Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

graybook posted:

dia giving ruby the gentlest brain damage .gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
dia giving ruby some not so gentle brain damage .gif

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
Holy what, Chika's mom is like 4 feet tall
The side character trio wants to be in the story again... but they're not allowed to. Riko knew the whole time but she was waiting for the perfect moment to own them.
"I got here because you never stopped waiting for me" Mari did you already forget they teamed up to deport you?
I guess none of them are going to say anything to anyone out of their grade. Maybe Aqours isn't a group of nine, it's more like three groups of three that occasionally hang out in close proximity to one another.
Are they really going to recite the entire plot on stage?
"Sorry" "WHAT?" *laugh track (approx. 2 people)*
Is this the preview for the theatrical adaptation? Was Love Live! Sunshine!! actually a dramatization of real historical events the whole time?
When will it end? I just wanted to watch high school girls sing and dance. Honoka didn't die for this.
At least we got a good song and the obligatory mom shot out of it. Yoshiko wants to be hardcore but she also respects her mom by copying her hairdo.
I recognize that beach! Is this really going where I think it's going?
Oh my god they really re-enacted the first promo art. And they even name-dropped the first single. Exceeding expectations right there.

So, that's it, huh? Did they just run out of ideas? For something that's supposed to be a grand finale and the big payoff to the last episode's revelation that they don't actually have to copy µ's all the time, this hardly felt like either. The entire episode is just padding to fill up time until the concert scene.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
honoka was reincarnated into the toddler who slid on the rail

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Daxing Dan posted:

So, that's it, huh? Did they just run out of ideas? For something that's supposed to be a grand finale and the big payoff to the last episode's revelation that they don't actually have to copy µ's all the time, this hardly felt like either. The entire episode is just padding to fill up time until the concert scene.

To me a lot of the early part of the episode is establishing that Aqours have kind of made it as school idols since realising they don't have to be like µ's or whatever. Like, random trio of minor characters are looking at Chika the same way she used to look at Honoka. Just like how seeing µ's inspired Chika now Aqours is inspiring the whole school. The group is already shining.

And a lot of the rest of the episode is just bringing things together that the rest of the season had brought up and making it play a part in the conclusion. A couple of episodes had focus on the strength of Uranohoshi's community, and how everybody who lives there are cool dudes who all support the girls. So all the students show up and wants to contribute to saving the school. A few episodes ago Riko and You were talking about how Chika's definition of "shining" is when she's singing with everybody else, so she inspires the entire stadium to run down and join in the song. Way back in the first few episodes Chika's sisters thought she wouldn't take the whole school idol thing seriously, since she apparently usually gets invested things only to give up later. So her mum shows up echoing the same concerns and is then proud of her when she says she won't give up this time and stuff. And then of course they turn that 0 into a 1.

I dunno, I enjoyed the final episode and thought it pulled a lot of stuff that had been mentioned throughout the show together and make a pretty decent ending.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the recap was hilarious and sweet, idk why people dislike it

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Endorph posted:

the recap was hilarious and sweet, idk why people dislike it

Taken by itself, I liked it, but it was an odd decision to have it at the end of the first season. This was the show's chance to bring together its themes and show us why these girls are good idols in of themselves and not just as successors to μ's, and instead... they did a recap. It would have been a great start to a second season, it would have been really cute right before the climax of the final season (à la Ember Island Players), but here? It was poor way to cement Sunshine in viewers' minds.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

the impression i got was the writers feeling they really had to remind you, so you would appreciate all the themes. it was cute, but cant is right that it makes more sense as a start of new season thing.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

The concept of the skit itself isn't inherently bad, but it's poorly executed and comes in at an inappropriate time. Something like it could have served as a good opener to a hypothetical second season where a recap might actually serve a purpose, but instead it plods on for so long that it kills any remaining momentum they had going into the last concert of the season. As a viewer who's been watching Sunshine week-by-week, I don't need the crash course on Aqours' origin story because I just got done watching the full version and it's fresh in my memory, plus any attempt to demonstrate how far the team has come is unwarranted at this point because they still haven't accomplished even the first, most basic step to saving their school (the zero to one thing). And, it just doesn't make sense for it to exist within the context of that scene. Aqours takes up nearly twice more time talking about themselves than they do performing, all in front of an audience that has no reason to care about this one specific idol group among the thousands that sprung up in the wake of µ's. Frankly, it makes Chika look like she's way too obsessed with herself

SyntheticPolygon posted:

[...]
I dunno, I enjoyed the final episode and thought it pulled a lot of stuff that had been mentioned throughout the show together and make a pretty decent ending.

