Republicanus
Oct 16, 2002

Have a smoke. Coffee? You're welcome.
Fun Shoe

AP posted:

As for if it's a scam or not, at some level the top brass at CIG know they won't be able to deliver on the promises, they are deceiving people, a lot of whom seem to be mentally ill, to raise money. Call that whatever you want.

Evil.

Pure, uncut, seeing-people-as-objects sociopathic evil.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Marching Powder posted:

post one or just paraphrase one that made you go OHHHHHH like the crowd in the eminem rap battle movie

I cannot think of a single time I've read anything in this thread that has made me react with verbal acknowledgement of someone's wit, beyond involuntary stifled laughing.
If you feel the need to openly express your excitement towards inanimate objects such as your monitor, you may just have the autism.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

D_Smart posted:

ok these /r/ds/ guys have flat out lost it. apparently I'm a closet SC shill now

We all had our suspicions, honestly.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im not discouraging anyone from posting here, but in your spare time, your shitposting would be greatly appreciated on C-Spam

trump controversies are just as hilarious as the derek smart stuff

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

http://www.somethingawful.com/news/live-from-hurricane/
Obviously no one had any idea at the time that things were going to turn out the way they did.

Yikes, reading that after the fact is pretty rough.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

HILLARY CURES DEPLORABLES posted:

im not discouraging anyone from posting here, but in your spare time, your shitposting would be greatly appreciated on C-Spam

trump controversies are just as hilarious as the derek smart stuff

I read that as Trump conspiracies and wanted to start posting about how Trump's the one who leaked the Hulk Hogan sextape.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Marching Powder posted:

*watches very greasy nerd pretend to program on a computer* whoa. scary dude.

He seriously needs to wash his face. That is disgusting.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

I cannot think of a single time I've read anything in this thread that has made me react with verbal acknowledgement of someone's wit, beyond involuntary stifled laughing.
If you feel the need to openly express your excitement towards inanimate objects such as your monitor, you may just have the autism.

Nice. Do you know what social disease often leads one to take irony and hyperbole seriously because they don't understand that normal people can communicate on 'levels'?

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Marching Powder posted:

Nice. Do you know what social disease often leads one to take irony and hyperbole seriously because they don't understand that normal people can communicate on 'levels'?

"I know you are, but what am I?"

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
*in an extremely accurate Trent from Punchy voice* shut the gently caress up, jobbo fett

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

"I know you are, but what am I?"

Hahaha you loving suck

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Hey guys, what's more autistic: not understanding irony and hyperbole, or pointing out that a guy does not understand irony or hyperbole?

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Marching Powder posted:

Hey guys, what's more autistic: not understanding irony and hyperbole, or pointing out that a guy does not understand irony or hyperbole?

I'm going with the person not realising someone is being facetious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

My insults aren't pathetic! I'm just a puppet master!

• Locked thread