Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Reminder that this exact C9 team beat immortals, who are bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Work Friend Keven posted:

Im going deep to look for a kick. Mmmmmmm so deep.. look (meteos pings himself) MMMmmmmmmmmm (Sneaky and Jensen are laughing and high fiving)

If that is what it takes to win it certainly explains why CLG loses all the time

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
C9 really peaked in that game once they starting talking about felching, I think they finally cracked the new meta

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Ulio posted:

Eh? How is ludens better than Zhonyas or QSS in any situation as a defensive item or survival. He took tp and split push but it was obvious they kept sending Nocturne to gank him. I don't know if you knew but you can't run away from a Nocturne ult but you can actually Zhonyas or cleanse the fear. Cleanse also makes Malzahar beyond useless in teamfights since he has to ult Gnar or support. If Expect wasn't dumb and didn't tp with mini gnar he would have survived those ults.
k

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

c9 get ready to celebrate, and load up beheading videos back in the hotel

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Work Friend Keven posted:

Reminder that this exact C9 team beat immortals, who are bad.

Actually Immortals would've saved Christianity, the western civilisation and humanity itself if they would've gone to worlds. Instead we have Huhi playing the worlds saddest Syndra

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

imay probably won't beat skt (because they're actively terrible in mid-game and skt are skt) but they'll likely have like 10 minutes where they'll look like they're going to (because they'll 5-man bot at 10 minutes) so that's gonna be fun

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Don't know what Jatt was on about Meteos having a good plays late game. It was basically 4v5 thanks to him. He landed some good kicks because Flash Wolves decided to go Elder drag without warding their flank with a poke comp.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

yo, here's my pick em, what's your hot take on my Group A? I made that firmly believing that CLG would go full CLPee and they did today but I wonder if that will happen again or not. I'm not sure if today was a fluke or what but if ANX can get a CLG that makes the same mistakes they made today then I think there's a pretty good chance that G2 can also get that CLG and go 2-4, tie with ANX and then beat them to go on. Thoughts?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
In Honor of C9 winning over flash wolves and securing the 2nd seed out of their group lets all join them in Cumming and then lets say the n word in a robot lady voice for 15 seconds.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
the real mvp of the game was flash wolves' bottom inhibitor that was exposed for 40 minutes and never died :cheers:

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

gently caress theres 3 games left

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
poor keven

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Luna Was Here posted:

yo, here's my pick em, what's your hot take on my Group A? I made that firmly believing that CLG would go full CLPee and they did today but I wonder if that will happen again or not. I'm not sure if today was a fluke or what but if ANX can get a CLG that makes the same mistakes they made today then I think there's a pretty good chance that G2 can also get that CLG and go 2-4, tie with ANX and then beat them to go on. Thoughts?

I also have CLG in 4th in that group and I stick with my prediction.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

OH MY loving GOD I JUST REALIZED THEY COULD HAVE TOLD METEOS THAT HE WAS PLAYING THE FLASH WOLVES AND MAYBE HE WOULD HAVE GANKED

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

God and the last game of the day is RNG v SSG which is basically the most important match of the day this is a nightmare.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Jerkface posted:

OH MY loving GOD I JUST REALIZED THEY COULD HAVE TOLD METEOS THAT HE WAS PLAYING THE FLASH WOLVES AND MAYBE HE WOULD HAVE GANKED

lmao

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

im sorta stoked that RNG is playing well and EDG is loving up in the exact way that i explained they gently caress up. im also excited that SSG is preparing to gently caress up in the way i predicted. thanks for making me look smart, teams i like to watch

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Blank, huh? Okay.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

c9 banning out nidalee against bengi is still my favorite thing that has happened at worlds

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

im sorta stoked that RNG is playing well and EDG is loving up in the exact way that i explained they gently caress up. im also excited that SSG is preparing to gently caress up in the way i predicted. thanks for making me look smart, teams i like to watch

Now we wait for CoreJJ to carry SSG really really hard, punishing dumb over-aggression by RNG all game long

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The reason that SKT struggles against the Freecs is that Mickey plays really aggressively in lane. Most Korean teams don't play that aggressively like that, which is why BaeMe is playing over Athena, who is not remotely aggressive. They're hoping to pull a Freecs imo

Wuxi posted:

Now we wait for CoreJJ to carry SSG really really hard, punishing dumb over-aggression by RNG all game long

that would be pretty funny and is totally possible. the CoreJJ part isn't nearly as likely as the RNG running around like stupid dicks part

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Jerkface posted:

:vince:

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
C9 doesn't play the first three days of next year week and then has to play 3 games on Sunday. What the gently caress.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Wait, no Athena? I was hoping for the disrespect Vel'koz blind pick

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Jerkface posted:

This makes it all worth it.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Jayisspecial posted:

C9 doesn't play the first three days of next year week and then has to play 3 games on Sunday. What the gently caress.

That's the same for every group, friend. After tomorrow, it's three games per team, each day reserved for a group

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Luna Was Here posted:

i'd be surprised if ANX were able to take a game off G2 just because Zven vs aMiracle is just such a significant mismatch in terms of contributions, both G2 and CLG have weak/inconsistent solo lanes but Stixxay (who did have that ridiculous damage per minute this game) isn't as well-positioned to just stomp lane vs A Literal D2 ADC because of how he plays. CLG will probably play a far tighter comp against ANX next time , it's possible bc they have to be thinking "three support bans" which is a fun limitation but yeah i think we settle back pretty firmly into ROX > G2 > CLG > ANX for the remaining games so no hilarity

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

rabidsquid posted:

c9 banning out nidalee against bengi is still my favorite thing that has happened at worlds

Thanks, Reapered

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Jayisspecial posted:

Everyone is like that

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

btw this is exactly what imay need to do to win this game, ganking jungler, ryze to roam, an adc who has stupid damage when ahead to cover up jinjiao's deficiencies

they probably still lose though because sivir-karma probably makes getting those kills difficult

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Jayisspecial posted:

Next week is one group per day

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

they talk about the easy level 2 gank on faker, which is true, but they also have an easy jungle invade on nidalee, which i think is also quite likely

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

squid road is the chinese kiwikid right?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

he's a Korean but yea

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

he's Chinas KiWiKiD

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

2 hp

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

rabidsquid posted:

he's Chinas KiWiKiD

:getin:

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

one of the china analysts said that "road thinks he's imay's mid and no-one has corrected him yet" and, hell, they're right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
wow

• Locked thread