Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Chris de Sperg posted:

one of the china analysts said that "road thinks he's imay's mid and no-one has corrected him yet" and, hell, they're right
so yeah about that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
:rip:

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Chris de Sperg posted:

i'd be surprised if ANX were able to take a game off G2 just because Zven vs aMiracle is just such a significant mismatch in terms of contributions, both G2 and CLG have weak/inconsistent solo lanes but Stixxay (who did have that ridiculous damage per minute this game) isn't as well-positioned to just stomp lane vs A Literal D2 ADC because of how he plays. CLG will probably play a far tighter comp against ANX next time , it's possible bc they have to be thinking "three support bans" which is a fun limitation but yeah i think we settle back pretty firmly into ROX > G2 > CLG > ANX for the remaining games so no hilarity

I meant that if anx win against clg again then g2 probably beats clg as well, which means that when g2 beats anx again they'll be tied at 2-4, clg at 1-5, and rox laughing their way to a top 8 finish while g2 probably beats anx again to get to top 8 as well. I think it's entirely on huhi and darshan to not suck butt but we'll have to see

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

we've seen so many 5 man bot again this worlds

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Boy, this game is a breath of fresh air after the last one. What a crisp rotation.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I don't understand giving up Nidalee in this meta.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Luna Was Here posted:

I meant that if anx win against clg again then g2 probably beats clg as well, which means that when g2 beats anx again they'll be tied at 2-4, clg at 1-5, and rox laughing their way to a top 8 finish while g2 probably beats anx again to get to top 8 as well. I think it's entirely on huhi and darshan to not suck butt but we'll have to see
g2 haven't played anx yet so if they 2-0 anx and beat clg they'll be 3-3 so they're either tiebreaking vs a 3-3 clg or it's anx 2-4 and clg 1-5. but yeah butt sucking prob will happen

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
They should adjust the Worlds client to allow a team to surrender at 10 minutes if they pick Poppy and/or Oriana

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Chris de Sperg posted:

g2 haven't played anx yet so if they 2-0 anx and beat clg they'll be 3-3 so they're either tiebreaking vs a 3-3 clg or it's anx 2-4 and clg 1-5. but yeah butt sucking prob will happen
oh wait i'm still dumb, they won't tiebreak either way because clg are 2-4 in that case

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Sexpansion posted:

Or, like, any time in the last 18 months. gently caress Nidalee.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I love watching Faker play.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
imay is clearly worse than skt but they're certainly a lot less worse than most of the teams at world, imo

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Sexpansion posted:

Apparently, Blank doesn't know where his summoner buttons are, so I might let him have Nid. :smith:

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

I just realized that banme is using the SKT1 Ryze skin lol

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
lol Duke didn't even have to teleport for that baron fight, he just walked up from bot lane.

e: imay haven't gotten an objective yet

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

they were already ahead but that was literally a game winning ult by faker

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Fantastic game all around.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
well that was one sided

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

thelazyblank posted:

Apparently, Blank doesn't know where his summoner buttons are, so I might let him have Nid. :smith:

Nevermind, weird flashes and all, Blank was.. good? :unsmith:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Schnorkles posted:

well that was one sided

Imay definitely had no real response to SKT, which is unsurprising. SKT thankfully knows how to close out a game when they have an advantage, and watching Faker is always a treat. Blank's Nidalee mechanics were also impressive to see.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
So what are the odds TSM loses to Splyce

I feel like it's ninety-nine percent

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Trashy is going to jam a hypodermic needle into Bjergsens eye

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Dragongem posted:

So what are the odds TSM loses to Splyce

I feel like it's ninety-nine percent
legitimately reasonable tbh

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

hauntzer is super loving smart but struggles post-laning phase because he can't control and construct things like vision in such an orderly fashion, whereas wunder is a complete loving monkey but is the pro equivalent of a lane master yi main

fun matchup

zelgadis
Sep 5, 2004

Doesn't that just beat all
In the regular season TSM only lost to the 2 worst teams, echo fox and pheonix, because they didn't do what they expected from a normal team. How do you defeat an enemy that has no reason?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

seems pretty easy, with EU currently being 1-69 at worlds

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

pls pray with me for mikyx sion support to finally get its unveiling

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Stop making double play jihnn

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Doublelift on Jhin is the ultimate 50/50

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Dlift definitely got hosed up by Mata, but vs samsung he was dominating in lane and hit like all of those long range Jhin roots

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

surely splyce had to see that fight over blue buff coming, what the heck?

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Is there a carbon monoxide leak in Doublelift and Biofrost's bedroom?

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

ungulateman posted:

surely splyce had to see that fight over blue buff coming, what the heck?
you'd think so right

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

mickey x

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

sencux? more like senMY SEXUALITY WAS TURNED INTO A MEME BY IDIOTS

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
feel like after day 1 the universe realigned, eastern teams good, western teams faff around like idiots

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Dragongem posted:

feel like after day 1 the universe realigned, eastern teams good, western teams faff around like idiots

FW are asian, actually

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

ungulateman posted:

sencux? more like senMY SEXUALITY WAS TURNED INTO A MEME BY IDIOTS

now they just probate us in cspam for saying it. :(

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

henkman posted:

FW are asian, actually

nobody won that game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Dragongem posted:

nobody won that game

Meteos being allowed to win that game is an unforgivable crime and I will never forgive FW.

• Locked thread