Hm, yeah, I'm not so sure. They already had the support of the 456 trio, the student body, Chika's family, and the people of the town by the time of their first concert, a point which was reinforced during the lead-up to Yume de Yozora wo Terashitai and before/after the Tokyo trip. It's not about winning those people over, because they already did a long time ago, and everyone at home already knows how cool Uchiura and Uranohoshi are. If there's any substantial change that earned them their first applicant, I'm just not feeling it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

that's a pretty insane interpretation. I can get not digging it but 'makes chika look obsessed with herself?' it's a cartoon, reality gets distorted all the time. You might as well point out how Riko should have broken her leg when she was leaping across buildings to get away from the dog. Or wonder why the dog is allowed in the audience, actually.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
That's just stupid.

And I agree, trying to win over the crowd with "their cause" and "their journey here" instead of winning everyone over with their idol performance is pretty pretentious.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

The recap was cute and pretty well done, but I agree that it kinda killed the pacing and really took me out of the show prior to the finale performance.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

It would have been a great start to a second season

Agreed with this. Would've worked really well if it was the beginning to the all but confirmed to happen second season of Sunshine, like the recap song µ's did at the beginning of LL season 2.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Daxing Dan posted:

Hm, yeah, I'm not so sure. They already had the support of the 456 trio, the student body, Chika's family, and the people of the town by the time of their first concert, a point which was reinforced during the lead-up to Yume de Yozora wo Terashitai and before/after the Tokyo trip. It's not about winning those people over, because they already did a long time ago, and everyone at home already knows how cool Uchiura and Uranohoshi are. If there's any substantial change that earned them their first applicant, I'm just not feeling it.

Well, support is something different to inspiration isn't it? Like, Aqours is inspiring the rest of the students to act in doing something to save the school, or just inspiring them in general. Which is pretty different to them just supporting their concerts. The point of the skit and everything was because it was the regional qualifiers which is a much bigger audience filled with people not from the town or not part of the community, so that's the people they're reaching out to (of course you need to ignore that asking people to attend a school decently far away from them because of idols is pretty silly, but saving the school with idols is pretty silly in the first place). And i'm pretty sure the change is just simple things like "wow now I understand why they're idols and how they feel about stuff and poo poo", it like raised awareness for the school. Not to mention the more thematic reasoning of "they're not trying to be like µ's now, and have learned the true meaning of school idols. So they're better able to stand on their own and influence people".

Zettace posted:

That's just stupid.

And I agree, trying to win over the crowd with "their cause" and "their journey here" instead of winning everyone over with their idol performance is pretty pretentious.

Love Live has never been about the performances though tbf. The journey and the ideals and poo poo have always mattered more. Because it's an anime and that's where the development and the drama and the themes come from.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
The original Love Live was about the journey but that was separate from their performances. The performances were a proving ground for how far they have come in their journey but not a place for them to actually tell the story of their journey.

