Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Dragonwagon posted:

So yeah I'm looking at the new OP and...

Does Kira seriously have three stands? Did his dad just keep stabbing him with the arrow repeatedly? Did he hand out stands as a reward anytime Kira won 3rd place in something?

I hope the third one means he throws the housecat at someone. Nice catch, my man!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Neko-chan Kawajiri is the luckiest kitty because it gets to be fussed by the perfect goddess Shinobu and the perfect handsome man Kosaku Kawajiri as played by Yoshikage Kira.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's sort of a thing where a stand will have an added ability that's related to their 'normal' ability, and it'll be named after something else by the musician/band/whatever that the stand is named after. sheer heart attack is the first big example of that

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

We also have Star Platinum: The World I guess.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

that said, there's literally no way someone will be able to predict or guess what that third symbol is referring to

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i bet i can.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

We also have Star Platinum: The World I guess.

Technically, we'd have to assume Star Platinum always had the ability to stop time. Jotaro just never thought to try it because why the hell would you unless you're some dingbat but very cool and handsome vampire.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Maybe Jotaro stopped time without realising it when he caught the bullet in jail because DIO realises he can stop time when he has Nukesaku shoot him.

smuh
Feb 21, 2011

Kira is the only person cool enough to have three separate logos for his stand

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Someone post the comic where Kira sees Killer Queen's beautiful logos and then goes HOLY poo poo and goes to get his tie made just like it.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Johnny Joestar posted:

that said, there's literally no way someone will be able to predict or guess what that third symbol is referring to

Probably a bomb. Just, just a hunch I've got going. There might be a theme here, it's hard to say.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Kirk's gonna rock this town, rock it inside out.

smuh
Feb 21, 2011

gnome7 posted:

Probably a bomb. Just, just a hunch I've got going. There might be a theme here, it's hard to say.
Its going to be like star finger probably. Queen finger, it extends and then blows up

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Sheriff Josuke's gonna gather a posse and run Kira right outta town

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

i bet i can.

Technically, we'd have to assume Star Platinum always had the ability to stop time. Jotaro just never thought to try it because why the hell would you unless you're some dingbat but very cool and handsome vampire.

You know, I always though it was weird that they had the exact same stand ability, since there was no other example of such in the series. What if Star Platinum's actual ability is copying powers, and Jotaro just never thought to do that before or since that one time, so he's stuck with time stopping.

Johnny Joestar posted:

it's sort of a thing where a stand will have an added ability that's related to their 'normal' ability, and it'll be named after something else by the musician/band/whatever that the stand is named after. sheer heart attack is the first big example of that

Gonna go comb through the Queen discography for songs with the initials "S. C.".

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Dragonwagon posted:

You know, I always though it was weird that they had the exact same stand ability, since there was no other example of such in the series. What if Star Platinum's actual ability is copying powers, and Jotaro just never thought to do that before or since that one time, so he's stuck with time stopping.

Star Platinum is the culmination of the Joestar bloodline's Ripple Training and can copy and use any stand power... as long as the user is a vampire.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Dragonwagon posted:

Well that's not quite true. The D'Arby brothers both had extremely similar Stands, and that's basically the setup to show that family can have similar Stands. It's still a bit of a stretch but its not TOO out of place, and the time stop ability on Star Platinum retroactively makes a lot of earlier demonstrations of his ridiculous speed make more sense.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

grancheater posted:

Star Platinum is the culmination of the Joestar bloodline's Ripple Training and can copy and use any stand power... as long as the user is a vampire.

Jotaro is disappointed he didn't get some Vanilla Ice Cream with his pals.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

OK closest I could find was "Stone Cold Crazy" which is actually from the Sheer Heart Attack album, so there's that.

More importantly, I learned that there were two Queen video games?!

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Johnny Joestar posted:

Having seen some spoilers in other places on the internet, I know the name of the ability, but not the details of what it does.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

On the next episode, Kira gets an invite to a tandem 「Bicycle Race」, but his plans to have his Stand take the other seat are thwarted when the girl who has a crush on him wants to tag along. How will he win now?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Googling anything about Part 4's major characters is a mine field for spoiling things, more so than any other part.

Specific reason why, though not in detail:
Considering the shared nature of certain names being the names of very important characters in JoJolion (part 8)

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

Tunicate posted:

On the next episode, Kira gets an invite to a tandem 「Bicycle Race」, but his plans to have his Stand take the other seat are thwarted when the girl who has a crush on him wants to tag along. How will he win now?

Frustrated with the difficulity of maintaining his disguise, Kira activates 「Crazy Little Thing Called Love」, curing his sociopathic tendencies and allowing him to become the family man he was destined to be.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I liked the dub voices for the pillar men, especially Esidisi.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Chris Jai Alex rules, yes

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

MrAristocrates posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60tYKEgrXIk

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Dragonwagon posted:

Gonna go comb through the Queen discography for songs with the initials "S. C.".

Stardust Crusaders. Kira's third ability allows him to go back in time and join the cast of Part 3.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it actually stands for 'star catinum', and refers to how killer queen will somehow fuse with star platinum near the end and jotaro will be without his stand

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

MrAristocrates posted:

This cannot be stressed, that dude's voice is amazing

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
「Seven C's of Rhye」

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

Wait, I think I figured it out. It stands for Superb Cooking.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
I am just chiming in to say that tough guy japanese voices are good but also 100% identical, to the point that they sound lazy to me

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Kira's dub voice should be the guy who played David Bowie on the Venture Brothers.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Dragonwagon posted:

Does Kira seriously have three stands? Did his dad just keep stabbing him with the arrow repeatedly? Did he hand out stands as a reward anytime Kira won 3rd place in something?

I'm pretty sure I recall a parody comic of Yoshihiro repeatedly stabbing Kira with the Stand Arrow as an explanation of how he got Killer Queen.

Really, I want to know why Enya would just go "Sure thing, random Japanese guy, I'm totally okay giving you an arrow that could possibly give you a stronger Stand than my vampire overlord."

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012
She could have met Yoshihiro before Dio. Or maybe Dio knew Yoshihiro and let him have the arrow for some reason we'll never know.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I'm pretty sure I recall a parody comic of Yoshihiro repeatedly stabbing Kira with the Stand Arrow as an explanation of how he got Killer Queen.

Really, I want to know why Enya would just go "Sure thing, random Japanese guy, I'm totally okay giving you an arrow that could possibly give you a stronger Stand than my vampire overlord."

They made a poo poo load of Stands that are arguably stronger than The World with the correct application. Cream is utterly terrifying, for example.

Sir Ilpalazzo posted:

She could have met Yoshihiro before Dio. Or maybe Dio knew Yoshihiro and let him have the arrow for some reason we'll never know.

They straight up tried to make as many Stand users as possible, so why not give arrows to people in the places they won't be to make them?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
whos this (not rohan the jerk)

Also I just noticed the alien dude walking on the wall.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

track day bro! posted:

he's the guy hazamada overheard talking about where rohan lives

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

track day bro! posted:

a new character

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

A guy who thinks he's a spider it seems.

Maybe he's so good at pretending to be one, that Rohan didn't even notice he was living with him the whole time.

And now he's going to take revenge for that one spider Rohan ate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

track day bro! posted:

give it time

• Locked thread