Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Who are the three who are always sitting down? New Gens VAs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Starter packs!

Dia! Good!

UR Umi! Good, but I'd really prefer someone else. I now have 5 of Umi's 9 URs across versions. She has a really good center skill, though.

:sigh:

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
https://twitter.com/tamepro/status/781872009584140292

Please Nakai. Please.

Also, I found a more annoying audio bug than the hold sound not stopping.

This time, it was the score-tallying sound! Thankfully, it ended once I started a song.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Sylphid posted:

Who are the three who are always sitting down? New Gens VAs?

You're 2/3 right, it's Kirari, Mio and Rin (left to right)

Leos Klein
Mar 11, 2011

ALL HAIL CARDIEL

My EN Love Live keeps crashing whenever I tap on practice, special practice, remove member, member list or album leaving me unable to do anything. I was thinking to just delete the game and get a fresh copy, but I have about 252 love gems. I think they'll disappear if I use the transfer code. Anybody have any other ideas on what to do?

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

It's kinda weird that both Mio and Rin are rewards for both points and audience attendance. Also it's funny that I'm like 79kth in high score, presumably because the actual event song is semi-hidden.

http://twitter.com/iwasleep/status/782110546237595648
Also hey this is what they're eating? Somehow "slices of potato on a stick" just seems insane to me. It's like asking for a portable potato salad or something. It even seems weirder than having a bag of boiled new potatoes or something. This is just a tragic shishkebab.

I got potato opinions.

Leos Klein posted:

My EN Love Live keeps crashing whenever I tap on practice, special practice, remove member, member list or album leaving me unable to do anything. I was thinking to just delete the game and get a fresh copy, but I have about 252 love gems. I think they'll disappear if I use the transfer code. Anybody have any other ideas on what to do?

I'm pretty sure your gems only go away if you transfer across OS's, although I'd probably double check first. For now, if the app isn't still hanging around in your app switcher to be force-killed, try restarting your phone/tablet?

Also, and this is definitely something you'd want to double-check, I don't think you need to use a transfer code to just re-install the app on the same device. I'm pretty sure my account survived reinstalling from a straight-up device format without needing the code, when I'd sent it in for repairs. And that's a fresh install of the game, complete with the goddamn half-hour of downloading crap.

But like I said, if you're gonna try that, definitely issue the transfer code anyway, and double-check.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

Also it's funny that I'm like 79kth in high score, presumably because the actual event song is semi-hidden.

Yeah, you just reminded me it exists again, I keep forgetting. I'm still not going to play it, though, can't waste my precious stamina.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Zenostein posted:

http://twitter.com/iwasleep/status/782110546237595648
Also hey this is what they're eating? Somehow "slices of potato on a stick" just seems insane to me. It's like asking for a portable potato salad or something. It even seems weirder than having a bag of boiled new potatoes or something. This is just a tragic shishkebab.

I got potato opinions.

it's actually really good and a pretty novel way to eat a baked potato

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

more surface area = more crispiness from the oven

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Polsy posted:

Yeah, you just reminded me it exists again, I keep forgetting. I'm still not going to play it, though, can't waste my precious stamina.

Is the 1.5% increase in attendance really that big a deal? Or is there something else hidden in that event explanation I haven't bothered to actually read yet?

Wow the SIF reward tiers still feel super high, even for a 10-day. 25k for Ruby and somehow I feel like "event rank > 13200" is something of a pipe dream, too.
Also I made Riko my partner and like every third line of hers is about how lame she is. It's actually kinda depressing. C'mon Riko, cheer up.

Futaba Anzu posted:

more surface area = more crispiness from the oven

If you've baked a potato and there is a crispy bit that is not the skin, you've done something awful to your potato.

Now steak fries in a newspaper cone? Hell yeah. That's walkin' food.

VVV I'm glad it all worked out!

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Oct 1, 2016

Leos Klein
Mar 11, 2011

ALL HAIL CARDIEL

Zenostein posted:

I'm pretty sure your gems only go away if you transfer across OS's, although I'd probably double check first. For now, if the app isn't still hanging around in your app switcher to be force-killed, try restarting your phone/tablet?

Also, and this is definitely something you'd want to double-check, I don't think you need to use a transfer code to just re-install the app on the same device. I'm pretty sure my account survived reinstalling from a straight-up device format without needing the code, when I'd sent it in for repairs. And that's a fresh install of the game, complete with the goddamn half-hour of downloading crap.