And from an audience in the stands perspective, why the gently caress are you doing a really long skit in a Love Live event and from an anime viewing audience, why the gently caress are you spending a good chunk of time recapping something I've just watched and have been actively following for the last couple of weeks. It just doesn't work.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Ending was good. I'm glad they accomplished what they set out to do and turned the 0 into a 1

I really did not mind the ending and thought it was a cute and sweet way to recap their journey and let the audience know how they got this far. Y'all are just overthinking it

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Anime was made for overthinking, ya dummy.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Negrostrike posted:

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Negrostrike posted:

dia takes full responsibility for ruby's retardation.gif

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
There is a poll going on right now for who gets to be center in the next PV. There's even a generic "overseas" option for asking where you live so I guess they are accommodating foreigners. Aside from everything being in Japanese and nothing else. There was a 10 minute OVA with the music video that μ's made between season 1 and 2. Maybe Aqours will get the same.

https://twitter.com/ll_wikia/status/779698660577652737?lang=en

Trihugger fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Sep 29, 2016

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Trihugger posted:

There is a poll going on right now for who gets to be center in the next PV. There's even a generic "overseas" option for asking where you live so I guess they are accommodating foreigners. Aside from everything being in Japanese and nothing else. There was a 10 minute OVA with the music video that μ's made between season 1 and 2. Maybe Aqours will get the same.

As much as I want it to be Dia, I'm gonna guess it'll be Zura who gets the next center. Still voted Dia though.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
X

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Trihugger posted:

I voted for Yohane! :devil:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Yeah, why wouldn't you vote for Yohane?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Chill la Chill posted:

Because Dia is better.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Chill la Chill posted:

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Because Dia is better.

I like them both, but Dia just edges Yohane out, along with Mari. Getting her in the Aqours updated LLSIF has just made me like her more with her interaction quotes and stuff, though I haven't heard Yohane's yet. I imagine they'll be pretty good as well, it's only a matter of time before I get to hear them too.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

I refuse to vote for Yohane. My votes are only for good, God-fearing Christian girls like Yoshiko Tsushima.

Also, the new issue of Dengeki G's Magazine is on sale now, which means new articles featuring You, Yoshiko+Riko, and the third-year trio:

Yoshiko posted:

"T... Tada! The demon Yohane has arrived♥ A... are you surprised?"
Huh, Riko's out there?
What's she up to?
She's staring at a big canvas... so she's just painting, then.
Alright, let's see what she's painting♥
Right now, it's mid-day break at school.
So, I head out to the school courtyard where Riko's painting.
Oh, and if I can use this chance to make friends with Riko, I could get her to paint a masterpiece with a title like The Portrait of the Beautiful Demon Yohane of Uchiura someday♪
A portrait of the sole surviving school idol demon of the modern age.
Feels like you mysteries would come flying your way just by having it in your possession, doesn't it?
Oh man, what if it becomes really expensive?
Do I get model's fees or something?
Yeah, I mean, in this case, it'd be popular more because of the model's value than the painter's, so maybe the model gets a bigger share.
Or so I'm thinking as I tiptoe from cover to cover, making my way towards Riko with my breath held, like a true demon.
"Now, what might you be painting? If you're a good painter, I might reward you with the privilege of painting a portrait of my demonic vis-"
I don't even finish before...
"Eeeeeek!"
Riko screams and bolts up from her seat in a panic. With a loud rattle, the easel falls over and the canvas comes falling to the ground."
"Y... Yocchan..."
As I look at the petrified Riko, I barely manage to say, "T... Tada! The demon Yohane has arrived♥ A... are you surprised?"
Ugh, my luck really sucks! I'm truly a demon incarnate!
Sorry, Riko...

You posted:

"Heave ho, heave ho! The autumn festival is where You comes in!"
Autumn is festival season!
When we talk about festivals, there's stuff like the culture festival at school, the children's club festivals, and the festivals at the shopping mall.
But, there's one festival that's held at the same time throughout all of Japan...
It's this♥
The shrine's autumn reitaisai festival!
Autumn is the season for us to thank the gods for the year's harvest.

I've always loved festivals ever since I was a kid!
When I hear the beating of taiko drums in the distance, and the faint echoes of the festival musicians early in the morning, my blood starts surging and I just can't sit still.
Ehehe♥

There's about two people like that in Aqours, and those would be,
of course, me and... Chika♥

I think that up until middle school, we'd carry a children's palanquin together, eat yakisoba and pork miso from the shops for lunch, and play.
It's nice when old ladies in their yukatas dance a lot for the Bon festival, or when there's fireworks at the summer festivals, but still, when there's a palanquin, that's when I really get fired up, because it starts feeling like a real festival!

