Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

This was not the case when I tried a cleric stance hotbar macro. It got out of sync EASILY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Failboattootoot posted:

Honest healers aren't bad but they can never be more than mediocre.

When my choice is either help some rando get out of the dungeon 5 minutes faster or watch another episode of Gotham, it's not really a choice. I'm gonna netflix every time.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

In the next patch can they put an aetheryre in waking sands (yes I know the ferry route)
Instead they're going to make an abbreviated 2.0 msq that gets rid of all the soup delivery parts but keeps all the times you have to pray return

Mrs.Nameko
Dec 16, 2015

Mushrooms are the internet of the forest!
Well...I got some new gear...

:eyepop:

Anniversary present from my Leodor!

Goon Twins! :sparkles:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

If you assign a macro to have the icon of a normal move, doesn't it fail to activate when that move is on cooldown?

It won't cast the ability that's on cooldown, but it will still process the rest of the macro, which will just gently caress everything up for you.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Now I'm annoyed because I just got through A11 for the first time after three wipes, and it got 1000x easier when I switched to Nocturnal Sect. (WHM partner)

I was all resolved here to stay Diurnal but that felt really good :mad:

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
Just got into this finally a few days ago, learned about the yokai watch event, now completely sidetracked from story stuff to grind dumb yokai watch pets 24 hours a day till event ends.

Probably can get all the minions and the basic mount, but Legendary coins drops are garbage, so probably impossible to get more than a couple weapons.

Pyronic fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Oct 2, 2016

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

When my choice is either help some rando get out of the dungeon 5 minutes faster or watch another episode of Gotham, it's not really a choice. I'm gonna netflix every time.

Same, i just do my unleashed&berserk threat combo on the boss and then go afk watching youtube for a couple minutes. It's not really a choice

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Mrs.Nameko posted:

Well...I got some new gear...

:eyepop:

The mid 40's are loving magical for WHMs and SCHs.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

HenryEx posted:

Same, i just do my unleashed&berserk threat combo on the boss and then go afk watching youtube for a couple minutes. It's not really a choice

Yeah, I just put Garuda on sic and go do some laundry or whatever.

Why is this dungeon taking so long? loving pubbies.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Thundarr posted:

I managed to just barely finagle my squad into meeting the base requirements for the first flagged mission. Can confirm that its either "You're not ready" if you don't meet them or "You're sure to win!" if you do, unlike other missions where there is a range of difficulty based on how close you come to meeting the requirements. I guess tomorrow I'll see what clearing the flagged mission opens up exactly.

It opens up a second set of missions from level 20 to 40.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

The 215(?) healer chest is also pretty skimpy.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Welcome to 40 WHM

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

In a perverse mood once I glamoured that on all my classes when I was femroe

Much later I switched back to boy potatoe and forgot that that glamour was still there on a couple

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Lore question now that I've finished 3.4 and Alexander (holy poo poo A11 and A12 are so good you guys):

I get that Alexander took one look at the future result of his existence and decided to welp out via timey wimey shenanigans, but why did his Primal essence attack us at all in A12? I can kind of get that Alexander the machine and Alexander the Primal are separate, the former totally under Quickthinx's control, so all the other floors make sense, but why A12?

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

Lore question now that I've finished 3.4 and Alexander (holy poo poo A11 and A12 are so good you guys):

I get that Alexander took one look at the future result of his existence and decided to welp out via timey wimey shenanigans, but why did his Primal essence attack us at all in A12? I can kind of get that Alexander the machine and Alexander the Primal are separate, the former totally under Quickthinx's control, so all the other floors make sense, but why A12?

Because the story is dumb garbage.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Ciaphas posted:

He was testing you; the cutscene afterwards explains that it willed itself out of the timeline and entrusted it to you because it trusted in your ability to guide the world.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Gah, of course it was the puppetmaster defense, I should have realized.

I liked the 3.4 MSQ story on the whole but dang Alex's was a bit of a wet fart

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
its good cause its so dumb

Wonder Turbine
Sep 22, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

Gah, of course it was the puppetmaster defense, I should have realized.

I liked the 3.4 MSQ story on the whole but dang Alex's was a bit of a wet fart

Agreed.

They had a time machine and used it to travel only three years into the past? That's like having a 747 and using it to drive to the grocery store.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

Seems like shades of Primals being unable to actually self-terminate- Ramuh implied this too, way back in the 2.X expansions, but his open decision to use the opportunity to test the Warrior of Light muddies that as an example. 3.4 Titan also implies that Primal behavior is at least influenced by the desires of those that summoned them, so it's likely that Alexander simply can't just keel over and has to at least attempt to fulfill Quickthinx's desire to create a perfect world for the Illuminati, with only the knowledge that no future with Alexander can actually be perfect letting him sabotage Quickthinx's and his best efforts.

e: Or maybe just what terrified said.

