Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
Did they end up making the upgrade system so new players are playing basically naked against people with +50% hp, +massive armor and weapons with upgraded scopes etc.? Because that seems like a loving awful idea, unless the purpose is to kill any chance that a new player might have fun, outside the "it's spaaace mahreeens!"-factor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
You can try setting these as your Steam launch options:

-USEALLAVAILABLECORES -LANPLAY

Either the 1.0.7 patch fixed my framerate problems, or those launch options fixed them.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Holy poo poo the Eldar are loving broken.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Did they end up making the upgrade system so new players are playing basically naked against people with +50% hp, +massive armor and weapons with upgraded scopes etc.? Because that seems like a loving awful idea, unless the purpose is to kill any chance that a new player might have fun, outside the "it's spaaace mahreeens!"-factor.

It's not that bad. All the default loadouts have items from all the ranks in them, so they are fine. It took me halfway through rank 2 until I was using my custom loadouts all the time. Just spend a couple hours playing, dump all your money into the 1000 Req box, and buy up the trinkets in the advancement menu. You'll be good at that point to start customizing. And once you start unlocking "better" stuff, you'll have to make compromises. I wanted an axe and medium armor on my melee class so I had to drop my grenades. I've had to drop some health trinkets on my jetpack class to make all the things I wanted fit.

And it isn't anything as extreme as +50% HP. An Ork has 250 base HP. For 180 LP, you can add 42 extra HP on top of that. That's only, what, 17% extra HP?

lite_sleepr posted:

Nalin fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Oct 2, 2016

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Holy poo poo the loading times!

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

lite_sleepr posted:

I thought this too, but now I'm under the impression they just peak early and get outclassed now that people have unlocked things for other races.

The exploits with the grav tanks have go to go though.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Stanley Pain posted:

I thought this too, but now I'm under the impression they just peak early and get outclassed now that people have unlocked things for other races.

No, they're broke. They can ADAD spam and it's like they're sprinting. Their weapons also fire way faster than anything else, couple that with ADAD spam and you simply can't go 1v1.

And holy poo poo plasma. Nothing is more fun than being one poo poo killed from across the map.

The stun locking is :eyepop:

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Oct 2, 2016

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Where's the Imperial Guard :colbert:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

lite_sleepr posted:

No, they're broke. They can ADAD spam and it's like they're sprinting. Their weapons also fire way faster than anything else, couple that with ADAD spam and you simply can't go 1v1.

And holy poo poo plasma. Nothing is more fun than being one poo poo killed from across the map.

I really hate to break this to you but you may have bought a bad game...

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Stanley Pain posted:

Eldar melee start with really good weapons, but don't get any upgrades. Once you get to Tier 3 or so you start surpassing the Eldar loadouts.

Or you can just start as a Space Wolf Apothecary and get a free Tier 2.5 weapon.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Eldar have tiny hitboxes in a game with lots of weapon spread, they are so fast they can walk circles around you in melee range and you can't hit them, and their vehicles are stupidly powerful. At least their major bullshit weapons have been getting nerfed. Now we just need to solve the plasma cannon and meltagun issues.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I've gotten every race to rank 4 now. I can honestly say that Eldar aren't the mega OP thing.

lite_sleepr posted:

This isn't PS2 so ADAD spam doesn't actually accomplish anything.

Chomp8645 posted:

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Chomp8645 posted:

It's bad. Refund requested.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Stanley Pain posted:

I've gotten every race to rank 4 now. I can honestly say that Eldar aren't the mega OP thing.

This isn't PS2 so ADAD spam doesn't actually accomplish anything.

I mean, you're probably wrong :/

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Eldar aren't OP, the only advantage they have over other races is starting with a meltagun. Also if you're frequently dying in ranged duels you should've tried meleeing them.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Trust me, I'm a lovely videogame guru.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
I'm no 40K expert but aren't the races supposed to be unbalanced in combat to a certain extent?

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Dont look at 40k for anything resembling fair or good balance, especially considering one is a tabletop game and the other is a videogame

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.
let us not become MWO, and not defend lazy balance with tabletop justifications

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Alexander DeLarge posted:

I'm no 40K expert but aren't the races supposed to be unbalanced in combat to a certain extent?

Wow what a post.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Where all the chaos peeps at? I need some buddies.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I'd hop on and play with you if the game were free but it's my assessment that it isn't worth money :(

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

There isn't a loving way to invite people into your warparty. Not even from the guild screen. Seriously what the gently caress is the point of a guild if I can't do anything with the members other than kick them?? Good god how do they gently caress this up? :psyduck:

There is definitely something I'm missing since people are definitely making warparties and queueing up. What is it? How do I invite people?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
The plasma cannon needs a nerf like real bad. One shot AOE is nuts.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Popete posted:

The plasma cannon needs a nerf like real bad. One shot AOE is nuts.

Plasma Canon and shield are the two items that stand out as overpowered to me.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

lite_sleepr posted:

I mean, you're probably wrong :/

The one thing they managed to do is make it consistently janky :D

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Someone tell me what the hell the point of CSM Assault class is. It is like a Sorcerer with out spells.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Ass_Burgerer posted:

There isn't a loving way to invite people into your warparty. Not even from the guild screen. Seriously what the gently caress is the point of a guild if I can't do anything with the members other than kick them?? Good god how do they gently caress this up? :psyduck:

There is definitely something I'm missing since people are definitely making warparties and queueing up. What is it? How do I invite people?

You have to have a person on your Steam friend list to invite them to a warparty. You can't invite your guild members. Yes, it is pretty hosed up.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Xae posted:

Someone tell me what the hell the point of CSM Assault class is. It is like a Sorcerer with out spells.

To use the mark of khorne and they can get heavier armor than sorcerers because sorcs are forced to take a spell.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
They've talked about reworking the party system and guilds, it's definitely on the to do list. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
They also get more +HP and +Armor items and access to more melee weapons.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
is this multiplayer space marine basically

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
.... Eonwe???

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Chomp8645 posted:

.... Eonwe???

hi

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
FAU has gone too far!!!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Unlike the developers of this game, who did not go far anywhere except into fanboy's wallets.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
This game is like the beta to multiplayer space marine.

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007

HILLARY CURES DEPLORABLES posted:

is this multiplayer space marine basically

If it was a beta, with no hit detection, horrible TTK and a pathetic internet community? then yes.

Nothing in this game is worth your time unless you like breaking fanboy projects and underqualified developer's dreams. This is also why it's the perfect Warhammer MMO.

Hal_2005 fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Oct 2, 2016

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I fully expect this to have ~100 players on Steam in about a year, slavishly defending the honor of Eternal Crusade with the same devotion shown by the Wildstar holdouts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I gotta say. This is a bad game. I thought after two patches they could iron out the most obvious stuff but they haven't. I'm gonna drink and play dark souls III again.

• Locked thread