Heave ho! Heave ho!
When I feel the rocking of the palanquin as we shout, it feels to me like I'm on the crew of a huge ship.
We'll combine our strength and make this ship of the gods set sail♪
Full speed ahead, steady as she goes!
We're gonna make this the Autumn day a total blast♥

Kanan posted:

"For all of us to keep on smiling forever, that's our wish♥"

When Chika first told me she was going to become a school idol, I was just surprised.
I wasn't sure what to do.
Now that I think about it, all of the third years, me, Dia, and Mari, all had no interest in school idols at first.
Not only did we not have any interest, we barely even knew what school idols were when we started.
Dia's the #1 rich girl of the village, the student council president, and a star student at school.
Mari's a half-blooded free spirit who hates working in groups,
and as for myself... I'm a boring local girl in her senior year of high school, but I still kinda have a job helping out with the family diving business, so, surprisingly, I'm one of the busier girls at Ura Girls.
If anything, the three of us were the least likely to have any connection to the cuteness of idols, but before we knew it, now we're facing the camera, dressed up in these cute outfits.

"Aw, stop looking so moody, Kanan! When we're taking a picture, you gotta make yourself as cute as you can be, and be confident! Ready? Let's smile!"

Click.
Sheesh.
I don't even know when I learned to go along with Mari's cheering when she takes selfies.
Now, I can smile like this.
School idols sure are amazing.
Chika once said something to me.
She told me that the power of idols is a mysterious power that gives others smiles, courage, and energy.
So, you've always gotta send out the best smile you can.
Maybe I was the first person to receive that power from Chika.
So, I hope that today, I'll be able to send that power out to everyone today.
"Alright, time to leave my shame behind and look straight into the camera! Ready? Say cheese!" I shout, and Dia interjects.
"Kanan, isn't it a little old-fashioned to still be saying cheese?"
I'll keep on trying my hardest to become a cuter and cuter school idol from here on out.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I am trying to figure out which non Chika and Riko moms showed up in the finale.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Good Listener posted:

I am trying to figure out which non Chika and Riko moms showed up in the finale.
yohane, dia/ruby's, and zura's.

you can tell the one woman is yohane's mom because she's got the exact same hairstyle.
you can tell the one woman is dia/ruby's mom because she looks exactly like dia.
and zura's mom is an old lady, which is what her situation's been described as and explains her old lady-esque behavior.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
https://twitter.com/azolitmin/status/782008759275008000

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Endorph posted:

yohane, dia/ruby's, and zura's.

you can tell the one woman is yohane's mom because she's got the exact same hairstyle.
you can tell the one woman is dia/ruby's mom because she looks exactly like dia.
and zura's mom is an old lady, which is what her situation's been described as and explains her old lady-esque behavior.

This is kind of what I thought haha.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
https://twitter.com/anistitute/status/782390981643558912

hahahaha, want

also, some YoshiMaru I TL'd:

I lost the tweets these were from...

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Ditto, that would be a nice get. Hope there'll be some nesoberis for sale at NYCC next week, but I doubt it. Some Sunshine merch would be cool too, though I doubt some will be ready by then and for sale over here. Probably have to get it online then.

Also, I miss new Sunshine episodes. Not much more to do this Saturday because of it, besides grind that new LLSIF event...

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I was at Anime Weekend Atlanta yesterday and the only Sunshine merch that I could find was the CDs as well as some, like, palm-sized pillows plus character towels.
Pickings are slim, but if you'll be at NYCC, I want to say they're more likely to have better vendors than AWA.

emormu
Jan 16, 2012

GhostStalker posted:

Ditto, that would be a nice get. Hope there'll be some nesoberis for sale at NYCC next week, but I doubt it. Some Sunshine merch would be cool too, though I doubt some will be ready by then and for sale over here. Probably have to get it online then.