But like I said, if you're gonna try that, definitely issue the transfer code anyway, and double-check.

I used the transfer code now it's working perfectly and I got to keep my love gems, thanks for the help.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

Is the 1.5% increase in attendance really that big a deal? Or is there something else hidden in that event explanation I haven't bothered to actually read yet?

Probably not, but I don't want to think that and then be 100 short at the end of the event, or whatever. Though if I was that short I'd just slam another stamina drink anyway, so.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Mostly I'm ignoring the event song because I'll have time for it later. Until I have Rin and Mio, the event is still very much in play for me.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Anyone know if you still get regional fans if you fail the mission? I completed all the missions in the region but still need fans to unlock the next region and I need to know how much attention I have to actually put in to the grinding.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zettace posted:

Anyone know if you still get regional fans if you fail the mission? I completed all the missions in the region but still need fans to unlock the next region and I need to know how much attention I have to actually put in to the grinding.

The challenge things? Yeah, I failed them and couldn't tell the difference between failing and not failing (besides that I hadn't actually cleared the thing yet and it doesn't count as a clear if you don't), though I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers were a little lower.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Zettace posted:

I didn't pay quite so much attention, but you still get attendance and points if you fail the side missions, but I think you get fewer.

I'm assuming it's not that huge a deal, since full clearing all the areas seems to be a mission on the same level as Master+ Clear, at least reward-wise.

So far I've had to double-back and to gin up enough fans to unlock the next set of areas, and I've only fully cleared 3 of four unlocked.

Oh, actually I've just noticed that the unlocks aren't total fans anyway, they're fans in specific areas. For example, to unlock the island area to the SW, you need 75k attendance in the West 西 area. And the northern bit neds fans from the tragic middle bit in between Kyoto-ish and Tokyo-ish. And I guess the last area's Hokkaido, and that'll unlock from gently caress-knows where!

I'm beginning to think maybe I should fork out for the fireworks and light shows and poo poo. Although really, looking at just the 1st Mio tier rewards I am very, very far away.

Polsy posted:

Probably not, but I don't want to think that and then be 100 short at the end of the event, or whatever. Though if I was that short I'd just slam another stamina drink anyway, so.

Gotta slam a lot of drinks to run a 45-stam 3play~

But some of those missions are pretty rough. Finishing with at least 80% health or "fewer than 30 bad/misses" when the day's exciting songs are Nation Blue and Anzu is sorta a crapshoot; and it's worse when that's on a 3-song set. Thank god for every one of those there's a "get 200 great/perfects" or "score 230,000."

I wish Tokyo wasn't the start line, because I really want to just play the event song there but it doesn't seem terribly worthwhile. Hell, I have nearly 3 times the attendance in Kyoto-ish than in the Capital area.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Does JPSIF have Aq 80/20 tickets? If I wanted to save for them on English will I be waiting forever? Should I just be satisfied with the here and now?

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

This draw went a lot better than my previous minimum wage effort. Raking in the SSRs now.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

kater posted:

Does JPSIF have Aq 80/20 tickets? If I wanted to save for them on English will I be waiting forever? Should I just be satisfied with the here and now?

Not yet. Presumably it's cause there's not that many URs yet for Aqours.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I keep dying in the SS event on Passion songs.

3 times now.

Twice on 45 Stamina tours.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I keep dying in the SS event on Passion songs.

3 times now.

Twice on 45 Stamina tours.

“Oh yeah I can clear that, no problem”
*dies in about 45 seconds*

:same:, yo.

Also great: Bad/Miss less than 30. …game immediately freezes at the start of a song. I really wish it wouldn't do that.
:v: good thing I didn't feel brave enough to try this with the ranko songs it's been pushing at me~

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

For some reason I thought Yohane was part of the URs list so I did a 10+1 pull. She was not. She was a SSR.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Yeah, you might wanna wait if you want any URs outside of the 2nd year trio. JPSIF is still waiting on getting a Dia UR, who is either this month or next. Assuming the same schedule in ENSIF, Yohane and Dia will be last URs.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
otoh, Riko is a very good Sunshine, so gratz

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Chill la Chill posted:

For some reason I thought Yohane was part of the URs list so I did a 10+1 pull. She was not. She was a SSR.

The tragedy of a UR Riko.

Polsy posted:

So I did two 3song runs, one with three auto-selected/fever songs, one with two and one without the bonus. Seriously what are you meant to call the daily/autoselected/hella popular songs?