Mr. Locke fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Oct 2, 2016

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Someone had a post up in PF buying the Samsonian Locks for "first offer within reason". I offered 3m and they countered with 5m.

And no, I didn't typo that. They're that rare?!

(I mean, pentamelded 250s galore, they might just be a whale.)

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Someone had a post up in PF buying the Samsonian Locks for "first offer within reason". I offered 3m and they countered with 5m.

And no, I didn't typo that. They're that rare?!

(I mean, pentamelded 250s galore, they might just be a whale.)

I've seen them going for 8-10 million each on Excalibur, so... Yeah. They're really rare + in demand.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Crackerjack posted:

I didn't choose the mullet life, the mullet life chose me.

What is this thing on your back?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Shy posted:

What is this thing on your back?

It's an Onion Shield.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Virulence posted:

I've seen them going for 8-10 million each on Excalibur, so... Yeah. They're really rare + in demand.

Wait, seriously?

I got one on my very first PotD run and just used it without thinking :stare:

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

Yeah, like mentioned, he's testing you to see if this future outcome is the one he deems the right timeline. If you pay attention to Alexander Prime's dialogue during the fight, it's obvious in hindsight that he's trying to set things straight against Quickthinx. He's pretty congratulatory whenever you pass his judgments. Also when he opens the portals to disable the stopped flow of time when he was used against you and Cid, he's not calling his robots his "faithful" to fix that situation. He's talking about you. When you wipe, he's resetting time because he really does not want you to lose. Alex Prime is a bro.

Skaw fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Oct 2, 2016

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

UHD posted:

Wait, seriously?

I got one on my very first PotD run and just used it without thinking :stare:

There goes 8m :sigh:

Yes, according to someone who farmed it 100x it's quite rare.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Virulence posted:

I am on Excal! I just didn't bother to do any research because why the hell would anyone pay that much for hair obviously.

Yet again, I underestimate the whales and it bites me. I mean, I also went from 12m to 17m with that sale (and that's after buying mats for 250 crafted) so I don't actually care, but LOL loving ten million for a haircut are you KIDDING

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I am on Excal! I just didn't bother to do any research because why the hell would anyone pay that much for hair obviously.

Yet again, I underestimate the whales and it bites me. I mean, I also went from 12m to 17m with that sale (and that's after buying mats for 250 crafted) so I don't actually care, but LOL loving ten million for a haircut are you KIDDING

Yeah, man. There are a lot of people on Excalibur with huge piles of gil and one thing people will always dump money on is fashion.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I didn't think "Oh, cool. Queen's hair is available" was apparently going to cause economic discourse.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Regular hairstyle updates own so much, I logged in during a freebie last month and first thing went to see if there's a hairstyle I could switch to, and 3.3 added a really nice one, it made me so happy that I can leave my pretty princess hibernated until whenever I decide to re-subscribe but with a better haircut.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Haircuts are literally the only thing where that price is justified.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It looks like trash on female characters too.
I think it is different for dudes and looks okay on those though.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

... Motherfucker, literally got smithsonian locks on my first run today and used it cause I figured, "oh it's just hair."

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

terrified of my bathroom posted:

He was testing you; the cutscene afterwards explains that it willed itself out of the timeline and entrusted it to you because it trusted in your ability to guide the world.

SWEET DIVE BRO!

YOU GOT THIS!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I feel like I should farm the haircut to get in on the money train even though I know I have little chance. All of the 1-10 farm groups I've joined the past though have people following me like a shadow into each room instead of splitting up.

I go on Mechanist so that I can just totally own everything and clear at light speed, why are you dudes just tagging along instead of clearing the other paths!!! is the only thing that is on my mind in these things.

e:
yessssss complaining will always be the best way to get things done in mmos

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Oct 2, 2016

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I randomly got three of one of the items you need to craft that new poncho from Aquapolis today and self them all for 3 million a piece. People really wanna look like a hobo I guess.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Checking in to report the level 20 squad promotion mission failed with something like 10 points under the stat requirement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The promotion to First Lieutenant in your GC comes after succeeding the level 40 Squadron mission, according to data miners.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/55h2ya/first_lieutenant_is_unlocked_by_hitting_level_40/

Kinda stupid really that you need to jump through all those hoops for a promotion when you've killed Bahamut, Nidhogg, 8000 primals, Alexander... Ought to be able to swagger in and say "yo, Merlwyb, I'm boss now."

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Oct 2, 2016

• Locked thread