I've ordered all of my nesoberis and other Love Live plushes online. Mostly amazon, but I've also gotten some plushies via ebay. I've picked up some Sunshine name tags as well as the Sunshine CDs at Kinokuniya so I would think there's a chance there may be Sunshine merchandise. If you can find somewhere in NYC that sells Nesoberis I would like to know as well.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

That Yoshimaru artist looks like Mezashi, whose pixiv account is here.

In other news, I got the other pages from the latest magazine, which include Q&A sessions with the third-year bunch:

Interview with Kanan posted:

"I'd like you to come take a peek into the blue waters of Uchiura with me"
Q1: Tell us how a typical day goes at your marine shop
I wake up early in the morning, and start by checking the weather and wind speed. Then, I make sure all the tanks we need for the day are filled with air, and get the other equipment ready. Then, I take the boat out onto the water and manage the lessons. In the afternoon, I also act as a guide for scuba divers♥

Q2: Tell us what really makes diving so great?
I think I'd have to say it's the thrill of being able to swim anywhere you want, and the beautiful undersea view. Really, it's like you're entering a different dimension♥ I hope you can experience it for yourself too♪ When you enter the silent world surrounded by blue waters, it's like you've become another animal!

Q3: Kanan, when do you feel relaxed?
I'd have to say it's when all my dives for the day are done, and I get to float up to the surface, get the tank and BC jacket off, climb onto the rubber boat, and get my wetsuit down to my waist, that moment! Maybe? Ehehe. Sorry if that's too specific♥ But it's like that for me even at a regular pool. When you finish swimming to your heart's content and come up to rest, you get a feeling that just can't be beat♪

Q4: I'd like to pick up stargazing, so are there any tips you can give?
The most important things for stargazing would be the season and location, I'd say. I'd advise going somewhere rural, like Uchiura, where there's not a lot of urban lighting, or into the mountains. It's fun to use a telescope, but stargazing with the naked eye is fun in its own way, too♥ I love the winter sky.

Q5: Tell us what delicious seafood you can find in Uchiura or Numazu!
If you're in Ito, I've gotta recommend the splendid alfonsino! It's a red fish with big eyes in a big head, and I eat a lot of it boiled in soy sauce. It's also a typical part of meals at Chika's hotel. Other than that, there's the typical dried whitebait and sakura shrimp, I suppose. I suggest making sakura ebi-don with lots of ginger. A good source of calcium♪

Q6: Is there anywhere you'd like to go diving outside of Numazu?
I've always wanted to go to Okinawa! The customers always tell me how beautiful Ishigaki Island and Iriomote Island are, so I'd like to just stay there for a month or so and go diving every day♥ Then there's also Palau and the Maldives. It might be a bit difficult since those are overseas, but I'd like to go someday.

Interview with Dia posted:

"You want to know about me that badly? Oh fine, I'll tell you, then♥"
Q1: What do you usually talk to Ruby about?
I don't talk to Ruby very much because we don't have a lot in common. It's just "good morning" and "welcome home" and other greetings? Hehe, oh, and I tell her when she's forgotten her things, or when her uniform skirt is crooked, things like that♥ I don't know a lot about those idols she loves so much.

Q2: What was your childhood dream?
To live in a castle as a princess in the daimyo's chief retainer's family♥ It wasn't really a dream. I was just certain that was what I would become, but it seems that the time for that has passed. Hehe, that's right, I do have some unexpectedly cute points♪ Other than that, I kind of wanted to be a schoolteacher as well.

Q3: As a perfectionist, do you ever commit any failures or mistakes?
Absolutely not. Who do you think I am? ... Well, that's what I wish I could say, but of course I have. I'm not so foolish that I can't admit my own mistakes. One major mistake I've made recently would be when Ruby asked me to help write her book report over summer break. It was written so well that I got found out. I was pretty sure I had lowered my quality far enough... Honestly, I feel sorry for that girl!

