Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Ularg posted:

And finally, on the Killer Instinct subreddit:

You could have just said "there's a Killer Instinct subreddit" and basically gold-medaled the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Free with every value meal AAAS membership!

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Feed those cookies to some birds.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Some extra protein in your cookies can't hurt.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I lived in a complete shithole of an apartment before buying my house, and we had flour beetles infest our food. You do not want to eat anything they have touched. I cannot describe what they taste like, but it's by far the worst thing on the planet. It's overwhelmingly strong, very sour, and the taste stays in your mouth for hours. I have never come across anything that smells or tastes anything like them except maybe varnish. If there is even one beetle or larva in your cookie, the entire thing is ruined. Ruined.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Picnic Princess posted:

I lived in a complete shithole of an apartment before buying my house, and we had flour beetles infest our food. You do not want to eat anything they have touched. I cannot describe what they taste like, but it's by far the worst thing on the planet. It's overwhelmingly strong, very sour, and the taste stays in your mouth for hours. I have never come across anything that smells or tastes anything like them except maybe varnish. If there is even one beetle or larva in your cookie, the entire thing is ruined. Ruined.

So Turkeyes should take the cookies to work as an anonymous gift.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Puppy Time posted:

I've been told that "vagina bones" is meant as a humorous term. It's still really dumb, of course.

A girl I know pointed out the male equivalent of these, and claimed they were known as 'cock slides'. That term has always amused me.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

EL BROMANCE posted:

A girl I know pointed out the male equivalent of these, and claimed they were known as 'cock slides'. That term has always amused me.

I prefer "cum gutters."

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx

Pastry of the Year posted:

You could have just said "there's a Killer Instinct subreddit" and basically gold-medaled the thread.

My nipples have never been so hard as to stretch fabric tautly across my chest like that. What am I doing wrong?

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

EL BROMANCE posted:

I never had a term for those before, so I'm swiping that now.

Bast Relief posted:

My nipples have never been so hard as to stretch fabric tautly across my chest like that. What am I doing wrong?

Well, these are people who have trained to fight for most of their lives, so it's probably some ancient martial arts secret. Stiletto Titty Technique or something.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

After all: Bill Clinton's third term is coming up!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

:rolleyes:

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
I always be walking around like "poo poo anyone got a charger my iPad ran out of batteries again".

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Yeah, all those books that hold hundreds of books in a small package.

I will never understand the rancor some people hold for reading on computers; it's not like they're taking away actual print books any time soon.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Anyone have that webcomic about the smug motherfucker on the airplane who doesn't have to power down his book during takeoff?

I hate that guy.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx
You know what I have that people who read books don't?

Shelf space.

Because I don't read.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Picnic Princess posted:

Anyone have that webcomic about the smug motherfucker on the airplane who doesn't have to power down his book during takeoff?

I hate that guy.

I was trying to find that too. Apparently it's impossible to google.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
My secret to the ultimate enjoyment of reading is not defining myself by how many books I read, nor which form they happen to be in.

LL_Ghoul_J
Oct 22, 2004

Get Heavy

Picnic Princess posted:

I hate that guy.

This one?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Can you explain this funny tweet? I don't understand it because I am not a bookworm.

Even considering how convenient it is to have a device that can hold hundreds of books the batteries on those things last for something like 20 goddamn hours. I'm sure you can find time to charge it during then.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Puppy Time posted:

Yeah, all those books that hold hundreds of books in a small package.

I will never understand the rancor some people hold for reading on computers; it's not like they're taking away actual print books any time soon.

Ray Bradbury posted:

He resisted the conversion of his work into e-books, saying in 2010 "We have too many cellphones. We've got too many internets. We have got to get rid of those machines. We have too many machines now".

still makes me laugh

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Crocoswine posted:

still makes me laugh

He was going to write Fahrenheit 2,577, which was supposed to be a utopian novel.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Absurd Alhazred posted:

He was going to write Fahrenheit 2,577, which was supposed to be a utopian novel.

Is that the temperature at which a Kindle burns?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Pot Of Shoe posted:

Is that the temperature at which a Kindle burns?

Silicon melts. Now I had to explain it, so I guess it just wasn't that funny. :smith:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

That's the one. A fitting end for such an annoying prick.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
I just use real books because i have a terrible memory and never remember to recharge anything, so it's either something that's always plugged in (PC) or doesn't need charging (book)

But i accept this is a matter of preference due to my own shortcomings

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I have a hard time adapting to new technologies, and I've already gotten used to books.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

I live in an non English speaking country and like carrying something light when I travel

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I can't even focus long enough to read a news article, let alone a book.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Ularg posted:

I can't even focus long enough to read a news article, let alone a book.

What's this post say? I can't get to the end.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Puppy Time posted:

Usually the same people who hold books (all books regardless of content) as sacred objects. The type who see this

as desecration. Who think that the bad thing about book burning is the physical destruction of books rather than the underlying censorship. Who talk about having so many books because they can't bear to get rid of them. And who for some reason never seem to talk about any books they've read recently, just about how they reread Lord of the Rings or Pride and Prejudice at least once a year and how little time they have for TV/movies/video games.

Mak0rz posted:

Even considering how convenient it is to have a device that can hold hundreds of books the batteries on those things last for something like 20 goddamn hours. I'm sure you can find time to charge it during then.
If you turn wireless off you won't need to recharge for days. Weeks even, depending on how much you use them.

Thinky Whale
Aug 2, 2012

All that most maddens and torments; all that stirs up the lees of things; all truth with malice in it; all that cracks the sinews and cakes the brain; all the subtle demonisms of life and thought; all evil were visibly personified, and made practically assailable in Fry.
Less "idiot on social media," more "endearingly unfortunate picture choice":

Do your best, Pennsatucky.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Its funny, I have a friend who reads hundreds of books a year (no exaggeration)and works in a library. Yet she never posts a single meme about how ebooks are terrible or shits on other people's tastes in novels. To her, reading is something she loves and enjoys, and not a status symbol or replacement for a personality.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Cuntellectual posted:

How do you view comments on imgur anyways? I'm morbidly curious and don't see any.

I have always wondered about this I assumed you had to be logged in, I never see them either. I must have some browser plugin I forgot about.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

I Killed GBS posted:

I just use real books because i have a terrible memory and never remember to recharge anything, so it's either something that's always plugged in (PC) or doesn't need charging (book)

But i accept this is a matter of preference due to my own shortcomings

Ebooks are better because you can read them on the train and that oval office halfway down the carriage can't judge you because he doesn't know what you're reading.

Again, personal preference. Maybe you want everyone to know that you're nearly finished Mein Kampf.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Semprini posted:

Ebooks are better because you can read them on the train and that oval office halfway down the carriage can't judge you because he doesn't know what you're reading.

Again, personal preference. Maybe you want everyone to know that you're nearly finished Mein Kampf.

Just cut the cover off a respectable book and glue it over whatever you're actually reading. Problem solved.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Tiggum posted:

Just cut the cover off a respectable book and glue it over whatever you're actually reading. Problem solved.

Fun fact: If you buy a book in a store in Japan, they'll include a slip-on cover for it so you can read it on the train without getting judged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Semprini posted:

This is my edition of Mein Kampf:

So I need at least three seats anyway, might as well let everyone know that Hitler stole their seat!