西: 2 auto-pick, one not; 2 goals both cleared; 448 pt, 18400 attendance
中央: 3 auto-pick; 2 goals both cleared; 455pt, 18400 attendance

Both of those areas are in the same unlocking tier, for what that's worth. Obviously two rounds isn't much to draw any conclusion on, but uh, that 1.5% doesn't seem to mean a drat thing.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Yeah but she's such a downer on the home screen.

e. hey speak of the Riko and she shows up as a song reward.
Thanks Riko~

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Oct 2, 2016

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Is she? I guess her name works with Riko Riko Rii but I don't recall any memes about her.

E: oh wait is she the one who's scared of the dog? I haven't watched past the first episode.

Allarion posted:

Yeah, you might wanna wait if you want any URs outside of the 2nd year trio. JPSIF is still waiting on getting a Dia UR, who is either this month or next. Assuming the same schedule in ENSIF, Yohane and Dia will be last URs.

Ah ok. Well I hope I can get enough for several pulls by then.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Riko has consistently great facial expressions, her character arc is very moving (the second episode is hers, and it sold me on her), and she has secret fetishes. She's great.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

So is there a particular need to vary what songs you play for the CGSS event? Or to play the event song?

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

Argas posted:

So is there a particular need to vary what songs you play for the CGSS event? Or to play the event song?
There are about 10 daily randomly(?) selected songs that give you a ~1% bonus to fan increase. Other than than, you can pick what ever song you want to play.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

Zenostein posted:

So I did two 3song runs, one with three auto-selected/fever songs, one with two and one without the bonus. Seriously what are you meant to call the daily/autoselected/hella popular songs?

西: 2 auto-pick, one not; 2 goals both cleared; 448 pt, 18400 attendance
中央: 3 auto-pick; 2 goals both cleared; 455pt, 18400 attendance

Both of those areas are in the same unlocking tier, for what that's worth. Obviously two rounds isn't much to draw any conclusion on, but uh, that 1.5% doesn't seem to mean a drat thing.
If your phone's time zone isn't set to JST then your daily/auto songs won't update and will display incorrectly. Took me a while to figure this out as well :v:

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Zettace posted:

If your phone's time zone isn't set to JST then your daily/auto songs won't update and will display incorrectly. Took me a while to figure this out as well :v:

Holy poo poo. Out of curiosity, are they random-ish, or is everyone's the same? Today (2 Oct. JST) I have: Pastel Pink, Orgel, Zettai Tokken, Gokigen Party Night (all-type), We are the friends, Message, Kaze-iro melody (Chieri), Hanakanzashi (Sae), Aiko's, and Hakka (Karen).

So yeah, 10 songs. And I'm assuming it's in a list kept locally, if it's time-zone based, so presumably everyone has the same set list?

Well, even with an extra 1.5% (or even 11.5%, if I was feeling spendy) I figure you'd have to grind a bit to hit the unlock totals, at the very least.

How the hell did you even notice that, though? Just because the list happened to switch at 12/8 (whenever they change the daily stuff) local time?

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
I did the same test as you and noticed that my audience gain stayed the same even if I switched songs. I then looked up the current song list on the Japanese wiki and tried a song on the list and noticed that a got a bonus even though the song wasn't marked.

It seems like if you're on the same day as the current list then your daily bonus songs will be correct. However, once Japan switches over to the next day, the new songs will be active but your song list won't change because the game still thinks your still on the previous day.

Zettace fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Oct 2, 2016

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Well how about that. 445pt, 19,228 attendance.

And I guess I'll just take the math on faith, rather than assume 18400 was some sort of set value. Well, it's certainly more, and I guess the actual point value is related to the song level. These three were softballs, after all.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

(Hey)

Guess who's turn it is to die.

I can't believe Seafood never probed you for this... I sent the report days ago...

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

https://twitter.com/jeonghee1414/status/782446359911682052

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/dai_zip/status/782254379017482240

Have a cool and refreshing ueki

https://twitter.com/zuhonyanko/status/782168314659287040

https://twitter.com/hayasit/status/782142000174727168

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
After two failures in a row on the last song, I really must wonder why SS runs so badly on Galaxy phones. It's a cryin' shame.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

I'm really good at this game, guys.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Nice. Technically, I've beaten Konchikichi on Master, but I always dodge it in Grooves, the only time I did it I cut it pretty close, though maybe not quite that close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

https://twitter.com/Alaz_Raki/status/780858663523250176