Q4: What movies do you like?
I watch a lot of war movies. Oh, I don't mean the ones with lots of planes or bombs, of course. I mean the socially-conscious ones about the Holocaust or the tragedies of war, and such. When I watch them, I feel like there's something squeezing on my chest. It motivates me to live each day of my life to the fullest♥

Q5: Why did you become the student council president?
Because nobody else wanted to do it. My teacher asked me to run for the position, and, well that's how it's always been. Whenever we needed a class representative or grade representative, everyone turned to me, like, "Dia will do it," so, I had to. But, it's not like it makes a difference who's the student council president, does it? I'm doing the work with no problems♥

Q6: I heard your father named you, but how did he decide on your name?
He says it's a family tradition to name the girls of the Kurosawa family after gemstones, because girls are the treasures of the family. A bit unusual, isn't it? Now we use katakana, but we used to use Japanese names. In that case, Ruby would become Kougyoku, and as for myself... I think I'm fine with being Dia, thanks.
(For reference, diamond would be kongou in Japanese.)

Interview with Mari posted:

"Come with Mari and set off on the most exciting adventure the world has ever seen♪"
Q1: Do you have a favorite Japanese four-character phrase?
I've got lots! Jitsushitsu gouken (vigorous and sincere), kuuzen zetsugo (the first and last of its kind), icchou isseki (a fleeting span of time), the list goes on! It's like a rhyme, when you've got these similar sounds coming together in a word, and I love that♥ It sounds kinda musical, doesn't it? You've got rhymes in English poetry, but Japanese sounds so much tighter and sharper♪ It's so cute, it my heart starts racing♥♥

Q2: How good are you at horseback riding?
I'm only riding as a hobby, so I'm not even close to the level you'd need to compete. Besides, I ride western style, not British style with all the jumping and stuff♥ But, it's always fun when I'm riding along and it feels like I'm one with the horse! If you're riding with me, just let me handle it♪

Q3: Have you run into any troubles with living in a hotel?
I've been troubled by... nothing, really♥ Oh, but now that you mention it, I guess it's not easy to receive any secret mail? The mail service always brings it to the front desk, and then a concierge brings it to my room, so I'm sure they check the sender. If you're gonna send me a secret fan letter, be careful about that♪

Q4: We know you like punk and metal, but are there any new genres that you've started liking after you became a school idol?
Japanese idol songs are unique. They're not just cute, recently, I've started realizing they're surprisingly funky too. I think it's really cool how well they pull off cuteness♥ But, I hope that one day I can start a punk unit in Aqours and sing some sick tunes. We can all headbang together ♪

Q5: What's the favorite present you've received?
This question's so hard! After all, nothing makes me happier than a thoughtful present. Oh, I know. Well, my birthday came just before summer break, and all the members of Aqours sang a birthday song for me♥. That would be my favorite present lately, I think. And, I'll never forget how the cake looked after Ruby tripped and knocked it over, either♪

Q6: You seem like the type to employ a cook, but can you cook by yourself?
My best dish is a hot sandwich wrapped in foil and cooked outdoors, over an open fire♥ When I ride my horse for long distances, I make them with bread and corned beef once I get to my destination. And, if I've got some hot coffee in my thermos to go with it, then it's perfect! So, I can cook, but only outdoors♪ Next time, I think I'll try making baked apples in a dutch oven♥

I think my main takeaway from this is that Ruby can't do anything right. Girl needs to step up her game.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Man, the conflicting canon across different parts of the franchise is weird to think about sometimes, primarily with Dia's statements about not knowing about idols, and the student council president bit.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Dia's interview seems disingenuous. Or at the very least, anime canon has diverged from interview canon significantly in her case.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think all the characters are pretty different in the anime from how they are in the other material. But from what I understand that was the same in OG LL as well. I'm not completely sure about that though.

Edit: I like Dia being close with Ruby better though. She just seems kinda mean otherwise.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Daxing Dan posted:

That Yoshimaru artist looks like Mezashi, whose pixiv account is here.

Yes, thank you! I just found that out independently, actually. There is much work to be done.

X

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
This is a superior depiction of Dia imo.