Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

anime was right posted:

the democrats will not have 60 senators and a majority in the house so nothing will happen for 4-8 years

I always forget how the US system works, and never understand it fully. I'm used to the aus/british system, where house of reps and senate are both voted on simultaneously and we are technically voting for a party rather than its leader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

publishko posted:

Donald Trump will be studied thoroughly in high school AP psychology classes for generations

Trump being in a number of high school and college courses being analyzed in the coming years will be amazing. I finished school just a few years too early.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I can't watch SNL live, so instead I'm reading political journos react to it live on Twitter. This is not the future I foresaw happening the last time Trump paid taxes.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
hey! look out! that member of the mafia is about to eat 5 pounds of pasta made of your hard earned tax dollars!!!!

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

GrimGypsy posted:

Watch Trump Tax Leak

oooooooooooo boy howdy

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Von Sloneker posted:

ok usually I don't do this because it's tiresome but come the gently caress on i left for like 4 or 5 hours and there's over a thousand new post, what happened

also snl lol

Trump Tax return got leaked

He hasn't paid in over 2 decades

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

This SNL cold opening is pretty A+.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this snl skit lmao.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Hahaha the comments are so hopeful

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Book 3: The Returns of the King

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

logikv9 posted:

please post your ideas for the third act of our title

or a new title altogether

Chapter III Five: Revenge of the Giant Face

I'm guessing someone could photoshop Hillary's face on Shoshanna's. I can't, but maybe someone can?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ-p4VGCXEg

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Moon Atari posted:

I always forget how the US system works, and never understand it fully. I'm used to the aus/british system, where house of reps and senate are both voted on simultaneously and we are technically voting for a party rather than its leader.

here you live in a specific congressional district, and you vote for your representative of that district, who then in turn supports you in the house you elected him/her to

so i'll go to the polls and see "dumb rear end in a top hat (R)" and "dumber rear end in a top hat (D)" (pick only 1)

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Fix posted:

I can't watch SNL live, so instead I'm reading political journos react to it live on Twitter. This is not the future I foresaw happening the last time Trump paid taxes.

Neither am I, I'm mainlining Something Awful.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

TotalHell posted:

:yeah:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

TotalHell posted:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

TotalHell posted:

Book 3: The Returns of the King (Of Debt)

Alternatively

TotalHell posted:

Book 3: The Returns of the Welfare King

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/190866856624668672

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Returns from Castle Trumpenstein

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

TotalHell posted:

yep

Swedgin
Aug 22, 2006

by exmarx
Kate McKinnon as Hillary is literally weeping with joy during this debate skit, lol

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 214 days!

Moon Atari posted:

Well, technically, we vote for our own MP.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
"I'm going to set my alarm for 3:20, sit on my golden toilet bowl, and tweet about it until completion."

lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

does snl stream anywhere?

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Lol if you aren't watching Clemson v Louisville

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

TotalHell posted:

this has to be it

there is no other

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Three Olives posted:

It's really one of the weird/perverse things of mega mansions, once they reach a certain size they can't be practically used by a family anymore so they start designing huge portions of them basically not to be used. The family gets segmented off into basically an apartment in the mansion that is access controlled and has limited staff access while the rest is just for show.

It wouldn't surprise me if his apartment has at least 4 kitchens, catering, staff, public and family.

More like catering, staff,family. Staff doesn't have to be that big any more because they run it through the building as one of the services (e.g. Laundry). Dedicated cleaners only for some areas, not all. Some could probably get the tower staff on rotation.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
Ok. Alec Baldwin did what he was supposed to do. SNL delivered. :golfclap:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
The Returns of the Fat Orange Puke

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

We went to see some little show
That was staged in an old shed
Past the edge of town

And in its beginnings all seemed well
The miniature curtain stage glowed in the darkness
While those dolls bounced along on their strings before our eyes
And in its beginnings all seemed well

But then there came a subtle turning point which some have noticed
And I was one
Who quietly left the show
No I did not

Because I could see where things were going
As the antics of those dolls grew strange
And the fragile strings grew taut
With their tiny pullings, tiny limbs

The others around me became appalled
And turned away and abandoned the show
That was staged in an old shed
Past the edge of town

But I wanted to witness what could never be
I wanted to see what could not be seen
But the moment of consummate disaster
My puppets turned to face the puppet master

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 214 days!
Reading the history of parliamentary systems is funny, with sixteenth century politicians denying that there was such thing as a "'prime' minister."

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

CortezFantastic posted:

Yeah, insane game right now.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
alex baldwin nailed it

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
tax not what your country can do for you, tax what you can't do for your country.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

lol
https://twitter.com/tonyschwartz/status/782316011383091200

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/782425555077591040
The transcripts tonight are seriously peak Trump.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

CortezFantastic posted:

louisville unis are straight fire emoji

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Coolguye posted:

here you live in a specific congressional district, and you vote for your representative of that district, who then in turn supports you in the house you elected him/her to

so i'll go to the polls and see "dumb rear end in a top hat (R)" and "dumber rear end in a top hat (D)" (pick only 1)

We are the same in that regard but there are a bunch of differences. I'll look it up myself rather than clog the thread with highschool level information.

Seconding the excitement to see the textbooks of the future. My uni day psych books were full of analysis of why people supported Bush and his post 9/11 decisions. I think Trump was already used as an example occasionally, now he is going to be analysed and ridiculed forever.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

TotalHell posted:

p cool p good

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Wiltsghost posted:

Yeah, insane game right now.

lol if you're not watching a literal fist fight because UFC is live and free on FS1. If you like politics, you can appreciate the sport

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Al! posted:

does snl stream anywhere?

gotta pay for cable

don't worry the youtube will be up

• Locked thread